Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Aww sorry to hear your having so much trouble, it's so demoralising when you can't control something. I do hope you find a workable resolution.

*hugs* from across the pond xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Good golly I am behind here! I haven't been able to sit down in front of the computer for more than 10 min. the last 2 days..

to our new ladies!!! Glad to have you.

Lynne~ so, about our gluten experience....she "technically should've started a couple nights ago but I haven't been able to get her to do it..she's like a deer in headlights when I even mention it.. POOR KID. Last night she did eat some stuff with gluten in it..veerrrrry small amount though..so this is gonna be one long-a$$ month! I did get sneaky, and while not altogether healthy, I KNEW she wouldn't be able to stay out of them...I got her some Nilla wafers..she loves them... so I know she's had a few at a time of those..but not enough to create tummy upset..so not sure what's going on or what we're gonna do? I'm not sure if this is a "build up" ...where she may not feel any sort of pain in the beginning and it will slowly build up, or what??

Speaking of the size 7 "fat pants.... she came home with 2 pairs of the cutes capris from work..(she works @ Justice for Girls)..they're a size 14 1/2..."husky" version for girls are the "1/2 sizes".... Now she's afraid she won't fit into these this summer if she blows up eating gluten .... oh, to be 16 again!!! ....or, uh, to even have EVER been that small....at any age!

We had DD16's pulmonology appt yesterday to check her asthma.. for whatever reason that kid is doing very well...the only thing that's changed is the omission of gluten. She had breathing tests that have been the best ever and she hasn't had an inhaler in months...Doc said to run with it and see how she does, didn't even renew her rx for her inhaler.. sp, good news! Oh, and last time we were there was Sept. of last year...she's lost nearly 20lbs.. .....

I am probably going to have to take my DD cals down to the 500..or even lower.. I'd been doing around 700-800 depending..1 day I had 900 ... but the last couple days I've noticed an increased appetite and I can't seem to satisfy it.. So, I'm thinking that it could be the increased cals? Yesterday I was absolutely miserable...I ended up with a MD Not looking forward to weigh in on Sat. morning!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh..and speaking of heat, humid, hot, dry heat...whatever.... we're forecasted for 118+ the next 3 days..
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
she's like a deer in headlights when I even mention it
I don't blame her! And in a lot of respects it's good that she's like that instead of desperate to get her paws on the Cheetos! lol

I've had a long discussion with my doctor this afternoon after my melt down at work, she's strongly advised against Dukan or JUDDD saying my best bet as I've already experience with calorie restriction now to reduce to 1200 and try keep that up for the forseeable future, she said I should still see a loss albeit much slower than I experienced last week but that at the moment my hormones etc,. are all over the place and my drastic dieting is doing nothing to help! Oh well....

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne, I am so sorry you are struggling!! That stinks that there is no where for Gavin to go. I wish there was something I could do to help you. Is there a University anywhere close to you? WE have gotten nanny's that way before. Any churches near you that you know anything about. Possibly inquire with the Pastor? To address your new residence....Don't assume you will hate it till you get there and then there's reason to hate it. I find often, attitude is everything. You may meet your new BFF there or even Gavin might. Never know! I hate that you/Gavin have any struggles especially when you are all but on your own! We are here for you, we can listen and chat as much as you want!

Gina, I see not having a HIGH Enough BMI as a GREAT thing. I agree with Lynne, is there any other avenue that you could utilize to get the help you need?

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #36

Lynne - forgot, VBS ends tomorrow....then softball all day Saturday and part day sunday! Starting Saturday at 7:30 a.m.! I will focus on next week. We are taking Thur/Friday off. So only 3 work days next week!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #37

Danielle --
Quote:
Speaking of the size 7 "fat pants.... she came home with 2 pairs of the cutes capris from work..(she works @ Justice for Girls)..they're a size 14 1/2..."husky" version for girls are the "1/2 sizes".... Now she's afraid she won't fit into these this summer if she blows up eating gluten .... oh, to be 16 again!!! ....or, uh, to even have EVER been that small....at any age!
Now that is just funny. My DD11 wears a size 16 in Justice sizes. Not plus, but the normal sizing. Your DD16 can wear the 14+, funny!!!!!

Hope you get a HEAT break soon. Yesterday/Today were to be 98* + whatever for the heat index. This weekend though is supposed to be beautiful, 83* Saturday, 78* Sunday, I can take that ALL SUMMER LONG!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #38

Gina - Is this your General DR? I ask because I find most GP Dr's reluctant to suggest ANYTHING except REDUCTION of calories. 1200c isn't much and I would hate to think of you doing that long term. I know most DR's HATE JUDDD and Atkins for that matter. WHy, I have no idea??? I think both are fabulous plans! I say, you do what makes YOU feel good, Screw the DR's and anyone else.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I don't blame her! And in a lot of respects it's good that she's like that instead of desperate to get her paws on the Cheetos! lol

I've had a long discussion with my doctor this afternoon after my melt down at work, she's strongly advised against Dukan or JUDDD saying my best bet as I've already experience with calorie restriction now to reduce to 1200 and try keep that up for the forseeable future, she said I should still see a loss albeit much slower than I experienced last week but that at the moment my hormones etc,. are all over the place and my drastic dieting is doing nothing to help! Oh well....
Oh well, Cheetos are GF!! ..so yeah, she's eaten those some already.

I am so sorry you're going through all this. If it's just a GP typa doc, ugh...I'm really feeling you..when I came to mine for extreme foot pain he told me to lose some weight and I'd be fine... and then told me that my 110 on fasting glucose test was "fine" and saw no reason to examine it any further.. .. Have you considered a holisitic doctor?? I am seriously considering it and realizing there are quite a few here which thrills me.

Lynne~ we must've posted around the same time when I posted last! I am so sorry you're stressing about baby boy That's rough for sure. Would be a blast to come help with him if I could..we'd have a party! Would anyone at his school have any reccomendations? Try and hang in there, hon.

Monica~ yes, 14 1/2.. fit her perfectly..of course I "have to make sure I don't dry them"..or they'll be ruined She fits into the jeans, but uh, at 5'7" they're a *tad* short..

I forgot to tell you guys... DS was held up at his bank the other day.. guy put a bag on the counter, said it was a bomb.. Manager pushed the "bat signal" and the guy took off... took everything out of me not to drive down there and pack his stuff and drag him home So not grooving on the idea of no glass at this bank like he had at the one here
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Dani - I love Cheetos but you just can't get them over here, my Dad used to send me 'care packages' containing big bags of them :-)
The holistic approach appeals to me but not my bank account unfortunately!

Monica - yeh she's my regular gp but it's more to do with my other issues why she's recommended I try this. I figure it's worth a shot and what other than weight have I got to lose!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Awww, Gina I'm glad you talked to the doc. I'm just not quite sure I trust them for diet advice. I wouldn't consider low carb drastic... but I know many feel that way. I think they just don't really think about what we actually do eat, just that we eliminate a bunch of stuff. I dunno. 1200 does seem low long term, but if you can stick with it big kudos to you! I think I 'could' but I probably wouldn't be a very nice person

Lynne, definitely just fear, but I so feel you. I'm sorry. Try calling the place that didn't respond and get someone on the phone. Let them know that he attended the last two years w/ assistance and you're totally out of options for this year. Should take all of 10 minutes (?) and could make the difference in your & Gavin's summer. Exercise in sticky heat is icky, but today was an off day, so just have to tackle it first thing tomorrow morning and see how it goes. Right now I feel like I could do more, but I'm only doing every other day. Since C25K constantly ups the ante on you I don't want to get caught off guard and overdo it. My knees are getting old and wimpy so I have to take it slow. Btw, I just plowed through 6 of Janine(sp) Frost's vampire novels, The Huntress Series. A bit too much on the romance side, but not bad at all. I think she does an amazing job with most of the characters, but I'm just not thrilled with the female heroin. She bugs me, but obviously not too much. I'm waiting for you to get me totally hooked on vampires

Danielle, woohoo for DD's pulmonary report! Very cool! As for other DD, I really do feel for her. It would be hard to eat something that you know is going to hurt you Well, I guess all of us do that at one time or another, but it's not quite the same. Sorry about the heat. I guess I won't wine too much when we hit 106.

OMG about your son & his holdup! YIKES! I would have went into instant mama bear mode, too. Scary stuff. Glad it all worked out well, but wow.

Monica, YAY for beautiful weather this weekend AND for a short week next week! You deserve a few days off! Where ya off to this time?

Weight was still up around 193 this morning. Not happy. Not sure what to do about it. TOM is impending, so trying not to stress. Wish me luck on 'run' 3 for the week tomorrow morning
Old 06-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Tami - the reason she'd suggested this clinic in the first instance was because she didn't want someone just saying to me 'eat 1200 cals a day' end of. But because she now realises I am able to restrict she thinks that way there's less liklihood that I will feel the need to binge so even if I go a little over as long as I'm making healthier options I should be ok at least until she can sort some sort of referral out. There's been suggestions of BiPolar flying around so she's making me a 'priority case' which is a bit of a concern! Hard to believe in 2009 before I had the operation on my foot I was a 112 lb 28 year old who wasn't the fittest person you'd ever met but I used to walk everywhere and was pretty healthy :-(

Danielle - I only just read about your DS's hold up: scary!!!

I'm still at 190.0 but that's still a loss of 5.2 lbs (I think!) in 2 weeks which I'm happy with. I've woken up feeling a lot better about things today. We've got friends coming over tonight, she's another breeder who's having one of the female kittens so we have an evening of wine, fortune telling and good company & I'm really looking forward to it!

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? x

Last edited by Genie80; 06-28-2013 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: I'm not making sense yet today....
Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, Gina, you were a tiny little thing. I was a happy healthy 160 pound, size 10/12, 37 year old when I hurt my back in a car accident. It's really not fair, is it? I'm glad doc is making a priority.

Great job on the 5.2 pounds! Wow!

I think I'll just try to stay cool for the weekend. We have a dinner out planned with the neighbors, but other than that, nada

Finished week 2 of C25K this morning. I went out at 5:30 and it was already a bit muggy, but not too bad. All doors and windows are now open, fans on, cooling the house off and hoping to delay turning on the A.C.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I forgot to tell you guys... DS was held up at his bank the other day.. guy put a bag on the counter, said it was a bomb.. Manager pushed the "bat signal" and the guy took off... took everything out of me not to drive down there and pack his stuff and drag him home So not grooving on the idea of no glass at this bank like he had at the one here
OMG!!

Yes, I am *very* impressed that you didn't swoop in and drag him home. Was your DS traumatized by it, or did he think it was pretty funny, the guy just taking off like that?

Also, I think I got your DDs mixed up, oops. Sorry. I thought you only had one.

Quote:
Try calling the place that didn't respond and get someone on the phone. Let them know that he attended the last two years w/ assistance and you're totally out of options for this year. Should take all of 10 minutes (?) and could make the difference in your & Gavin's summer.
Tami, this is just what I did! I called someone at the camp, and they didn't understand what had happened (getting no response when I emailed) but assured me that there is still financial aid available and Gavin is welcome. I filled out some paperwork online, and it looks like Gavin might be able to attend camp this year after all.

I think I just got discouraged and gave up too soon with all that was going on.

I definitely feel your pain on the "wimpy knees" issue!

Gina, thank you, and I do feel better today. I hope you're feeling better today, too.

5.2 lbs. in two weeks is awesome!!

Wine, fortune telling, and good company...sounds wonderful. Have a great evening!

Monica, my goodness, you've got a lot going on in the summer. Whoever thought "vacation" would be so strenuous?? Are you going to be catching up on your sleep thurs/fri, or are you off on a two-day adventure somewhere?

Off to get work done!! Wish me luck, and TGIF!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post

Tami, this is just what I did! I called someone at the camp, and they didn't understand what had happened (getting no response when I emailed) but assured me that there is still financial aid available and Gavin is welcome. I filled out some paperwork online, and it looks like Gavin might be able to attend camp this year after all.
YAY! I had a feeling that may be the case and I'm so glad things are looking up! Nice that Gavin can go back to a program he's familiar with, too. Yay Yay Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I think I just got discouraged and gave up too soon with all that was going on.
Totally understandable! You have a LOT on your plate right now!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #46

Quote:
OMG how scary is that????? I can't even imagine!

Lynne - that is GREAT news for you and Gavin!

Gina - you can get back to where you were girl! So sorry for all your struggles.

Tami - Sorry for no change. Not sure what to suggest girlie!

me, VBS ends tonight. DD11 has softball games all day Saturday, we have to be at the fields by 7:30 a.m.......no sleeping in Saturday! My parents decided that since the weather was to be so nice that they wanted to come for the games. They will arrive tonight and will spend the night then go to games Saturday with us. We are all excited about that. Will be nice to hange out with them for the day.

Sunday will be more games, no clue as to when. If they lose 3 on Saturday we are done. Now, do I secretly cheer for 3 losses? Then we have our Sunday all to ourselves! of coarse I will NOT do that! but a girl can dream secretly a bit, right?

Next week we have friends coming in from Texas for the holiday. We are canoeing on Thursday (7/4) then a BBQ that evening. Friday (7/5)- not sure what we will do. Probably games and generally just hanging out. Saturday(7/6) more hanging out and they plan to leave for home no later than 3:00 p.m. Sunday (7/7), clean things up as our friends from Springfield MO are coming in later in the day and plan to stay the entire week! :eeks: SUMMER is indeed a crazy time for us!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynne~ I have 2 DD's... 16yo and an 18yo.. DS is 20.. ... and no, DS seems to be ok..he said it happened so fast he didn't have time for it all to sink in at the time..

Tami~ Actually, the pulmonary visit and the gluten issues are all with the same kiddo..DD16.. Her asthma seems to be in control more due to the deletion of gluten.. Dr. couldn't say for sure, but she did say, allergies are allergies, so it's quite possible?

Monica~ sounds like you've got a busy weekend again!

DD today. Going to try and keep cals higher one last time since weigh in is tomorrow..if the numbers don't look good then I know I gotta drop them. The extra hungries is what bothers me, and I didn't really think about that when I decided to keep them higher on DD's.. oh well, live & learn, right?

Staying inside as much as possible today.. 120 degress is threatening..I think it should be a "heat day" (read: snow day)

DD16 had her first tummy attack yesterday.. it lasted for a couple hours and then disappated I dunno how I'm gonna get this done.. she's supposed to be eating it daily..well, she's got work several days a week so there's no way she's gonna be able to do go to work feeling like that.. such a mess.. She works this evening for 3 hrs so there's no way she'll eat any gluten today..and frankly, I do not blame her! All I can do is try my best with her for the month and explain to the doc.. I guess he'll test for plenty of things when we go, as long as everything checks out ok I guess I won't worry too much? Very confusing!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #48

OH Danielle POOR DD16!!!! You know, I don't know that she would have to have it daily, just consistently till you get the testing done. I pray she manages this next month. I hate it for her. I now how horrible it would be for me!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Lynne- I am so glad you worked everything out for Gavin! Sometimes a phone call to the right person makes all the difference in the world!!!

Gina- I am sorry things aren't working out for you on the Dukan front. I am counting calories too..... some days are harder then others but just try and keep lots of fruit and veggies on hand so you feel like you are able to eat more. The past two days for me have been rough... I am starving and I want to eat everything but I cant so it puts me in a bad mood!! What worked best for me is eating every two hours or so and I haven't been able to do that the past few days. I know atkins seems extreme to most but it really did help with my attitude....when I was in ketosis I always had a overall feeling of well being. If I cant seem to get out of this funk soon I may have to go back to LC for just that reason. Hope you can find something that fits for you soon I know how frustrating that can be.

Monica- You are always on the go lady! You are making me tired just reading all the things you have to do. Hope you find time to relax this weekend

D- It would have taken everything in me not to show up at my kids work and tell him its time to find another job, that's so scary. Glad he is OK. Sorry to hear about the DD stomach issues...its so hard to deal with these things when they are young. You just want them to be a kid and not worry about what they are eating. Hope you stay cool in the 120 degree heat.

As for me still holding on to the 2lbs from vacation..... Last two days have been weird for me. I have been hungry all day long no matter if I have eaten or not. Had a nagging head ache that I cant seem to shake and I am not sleeping well. I'm not sure whats going on. I am hoping the weekend will get me back to normal. If this continues I may have to go back to the LCing.

Yesterday I worked from home in the morning so I could keep the kids and I felt like I lost all patience with them ....I dont get why ..... my hubby is working nights (part of the reason I cant sleep) I dont know if me doing all the work is starting to take its toll on me or what. My hat is off to the single moms its a lot of work with no end in sight. DH has worked nights before and I normally dont have these feelings in fact I seem to get way more done when he is not home (makes no sense but it is true). He will be home on the weekends but he will be working nights for the next month or so really stinks because he doesn't get anytime with me and the kids during the week. Hopefully spending time together with the family this weekend is what I need to get my act together!! We shall see.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Found this on FB today...I think I needed to read it ..worth sharing

A friend of mine posted this and it hit me so hard and i needed this reminder hopefully this will touch someone else out there!! ♥

For the days we are running on empty. For the days we just don't think we have it in us to read one more story, play one more game of Uno, wash one more round of sheets. For the days when we think everyone else has it together. For the days we're sure anyone else would do this job better.

For those days. You know the ones.

Repeat after me:

1. I shall not judge my house, my kid's summer activities or my crafting skills by Pinterest's standards.

2. I shall not measure what I've accomplished today by the loads of unfolded laundry but by the assurance of deep love I've tickled into my kids.

3. I shall say yes to blanket forts and see past the chaos to the memories we're building.

4. I shall surprise my kids with trips to get ice cream when they're already in their pajamas.

5. I shall not compare myself to other mothers but find my identity in the God who trusted me with these kids in the first place.

6. I shall remember that a messy house at peace is better than an immaculate house tied up in knots.

7. I shall play music loudly and teach my kids the joy of wildly uncoordinated dance.

8. I shall remind myself that perfect is simply a street sign at the intersection of impossible and frustration in Never Never land.

9. I shall embrace the fact that in becoming a mom I traded perfect for a house full of real.

10. I shall promise to love this body that bore these three children out loud, especially in front of my daughter.

11. I shall give my other mother friends the gift of guilt-free friendship.

12. I shall do my best to admit to my people my unfine moments.

13. I shall say sorry when sorry is necessary.

14. I pray God I shall never be too proud, angry or stubborn to ask for my children's forgiveness.

15. I shall make space in my grown-up world for goofball moments with my kids.

16. I shall love their father and make sure they know I love him.

17. I shall model kind words to kids and grown-ups alike.

18. I shall not be intimidated by the inside of my minivan this season of chip bags, goldfish crackers and discarded socks too shall pass.

19. I shall always make time to encourage new moms.

20. I shall not resent that last call for kisses and cups of water but remember instead that when I blink they'll all be in college.

... with love from one tired mother to another.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hi there, just posting that I lost 2 lbs within the last 2 weeks and since starting this challenge on 6/26/13 (I am on Atkins Induction).

Starting weight: 215# / Goal weight: 200# by Sept 22
6/29: 213#

Have a successful week!!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #52

Ok girls , I haven't read everything , for that I'm
SORRY. I wanted to come tell you all DS14 is in ONEderland!!! He weighed in today at 198.2. He was very exited as are we. I'll read up later and comment to all.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Wow Monica that's amazing!
I'm back to 194 today & suffering from bad stomach cramps, had a crazy busy weekend so far & we have family here today for a roast dinner xx
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday everyone.

Seen my pre vacation weight on Sunday!! Now on to new lows!!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #55

Stacy!

Gina - sorry about the tummy issues.

Tami - so much insite!

Liz - way to go!!!!!!!! Exciting!

Monday of the Holiday week for us in USA. I only work M/T/W woohoo!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, are you okay? I keep seeing wildfire headlines in your area. Nervous Nelly here needs an update please.

Thanks for explaining the DDs. I get it now!

Quote:
I shall not judge my house, my kid's summer activities or my crafting skills by Pinterest's standards.
Liz, that post was awesome. I found it online and shared it on my FB, too. It was just what I needed to hear! You made my day!!

Congratulations on new lows, too! Good job!!

Monica, to DS!! Onederland is such an accomplishment for him, what a victory!!

Stacy, you've inspired me to go on Atkins induction for two weeks (after the move is over). I need to take charge (of carbs, at least ) again.
Once I have that mastered, THEN I will JUDDD also - but I've let carbs move into the driver's seat again.

Gina, I hope you feel better soon, and that you survived the weekend!

Tami, thank you! I don't know that we're out of the woods yet (where Gavin's camp is concerned), because they haven't called me back, but I have a good feeling about it!

I am learning to just stay calm in the midst of it all and say, "this too will pass". How is the heat wave treating you? No wildfires I hope?

Me... I'm staying cool. The western US heat wave has even extended to the beach, so we're hanging out in the shade and drinking lots of water. It was 81 degrees here yesterday! Factor in the tropical humidity, and that equals hot.

Tourists kept getting caught in rip currents this weekend. Five people had to be rescued at different times, and one person drowned. It's lovely here where I live on the central Oregon coast (Lincoln City), but this is one very dangerous beach!

We're almost completely packed and the house/garage/yard is about as clean as it's going to get. I'll be glad when it's over!

Happy Monday!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gonna try to play catch up! Sorry if I miss something important. It's unintentional, I promise!

Danielle, sorry for confusing DDs Poor DD16 gets all the fun stuff, eh? Poor kiddo!

Gina, hopefully your munchies have past by now, but I've felt the same the last few days. I hate when I have days like that! I'm with you. I don't know how single moms do it. My hubby is a workaholic, so there have been long stretches where I felt like I was doing everything, and I think it's totally normal to have your patience wear really thin at times like that. Still, you always know there's an end in sight... a weekend coming up, something. What if there just wasn't any help on the horizon? My hat is off to those who handle that situation well or heck, just get through it at all! Loved the FB post <3 Why are we so hard on ourselves?

Stacy, Great job!!!

Monica, WooHoooooo!!! Yay DS!!! So happy for him!

Liz, YAY to pre vacation weight... onward & downward!!!

Lynne, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all works out for Gavin & camp. Love that you're learning to stay calm in the midst of the craziness. That is just the hardest thing to do sometimes! I have limited success in that area. lol WooHoo for being packed & done with the house!!! I bet that's a huge relief! Still wish we were close enough to help!

Me - Our heat wave is dragging on. It's supposed to be 109 the next 3 days and taper to 100 by Friday. We have a heat advisory w/ higher humidity through Wednesday and Cal-Iso issued a 'cut down on electricity' advisory. Hope that doesn't mean we have rolling brown or black outs in store for us. Sigh. We have a 'dangerous' river here instead of the ocean. We had a drowning this weekend, too Got C25K done early this morning. Week 3 includes two 3 minute 'runs'. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is! lol I made it, though, and actually felt like I could do more and ran a little extra during the cool down... I was still a ways from home, so still got plenty of cool down time walking home. My knee was 'ok' during, but is sore sitting here now, so I'm just going to have faith in the program and not push it by adding to it again. I really do think I'm gaining weight, though. I do have some room to tweak JUDDD and really track & watch my UD calories. I haven't done that up to this point, so I could give that a try or go back to LC. I'm really pretty bummed that I'm not where I wanted to be for this Vegas trip that's now only a month away. I've given myself til Friday to figure out what to do next, but I'm going to start the stricter UD tracking now.

Last edited by misscobi; 07-01-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #58

Tami - In the beginning I tracked everything on JUDDD, especially the UD's. I hope you find what you are wanting. C25K is a great program, do trust it but keep in mind what is SORE and what is PAIN. Sore, normal, PAIN, not!

Lynne - my thoughts are with you during this move. I don't envy you at all!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #59

Liz, love your post!

Quote:
10. I shall promise to love this body that bore these three children out loud, especially in front of my daughter.
I think #10 is extremely important! I have been known to say to a friend of mine, IF You wouldn't want your daughters to tolerate that behavior, than you shouldn't. You are the example that they are seeing. Not good enough for their lives, shouldn't be good enough for the Mom's either!

Quote:
11. I shall give my other mother friends the gift of guilt-free friendship.
Quote:
14. I pray God I shall never be too proud, angry or stubborn to ask for my children's forgiveness.
-- done this one, already, several times!

Lots of very good points in there!

Last edited by zipp2play; 07-01-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - In the beginning I tracked everything on JUDDD, especially the UD's. I hope you find what you are wanting. C25K is a great program, do trust it but keep in mind what is SORE and what is PAIN. Sore, normal, PAIN, not!
I tracked my first few UD's and they were up there, but I was dropping a little weight then, so hoped I could get by without counting UD's and stopped. Will start counting them again tomorrow. I do count DD's, but they're easy. I have knee & back issues, so I just need to go slow & listen closely to my body. I haven't been too sore since the first week, but I do have to keep my knee in mind. It's just a tiny little nagging pain at the moment and it should be fine by tomorrow. Of all things I have 'housemaid's knee'. I think it's hilarious as it was originally diagnosed mostly in women who scrubbed floors on their hands & knees. I'm sure mine is from crawling around on the floor with toddlers which I've always found MUCH more fun than scrubbing floors <gg>. Main treatment is rest & ice. Surgery is rarely recommended and I wouldn't even consider it at this pain level, but I do need to baby it a bit. Add in the back issues and I'm just a mess, but doing what I can