Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #541
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
OK Phew!!!! All I could think was, omg I totally offended her!!

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your "messing around fun"... it's good to do that sometimes! I just wish that I didn't break landspeed records with how quickly I actually gain when I'm not paying attention.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Nope, was not offended at all... never even crossed my mind! I really was 'off plan' for a lot of the challenge... the hopping back and forth is likely the only thing that kept the weight somewhat manageable. I never went above 194... but I'd really like to be playing with a few pounds around 150 instead of around 190. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

I think you did great. You got to experience a couple different plans and see how they worked and still was able to keep your weight pretty much in check. But, I hear ya, I'd much rather have been playing with anything without a "2" in front of it...as should have been the case before eveyrthing went wonky.. Ah well...next time.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

I did awesome last night. Went to RedRobin..I had half of a cheeseburger loaded with veggies and *maybe* 10 fries, and a diet coke.. I was totally satisfied and not overly full.. I had maybe a handful of popcorn at the movies and was so done for the day.. Saw Prisoners. GREAT movie. Best movie of the year so far! Was worth staying up waaaay past my bedtime to see
Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
SO what we doing about a new challenge then?
I will be starting the next one at 201!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls. I'll be starting the new challenge at 189... it started to settle on 188, but didn't. Twice. So up one for the Autumn Challenge

Thanks for the heads up on Prisoners, Danielle. Sounds like you did great food wise! Yay You!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #547
Blabbermouth!!!

I did great over the weekend, yet the scale says I'm up. It could be a couple things, really.... TOM is due in next few days, or it's my calories for real---I haven't been tracking them hardcore & I actually think I may not be eating enough. Go figure, huh? Or, it's the CLA that I started taking about 4 or 5 days ago... So many possibilities!
I'm not worrying about it...... yet. Gimme a couple days and I'm sure I'll go into my usual basket-case-mode

I'll be starting the new challenge waaaaayyyyyyy higher than the last one. Dang, that stings! Ah, but it is what it is, right?

Tami~ Prisoners was amazing. Every parents worst nightmare for sure. The acting by everyone was superb. So cool that I saw 3 ( YES, THREE) very good movies this weekend. All so different and amazingly well done.

Busy day today. Not exactly sure what it entails, but just know it'll be busy.....DH is off today DD17 is home sick, something wonky going on with her tummy.. not entirely sure wth is up with her....she's been eating legal stuff but she's had issues the last week or so off & on...*I* think it may be the deli meat she's been eating for lunches but we'll see.. she's stubborn that way Also, she's had a sore throat and sniffles, so maybe all of it is flu related.. Thank goodness for chronic illness permission and the fact she's a straight A student regardless of how much school she misses! Sheesh!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 09-23-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #548
Blabbermouth!!!

Did I miss something? Where is Monica??????????

It sure is quiet in here! Nobody but me & the crickets!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
D- Sorry I have been MIA! Still chugging along on the weight loss and I am back to counting calories. Just 1 lbs away from hitting the 50lb mark!!!
Glad to see you back at it again.. we all get back at it when the time is right!! I know for me I have to have my mind in the right place or I am just wasting my own time.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, you have done fantastic! i am so proud of you. Man, I cannot wait til I get to that milestone, you go mama!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, that is awesome! Great job!!!

Danielle, I'm with you... where is everyone? How will we ever start a new challenge without Monica & Lynne? Hmmmm...
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz, that is awesome! Great job!!!

Danielle, I'm with you... where is everyone? How will we ever start a new challenge without Monica & Lynne? Hmmmm...
Awk, sorry, I'm here, I'm here!! I got buried under life for a minute.

Good on ya, Liz! 50 pounds is a lot of determination!!

Remember last year was the end of the world challenge?? It seems so long ago now, and here we still are!

I weighed myself yesterday, and since I don't see how it's possible to gain 15 pounds in a month, I'm just going to politely pretend my scale didn't say such a scandalous thing. I think it's rusting, like everything else around here.

I'm up for another challenge!! Anybody got a name for it? I like the seasonal challenges, so I'll vote for ending on winter solstice, whenever that is.

and finally...

Congratulations, challengers!! We did it!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Lynne's alive! Phooey with that old rusty scale! We did do it! We made it through another challenge committed to improving our health... whether we made real headway or not, we're still here and we're still working on it! There's definitely something to be said for that!

Will have to brainstorm for a name... any ideas? Skinnier by Solstice is the only thing that pops into my head, but eh. There's got to be something with a bit more attitude to match our determination. Hmmmm...
Old 09-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #554
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Did I miss something? Where is Monica??????????

It sure is quiet in here! Nobody but me & the crickets!
I'm here still JUDDDing. Rotations are going, weight is not really moving! I am swamped at work and at home! Can't get my head above water! DD11's team is working a festival and selling Indian Taco's and Baked goods. DH is a HUGE BAKER so we are baking pies, cookies, sweet breads. All sell great. Plus I volunteered to make cookies for the homecoming dance at DS14's school! Yes I have LOSER written on me so if someone needs something, they always ask and I always say yes!

Weight end of challenge was 173 (up 4 pounds from beginning). Is that a record? I think it is for me! LOVELY!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the congrats everyone
Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Lynne- Glad to see you back... life has a way of taking over doesn't it specially when you have young kids??!?!?

Monica- you are not a loser.... you are just a great person and a wonderful involved parent

Tami- This one is a tuff.... ????? by winter.... Beating the Holiday Bulge???
Old 09-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #557
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ Well, geez, you've been a busy girl. I had no idea. Not a loser, just someone who's comitted to her kids.

Lynne~ I consider myself successful that I stuck around despite my horrible horribly results on the scale I'm hoping the next one goes much smoother for me. Boo to the scale!

Tami~ You know me, I have zero imagination when it comes to our titles! We'll leave it up to you creative types to get 'er done!

The scale is moving down again. Took me most of my week to get to a new low. A small one, but still a new low nonetheless. -.4
Ironically, I dunno if I was eating enough. I started tracking everything and getting within at least 15-25cals of my targets and the scale started going down from that horrible high I found on Sunday. Go figure, eh? EAT!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I was going to say the same thing as Liz... that makes you anything BUT a loser in my book! You know how hard it is to get parent volunteers for anything. Good for you and hubby for helping out! Oh, and is DS going to homecoming? How's the fit, healthy, freshman doing with his new look? Sorry the scale isn't playing nice. I keep thinking mine should be moving and it seems to really like 189-190. Sigh.

Liz, I definitely like Beating the Holiday Bulge better than Slimmer/Skinnier by Solstice. It is a tuff one, but I have no imagination, so that certainly doesn't help!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami~ You know me, I have zero imagination when it comes to our titles! We'll leave it up to you creative types to get 'er done!
hehe... you posted while I was reading/typing... yep, same here. lol

Nice job on the new low!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #560
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Makes me no difference on the name. I am up for whatever!

Sexier for Santa
Less layers by Winter

I SUCK AT THIS!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Ooooh, I like Sexier for Santa! Does everyone here celebrate Christmas w/ the jolly old elf?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, those are good names! MUCH better than anything I had running thru my head. Notice, I didn't write any of them?

I am really excited for this challenge this time. For the first time in a VERY long time I TRULY feel a difference in my mentality. I'm excited to see what progress I can make before Christmas. I know that there will be challenges with all the yummy treats that signifies the holidays..however, I feel like I am comitted to giving this plan a true effort and ironically, I don't find myself missing any of the junk. Not even chocolate!
Another thing I got going for me is the one person that I usually bake up a storm with every year is DD17 and now she can't have any of it. She hasn't wanted to try anything alternative as of yet.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #563
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Ooooh, I like Sexier for Santa! Does everyone here celebrate Christmas w/ the jolly old elf?
YEP!!

Funnily enough, my kids still write "Santa" every year w/ their lists.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Makes me no difference on the name. I am up for whatever!

Sexier for Santa
Less layers by Winter

I SUCK AT THIS!
I like sexier for Santa!!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Monica, those are good names! MUCH better than anything I had running thru my head. Notice, I didn't write any of them?

I am really excited for this challenge this time. For the first time in a VERY long time I TRULY feel a difference in my mentality. I'm excited to see what progress I can make before Christmas. I know that there will be challenges with all the yummy treats that signifies the holidays..however, I feel like I am comitted to giving this plan a true effort and ironically, I don't find myself missing any of the junk. Not even chocolate!
Another thing I got going for me is the one person that I usually bake up a storm with every year is DD17 and now she can't have any of it. She hasn't wanted to try anything alternative as of yet.
I am rooting for you Danielle I just know you will knock this next challenge out of the park!! When your mind and body are all on the same page it makes things so much easier. You got this.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies.... It's almost Friday!!!! Any good plans for the weekend??

..... Nothing big going on for me... just dinner Sat night for my nephew

Last edited by Lize636; 09-26-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Liz

Nothing too terribly exciting going on over here this weekend--dh has to work all weekend.. may take DD17 to the movies Sat. Other than that, I see laundry and housework in my future. Real fun, huh?

Scale moved alittle again this morning... another little one. -.4 But if I look at my weight last Thursday vs. today---I've lost 2 lbs. Chris Powell recommends for his plan, the truest weigh day to be Thursday mornings.. Even tho my week is "techinically" Sat-Fri.... this seems to work. Either way, all I care about is the scale is moving, and in the right direction!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Scale moved alittle again this morning... another little one. -.4 But if I look at my weight last Thursday vs. today---I've lost 2 lbs.
Awesome, Danielle!

I was at 188 today really close to 187 (I have one of those giant health-o-meter analog scales for those who don't know.) So it looks like progress. Will be so nice to see a new low...

With that said... weekend plans... my birthday is today, but we had already decided to celebrate this weekend. Last night hubby was asking me where I wanted to go out to dinner and if it was going to be a cheat day. Hmmmm... My first thought was my fave Mexican place. His suggestion was Austin's Steak House. I LOVE their lobster chowder, but I don't really want to spend that much $ and I love love love my Mexican place. I figure we could take a whole crowd to Garcia's for the same price as him, I and the boys going to Austins. lol. Austins would probably be 'less' of a cheat, but hmmmm... I think I'm leaning toward Mexican.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

- Danielle you are doing so good!!

Tami- you know my thoughts on bdays...they are defiantly cheat days!! Go out and enjoy your bday dinner.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami!!!!!!! Have a wonderful birthday weekend!!!

I say do the Mexican food--- (there's no little devil face so I gotta do 2 yummy guys instead!)