Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Had a great DD yesterday. It was BUNCO night for me so I was surrounded by Cheese puffs (LOVE THOSE) M&M"s (really love those) PB/White chocolate popcorn....and ate nothing! Total calories for the day were right at 540c. Really good for me!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Had a great DD yesterday. It was BUNCO night for me so I was surrounded by Cheese puffs (LOVE THOSE) M&M"s (really love those) PB/White chocolate popcorn....and ate nothing! Total calories for the day were right at 540c. Really good for me!
Thats awesome! I love when I can do that without a hitch!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Great job at Bunco, Monica!

I'm slowly easing toward my old low. The scale was right at 190 this morning... much better than last week's 194. the trend continues!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Monica~ DD also tested positive for soy allergies...well, anything that is chocolate has some sort of "soy" in it.. it kinda makes sense as to why sometimes randomly she would complain of stomach pain even though she'd been GF. I'm kinda glad that she needs to keep away from it, she was gravitating to the sweets way too much.. I know it's gotta be hard as a teenager..but honestly, I think she is truly enjoying her smaller physique (sp?)

GREAT job at Bunco, go you!!!!!!!

.....and uh, no..... I'm barely 5'3" Which is fun...DH is 6'..and all my kids are taller than me too..

Tami~ crossing my fingers for your continued trend. You're doing great, mama!

I completed my first day back on track. I slept like a friggin rock last night! No bloaty weird tummy yesterday either.. this is good! I spent a few hours in the kitchen yesterday cooking some proteins & chopping veggies and fruit.. amazing how much easier life got once that was done!

Today's a high carb day..I'm kinda excited to actually have some fruit today! I am missing my coffee But I keep thinking about my need to meet my goal for the next 4 weeks, and that requires me to lose 10 lbs. I haven't been able to lose 10 lbs in a month since like the first time I attempted Atkins years ago. I HOPE this plan absolutely helps me meet this goal!!

DH is off today so I'm sure he'll keep me busy today. His one day off for over a week...it sucks to have to use it running errands and such, and not doing something fun.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Danielle! As you know the trick is getting the trend to continue... I am focused, though and I think I've convinced myself to stay that way for a good long while! Great job on your AWESOME first day! Sounds like your body is quite happy! Yay! No coffee, though? Ouch. Wonder how long that addiction craving lasts? Hopefully not too long! You're going to rock this!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Just checking in after our weekend away and catching up on what's been going on in LCF land

I weighed in at 206.8 lbs this morning, 49.9% water & 40.5% body fat Oh well, if that's not motivation then I'm not sure what is! Means I now have a total of 80 lbs to lose before I hit goal which I'd like to acheive by July next year meaning I need to lose aproximately 8.5 lbs a month so hopefully I'll get to 198 by the end of October.. seems to be my magic number that... hopefully I'll kick it's a$$ this time and will get lower!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #517

Danielle - I forgot about her soy allergy! Gosh, I know nothing about soy, except, like wheat it is in a lot of things! Poor girl! I am sure she does like being tiny, but she is going to try to put on a little, right?

Tami - I think we all have the same demons, they just show themselves in different ways for each of us. If like if nothing else, it is a challenge and a learning experience. I do believe that finding a good Place is important. Be it thin/thick or somewhere in between. Loving ourselves and accepting/forgiving these things IMHO should be the goal. It took me many many years, but I do believe I am there. Now, I would still like to be smaller, not sure that will EVER change...no matter what size I am!

Gina - you can do this girl! It's just the starting number. What plan do you think you will follow?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #518

Yesterday was a good up day! It was maybe 40 over, so that is great. I didn't drink any wine, even though DH was. I am trying to DRY out a bit. Still having it on ocassionally, but not as often as I was!

DS14 has found new focus. Really counting and sticking with the numbers again. Plus adding the running 3 days a week. I think he would like to see another 10 be gone! If he lost 10 more, he would be 185. I think at 5'11" (at this moment) that is a good weight. Who knows where he will end up!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #519

OUr challenge ends Sunday? Is that right?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Monica - defo back to JUDDD today is my first DD x
Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Can't believe our challenge ends Sunday... unless the whoosh fairy comes through this may be the first challenge that I'm actually up a couple of pounds

Onward & downward, right? This just won't do for the next challenge. May be time to get again!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #522

Tami, I am right there with you. I need 2 pounds gone for me to even be at the same weight as when we started!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello my lovelies!

Gina~ I hope you guys had fun last weekend! I have every faith in you that you can meet your goals

Monica~ the Dr. & nutritionist both said that she was fine. For now... she's 3% away from falling into the "malnourished" category on paper, but they said she looks healthy and vibrant.

Tami~ Onward & downward is the only way we can keep thinking about things. You've done great this challenge all things considered! We won't discuss just HOW FAR away from my goal I set for this challenge
-----------------------------
Onto day 3 and so far so good! I was really worried yesterday with being out for most of the afternoon, but I was able to pick the right things when we stopped to eat for lunch and it felt really good to be in control.

Weighed this morning and I'm down 4 lbs. I am sure it's water weight, but honestly, any time I've restarted a plan after a long while I have NEVER lost more than 2lbs the first week, and that's being generous with my calculations. I was shocked when I saw the #, I certainly wasn't expecting that big of a change in just a few days -- especially given that I feel like I eat all day long..6x a day sounds nuts but when you get down into it, it actually helps me get through the day. It feels really good to be in control!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #524

Danielle 4 pounds is amazing! You are doing GREAT, keep it up!

It's Friday-eve, enough said!

OH and it's book club night! LOVE THAT!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies - here is my challenge update:

TOM this week - its bad. Bad cramps, headache and bloating. I had 2 glasses of wine last night.
Today I have a planned cheat night - going out for sushi with my sister.
Friday - back to Induction, so I don't plan to weigh myself for at least one whole week!

Current weight = ?? Don't want to know!

I'm so happy it's Friday eve, I need a fresh new week; I'm all outta sorts this week; not my usual organized self!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Nice job, Danielle!!! Four pounds would at least put me into the positive for this challenge. lol

Monica, enjoy book club! Honestly wish I were alone in being above start weight

Stacy Enjoy your cheat night. Hope the icky TOM stuff goes away soon! Blech

Didn't get on the scale, so nothing to report there. I was super munchy yesterday. I kept it low carb, but probably ate too much. I started out tracking everything, but stopped somewhere during the day... it's a tough habit to get back into! I think I'll stick a reminder on my monitor or something.

Happy Friday Eve! Hubby has talked me into joining his dart league with him. We'll play a lower level 'trio' league with him and our neighbor. Should be fun, I guess. lol. I have to go to the bar tonight and play a bunch of games to get an official rating. They utilize a handicap system and I want my handicap! lol Heck, I NEED a handicap! lol We'll see how that goes! I've been avoiding going with him, which helps me avoid drinking and this bar has the best home made chips plus other yummy munchies. This kind of thing is where JUDDD makes life easier than low carb... someday I'll try JUDDD again...
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Tami - that dart league sounds like a blast!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Hello Ladies - here is my challenge update:

TOM this week - its bad. Bad cramps, headache and bloating. I had 2 glasses of wine last night.
Today I have a planned cheat night - going out for sushi with my sister.
Friday - back to Induction, so I don't plan to weigh myself for at least one whole week!

Current weight = ?? Don't want to know!

I'm so happy it's Friday eve, I need a fresh new week; I'm all outta sorts this week; not my usual organized self!
You are right. A reset is all you need!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #529

Tami, enjoy the time with your DH! Can you take a snack? Weren't you the one that drank vodka with Moi? Maybe try that again too??
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls! It should be fun. I'm such a stress case over competition, but so far everyone I've met is great. The elderly couple that run the league are a hoot! The husband reminds me often that I remind him of an old girlfriend <gg>. He's a doll And yep, Monica, I do Vodka w/ seltzer water & Mio. The Mio is on the counter next to hubby's dart case
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Monica & Tami Feels great to see the numbers shrink!

Tami~ I think you're gonna have a blast! What a fun way to spend some time with your hubby ♥

Monica~ What book are you reading for book club this month? I am so far behind on my reading, it's a shame.

Stacy~ have a great time out with your sis! TOM wreaks havoc with my diet too, hang in there I know you'll do great.

A great day food wise so far. I'm feeling alittle melancholy ATM, today would've been my dad's birthday.. kinda snuck up on me. Kinda dredges up all the stuff again.. meh.

Scale moved a smidge again this morning.. -.8 it's still working! I need to get the exercise going soon..I think that is a crucial piece to my success and to revving up my energy. I've been hitting a wall about 4pm every day, to the point where I could sleep if I let myself shut my eyes. Yesterday I purposely got busy around the house about that time and it seemed to help alittle bit, but noticed that I just got sleepier around dinnertime Thinking the workouts will help with all of this.

I realized that tomorrow is my "free day"... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this...I'm actually terrified at the thought of messing up everything I may just keep a super lc day * enjoy a fun dinner out (minus beer ) and maybe some popcorn @ the movies. That's the plan for now, anyways!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I'm starting out at 187 and my target for this Challenge is 182....
Ha ha ha ha ha....
Well I weighed in yesterday and had lost 3.6 lbs... so stats now:
203.2 lbs 48.0% water 40.8% body fat
Hoping for another bit of a whoosh tomorrow but no chance of reaching my initial target.. I'll be happy to get to 202 now by Sunday!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina, no lookin' back. All that matters is that you're working on it now. Great job on the whooshie, I love those!!

I had a good 4 days on plan.. the scale has repaid me nicely. Total of 5.6 lbs and I am incredibly happy to no longer have a "5" in my stats...
I'm going to use Friday's as my 'end of the week' simply because I am using it as my "free day"... Technically the way Chris' plan is written, Sunday's are supposed to be your free day but that doesn't work for date night and I REFUSE to stress or even give that up! So I made it work for ME. Also, he recommends using the extra calories throughout the first part fo the day but that doesn't work too well, either. So, I'll see how it affects this weekend and if it's bad, well, then, I'll change it. Easy peasy!

I'm curious to see how I do next week as TOM is supposed to start somewhere in there I'm hoping like heck that I don't bloat back up and show gains anywhere!!

Plans this weekend, anyone??
As usual, movies movies movies here. When there's something good to watch, yep, I'll be there Prisoners tonight, and tomorrow, Thanks For Sharing--with P!nk in it!!! I'm so excited for that!!! Speaking of...she's on GMA today..YAY!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

So true Danielle, I decided that my new start on Monday would mean no looking back and stressing about previous figures and or failures. I'm on this woe now and that's that. I've actually managed a full day at work today on a down day. I'll total at around 690cals by the time I've got home and had a big salad for dinner but I'm pleased with that - I knew it would be these days that would be the hardest!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm guilty of looking backwards SO much. I've finally figured out that I can no longer afford to do it. All it does is set me back even further! Good for you for having such a great DD! Enjoy that salad, I love them!

I just realized that I only have 4.6 left to lose for my little challenge that ends Oct 13.. I think I may just be able to pull this off!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm feeling alittle melancholy ATM, today would've been my dad's birthday.. kinda snuck up on me. Kinda dredges up all the stuff again.. meh.

And YAY for the 5.6 pounds gone! Seems this program really agrees with you! WooHoo! Enjoy date night!

Oh, Gina.. like I said, I wish I were the only one! We'll all get there, though. We're here, we're still working on it, we will get there!

I was at 190 this morning, so probably not going to make it back to start weight... which was only one pound higher than my lowest weight, so yeah, not going to hit that either... goal...hahahahaa yeah... no.

Darts were fun last night. It turned out to be a beginner tournament and not just a rating thingy. They split the 'good' players and the 'not so good' players up and grouped us into pairs with a blind draw. My hubby & his partner knocked me and my partner out of the tournament. We ended up finishing fourth & DH second. I'd rather just play with DH, but it was still fun.

For the weekend we've got minimal chores to do tomorrow & then nada. Sunday we'll be going to see my friend on the coast & her puppies On a side note blue footed boobies (the bird) have made it up to the northern/central California coast for the first time since 1971. They've been spotted around the Monterey Bay and I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of one. My friend who lives there has been looking a bit, though, and hasn't seen one yet. She lives right on an amazing estuary slough that comes into the bay and the boobies have been spotted hanging out with Brown Pelicans, which are numerous in the area, so hopefully I'll get lucky I used to live right there as well and love this kind of thing. It's an amazing area for birding & coastal wildlife.

Happy Friday ladies! Hope you all have an excellent weekend!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tami And yes, the plan is agreeing with me right now. I'm thankful to be showing such progress so early. The last few plans I've not ever had those kind of numbers when first starting out.

Darts sounds like a good time! Alittle healthy competition and all that!

I wouldn't worry about the numbers, I see good things for you in our next challenge. This particular one you got to experiment alittle bit with a different plan, go on vacations, and began a running regimine. I'd say you did very well!

LOVE nature & wildlife near Monterrey! Aw, man, I so cannot wait to just get back to the bay area and just enjoy all of the outdoor stuff again!!! ♥

I went and saw Gatsby this afternoon by myself. It was free & I'd really wanted to see it when it first came out. Loved it. I allowed for a small popcorn and a water and drank all the water but only about 1/3 of the popcorn. I'd call that success!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

It's really awesome, Danielle! I'm so glad you're seeing success. I know how motivating that can be! Great job on the popcorn & water! Nicely done!!!

Thanks for the support regarding the numbers. You're right. I really did mess around a lot during this challenge. From Fast 5 to JUDDD to low carb, with LOTS of small cheat meals/days plus the week long trip to Vegas. Oh-well. Time for changes, though

Scale read 189 this morning... it's being nice and trying to get me back to my start weight for the challenge. lol

Happy Saturday! Have a great weekend girls!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

OH NO!!! I was not trying to insinuate you were messing around!! OMG! NO. What I meant was, that, I think you did great, and you took the opportunity to try on different things and had new learning experiences!!! A far cry from what I accomplished this challenge! LOL

The scale is giving you what you deserve! Maybe it's wising up and senses that you're about to beat it into submission??
Old 09-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
OH NO!!! I was not trying to insinuate you were messing around!! OMG! NO.
Yikes... the written word is tough to interpret sometimes! I didn't read your comments in a negative way at all! No worries!!! At all! Sorry if my comments came across wrong! Messing around was my view of what I did during this challenge... and I did mess around - A LOT... and it was fun! I'm just glad I didn't gain more with all of the 'fun'