Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
I just realized that we are about 17 days away from the end of our challenge. I need to do the math on if I am going to hit my goal!!! I kinda forgot about it!
HOLY CRAP, I didn't realize we were so close! I KNOW I won't meet my numbers!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #452

OH NEW floors in th kitchen, HOW FUN!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #453

Nothing special planned for today. We ordered lunch in at work. Tonight DD11 has Softball practice 5-7 and DS14 will be working 4-7. I think we will all eat dinner together tonight. HEck, maybe we can go out for FROYO! Honestly, as the children are getting older, our night stuff is getting later and THIS girl likes to go to bed early. I can't remember the last time I was asleep by 9:15, I miss that! *sigh*
Old 09-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #454

It's FRIDAY everyone! Lunch yesterday was high calorie, but dinner was low. We had mainly veggies and grilled shirmp! I think overall, great UP DAY! Now to ROCK this DD! Friday DD's are always so dang hard for me. The celebratory nature of it just being Friday is hard to combat! I WILL TODAY!

With my Birthday money, I bought off amazon the 1st season of Homeland. Anyone watch that? It was 1/2 off Tuesday! So I got it for $19.99! Tonight I plan to watch that and CLEAN house! I know, slow down on the FUN Friday night stuff!

Tomorrow we are heading back to my parents house. My Dad's 50 year high school reunion stuff is this weekend. In little Cole Camp MO, they are having their annual Fair and his class replicated their float from Senior year of high school. So he is in the parade and we are all going to cheer him on!!!!!!!! My dad is STOKED! They have worked their A$$ off making the float!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Monica, I think it's SO COOL that your dad's class has replicated their senior class float and that he's going to be in the parade w/ the float. What an awesome reunion project! I'd love to see a pic! Oh, and my mom watches Homeland & loves it. It's one of 'her' shows.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning ladies!!

Where the heck have I been, anyway?? Sorry it's been so long; back to school et cetera. My routine is all disrupted and I haven't gotten it back yet. I've missed you guys!!

Welcome back Danielle and ! I'm so glad all the gluten testing is out of the way, DD can get back to her life.

Your life is conspiring against you to derail your diet plans (no kitchen for 3 days??) Stay strong my friend!!

Monica, to you too my dear!!

Thank you, I'm going to watch Homeland now. It sounds great. You're doing so great in the pre-maintenance phase, balancing life, diet, exercise, raising the babies - you're a real inspiration to me.

Stacy, the nachos sound really good. That crockpot chicken stuff sounds like it could be a base for lots of delicious lc things. I've been thinking I need to try some new recipes.

Liz, that is so true. Whether we win each battle or not, in the long run we're winning the war. As long as we're here we're always learning, learning, learning about ourselves and how we roll in terms of diet and exercise and how that fits into our life. Nothing derails me faster than being mean to myself because then I lose confidence in my ability to figure out the nuances - and that confidence, for me, is the starting gate.

Tami, I'm so sorry, but the reason your C25K has fallen off the table is that I have *stolen* your exercise mojo. It's all my fault. For the first time in a long, long time, I am getting my butt outside and walking a mile or two almost every day! (Yes, with your mojo. I know it's yours.)

Perhaps you could nab it the mojo back from me, but you'll have to be very very sneaky, because I have gotten attached to it.

Gina, how's it going?

Me... I have just passed 20K words; update for the impatient.

Have also discovered that for me, unfortunately, cookies are very motivational. I'm making a deal with myself to indulge myself less often, not cut out cookies altogether...but why does that feel like such a punishment?? I really want to figure out this "indulge a little but not every day" thing. Maybe it's time for me to read "French Women Don't Get Fat" again.

Thank you all so much for being here. What would I have done without you in the past year??

Happy Saturday morning!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Stacy, the nachos sound really good. That crockpot chicken stuff sounds like it could be a base for lots of delicious lc things. I've been thinking I need to try some new recipes.
Lynne - Yes, I have made that chicken in the crockpot many times using different ingredients. I've used it for tacos, enchiladas, bbq chicken etc!
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Lynne~ Hey girl! Seriously, *something* always goes wrong when I'm getting ready to do something, it doesn't matter what it is! I am guessing I'll be doing alot of salads for those 3 days...

SO glad all the questions regarding DD's health are all on the table. It's been a long few months and getting back to some sort of new normal will be nice. She's got to maintain her weight--this might be worse than the not knowing part She's SO stubborn!

If you can figure out the indulge a little/not alot thing lemme know! DH can buy or make cookies and eat 3 and then not touch them again for days...often times they end up going stale before he bothers looking at them again. Hello?? I have no clue what that must feel like and some days I really despise that I don't

So proud of you for getting in those walks! I am planning to ramp up some sort of real exercise very soon.. right now it's just alot of stairclimbing and conscious movement to say I'm doing *something*.. Again, no idea why exercise is so terrifying to me?

Monica~ I hope you are having a fabulous weekend, it sounds fun!

--------------

Having some strange weird stomach pain....altho' I am really questioning whether it's really my stomach and not something else.. It feels like it's down "deep" inside my middle section..not my stomach stomach, nor my lower abdomen, like my intestinal area.. I have no clue! I think I told you guys where for a few weeks in a row I was having major bloating issues to the point of feeling like I couldn't catch my breathe, or breathe in deeply for fear of major pain? It's more of that today but had some weird cramping, but like in the middle of my abdomen area.. soooo weird. It eventually passed but man, thought I was gonna have to take a trip to the ER.
Wondering if it's something girly related? I've had my tubes tied, and have long suspected that I have been dealing with some early perimeno stuff.. still not sure

Weather here has been glorious..NO sun! We've had some rain & cooler temps. Such a relief for once!!
Really enjoying the tracker I got for my b-day.. it tracks my sleep and I am SHOCKED to see just how crappy I sleep! Last night it says I got only about 5.5 hrs of sleep and only 3 of that was deep sleep..the rest was light sleeping.. I will be interested to see that once I get the exercise really going if my sleep gets better? I hope so! Makes total sense now why about mid-day I feel absolutely wiped out. That needs to change, quickly!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #459

Lynne - great seeing you girl! How is School going for Gavin????

Tami - Well YOUR MOM is right. Homeland is AMAZING! DH and I are hook. I am actually looking on Amazon to buy Season 2, that way when I loan to my family, they can watch both seasons!

Stacy - make anything new this weekend?? I need your recipe inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Danielle - Could you have WHEAT issues? Before I was diagnosed, I went to the ER after eating Pancakes for breakfast. I was crying and everything. MAJOR PAIN!

Our weekend was great here. Friday night DH and I watched 4 episodes of Homeland, TOTALLY HOOKED! Friday night was also DD11's first middle school dance! She loved it! Saturday we were at my parents house. Saturday night was the fair/parade. When Dad and his crew of 1963 graduates passed up, we cheered SUPER Loud. My Dad was so freaking proud, pointing to us all BEAMING! Sunday was Softball practice for DD11 and hours of homework for DS14, DH and I watched 3 more episodes of Homeland! I also washed all bedding and blankets. OH, didn't do the cleaning....maybe tonight???
Old 09-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hello ladies....... 17 days till the end of our challenge?
Holy cow: I think I weigh more now than did when I started
Ha ha, yeah I just checked I was 187 to start and my target was 182 - I'm 198.5!!!!

Fell off the waggon this weekend, back on track with a vengeance... need to get next weekend (Weekend away partying in London) then I'm going to go back to JUDDD
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post

Stacy - make anything new this weekend?? I need your recipe inspiration!!!!!!!!!
I did! My whole family has been in the Mexican Food mood, so I made another fun recipe from Pinterest this weekend. I forgot what it's called, so I will call it, what we called it last night:

Taco Dip Casserole

2lbs ground beef - cooked, drained & seasoned w/1 T chili powder, 1 clove minced garlic & 1 t onion powder. Level beef into 13x9 pan

Layer 1/2 - 1 cup salsa mixed w/1/4 c. water on top of beef.
Layer 1 can refried beans on top of salsa.
Layer 1 cups (or more) sour cream on top of beans.
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Top w/chopped green onion after baking. Dip chips or pork rinds or eat w/a fork! I made a side salad and some guacamole; it was a fun dinner!

ps - i did scrape the beans off of my portion, as I don't think I'm ok to eat those just yet...dont think they are induction friendly.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Also tonight I am making one of my staples....its on the recipe board here and its called Tilapia Magic...it's a family favorite. I think I will make a side salad and some sauteed red & yellow peppers with it.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

That sounds yummy Stacy! x
Old 09-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #464

OK Stacy, we need tha Tilapia recipe too! I think I have found a new RECIPE GO TO PERSON!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #465

Yesterday was a good UP Day! Now to ROCK this dd!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

This is sooo good, we made it last night, and its very easy. We ate it with sauteed yellow peppers and onions and it went together perfectly. FYI - I don't have "Emerils Essense" so I use whatever seasoning salt I have on hand.

Renee Tilapia Magic
Tilapia fillet(s) (I used 4)
butter
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup gr.parmesan cheese
Emeril's Essence
lemon (I just used a 1/3 of a lemon)

How To Prepare:

Sprinkle Emeril's Essence on fillets and put one pat of butter on each fillet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Mix the mayonnaise, parm cheese and lemon and spread on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

I love sharing recipes - cooking is one of my hobbies.....I'd love to provide ideas to whoever wants them!!!

Tonights dinner: pan fried turkey cutlets, mashed cauliflower (I will cook a potato for my daughter, she doesn't like my cauliflower concoction) and I think a side salad or just some chopped up tomatoes w/olive oil and salt & pepper.

Tomorrow will be 'fend for yourself night', as I have a Back to School Parents event at the high school, husband has a field trip with DS and DD has evening dance classes.

Random chatter.....My exercise (daily walking) has been compromised....I have a stress fracture in my right foot. I had this pain after my trip to FL and stopped walking for a few weeks to see if the pain would go away. It didn't so last week I got an x-ray and found out about the fracture. So I can't power-walk for at least 8 weeks. I felt that the walking really kept me motivated to stay on my eating plan. I've got my DANDR copy on hand next to my laptop to thumb through it throughout the day and as a reminder. I won't make my goal on Sept 22, but I'm trying to keep my goal in my mind. TRYING! I've never made a specific weight goal for myself by a specific date, so I really really want to prove it to myself that I can do it. I need to start checking out some progress threads on the boards here for additional motivation....does anyone have a favorite?

Last edited by Stacy O; 09-10-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #468

Quote:
Starting: 169

Goal: 164 by Autumn
Well LADIES, it is confession time for me! I am an epic FAIL this challenge. I know there is still 10 or so days, but I won't make the goal, heck, I may not even get back to my starting #! DANG ME! I weighed in at 174 today. I am refocusing AGAIN, I know, how many times do I get to say that??? Enough of the negative, I will do better. All the summer/birthday stuff is now done! I would love it if I was able to get down to 170 by 09/22
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Well LADIES, it is confession time for me! I am an epic FAIL this challenge. I know there is still 10 or so days, but I won't make the goal, heck, I may not even get back to my starting #! DANG ME! I weighed in at 174 today. I am refocusing AGAIN, I know, how many times do I get to say that??? Enough of the negative, I will do better. All the summer/birthday stuff is now done! I would love it if I was able to get down to 170 by 09/22
You can do it Monica!!! Don't feel bad, I fell off the wagon again this weekend!! I started back at it on Monday counting calories again. I love that I am able to go back and forth between the two (LC/ calorie counting) when one WOE gets old.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #470

Stacy, that fish recipe sounds amazing! I think it would even be a good spread on baked chicken! THANK YOU! Tonight is busy for us too! I have a meeting at the high school PTO and then a church meeting for my DD11's confirmation class. So sorry to hear about your fracture girl. Make sure to let it heal up good. Those things can be nagging a long time if not allowed to heal. On that front, I am almost certain I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot. GRRRR I had it years ago in my right foot, took forever to heal. The one in 2010 on the right foot got so bad I developed a heel spur too! PAINFUL! I am babying my foot and doing extra stretches and I have wearing my boot at night again (thank GOD I kept that thing). I am also icing it when I can!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #471

Liz - thank you. You are right, dust off, move on. It's easier to say to others than to do myself! Yesterday's DD ended up high. My blood sugar crashed and I couldn't get it back up! Dang it! Oh well, dusting off, moving on!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Stacy, that fish recipe sounds amazing! I think it would even be a good spread on baked chicken! THANK YOU! Tonight is busy for us too! I have a meeting at the high school PTO and then a church meeting for my DD11's confirmation class. So sorry to hear about your fracture girl. Make sure to let it heal up good. Those things can be nagging a long time if not allowed to heal. On that front, I am almost certain I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot. GRRRR I had it years ago in my right foot, took forever to heal. The one in 2010 on the right foot got so bad I developed a heel spur too! PAINFUL! I am babying my foot and doing extra stretches and I have wearing my boot at night again (thank GOD I kept that thing). I am also icing it when I can!
I was diagnosed w/plantar fasciitis plus heel spur last year too...I know the pain. It took me months to get it to go away. It finally did by me icing my heel every night and only wearing sneakers all day plus i also wore the dr. scholl heel pain inserts in my shoes - i couldn't live without those things! I actually saw the heel spur still there on my x-ray last week...but thankfully no more pain in that area....I know what you are going thru! I should also mention that I did have the podiatrist make me customized orthotic inserts that I am supposed to wear in all my shoes. Lets say they stay in the sneakers...I can't make them fit in anything else.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Sorry to be MIA... I have a back load of email in my box, one of which is surely an notification from LCF saying one of you has responded here. Just skimmed through... sorry if I missed anything important

Lynne, glad someone's getting some use out of my mojo How's Gavin liking this year's teacher & classmates?

Stacy, so sorry to hear about your foot! Hope it heals quickly!

Monica, sorry you're having painful foot issues, too. Not cool at all. I'm definitely with you on logging a big fat fail for this challenge. Sigh. I was at 194 this morning after another weekend of not so low carb eating. Blah.

So yeah, I'm just floundering along. I did get on the exercise bike twice so far this week, but am still having a hard time kicking my butt out the door. I've been looking at treadmills. I just can't seem to time walking/running between it being too cold, too hot, not wanting to run at night anymore (and it's getting dark earlier and staying dark later), blah... a bunch of excuses, for sure, but they've been stopping me from doing what I need for whatever reason. Barring a miracle I'll likely finish the challenge above my starting weight as well. Not cool. Refocus, refocus, refocus. I did log my food for a couple of days. Think I'll get back to that today. It typically does make a huge difference in my results and it certainly can't hurt.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #474

Quote:
I was diagnosed w/plantar fasciitis plus heel spur last year too...I know the pain. It took me months to get it to go away. It finally did by me icing my heel every night and only wearing sneakers all day plus i also wore the dr. scholl heel pain inserts in my shoes - i couldn't live without those things! I actually saw the heel spur still there on my x-ray last week...but thankfully no more pain in that area....I know what you are going thru! I should also mention that I did have the podiatrist make me customized orthotic inserts that I am supposed to wear in all my shoes. Lets say they stay in the sneakers...I can't make them fit in anything else.
OH I spent the horrible $$$ to get those too. They did NOTHING for me. I even paid for shots....which also did NOTHING!

GRRRR I will go get me those inserts. I know that will help. I will commit to icing it each night too! THANKS
Old 09-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #475

OH Tami, it seems we have all fallen into the loss of EATING MOJO! WE can still wheel it in!!!! We are all WORTH IT!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OH Tami, it seems we have all fallen into the loss of EATING MOJO! WE can still wheel it in!!!! We are all WORTH IT!
Definitely!!! We can do this and we ARE worth it!

Just did 30 minutes of Zumba via a youtube video... wow.... not quite as strenuous as jogging, but my legs feel like jello! Also just ate for the first time today, 3 eggs fried in a Tbsp of butter - low carb, filling, and yummy. So far so good...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Definitely!!! We can do this and we ARE worth it!

Just did 30 minutes of Zumba via a youtube video... wow.... not quite as strenuous as jogging, but my legs feel like jello! Also just ate for the first time today, 3 eggs fried in a Tbsp of butter - low carb, filling, and yummy. So far so good...
Tami - since I can't do my power walking, I dug out my DVD version of the original Buns of Steel yesterday (it all it's 1980's glory) and made an attempt to do what I could of all the floor exercises. OMG my legs are doing the jello thing too!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was diagnosed w/plantar fasciitis plus heel spur last year too...I know the pain.
I have this too, unfortunately all too common when you're overweight, I've found that doing lots of stretches before I stand up helps a lot but OMG sometimes I forget and the pain when I stand up is crazy. Amazingly it doesn't bother me when I'm walking.

Quote:
Monica, I gained 1.5 lbs this week so I'm back upto 200! I am not even going to think about goal this time around but by 'eck I'll be back on it for the next challenge.

We're going to London for the weekend and I'm gonna do everyone a favour and not even think about dieting, I'm having a DD today to prepare and when I'm back on Tuesday it will be another DD to get me back on track!! I'm back with the JUDDDers x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 09-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #479

Look at you 2 girls ROCKING the workout videos!!!!!!!!!

Gina, sounds like a good plan!

I had a nice managed Up Day yesterday. Planning to ROCK this DD today!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami - since I can't do my power walking, I dug out my DVD version of the original Buns of Steel yesterday (it all it's 1980's glory) and made an attempt to do what I could of all the floor exercises. OMG my legs are doing the jello thing too!
I love it, Stacy! I'm going to aim for at least 30 minutes of something 5 days a week. I do want to get back to running and I think I will, but doing anything is better than doing nothing!

Good luck with those DD's girls!