Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I am back!! NC was so beautiful and we had a wonderful time. I ate my heart out all weekend and even into yesterday because I was off work. Today is a new day and I will get it together. Lynne- Yay for the good news on the mamo!!!
Yes it is!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #422

Tami how were the EGGS? I love EGGS! Could eat them all the time!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Welcome home, Liz! Good luck getting back on track... sounds like most of us are about a day ahead of you in the same process

Thanks Tami so far I am on track.... I am trying to stay really low carb until I get back to where I was before I left

Does anyone else automatically feel huge when you go off of your diet plan? I felt like I had never lost a single pound to date while I was in NC. Just a few days before I left I told a friend I finally was starting to feel skinnier. It's crazy because my clothes still fit the same I just feel so blah. Not to mention the terrible feeling I get from all the gas and bloating from all the junk I ate. You would think this would stop me from going off plan it never does though~!!!!

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Well I ate my way through the weekend (I KNOW, I'm a broken record) but today is REFOCUS day for me and my whole family. I have thrown away ALL the chips and I am swearing off WINE for the rest of the month (actually all alcohol)! I am determined to regain focus and get these last few pounds gone!

Starting a new and feeling good. We are making today an up day, so sticking with our rotations as they are. Our schedules are dying down a bit and I am taking that opportunity to adopt a ZERO tolerance for excuses of why I go over my calories !!!

I will not weigh until our challenge ending date. I am also hoping to get back to my weight lifting routines.
Monica- We are all in the same boat!! We will get our act together
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Tami how were the EGGS? I love EGGS! Could eat them all the time!
Not bad... eating them now, but it ended up being not just eggs. Today's brunch is a good example of how I 'cook' and why I am typically no help whatsoever with recipes & meal ideas. After I posted earlier I rummaged through the fridge & freezer checking out my options. The only thing the fridge netted me were the aforementioned eggs and some sliced cheddar cheese. The freezer was a little more helpful with a variety of frozen meats & veggies, though it's obvious I need to go shopping. I decided I was going to throw a bunch of it together. So I take out a frozen turkey burger and I plopped it in the blender to sit and thaw. Took out some frozen broccoli, rinsed & dried it and then added it to the blender to thaw. Grabbed a slice of cheddar to munch on in the meantime & just a few minutes ago added 3 eggs to the blender. It took a bit of pulsing & shaking (and pulsing and shaking and pulsing...), but managed to blend the 3 ingredients to smithereens and cooked it all in a skillet with a little coconut oil - would have used butter, but was out - did I mention I need to go shopping? It's maybe a little bland, but not bad at all. Some onions or peppers probably would have been good. It easily made enough for two meals so I have dinner or an afternoon snack or something set aside as well

Liz, I don't feel instantly fat, but after a week long diversion, like the trip to Vegas, I was thinking that I should have worn the smaller things at the beginning of the week! lol
Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Lynne - Thank goodness on the mammogram results!

Liz - welcome back! Yes I almost always feel that way when I go off plan. In addition to feeling bloated, gassy, heart races, and sick to stomach - I also feel sad that I allowed it to happen.

Sounds like we are all dusting ourselves off and getting right back to it! I know I am trying!!!

Last edited by Stacy O; 09-04-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

LC dinner tonight - I saw this on Pinterest - Low Carb Chicken Nachos

Instead of tortilla chips, use those red/orange/yellow mini bell peppers sliced in half and top w/shredded mexican seasoned chicken, plus whatever lc nacho toppings. We are doing tomato, green onion, sour cream, black olives and cilantro...and of course cheese. I'm cooking the chicken in the crockpot now and will shred before I top the peppers and put in the over to melt the cheese. Can't wait to try these!

I made the zucchini boats yesterday....I didn't have mozzerella on hand (I thought I did) but used shredded parmesan instead. We loved them and they were so easy!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Not bad... eating them now, but it ended up being not just eggs. Today's brunch is a good example of how I 'cook' and why I am typically no help whatsoever with recipes & meal ideas. After I posted earlier I rummaged through the fridge & freezer checking out my options. The only thing the fridge netted me were the aforementioned eggs and some sliced cheddar cheese. The freezer was a little more helpful with a variety of frozen meats & veggies, though it's obvious I need to go shopping. I decided I was going to throw a bunch of it together. So I take out a frozen turkey burger and I plopped it in the blender to sit and thaw. Took out some frozen broccoli, rinsed & dried it and then added it to the blender to thaw. Grabbed a slice of cheddar to munch on in the meantime & just a few minutes ago added 3 eggs to the blender. It took a bit of pulsing & shaking (and pulsing and shaking and pulsing...), but managed to blend the 3 ingredients to smithereens and cooked it all in a skillet with a little coconut oil - would have used butter, but was out - did I mention I need to go shopping? It's maybe a little bland, but not bad at all. Some onions or peppers probably would have been good. It easily made enough for two meals so I have dinner or an afternoon snack or something set aside as well
Very creative!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post

Instead of tortilla chips, use those red/orange/yellow mini bell peppers sliced in half and top w/shredded mexican seasoned chicken, plus whatever lc nacho toppings. We are doing tomato, green onion, sour cream, black olives and cilantro...and of course cheese. I'm cooking the chicken in the crockpot now and will shred before I top the peppers and put in the over to melt the cheese. Can't wait to try these!

I made the zucchini boats yesterday....I didn't have mozzerella on hand (I thought I did) but used shredded parmesan instead. We loved them and they were so easy!
I have also seen recipes for this using cheese as the chips... cut cheese squares into triangles and microwave until they are crisp then top with all your goodies. I haven't tried it yet but I will let you know when I do!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
.....*as I come skidding in to the room*....

Hi guys!

Really trying to get my act together over here. Some days are better than others. I've been practicing little things, like getting rid of soda's, upping my water every day, and making more of an attempt to just "move" daily.. it's not really afforded me any losses so to speak, but mentally it's helped me feel like I am doing something.

My birthday was Monday. Ugh, another year of being big! Gonna do my best to have a different outcome for next year. One of my gifts from DH was a jawbone UP.. it's a tracker you wear 24/7 and it tracks it all. I love it. I'm hopefully getting an exercise bike next week and we'll be rearranging furniture to make a lil space for me to get my exercise going.

DD17's gastro appt was yesterday. She tested negative for celiac but she tested high for wheat & soy allergies. We met for over an hour with a nutritionist to make sure we're all on the same page food wise. The relief is that she isn't celiac and she can indeed endulge in something if she's up for the discomfort here & there. The big plan is to make sure she loses no more weight. She's sitting at 121.4...she dropped about 3lbs since 6wks prior. Dr said she's about 3% away from being considered malnurished and has asked to see her in 2 months. I'm hoping that once i get going with my eating and eliminating alot of snacky stuff she's found to like...will help her boost her calories with more protein and good fats.

Only about 5 more weeks for our road trip. I'm getting excited!

--------------
Lynne~ relieved to hear you had a good outcome for your mammo!
Hurray for the first day of school...I know I was dancing a jig!

Liz~ I definitely instantly feel huge once I go off plan..it's an awful awful feeling and somehow forget it.. when I really NEED to remember how much I hate it!

Monica~ do you watch Extreme Weight Loss? Talk about feeling guilty for using excuse after excuse! This guy was amazeballs and put me to shame for not reaching even half of my goals that I set and failed miserably with. Thank goodness for new beginnings!!!!

I think my next challenge goal is just going to simply keep showing up and not necessarily set a number. Apparently I don't do well with those!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hey ladies, just catching up on everything.... thought I posted yesterday but can't find it! I had my weigh in yesterday with no change but at least it wasn't a gain!
Had my cheat day and only went 100 over my calories which was mainly because we didn't have our walk last night because DH has hurt his back

Stacy - You're right, seems like we've all taken stock over this past week or so and decided this is it - we can do this thing!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #432

Quote:

Your LC Chicken Nachos sound amazing!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #433

liz - it is TOTAL MENTAL! We , as women, need to go easier on ourselves. Honestly, thinking as negative as we do, it's not wonder we all tend to turn to FOOD!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #434

Danielle - I am thrilled you DD doesn't have Celiac although the intolerance/allergy is probably just as bad, if not worse, since she can choose to cheat. I pray she is able to put on some weight. Bless her heart! Happy LATE BIRTHDAY GIRL! I have missed you!

I do watch extreme weight loss. I LOVE CHRIS! The last episode was amazing. That guy getting down to 195 pounds. He didn't even resemble his prior self from 448 pounds! OH and his WIFE losing the 50+ was amazing too. I cried when he was talking with his DD about eating and being healthy, I saw the HATE in her eyes for him even mentioning it , much less on TV!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #435

Gina - way to have a cheat day and only go over by 100!!! That is great!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #436

Danielle - today is my birthday and I too am not where I was hoping I would be by today! WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I think my next challenge goal is just going to simply keep showing up and not necessarily set a number. Apparently I don't do well with those!
I agree. I also think each one of us here needs to VOW not to be so freaking hard on ourselves. It is counterproductive and doesn't accomplish anything!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Monica- Happy Birthday!!!

Danielle- Happy belated Birthday!!!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Danielle - I am thrilled you DD doesn't have Celiac although the intolerance/allergy is probably just as bad, if not worse, since she can choose to cheat. I pray she is able to put on some weight. Bless her heart! Happy LATE BIRTHDAY GIRL! I have missed you!

I do watch extreme weight loss. I LOVE CHRIS! The last episode was amazing. That guy getting down to 195 pounds. He didn't even resemble his prior self from 448 pounds! OH and his WIFE losing the 50+ was amazing too. I cried when he was talking with his DD about eating and being healthy, I saw the HATE in her eyes for him even mentioning it , much less on TV!
I love that show too!! It totally helps keep me motivated. And Chris is amazing!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
liz - it is TOTAL MENTAL! We , as women, need to go easier on ourselves. Honestly, thinking as negative as we do, it's not wonder we all tend to turn to FOOD!
You are absolutely correct here!! The mental part is half the battle with weight loss if not more. It's funny because you dont think about that part until someone brings it to your attention. So thank you for doing that We are here and we are trying and to me that's what matters. We tried and we are succeeding one day at a time
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #441

I totally forgot to mention

It's FRIDAY-EVE
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #442

Liz - LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

LC Nacho update - they were so good, you should try them! I am definitely going to make them again!!

It was so easy, I put frozen chicken breast tenderloins in the crock pot along with a can of Rotel along with some taco seasoning. I cooked on High for 2 hours, then turned to low. Before dinner, I shredded the chicken and added some additional seasonings and chopped green onion...then I shut off the crockpot and let the flavors combine while cooling. I cut the peppers in half and laid them on a cookie sheet, topped w/chicken and then with monterey jack cheese. Baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I loaded mine w/salsa, sour cream, jalepenos, cilantro....they were so satisfying....husband liked them too!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday Monica!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

I just realized that we are about 17 days away from the end of our challenge. I need to do the math on if I am going to hit my goal!!! I kinda forgot about it!

Last edited by Stacy O; 09-05-2013 at 07:01 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Liz - LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Monica love ya too!!!

You ladies all mean a lot to me. Each one of you have taught me something and or helped me out along the way.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LC Nacho update - they were so good, you should try them! I am definitely going to make them again!!

It was so easy, I put frozen chicken breast tenderloins in the crock pot along with a can of Rotel along with some taco seasoning. I cooked on High for 2 hours, then turned to low. Before dinner, I shredded the chicken and added some additional seasonings and chopped green onion...then I shut off the crockpot and let the flavors combine while cooling. I cut the peppers in half and laid them on a cookie sheet, topped w/chicken and then with monterey jack cheese. Baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. I loaded mine w/salsa, sour cream, jalepenos, cilantro....they were so satisfying....husband liked them too!

They sound amazing!! I have some chicken in the freezer I may have to give this a try.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Monica!

Stacy, the nachos sound great! Yummm!

Danielle
, good to see you as always! (belated as it is). Glad DD's appt went well... sounds like her nutritionist is really on the ball. Gotta love that! Hope she can stop the weight loss - too bad you couldn't give her just a little bit of your extra padding, huh? I'd volunteer oh about 40 pounds. lol. Your biggest loser bet sounds like fun! Definitely keep us posted. I'm really needing to find some extra motivation as well. I'm just ho-humming along. I've even slacked on running. Sigh. If I don't get it straightened out soon I'm going to have to start C25K over again. Ugh.

Gina, sorry to hear about DH's back

Liz, hugs back atcha... Monica's so right about it being mental and we really do need to be gentle with ourselves.

17 days til the end of the challenge, huh?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Monica!!!!!! Anything fun planned for your special day?
I am SO relieved DD isn't celiac, too! I was really worried how that was going to play out life long...poor kid. She seems to be getting a handle on the foods that create more pain than others and is learning how to make meals accordingly. The nutritionist & the gastro both told her that she is old enough to take most of meals into her own hands and to not expect me to figure it all out for her. That made this mama happy!

What can I say; Chris Powell makes me smile His little family is so inspiring. They truly ALL walk the walk, even the kiddos. If I knew the things back when my kids were little that I know now...well, there wouldn't even be a question as to how we'd be eating! I'm just glad that my kids have been receptive to change, even my DS who doesn't even live here!

Liz~ Thank you!!! Have a wonderful day, yourself!!

Tami~ I would SO give DD some of my padding! The dr was very adamant that she understood that she HAS to make sure she's eating enough calories. My biggest concern is that we'll end up headed down eating-disorder-lane..I know it feels good to her to feel "tiny" and she can get hung up on labeling and tags, etc. She'd gained some weight steadily from her freshman year thru first part of her junior year.. she started having ALOT of issues with asthma last year and had to do several rounds of prednisone, which, in turn created some more weight gain and puffiness.. Well, ffwd to now and she's down nearly 30lbs just by cutting out gluten and she's back to that gangly, string-beany long legs look. Yes, I'm jealous!

I'm excited for the challenge..who doesn't wanna win some $, right?

**** As for Me~ I'm just going to work on little things and get myself hooked up with some menus and figuring out what days to prep for the week, etc..so that I am always able to stay on plan. Kinda worried it'll be a bumpy ride to the start of this diet challenge I'm doing--the complex now finally wants to redo our kitchen floors after we've been hounding them for over a year.. go figure, huh? This means that I will have no access to a stove, micro, nuthin for at least 3 days.. Pushing to get them to hurry up and do the work in the next week or so, that way it's all done before the 14th. The timing for the challenge worked out perfectly....it ends on the day I head to LA in Oct!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #450

Quote:

That sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!