Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Hi Ladies - here is my update:

5/31/13: 223 lbs. (5'7")
6/17/13: 215 lbs
6/29/13: 213 lbs
7/12/13: 209 lbs.
7/27/13: 207 lbs.
8/6/13: 211 lbs.
8/28/13: 209 lbs.

Very good job!!

Tami, I hear you on the "not wanting to count calories" thing. It reminds me too much of my teenage years.

Liz good job you!! I just wanna feel skinny too.

Monica, at Spanish 2 and Debate for electives. Oh my. I had a friend in college who took Calculus with me because he thought it would be a hoot. No other reason. Maybe he just wanted to see me cry.

Gina, thank you! I hope your DD wasn't too painful.

Me... I had a very uneventful DD today in which I didn't eat anything at all. For me that still means cream in coffee, and as it happened, a small hot chocolate but that's it. How low can you go?? Where's the limbo emoticon anyway.

I am taking Gavin to the park tomorrow, we are going grocery shopping, and then we're hiding out at home until the drunken tourists weave their way back home on Monday.

Cheers everyone!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 03:35 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Ok well not sure how but *drum roll please!* I LOST 4LBS!!!!!!

Liz - Your trip sounds exciting, so many places over there I'd like to visit. So far done the usual Florida tourist thing when I was younger then since my Dad's moved over there seen Oregon & Washington state... other than that its just Airports!

Tami - I know what you mean about counting, I used to be exactly the same but seem to have really got into the swing of things now!

Stacy O - Well done on the loss, you've done so well. Keep going girl!

Monica/Lynne - I'm still debating JUDDD, more so now considering how well I have done this week. I've decided not to weigh myself at home and just go by the scales at my weigh in... was sooooo hard this morning not to step on those scales but determined to stay strong.

Oh.... hit my target of 30km walked for this month, although another walk planned for tonight so that will go up again. Also I'm only 0.5lbs off the goal of 198 I set myself for August so pretty darn chuffed with myself right now.

Enrolment at college tonight.... get to order my kit which I actually think I'm more excited about that the course!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Stacy - JUDDD

Johnson (Doctor)
Up
Day
Down
Day
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #394

Lynne - look at you rocking the DD! Nothing at all to chew on??? I don't think I could do it, well, unless I was sick!!!

Gina - way to go on the 4 pounds!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY - EVE to all!

Plans for the weekend? We are heading to my parents house. I think we will take the boat out and do some tubing. Play a bunch of games. Eat some, drink some, you name it! Should be fun. I am planning 3 UD's in a row and then Monday, hoping for a nice solid DD!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Lynne- Enjoy the park and I dont blame you for hiding out for the weekend.

Gina- WTG 4lbs is awesome. Hey I say stick with what works. What's that saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Monica- Boating and tubing is right up my ally!!! Enjoy and soak up the sun!!

Stacy - Dinner sounds good. I am very excited to go to Asheville. We are going to do some hiking in the moutains and also visit the Biltmore. My meals have been a little boring lately. Last night I had pork chops that I dust with parmesan cheese. The night before that I made home made chic-fil-a nuggets. I breaded the chicken with 1/2 parmesan cheese, 1/8 cup carbquik, mixed in some season salt and two packets of splenda. Then fried them in oil (you could bake if you wanted healthier) They were very good . Over the weekend I made zucchini boats they were delish. Cut the zucchini in half length wise, scoop out the insides of the zucchini and boil for 5 mins, brown sausage and drain add in zucchini insides, small can of tomato sauce, and season to taste. Fill the zucchini with the sausage mixture and top with shredded cheese and bake for 25 mins

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Ok well not sure how but *drum roll please!* I LOST 4LBS!!!!!!

Tami - I know what you mean about counting, I used to be exactly the same but seem to have really got into the swing of things now!
I'd say so!!! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Oh.... hit my target of 30km walked for this month, although another walk planned for tonight so that will go up again. Also I'm only 0.5lbs off the goal of 198 I set myself for August so pretty darn chuffed with myself right now.
You're doing so well! Love love love it! You should be proud!

Stacy, you're also doing so very well and I'm so happy for you!

Lynne, enjoy the park & your UD

Liz, Yum Yum Yum! All of your meals sound yummy, especially the zucchini boats!

Monica, sounds like you have another fantastic weekend lined up. Sounds like fun!

We actually have a bit of a busy weekend planned, which is unusual lately. The boys have a high school alumni water polo game on Saturday. I'm so looking forward to seeing kids & parents from the past, not to mention watching my two play. Then we have an annual 4x4 event (more of a fundraising thing than actual four wheeling) that runs Saturday & Sunday. I'm hoping to run up there Saturday after polo and I really *need* to go see my friend's puppies. I'm hoping to do that on Sunday so we can have a day of rest on Monday... yeah right. We'll see. The 4x4 thing is a couple of hours away one direction and puppies are about 3 hours away the other direction. I have a feeling we'll be visiting 4x4 land on Sunday and puppies on Monday which is ok, too. My friend lives near the beach so toes in the sand is a mandatory part of that trip Us Californians really do love the fact that both mountains (4x4 event) and the ocean (friend/puppies) are within easy drives
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Tami- Enjoy your weekend.... it all sounds like fun an I bet you will be tired by the time you make it to the beach!! Hope you get to relax and enjoy your friends company!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Liz - Thanks for the zucchini boat idea; I happen to have zucchini and italian sausage on hand...i think I will do this for the weekend!

Gina - Nice!!!

Monica - Thanks, I've never bothered to figure that out; like I said, I'm intrigued.

Tami & Lynne - thanks!!! work in progress!
Stacy O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Tami- Enjoy your weekend.... it all sounds like fun an I bet you will be tired by the time you make it to the beach!! Hope you get to relax and enjoy your friends company!!!
Thanks, Liz
Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy O View Post
Liz - Thanks for the zucchini boat idea; I happen to have zucchini and italian sausage on hand...i think I will do this for the weekend!

Gina - Nice!!!

Monica - Thanks, I've never bothered to figure that out; like I said, I'm intrigued.

Tami & Lynne - thanks!!! work in progress!

ENJOY!! they are yummy
Old 08-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #401

Quote:
Us Californians really do love the fact that both mountains (4x4 event) and the ocean (friend/puppies) are within easy drives
TAMI
We KANSANS are completely and totally JEALOUS of the fact you have BOTH and we have NEITHER!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #402

Liz - your pork chops, nuggets and boats all sound YUMMO! I think I will come eat at your house!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #403

OH Stacy, you are making the boats...I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #404

I thought about making zucchini bread for this weekend, Decided not to. I have NO Restraint when it comes to that stuff. If for some reason, no one else is interested, I will eat it all! My Good Housekeeping mag this month had a wonderful article about Abstainers and Restrictors. Those that just restrict XX trigger foods and those that tend to Abstain. I am a total ABSTAINER! If I have a nibble of it, I must have it all. That doesn't mean I never EVER have XX, I just try to set it up that I can/will be limited in how much I can have. Here are trigger/abstaining foods for me:

M&M's most varieties, but PB especially. The PB M&M's are CRACK to me
Sweet breads (zucc/pumpkin/banana, you name it)
Cookies/cake

If I know cookies/cake are just for our family, I tend to make the GLUTEN stuff so I can't partake. I have made myself SICK before going back for more cookies/cake till it was all gone. I have a MAJOR problem with that!

What are you??? What is your trigger?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...art-2-a-9.html
Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #405

That being said, my DD made a GF Birthday cake for the weekend. We are celebrating my birthday at my parents. I have already made DH promise he won't allow her to make another for my ACTUAL day birthday! I will enjoy the cake this weekend, hoping that the 9 others at dinner will help me consume it so ME eating it all isn't an option! I am a mess, aren't I?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Monica - I completely understand. If I have something bad in my house if I am going to cheat on my diet and eat it I may as well eat all of it so there is no more. My love is pumpkin anything!!! That season is right around the corner and it will take a lot for me to refrain from partaking in the consumption of these things!!! I have found pumpkin flavor coffee with no carbs I hope this helps.

PS I didn't make it to my goal this week. In fact I didn't loose much at all That wont stop me from going off plan for the weekend though I have problems I know!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

I just can't have chocolate/chips/cake in the house, I feel bad on Wayne sometimes but I know if it's there I'll eat it. I even find it difficult to go into shops and not buy things when I walk past and have to avoid the room with the vending machine in at work because I can't go for the healthy option

I think we all have issues with food in one form or another, I really can 'not eat' if there's nothing in front of me but I'll fight you for it if I can see it...
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I thought about making zucchini bread for this weekend, Decided not to. I have NO Restraint when it comes to that stuff. If for some reason, no one else is interested, I will eat it all! My Good Housekeeping mag this month had a wonderful article about Abstainers and Restrictors. Those that just restrict XX trigger foods and those that tend to Abstain. I am a total ABSTAINER! If I have a nibble of it, I must have it all. That doesn't mean I never EVER have XX, I just try to set it up that I can/will be limited in how much I can have. Here are trigger/abstaining foods for me:

M&M's most varieties, but PB especially. The PB M&M's are CRACK to me
Sweet breads (zucc/pumpkin/banana, you name it)
Cookies/cake

If I know cookies/cake are just for our family, I tend to make the GLUTEN stuff so I can't partake. I have made myself SICK before going back for more cookies/cake till it was all gone. I have a MAJOR problem with that!

What are you??? What is your trigger?
Abstainer! My triggers are:

Chocolate
Red Wine
MY homemade baked goods (i can pass on store-bought or bakery, but my own homemade stuff is another story)

Monica - I do the same thing, if I start at a forbidden food (usually some kind of baked-good) I have made myself sick over it...I can't eat just one.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH Stacy, you are making the boats...I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!
We ate leftovers this weekend, but I've prepared the italian sausage for the zucchini boats for Tuesdays dinner! So excited to give these a try!

Today since it's Labor Day, I am grilling hot dogs. I make my hot dogs Chicago-style, but wrap them in a low-carb tortilla instead of a bun. I will have a side-salad too.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #410

Well I ate my way through the weekend (I KNOW, I'm a broken record) but today is REFOCUS day for me and my whole family. I have thrown away ALL the chips and I am swearing off WINE for the rest of the month (actually all alcohol)! I am determined to regain focus and get these last few pounds gone!

Starting a new and feeling good. We are making today an up day, so sticking with our rotations as they are. Our schedules are dying down a bit and I am taking that opportunity to adopt a ZERO tolerance for excuses of why I go over my calories !!!

I will not weigh until our challenge ending date. I am also hoping to get back to my weight lifting routines.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #411

Had a good weekend. We ended up at my parents house all weekend. Saturday was literally too hot for the boat 102* and Sunday it rained! We had fun playing games and hanging out though!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Good plan Monica! I've just gone overboard at lunch and hoping I don't pay for it at weigh in tomorrow.

It's so hard not getting on the scale every day but I am determined to just go with the flow and see how I get on. I've been keeping under about 1400 calories and not struggling with that so we'll see x
Old 09-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I am right with you on eating my way through the weekend (again) and needing to refocus (again!). I'm going to try to put together a few good weeks and see what happens. lol. I am a definite abstainer as well. I totally get it. I'd rather have none than one bite. Your trigger foods sound like a pretty short list, though. I could probably fill this page! lol. Chips & dip are probably my number one, though. Then pretty much anything sweet & gooey - cookies, cake, chocolate, etc. I can live without hard candy, taffy, those sorts of things. Oh, and sorry about the mountains & ocean

Liz, if you have problems so do I... hmmmm....

Gina, I think you're right. We probably wouldn't be here if we didn't have some sort of issue with food. Good luck not getting on the scale
Old 09-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Hi everyone!!

First day back to school for Gavin today.

Good news: this morning's mammogram (very thorough mammogram!) showed conclusively that there was *nothing* to worry about.

On treats: I have the problem of not being able to leave a good thing alone once I've baked it, too. So I've had to adjust. I buy things in very small packages. I bake something and give (most of) it away. I might even throw the as-yet-uneaten portion away so as not to have to wear it (on my bootie) for a while first.

I'm staying off the scale for a minute, too, refocusing, putting down the junk food. Too much chocolate this week.

Talk to you again soon - I'm too tired to think today after much running errands!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
First day back to school for Gavin today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good news: this morning's mammogram (very thorough mammogram!) showed conclusively that there was *nothing* to worry about.
And double, maybe triple, quadruple, quintuple

So happy mammogram was clear!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #416

Lynne that is GREAT NEWS!!!!!! I am so happy that you learned it was nothing to worry about! I bet Gavin is super excited too! Nothing like the wonderful routine of back to school! So happy you stopped by with all your GREAT NEWS!

Tami - I think we are kindred souls! We sister's need to stick together!

Gina way to stay the coarse!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #417

I had a well managed Up day yesterday! NOW to TACKLE this DD!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with that DD my kindred sister! You got this! I'm about half way through my giant mug of coffee and starting to think about food. I think I'll make myself a couple of eggs. Yippee. lol
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

I am back!! NC was so beautiful and we had a wonderful time. I ate my heart out all weekend and even into yesterday because I was off work. Today is a new day and I will get it together.

Lynne- Yay for the good news on the mamo!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome home, Liz! Good luck getting back on track... sounds like most of us are about a day ahead of you in the same process