Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Danielle - what plan are you following? I suffer from the same pattern that you describe...do well until about 3pm, then blow it. Over and over. But this time, I have continuted to keep my copy of DANDR out and I read just a few pages in the evening...I'm not following the book from start to finish, I just open it to some random page and read a few. Dr. Atkins is so positive and motivating and gets me excited that I am on my way. This has worked for me this time around...just thought I'd share becuase I completely identify with what you are describing.

Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Thanks for the welcome back I really did have a fantastic time. I hadn't let loose like that since... wow, probably before I had kids. Yes, it was *that* fun! Realized I spelled Fremont Street wrong up there... good ole John would be so upset. lol

Gina, how's your granddad doing? I'm so sorry it seems he wasn't getting the care he needs

Monica & Lynne, you guys are rocking JUDDD! Love it!!!

Lynne, you have blackberries in your backyard? Oh my goodness I miss being able to pick fresh blackberries in my own yard. It's only been 16 years... I probably could have planted some here by now... but I haven't & I miss them! Sounds like you and Gavin are fitting right into your new neighborhood

Monica, Congrats congrats congrats on your new doggy! Pip is a doll! Your water park people watching sounds a lot like my Vegas people watching. It is interesting isn't it? lol.

Beara, Congrats on 10 pounds gone!!!

Danielle, I'm right there with you right now. I had given myself yesterday off because I didn't feel like figuring out LC food for the day, but had planned on getting right back on plan today. That was all well and good until about 7:15 this morning, when hubby brought me sweetened coffee... sigh. We were out, and I NEEDED coffee, so yeah. Tomorrow? Yes, tomorrow for sure. I think we've all been at that point where we know we need to do *something* but it's so so so difficult to get back in the grove. You'll do it. I know you will. Hugs...

Stacy, WooHoo to smaller jeans! Sorry life's been crazy & that TOM is causing cravings... that's never fun. That's a great tip about pulling out DANDR for some evening inspiration. I find even coming here is sometimes even coming here (main board) is more tempting than motivational, but simply breaking out the book makes a lot of sense!

Liz, I've never ever shot any gun and it's something I'd really like to do. Glad you enjoyed the hand gun more than you thought you would. I hadn't even thought of the gun flying out of my hand or shooting myself in the foot... hmmm... thanks... lol J/K, of course. Someday...

As for me, I didn't get on the scale this morning, but did get my run in. 30 minutes straight! I did 30 minutes on the treadmill once (not twice as planned) while on vacay and just decided to play it by ear and go for it if I could this morning and I did it! I'm beyond thrilled at that! I went ahead and ordered myself a little reward for getting to 30 minutes. It's a magnetic pocket thingy called a RooSport. Seems pretty ingenious and I'm looking forward to using it. I only have one pair of pocketed workout pants and I realized running in front of the mirror on the treadmill at the hotel that they're kind of ridiculously baggy. Not sure I'm ready for tights of any sort yet, but not needing to find something with a pocket makes it easier!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Tami- way to go on the 30 mins!! You deserve the reward. What exactly does this RooSport do?
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Stacy, I'm following DANDR...loosely. I am debating about just sticking to induction or if I need to do the rungs.. last year I did it to the letter, following the rungs, etc...only ended up losing about 12lbs.. Not sure what is up with my ole body Hormones, I'm guessing.... at any rate, I'll keep plugging along and doing my best.

Tami, everyone needs to let loose in Vegas! It's the rules!!! We had SUCH a great time in Dec. when we went. Wow, I can't even imagine being able to run for 30 min....let alone maybe 2 minutes Go YOU!!!
-------------------
Well I did ok yesterday.. everything low carb all day until after dinner when those blasted m&m's made their way into my piehole They're GF so I guess that's good? I went to bed last night without feeling a million months preggo...so the way I've been feeling is definitely carb/gluten related.. amazing how quickly things can change. So the plan is to get thru today 100% on target and keep it rolling. The spark is growing bigger and I'm getting excited to start cooking again.. Heck, it sure as hell beats feeling like I'm dying by the time 4pm rolls around, right?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, it's a magnetic pocket that attaches to your waist band to hold cell phone, money, key, id, whatever. I hate the idea of an arm band phone/ipod holder or a fanny pack type belt, but I think this will be perfect. I'll let you know once it arrives. It should be great for travelling, too. I hate carrying a purse... used a wristlet cell phone case/wallet combo in Vegas, but think this will be even better as it'll hold my chapstick, too, instead of having to shove it in my pocket. lol So while it's mostly for running I think it'll come in really handy at other times, too.

Danielle, keep that ball rolling & keep fanning that spark! Sounds like you're on your way!

I'm back on plan today, too. Going to go make some tuna salad or eggs here in a few, but have only had SF coffee thus far and am ready to stick to lc for awhile!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Tami- sounds pretty cool let me know how it works out for you.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Tami...so far so good today, but the day is only half over so there's still plenty of time for me to screw it up I'm having a couple boiled egss here in a few...nice to not feel ravishing hunger to the point of contemplating chewing my arm off at any point of the day
Old 08-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Haha... lucky you, D I'm staaaaarrrrrving! Tuna w/ extra mayo thinking the fat would satiate(nope), then a slice of cheese, then a spoon of peanut butter (ugh) and now still hungry... eggs coming up I think. I know this only lasts a day or two, but geez! Nom nom nom...
Old 08-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Tami - My Grandad is getting on well, we sent him a 'Care Package' with new clothes, toiletries, magazines & puzzle books and my Mum is going to a meeting there with the Managers of the home tomorrow to discuss his care and the possibility if he has to be in a home on a permanent basis of him coming closer to us.

Lynne - Oohhhh excited about the vampires..... I've just started reading the 666 Park Avenue series by Gabriella Pierce (Because the 1st one was on offer on Kindle for 99p) witches instead of Vampires but I'm still pretty into them!

Stacy - Congrats on the smaller size, all I seem to have done this year is invest in bigger sizes!! I *WILL* beat this bulge lol!

Monica - Those pics are fantastic... love the puppies

Liz - I've always wanted to shoot a gun! It's not legal here to own them or even keep them on your property even if you have a licence obviously that's different for farmers etc,. but not sure what restrictions they have.

Sorry I've been MIA. Had a mad busy weekend because it was Wayne's birthday on Sunday. We were out Saturday night, went to an all you can eat buffet then out drinking with friends and on Sunday his Mum cooked a big roast dinner for us so needless to say my diet has *NOT* stayed on track.

I had to leave his Mums fairly early on Sunday because I started getting really bad stomach cramps, I was up most of the night with it and had to call in work sick on Monday. Tuesday was still bad but dragged myself into work and yesterday just didn't want to get out of bed!

Missed my weigh in yesterday partly because of how rubbish I felt and partly because I was weighing back in at 200 lbs on Monday.

So anyways.... as of yesterday back on JUDDD. Yesterday was my UD so today is my first DD. Going to keep to the eod rotations this time and according to the site my calories are 2004 for an UD and 401 for a DD. I will have to have an MD on Monday so I can have a DD on Tuesday ready for my weigh in on Wednesday but I wont make the mistake of having two UD's together like I did last time.

Question for those of you on JUDDD though, obviously as you lose the weight your calorie allocation changes according to the site. How often do you check what your targets should be?

Today's DD Menu:

L: Ryvita Crackerbread with marmite x 2
D: Chicken Fajitas with onion, pepper etc,.

Totals about 570c so not bad for a first again

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gina, thinking good thoughts for Granddad. It's such a tough situation for everyone. Kudos for jumping right back to JUDDD. Good luck with your first DD I really did enjoy JUDDD and will likely give it another try sometime in the future.

I'm still avoiding the scale, but managed to not have anything after my post above until dinner which was grilled chicken over salad. Not a bad first day back to lc at all. Hopefully the hungries won't be so bad today! Oh and I had to cut my run short today. Kind of bummed. I walked off and on from the one mile mark on. My right calf kept cramping up and overall I just felt cruddy. I hate feeling like I've regressed. Blah.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina~ Hope you're feeling better? Thinking positive thoughts for your grand dad Good luck with JUDDD, I know how much you love it!

Tami~ be kind to yourself, you'll be back to running that whole thing in no time..I do hate when our bodies think they have a mind of their own tho' I do hope you're nto coming down w/ something and that's why you feel oogie? No hungries here and I'm knocking on wood...I believe that all the high carb stuff is what keeps me hungry and when I go lc my body is like, ahhhhhhhhh now that's the stuff!!! Except brussel sprouts...for some reason I get super bad heartburn with them and I love them. Cucoo I know!

As for me I'm hanging on. I had a great day yesterday food wise. Kept to all low carb and had about a gallon of water. DD19 is doing great with her attempt at GF eating. She's going to the gym regularly and drinking her water. Anyone who knows my kid, knows that this is a huge positive change.. Her siblings have always teased her that instead of blood running through her veins she had caramel...major major carbaholic I'm just happy that she is realizing that SHE can take care of this, that it's now up to her to do whatever it takes to feel better than before. She seems happy. DD17 tho--not so much, poor kid. Weeks left to eating gluten and the two of us might just kill eachother before then! She gets SO cranky and it gets annoying afterawhile.

Possible monsoons the next coupla days so I'm hiding inside. The humidity is already here and it's oogie outside. I am still on the hunt for an exercise bike to use while I watch tv.. I can't believe that I have been so lax on the things I'd said I was gonna do months ago!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Danielle. I'm guessing it's just the switch from high carb crud to low carb that has my body revolting a bit? I couldn't sleep much last night either, so that could be it, too. I *know* I'll feel better in a few days, but coming down with something wouldn't be totally unexpected after our whirlwind vacay and the food changes. It all tends to knock my immune system down a bit. We'll see, I guess.

Great job keeping food under control! I'm excited for your DD19, too! Good stuff! Hope the monsoons materialize. Summer rain is always welcome here. On an Arizona related note I had to explain what 'washes' were on our way out to Hoover Dam last week. But they're totally dry, our neighbor said... yeah... right this second they are. lol Keep your eyes on craigslist for an exercise bike. I got lucky a few months ago
Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ it very well could be the switch in weather and surroundings that has you feeling slightly off. I'm actually surprised that I haven't felt incredibly yucky after going cold turkey on the sugar/carby...usually that's what happens and I'm laid up for the first few days.. Maybe my body has finally decided it's done playing that game and will only treat me that way when I ingest carbs that I shouldn't be? DD19 has commented on certain "symptoms" she'd been experiencing and then started doing reading on gluten intolerance because of her sister and all..it's like a lightbulb went off and she's finally starting to take some accountability and that, yes, *that* can happen to you too! She's been a trooper and actually is ahead of the game because she eats pretty much any kind of meat..where her sister is a tad more picky much to her mother's dismay Had been looking on craigslist but getting discouraged--for whatever reason these people here think they have a goldmine....it's USED, people!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

lol @ the craigslist gold mines. The problem here is that people grab up the freebies as soon as they're posted and then resell I guess. There's exercise equipment listed for free almost daily, but it's really hit and miss as to whether you can actually get it before someone else. The joys of living in the suburbs, I guess. I've been watching for cheap/free treadmills longer than the bike, actually, but haven't been *that* lucky. lol
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #345
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Question for those of you on JUDDD though, obviously as you lose the weight your calorie allocation changes according to the site. How often do you check what your targets should be?
I think the rule of thumb is, if you are losing weight, DON'T Make adjustments!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #346

Been super busy. Tuesday DD was a total WASH. While walking at 5:00 a.m. my sugar crashed BIG TIME and it took me till after lunch to get it up and stable. OH WELL! Thus far today I have had 370c, so this DD is going much better!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I don't think I've ever seen freebies around here. The problem is there are too man $35,000 millionaires around here who think they're stuff is sooooo valuable.... I would love a good deal, and at this point I'm thinking it'll be on something brand new at a store LOL

Monica~ good to see you...kinda! Scary about your bs, glad you're ok!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday Ladies

My first DD yesterday went really well, came in at under 600c so really pleased with myself. Feeling very positive today and weighed in at 2lbs less than I did on Monday so all is good!

What's everyone got planned for over the weekend? xx
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #349

Danielle - the BS thing was completely my fault. Monday was an UD and I had like 900c left after dinner. Well, I ate Popcorn and ice cream! STUPID! Of coarse with that many carbs I crashed. ALL MY FAULT! Live and learn!

Gina that is great to hear. Sounds like you have fallen right back in the swing of things.

This weekend DD11 has 2 friends (they are sisters) spending the night tomorrow night. Tonight DH and I have a 50th birthday party to attend. It's a suprise one and it's MY JOB to get the birthday girl there without her knowing what's going on. I think I will take her to get a pedi and then maybe out for a glass of wine or 2 ! Not sure, hoping it goes easily, I don't want to be the person to ruin the surprise!

Sunday will be church and then taking the sister's home. I think one of them has a softball game Sunday at 5:00, we will probably hang out for that. This is an easy weekend for us! LOVING THAT!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 08-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Ladies after updating my stats I just realize I am 1 pound away from reaching my goal for this challenge wow never thought I could do that.

Danielle- congrats on your good day I hope there are many more to come. You can do this lady!!!

Tami- Don't be so hard on yourself about the running. There will always be days that are harder then others. Just keep trying that's all we can do.

Monica- Sorry to hear about the blood sugar, that is always a scary feeling. Enjoy your weekend. I love surprises parties hope it works out smoothly.

Gina- woohoo for a good DD and 2lbs gone!!

As for me: this weekend is my hubby's bday and my grandmothers (dads mom) 80th bday party. I feel bad that he has to spend his bday with my side of the family instead of doing what he likes to do but he will survive and hopefully we can do something that evening or Sunday for him. My dad lives a few hours away and he is coming down for the party and I am happy to be able to see him. My girls absolutely adore my dad so they will be tickled to death to see him too. My dad is one of 10 all of his brothers and sisters will be there and all the grandchildren and great grandchildren. It will be fun to have everyone together because its not often that it happens. Hope everyone is looking forward to their weekend as much as I am!!

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165

Last edited by Lize636; 08-16-2013 at 06:28 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #351

You know Liz, as ADULTS we understand, Birthdays aren't always just about US. I am sure he doesn't mind. your wonderful Grandma won't be around forever! It's important to make her feel special!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You know Liz, as ADULTS we understand, Birthdays aren't always just about US. I am sure he doesn't mind. your wonderful Grandma won't be around forever! It's important to make her feel special!
Oh, when it comes to my birthday, I'm afraid I'm not very grown-up at all. I would certainly let my significant other - if I had one - bribe me with an alternative day that was just for ME. (Like a cat, I am happy to accept bribes; but unlike a cat, I'm not going to forgive all for a can of TUNA.)

Danielle, Tami, welcome back to your WOE of choice, whatever that is!

To get back on the wagon, I had to give myself permission to eat a TON of LC food until I got my carb balance back, if you know what I mean. The desire to eat (everything that wasn't moving fast enough to escape) went away before 2 week induction was over, and my self-control went back to normal. I went back to JUDDD then, but am watching the carbs closely. They affect my self control chemically, as you guys are well aware. Maybe it's insulin. Maybe it's gut bacteria. Whatever it is, it's like withdrawal symptoms from the carb drug!

I think we "returners", self included of course, try to measure our progress by how fast we were moving *before* we took a break, and so we think we're behind and we have to push harder and go faster to catch up!

But I think it's like a car. You start from zero mph, off-plan, in first gear. You make a little progress and it takes a lot of effort. Then in a week or two you move to second gear, and go a little faster with less effort. Then in another week, third gear; then next you're cruising in fourth. There's no way to go as fast in first gear as you can in fourth - you'll only burn your motor up if you try. Slow progress in first gear is exactly right.

I firmly believe that stomping on the gas pedal, berating ourselves over our slowness, only makes our little motors heat up more. We don't go any faster anyway, and we do damage to our motors in the process.
</lecture>

Gina, good DD! I feel the same as Monica - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I am pretty happy with 600/1800, and haven't changed it downward. 500/2000 is fine for me, too. YMMV. If it stops working, I'd give it a minute to level out before I'd start changing anything.

(Okay, that's not true. Actually, I'd be determined to wait it out, I'd even state that determination in here in the morning; then in an hour or so I'd start tweaking this or that or the other thing. None of the tweaks would make a difference, but it would give me something to do.)

Monica, your blood sugar is so touchy! The good thing is that you're probably saving yourself from diabetes, preventing it, by doing this WOE now rather than later. Don't you think?

Good luck on the surprise party. You've got the hardest job.

Me... I'm doing school registration today. It's a foggy, rainy day on the coast, but we're going to the park afterwards anyway.

Vampires are still cooking right along! I'm amazed at how the characters can surprise me on a daily basis with their quirks, their decisions, their interactions with each other, and their history that I knew nothing about. That never happened when I was writing non-fiction, and it makes work fun.

I'm a bit put out that my chocolate whey protein shake mix hasn't shown up in the mail yet. Amazon shipped it to the wrong address, and it's been hard to straighten out, and I ran out 3 DDs ago! How can I do DD without my shake mix???

Answer: just doing the best I can under the circumstances.

Happy Friday!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina~ hooray for a good day! Keep it up lady, you can do it.

Monica~ sounds like a good weekend ahead. Enjoy!!

Liz~ Monica took the words outta my mouth...and yet, so did Lynne Most adults would be totally on board with the idea of celebrating someone else's bd on their special day..but man, I'd be a liar, liar, pants on fire if I said that the idea of a whole other day just for ME didn't make me happy!
1 pound away from your goal is fantastic!!! Go you! I have flubbed every challenge here....I am shocked that I'm not booted out of the club for my wildly huge transgressions

Lynne~ for as long as it took me to get back on track once I finally did it I think it's been the easiest transition I've ever had getting back to plan. Very strange! I usually don't have a hard time stepping back on plan, it's the actually *staying* where I've had problems, even in the first couple days! This time it was reversed...struggled like heck to actually GET to a space of an actual plan but now that I'm here I'm totally ok and happy. Why can't I just wake up one morning at goal, it'd make things a helluva lot easier!

Had another good food day yesterday...today looks positive as well. Girls doing well with their food--well, give or take with DD17 and her "must eat gluten"--DD19 is finding that her plumbing is actually starting to work better eating GF She's been a hoot to watch as things begin to change for her!

Quiet weekend for the most part. I think it's date night tonight but other than that it's mom's taxi in full effect and housework. I will enjoy my quiet time while the kiddos are off to work and friends...it's been somethin' having DD17 home by noon everyday.....it makes for some very loonnnnggggg days!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #354

Quote:
Monica, your blood sugar is so touchy! The good thing is that you're probably saving yourself from diabetes, preventing it, by doing this WOE now rather than later. Don't you think?

Good luck on the surprise party. You've got the hardest job.

Me... I'm doing school registration today. It's a foggy, rainy day on the coast, but we're going to the park afterwards anyway.

Vampires are still cooking right along! I'm amazed at how the characters can surprise me on a daily basis with their quirks, their decisions, their interactions with each other, and their history that I knew nothing about. That never happened when I was writing non-fiction, and it makes work fun.
I do have the hardest JOB! That's why I am so afraid I will mess it up!
I can't wait to read/meet your vampires. Get to it missy! OH school registration, I know Gavin will love the park after! Dang Amazon, they don't typically mess things up either!

Danielle- What's the plan for Date night???

I agree, I actuallly prefer an entire week of celebrating my Bday, so missing the actual day for someone else, wouldn't bother me at all. I would have 6 others that were focused on ME!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, sorry about the bs crash. That's no fun. Good luck with the surprise party! I'm absolutely positive that you will NOT ruin a thing and that the guest of honor will be so surprised! How fun! Hope the sisters are no trouble... siblings can always be a little iffy.

Gina, Great job nailing that DD and WooHooo for 2 pounds gone! Gotta love that!

Liz, WOW... one pound from goal & well over a month left to get there! Happy for you!!! Enjoy both birthdays this weekend. So happy the whole family is getting together for Gma's birthday. She's going to love that! Thanks for the kind words about the running as well. I know it'll be ok. I'm feeling much better today and hopeful that tomorrow's run will go well

Lynne, love the car analogy. I often think of a snowball or a ball rolling down a slightly sloping hill, but now I'm going to want to be stomping on the pedal instead <gg> If nothing else it's fun to do and gets out some frustration Hope school registration went well and that you both enjoyed the park. Hearing you talk about the vampires & how the characters are developing is really interesting! Can't wait to meet them

Danielle, so glad you and the girls are doing as well as possible. I remember feeling like DD19 when I started Atkins sheesh 10 years ago. I was like, 'Hey! I don't have gas anymore.' LOL Seriously. I think there are so many great side effects to dropping gluten for most of us. I'd love to be one of the people who aren't bothered by wheat & sugar, but I'm just not that fortunate. Have fun on date night!

I finally feel like I'm back in the grove today. Eating is going well, I'm getting caught up on household stuff, just happily plugging along I'm thinking of taking a little trip to see a friend's new born great dane puppies this weekend, but haven't mentioned that to her or my hubs yet, so not sure if that will happen. Other than that, plans are wide open for the weekend
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I remember feeling like DD19 when I started Atkins sheesh 10 years ago. I was like, 'Hey! I don't have gas anymore.'
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

TMI, Lynne? LOL

Scale still up, but I got my run in this morning. It was much much much better than Thursday's run, but I still only did 25 minutes. I'm guessing my little vacay set me back further than I thought. The knee issue I came home with is nearly completely resolved, though and I have no reason to think that the running won't continue to improve from here on out I'm eating some pancake/crepe like things. I'm still tinkering with the recipe, but I think two eggs with two Tbsp of coconut flour mixed with a little bit of sf vanilla creamer will be pretty close to perfect
Old 08-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
TMI, Lynne? LOL

Scale still up, but I got my run in this morning. It was much much much better than Thursday's run, but I still only did 25 minutes. I'm guessing my little vacay set me back further than I thought. The knee issue I came home with is nearly completely resolved, though and I have no reason to think that the running won't continue to improve from here on out I'm eating some pancake/crepe like things. I'm still tinkering with the recipe, but I think two eggs with two Tbsp of coconut flour mixed with a little bit of sf vanilla creamer will be pretty close to perfect
drooling!! The pancakes sound really good!!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #359

This week is a MESS for me! We (DH and I) leave for Dallas first thing Wednesday morning for work! My parents will come in and stay at our house. It will be a MESS of a week!

I did weigh in yesterday, I am down 3 to 171! Getting closer to my all time low of 167! Slow and steady, right?????
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Way to go on the loss Monica! I've managed to gain the 2 I lost again over the weekend I feel destined to bounce between 197-199 Oh well, will weigh in on Wednesday regardless.

Having to go visit my Grandad again on Thursday, the home contacted my Mum today and the t*at of a neighbour (Colin) was overheard bombarding my Grandad with info about selling the house, finances etc,. and he was getting very confused and upset. Colin & his wife were asked to leave and the home manager has suggested my Mum apply to take back power of attorney so we've got all the paperwork and going over on Thursday for my Grandad to sign it. Means I will end up dealing with all the house sale etc so that's gonna be fun! Oh well.... family eh?