Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Oh... and I also write articles for a Cat magazine too
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Yesterday was SPOT ON!

GINA -- slow down sista!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

I know... looks quite scary when I write it all down! lol!
Weigh in today, down 2 lbs so 4 lbs in 3 weeks slow and stead eh? x
Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Monica, good job on your reboot! Just listening (well, reading) about your back-to-school shopping trip made me tired. I hate crowds.

Gina, grocery shopping online sounds good. I don't think we have that option here, but it would certainly simplify things! I love how it cuts down "impulse buying" because you can take out all the bad stuff the next day.

You do have a lot on your plate, don't you?

Liz, thank you. I'm not really doing 2 plans, though, just keeping the carbs down with JUDDD makes it easier to stay on track. I tend to add more and more junky carbs (against my will and better judgement) if I don't place strict limits on myself.

Me... another perfecto DD yesterday. That's 9 in a row, about 600 calories. I'm now officially back down to the starting weight on my signature: 182. Realizing that I've got a LONG ways to go until I get down to the weight I was last year at this time is quite depressing.

I'm realizing also that I catch the moods of my characters when I write, so there's that, too. When my intrepid hero is having an anxiety attack, a temper tantrum, a crying jag...so am I! Is there a 12-step program somewhere for this??

I've got to take Gavin to an audiology appointment tomorrow in Portland, so I might not be able to check in. Nothing wrong, just follow-up.

See you later!! Happy Wednesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
I am so so excited!!! I lost 10 pounds!
I was really worried I was going to weigh myself and nothing would have happened.
It would have been all this hard work and nuthin! lol
But it wasnt!!! I re-did the weigh in just to be sure I did it right!
Yay!!!!!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #306

BEARA - way to go! 10 pounds is amazing!!!!

Lynne - way to jump back on plan and sticking with it. I have had 2 (almost) 600c DD's, just finishing up day 2 today! LOOK AT US GO!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 212/206/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Beara - that is awesome! Congrats
Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Lynne - Well done on keeping up with the good DD's!

Beara - Wooop Bet that's put a smile on your face?

Just when I think things are starting to settle at home the place Wayne's been working says they wont need him after the end of this week - Arghhhhh!!!!
Saw my GP again yesterday to review my meds etc,. and told her about these mood swings, asked if they could be a side effect of the fibro/ME or even a side effect of any of the meds and she's given me a 'mood diary' to fill out over the course of the month - hmmmm not sure if it's something I want to keep track of really, figure it might just make me feel worse - oh well, we'll see!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #309

OH Gina, that stinks! He hasn't been working there that long, has he? I think I remember him getting this job. My thoughts are out to you both. Job worries are the worst!

I had another inline DD yesterday. Right around 600c. Hoping this nice trend continues. Tonight is crazy night. Book club is supposed to happen at my house, but only 2 others besides me have confirmed to be coming. If there is just 3 of us, I think we will cancel. I was going to make my champagne punch (hate champagne, but this is amazing with the other stuff mixed in). I won't make it for 3 people, way too much would have to be thrown away. If we cancel, I will save my beverage calories for Ice cream with the kids.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #310

I almost forgot, it's FRIDAY - EVE
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beara View Post
I am so so excited!!! I lost 10 pounds!
I was really worried I was going to weigh myself and nothing would have happened.
It would have been all this hard work and nuthin! lol
But it wasnt!!! I re-did the weigh in just to be sure I did it right!
Yay!!!!!
Congrats!!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Yeah you're right Monica, it was supposed to be temporary until November but they just don't have the work so have layed a few people off could really have done without that! Oh well we have plans to go out tomorrow night because it's his birthday on Saturday but then that's it for partying for a while...

What's everyone else got planned for the weekend? x
Old 08-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #313

OH well Happy birthday to WAYNE!

This weekend, we actually have no softball, no family activities NOTHING set. Both kids are having people sleep over tonight, so we have decided to take them all to Worlds of Fun. It's an amusement park in KC and they also have a water park. You can do both parks all day! The weather is supposed to be perfect. Sunny, low humidity and 80*! Perfect for an August day outside!

Food was great yesterday. Got in my 1900c give or take a few. Even enjoyed 2 glasses of wine to get me to that level!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Yay for Wine.... I think a glass or 2 may be in store for me this evening
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

No plans for the weekend here. I am looking forward to not being at work!!!! This week has been crazy busy.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Thanks you guys!!!
No plans sounds nice Liz! lol
It is my roomates birthday tomorrow so we are gonna do fun bday things! lol
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hi, everyone!!

No plans for the weekend, just staying in. Think I might go to the library tomorrow and return some books. I'm definitely going to return the Rosetta Stone Spanish, since I don't seem to be working on it very much

Gavin's audiology appointment went fine. The kid can sure WRESTLE. We got to ride the tram for the first time. It's free for patients, so we're going to do that every time we have to go to the hospital now!

Beara, holy moly!! Good on ya, 10 pounds!!

Good job Monica, staying on your low DDs! I think I might be a good influence...for a change?

Happy Friday Eve!! Now Saturday Eve!!

Gina, you've definitely earned the wine. Bring it on!!

I was invited to tea with some new friends today. Gavin and I walked to her house, which after living sort of in the suburbs for so long felt so urban and sophisticated! Thank goodness it was an UD today because we ate delicious canteloupe, blueberries, some blackberries from my backyard, brioche with eggplanty stuff and tiny tomatoes on top, herbed goat cheese and homemade peach galette. (I'm so sorry in advance if this slightly carby foodalogue is triggering for somebody.) Gavin ate SO much, and sang Al Green along with his iPod. Wait, MY iPod, I mean.

Our host has a pet pigeon named Whisper who has a broken wing and lives on the back porch. Aww. Does anybody know if pigeons can bond with other species of bird? I was thinking Whisper might be lonely since she can't flock anymore. Do you think?

I'm almost to 10,000 words worth of vampires today, for all the impatiently waiting! For sure I'll be there by the end of the weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
A freakin week since I've been in here.. sorry girls! This past week as been more chaotic than I anticipated. I truly feel as if I've floated through the last week and not sure what I've even gotten done. I hate feeling like this! I'm getting tired of hearing myself talk and never really doing what needs to be done in terms of getting my butt back on the wagon once and for all. I hate the way I am feeling physically and mentally. Right now, I just feel reaallllly big The scale tells me that it's true too by giving me another 1.4 gain. Time to shut up and just do it already.

DS heading back to school this weekend--gonna miss him but kinda ready to get into our regular routine around here again. DD17 started back to school on Thursday and that's another adjustment--she only has half-days...so right in the middle of my day when I'm just gettin going with stuff it's time for her to come home, etc.. Hoping that things will adjust quickly because I'm over this flitting around with no real purpose or focus.

Have yet to catch up here...lots to read! I am determined to keep myself busy with getting myself back on track and not slip into denial and obscurity--I need to be here, reading, posting and contstantly focused on what I need to do to take care of myself. It's time.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Checking in....I've got a lot going on here as well. Its also just before the TOM and my cravings have been kind of bad. I've been good for most of the week, but havent done a weigh-in for fear of what I will see. I've eaten more like Owl-lifetime maintenance this week instead of my pledge to be Induction-ing. Work was also crazy busy for me..I work at home and my phone can start ringing at 7am. If I answer it, I'm toast for the rest of the day...swamped until 6pm...that's been my week! I haven't made the time for my morning or evening walks either. This weekend I was a couponing wizard, so I spent a lot of time researching deals, clipping and shopping. The house is well-stocked for the next 2 months i hope.

My good news, I'm happy to say that I was able to buy one size down in my usual jeans yesterday That kept me on plan for the rest of the day for sure...and I've done well today too.

I apologize I've not read or caught up with prior posts, but I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #320

Lynne - your TEA sounds awesome! What a nice bunch of fresh fruit you had. I am sure Gavin did love it, who wouldn't???

Danielle - keep stepping in that direction. don't allow for excuses. I know, I am the QUEEN of finding excuses for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I shove in my mouth!

Stacy - way to go on the smaller jeans! That is an amazing feeling I am sure.

We had a fun weekend. Friday's DD was a little high, as Friday DD's always are for me. Saturday we did the amusement park / water park thing. I loved it. My children are old enough to go off on their own and each had a friend. DH and I found some lovely beach chairs in the shade. I swam a little, did a few water slides, then I read most of the day, in the shade with a lovely breeze! LOVED IT! OH and I people watched. There's nothing like a roller coaster/water park to bring out the INTERESTING people!

Sunday we did church and then grocery shopped, and other shopping. IT was a full day and I was tired at the end!

OH I almost forgot, we adopted another dog this weekend. I'll post a picture.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #321

Here's DD11 and Pip

Here's PIP and our other dog Jessie. Pip has decided she is taking over Jessie's Crate. Jessie isn't all that thrilled about it!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Oh - those doggies are sooooo cute!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone had a good weekend I know I did. You know I always say I have no plans but somehow manage to run around and do lots of stuff lol. Spent sat helping take care of DH's Grandmother, cleaned out our little boat while the hubby worked on the motor, took the kids out for a short boat ride and a long walk back to the dock (the motor over heated!!) The kids didn't mind they got to swim in their new life jackets and play in the sand. Good thing we stayed along the shore or it would have been a long swim back!!
Sunday I cut DH Grandmothers and Uncles hair and (the highlight of my weekend) I got to shoot a hand gun for the first time ever!!! My husband is a gun collector nothing crazy mainly shot guns because he hunts. He bought a hand gun for trap and target shooting a while ago and I have always wanted to shoot it just in case it ever came down to me needing to use it. (I was born and raised on a farm learned to shoot a shot gun as soon as I was old enough to hold one)

But for some reason I was scared to death when it came down to shooting this hand gun. I just knew the it was going to fly out of my hands or I would shot myself in the foot . Once I made it out to the rang where we shoot and I seen other people shooting I told my DH never mind...it was to loud and scary and to many people could see me make a fool of myself . DH convinced me to just try it and he would help by holding the gun. Much to my surprise it wasn't nearly as bad as I worked myself up to think it would be. And I actually enjoyed it.

Side note: I really should stop watching the investigation discovery channel specially the shows about people breaking into houses where women are home alone...then maybe I wouldn't be worried that I had no idea how to shoot the hand gun. Sad part is by the time I got in the safe to get the gun and load it ...it would be to late.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Monica - your daughter is adorable and so are the pups how are the dogs adapting to each other? Pics seems to show they are doing well. Your weekend sounds like fun I love people watching

Stacy- congrats on smaller pants!!! Always a great feeling.

Lynne- Your weekend sounded fun and so did all the food at the tea party. Glad you and Gavin enjoyed it. I dont know much about birds so I am no help there. As for the vampires glad to hear things are moving along.

Beara- Hope you enjoyed the bday festivities for the roommate.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #325

Liz - the dogs are doing well together. At first Pip (the new one) would growel, which came out like a hum, at Jessie when she came anywhere close. Then when we went to the amusement park, we left Pip in Jessie's crate because we weren't sure how she would do there all day. Now we can't get her out of Jessie's crate! I mean, the crate is WAY too big for her 4.7 pounds! We had got a small carry crate for Pip but she hated it. Today, we are buying a wire one for Pip...then maybe she will leave Jessie's alone!

I am not a gun person. I did have a boyfriend in college that got me out and had me shoot a 22. Which apparently is practically nothing. Liz, my problem with arming myself to protect myself is I would have to use it. I know, in that situation, I would never/could never shoot another person, for that reason, we have no guns in the house as DH is not a hunter. If I had a gun, and needed to use it in a bad situation, I think I would freak and then the BAD guy could grab it and then use it ON ME!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hi guys! Hoping to play catch up soon, but we made it back late last night and absolutely had a blast! Freemont Street makes me want to live down there... too bad it's in the middle of the desert Fun fun fun... up three pounds this morning to right at 190... it almost settled at 189, but then snuck up on me just to prove a point I think. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Monica- I dont know that I would ever be able to use a gun to protect myself either. I have never used one for anything other then target shooting. I think I would just faint or have a heart attack if someone was coming after me lol. Guns are not for everyone so I completely understand.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Tami- Welcome back glad to hear you had a great time. The weight will come back off in no time.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #329

Tami - so glad to hear you had SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Tami, so glad you had such a wonderful time!!! Those pesky lbs will be gone before ya know it

Guys, totally think my other daugher is experiencing gluten issues too.. it's crazy. She's attempting to go GF and doing pretty well considering she is major carbaholic. I'm thankful that they're old enough to do things on their own and can tell me what's wrong when they don't feel well DD17 is still eating gluten until the docs get the labwork back to tell us which way to go.. that's driving me nutso watching her be miserable on any given day at any given time.. it sucks! Tricky with school and work so she has to plan her gluten eating for days where she knows she has down time. Poor kid.
she's been a pretty good role model tho for her sister and making her a believer.

I am attempting to get a whole day lc.. my intentions are there, my mornings start off wonderful and by late afternoon I've blown it.. no reason to, I just do? Learning to let it go, not beat myself up and keep going.. mentally I am still in a bad place because of everything with my dad, but I HAVE to keep going or I'll end up weighing 300lbs by years end I WANT to feel better and I feel myself starting to get motivated and excited about getting back to a lc lifestyle.
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote