Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Gina, sure hope you feel better soon and that work goes quickly today!

Monica, awww DD11 is tugging at my heartstrings. Could be the age? Could be the other girls that age? I have mixed feelings about the cell phone... if she's really truly having a tough time I think it's good she can talk to mom, but I can see where it could be used as a crutch and could be holding her back as well. Tough stuff Yay For Friday Eve! Glad you enjoyed dinner! Good luck with today's DD! As for the running and taking time off if needed I agree completely and it's a REALLY hard thing to wrap your head around if you've been competitive in the past. I had to learn that with my back and I didn't learn it easily... hence the depression, weight gain, etc. I'm typically an all or nothing person, too, and I'm stubborn to boot. So yeah, desperately trying to keep myself out of that position again!

Same ole same ole here... no running today, so in full packing mode 3 more days

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Gina- Glad to see you pop in, hope you are feeling better soon TOM on top of all that doesn't help it much either.

Monica- aww I agree with Tami DD11 is pulling at my heart strings to. I am not looking forward to those days at all. A lady I work with just went through the same thing its so hard but her daughter stuck it out. Best of luck on DD just remember tomorrow will be here before you know it

Tami- You are really encouraging me to want to start running again. Now to find the time with the hubby on night shift! If there is a will there is a way. Keep up the good work lady I am very proud of you

Everyone else..... Where oh where have you been and how is life in general. We miss you guys.

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

I'm back.

Yesterday the cable Internet guy was here for three hours, and now I have my Internet service back, and telephone, and thank goodness for that! Four weeks is a long time to go without connection.

Tami, you turned into an athlete while I was away. Runners chills and all. Holy moly!! Happy packing, too! I love the anticipation of a trip. I think it's almost more fun than the trip itself - no hassles to figure out!

Danielle, good to see you again. How was Bruno Mars? I'll bet your household is TIRED of the very word "gluten" by now, but I guess it's good to figure out what's wrong. 6 more weeks??

Gina, hang in there. Poor thing.

Monica, I am totally in agreement about exercise and weight loss. That's true for me, too, that exercise is almost a side issue to weight loss for me, it doesn't help at all. In fact, it is more likely to make me hungrier for the wrong kinds of foods and sidetrack my progress! And I'm just like you on the over-dedication aspect, too, to the point of hurting myself.

I'm glad you had a day to enjoy yourself and read. Those are so precious when we're right in the middle of life's rush hour.

Liz, hi! Good job getting back to LC - me too! - and thank goodness for Dr. Atkins, that's all I can say. He definitely saved my life, and saved me from a lifetime of misery. I never have to get diabetes now, thanks to him.

Beara, I hear you on the Internet difficulties! Awk!! Welcome back. We'll be here when you get service again.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, sorry if I did.

Me... I'm officially back on the horse!! I've been executing perfect low low DDs, thanks to my chocolate whey protein shakes and a new friend - kava. Have you heard of it? I get the pharmaceutical grade stuff at the health food store, and it helps me stay calm and not hungry on down days.

I haven't changed my siggy yet, but I'm at 185 this morning. The weight isn't falling off, but I'm happy enough with my progress.

Argh, gotta go - Gavin's awake and wanting breakfast!!

Happy Thursday, everybody!! (Or Friday eve, for Monica.)

,Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Tami- You are really encouraging me to want to start running again. Now to find the time with the hubby on night shift! If there is a will there is a way. Keep up the good work lady I am very proud of you
Awww, thanks Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I'm back.
YAY! YAY! YAY!

So glad you're back and back on track, too. Losing weight even! Love Love Love it!!! Missed ya girl!

Quote:
Tami, you turned into an athlete while I was away. Runners chills and all. Holy moly!! Happy packing, too! I love the anticipation of a trip. I think it's almost more fun than the trip itself - no hassles to figure out!
I've always enjoyed being an athlete... not sure I'm there yet, but would sure love to fit into that category again We differ drastically on the anticipation of a trip, though! I'm a huge stress ball worrying about everything that needs to be done. I have like 3 lists going and it's getting better, but I'm pretty much a stress case until we pull out of the driveway and then it's like a huge wave of relief washes over me. Can't wait! My stuff is under control, but it's the stuff I can't control, like hubby's schedule and his natural inclination to put everything off til the last minute that puts me into a tail spin. I need to really watch my attitude during these times... it doesn't take much and I'm up on my broom ready to hex all in sight

Last edited by misscobi; 08-01-2013 at 10:34 AM..
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - so happy to see you back! WE have missed you greatly! I too have owned up and weighed this morning. I am up, not as bad as I thought I would be. I changed my signature and am moving forward. What is this KAVA? Do share please! oH and how are my vampires doing????

Tami = you will have such a GREAT time. I am so excited for you . YOu keep making your lists and stay CALM, with organizational skills, you will get it all DONE!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #276

As I stated, I have owned up to my LAX/sloppy eating. As of today I will start tracking every bite/spoonful of stuff. I plan to start keeping my calories down in my journal! Enough is enough!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
TGIF! Been sorta a crazy few days.. DS came home, DD18 had a birthday and we had the show on Wednesday night. Lovely having DS home..I find that I've slept the best since he's been home---I know where he is! The concert was awesome--that lil guy puts on a very good show and sounds amazing. TOM showed up a day early and wreaking major havoc on my body. Weirdly, all the painful bloat I had for 2 weeks disappeared the second tom showed up.... I've never experienced that before for pms type stuff...wondering if it's tied to my early perimeno crappola. I haven't been able to go strict low carb like I'd planned...totally didn't get myself as organized as I wanted the last couple days and the next few prove to be more crazy..so, I'll plan for a clean start come Monday. I really want this to work, and I really want to feel better!!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #278

Love the picture Danielle!!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Great seats, Danielle! How fun! Good luck getting organized & restarted. I swear that's the hardest part! Enjoy having your boy home

Same for you, Monica, good luck tracking every spoonful. I'll be right there with you when I get back from Vegas

187 on the scale this morning. haha. Surprise surprise. I'm not sure why I bother, but it does help keep me on track. Even if it's not moving downward, it's not moving upward either! Hopefully the damage from our trip won't be too bad. Today was a running day and it went well, 27 minutes straight jogging. At one point a lady was walking on the sidewalk across the street and I swear we were going the same speed. lol Oh-well! I've got my exercise planned for the trip. I'll run here early Sunday morning before we leave, then Wednesday & Saturday while there and then back to my M/W/F routine once back home the following week. Should work
Old 08-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks gurrrls! It was a fun show. The opening act was Ellie Goulding... I know 1 song from her but I enjoyed her alot. Next up, Black Sabbath---should be interesting!

Tami~ You are doing SO well with your running!!!! Enjoy your vacation and have some fun

DD17 is back to school shopping today.. mercy that girl could spend hours at the mall She's called me at least 5x to share her finds with me at home Her sister was with her until 3 and headed into work (at the mall) and now her brother is meeting her there to shop for some of his own stuff.. The best part of all of it? I don't have to step one foot into the chaos that is Back To School shopping the weekend before school starts!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
The best part of all of it? I don't have to step one foot into the chaos that is Back To School shopping the weekend before school starts!
Nice! Have to say I don't miss that at all!!! Thanks for the trip well wishes... except for a few little odds & ends (that I have on a list! lol) packing is DONE! Hubby's going to be busy tomorrow and a friend wants me to meet her at a dog show tomorrow, so I really wanted everything done today and it's pretty darned close as of about 3 minutes ago
Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stacy O
Stats: 223/204/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 30 2013
Hello,
I'm back from my trip to Ft. Lauderdale...my daughter and I enjoyed it to the max! She got tan and I tried not too, but we certainly did a lot of pool and beach bumming. I got a lot of walking in as well! I stayed on plan about 70% of the time...the stuff I cheated on wasn't even good, it was just convenient and 'there'...not worth it at all. I weighed in this morning and gained 3 lbs, but no worries, I am back to induction today and I'm getting ready for a 3 mile walk now...the weather back home (chicago) is gorgeous....FL was much warmer as you could imagine

Stacy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle-I love Black Sabbath! My oldest daughter (18) is going to Lollapalooza today and I am jealous! She will have a blast for sure! My younger daughter (16) loves Bruno.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Stacy sounds like a wonderful trip & not too much damage weight wise either. Welcome home
Old 08-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, everyone!!

Tami, sorry it's a stressball for you. I'm so impressed by the running - 27 min.! Have a lovely time on your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
What is this KAVA? Do share please! oH and how are my vampires doing????
Kava is a plant that grows in Vanuatu and Fiji. The root of it is used to make a beverage called "grog", basically just an infusion of the ground or chewed root in water. You can get it in the health food store here.

It is calming without the negative side effects of tranquilizers or sedatives (or booze). If the reason that you munch is to calm down and relax (that's me), then kava will help with that. It also helps me sleep.

The vampires are currently in research. I'm realizing I've never attended a high school graduation ceremony - I've always avoided the pageantry for some reason, so I never attended my high school or college commencements - so have no idea how the particulars work. I'm watching a lot of YouTube footage. When you read the part in the book about the hero's high school graduation, you'll know that I have NO idea what I'm talking about; I watched it all on YouTube.

Does anyone know how the order of graduates walking is determined? I see the valedictorian is first, and the salutatorian is second, and the class officers...but what about everyone else? I'm curious.

Danielle, how cool is that concert pic?? Wow. And how did you skate out of back to school shopping this year? I'm amazed you didn't get dragged to the mall!

Stacy, I love Ft. Lauderdale! Good on ya for getting right back on Induction when you got home, and going for a walk. Good job!!

Me... another perfect DD yesterday. That's like 7 in a row, knock on wood. I've been basically LC on UDs except for one little treat, once a day. I weighed in at 184 this morning, so I think the honeymoon is over and it's gonna be slow going now.

Happy Saturday!!

Lynne
Old 08-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Stacey~ sounds like a great trip!! The Black Sabbath show should be a good one, can't wait. I am jealous of anyone able to go to Lollapalooza..I hate that it doesn't travel the country anymore. I went to the very first one waaaayyy back when, it was awesome! Going to P!nk in October (she's my absolute fave ) for the 2nd time this year..taking alittle road trip for that one.

Lynne~ thanks! It's so hard to capture good photos on a cell with all the lights flashing,etc. I was kinda bummed we were so far off on the side of the stage, but hell, they were free tickets! I didn't get dragged because now the kids are old enough to go on their own, and honestly, I probably slow them down We gave her some money for the usual essential back to school stuff...jeans,undies/socks/bras,shoes..and she'd been saving several of her paychecks to spend on the "extra" that she's wanted.. She's enjoying her paychecks right now because come Jan. she has to start saving half of every one. She came home with quite the haul and is totally set for school.

I am starting to flail around again .... where the heck does my motivation go??????? I. Don't. Know. And I'm quite sick of it. Since the kids got back from CA and being with the family I've been in this weird place that I can't seem to shake. I feel like I'm in a bubble or something, it's awful!
I am truly hoping that once we get back to routine I'll start to feel better.. I really want to lose weight, I really want to feel better, and mentally I need to get out of this blah mood I've been in.

Quiet weekend, everyone's working that works, and I believe DS is going to hang out w/ his buddies.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami, sorry it's a stressball for you. I'm so impressed by the running - 27 min.! Have a lovely time on your trip.
No worries... I've come to grips that I'm a bit neurotic about these kinds of things, but if I spread it out and tackle a little at a time, while trying very very hard not to expect anyone in my family to be half as concerned as I am about the whole thing, it gets done with minimal freaking out. Type A personality anyone? Lists are my crutch for sure and they allow me to sleep so all in all it's really not so bad. I will be relieved to pull out of the driveway tomorrow morning, though!

Thanks for the running kudos. I know 27 minutes doesn't sound like much, but when you start out feeling like you're going to die just alternating 60 seconds running/90 seconds walking the progression is kind of amazing. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing

7 perfect DD's??? And mostly low carb to boot? Way to go, Lynne!!!

Sorry I'm not much help with the graduation proceedings. After Valedictorian & Salutatorian they bring in the other students with academic honors, honor society members I believe. And then the rest proceed in alphabetic order, usually alternating boy/girl or more likely girl/boy

Danielle, I have to admit every time I hear Pink now I think of you I'm a wee bit addicted to True Love (I think that's the title) at the moment, so know you're thought of quite often I bet getting back into a routine will help your motivation. It's hard just kind of winging it with different schedules every day. Sorry you're in a bum mood, though

Last edited by misscobi; 08-03-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Took Friday off work coz still not feeling great after another rubbish nights sleep, kept waking up shivering
Saturday was very stressfull, went over to my Grandads with Wayne & Mum to clear some of the furniture out of his house so when he comes out of respite care they can fit a hospital bed in there. His neighbour has power of attorney because my Mum and I don't live locally and we are really starting to wonder if he's really acting in my Grandads best interests! The reason he's in respite care at the moment is coz he's got really bad bed sores yet he's supposed to have 4 visits a day from carers so either that's not happening or none of them are actually lifting him etc,. coz he's got in a right state. It was all very upsetting and I had every intention of drinking the slimfast shakes that I took with me but ended up having a Burger King chicken burger meal from the services on the way home then a couple of glasses of wine and all sorts of other rubbish I shouldn't have eaten
Yesterday I wasn't feeling great, we've now got rid of the heatwave and have thunder and heavy rain so just feeling generally miserable!
Supposed to be starting my college course in September doing media Make up and I can't justify the £400 it's gonna cost and really just CBA with any of it anymore...

Oh... and exercise...? Yeah, that's not really happening either!

I'm sat at work... it's raining outside and I just wanna go sit in it.. am I mad?
Sorry rant over! xx

Weighed in back at 197 this morning after reaching a low of 193 on Friday

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME

Last edited by Genie80; 08-05-2013 at 03:41 AM..
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #289

Quote:
Does anyone know how the order of graduates walking is determined? I see the valedictorian is first, and the salutatorian is second, and the class officers...but what about everyone else? I'm curious
As Tami said, alphabetic is how it goes. For larger graduations/college or large High Schools the people carry a slip of paper with their name on it and hand it to the person speaking so if someone isn't there, their name won't be said as XX walks out. Does that make sense?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #290

Quote:
The best part of all of it? I don't have to step one foot into the chaos that is Back To School shopping the weekend before school starts!
CALL ME JEALOUS! We did back to school shopping all afternoon yesterday. It was AWFUL! since we were in MO at my parents, we got the BRIGHT idea to shop there on our way home to take advantage of the tax free back to school weekend....as did about a MILLION other people! WE only went to 3 stores and they were awful. Justice, Target and Kohls. Every place was jam packed and busy beyond imagination. We had to come home (KS) to get my DD11's list as I forgot to bring it. Going to our Walmart after all that seemed like NOTHING! We should have just done it all here in town. OH WELL, it is done. All school supplies bought, 6 pairs of shorts/3 shirts/1 pair of shoes for DD11, 3 shirts/1 pair of shorts/1 pair of shoes for DS14 all bought! DS14 now wears a size 13 SHOE! What the heck am I going to do if his FEET keep growing????

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #291

Tami - you are gone, but know, I am thinking of you.

GINA - dust off girl and jump back on! YOU CAN DO THIS. If nothing else do it for the health benefits/pain reduction it will give you! THat was all stressful, I can only imagine!

Danielle - I am sure it is great having everyone back together for a while...but I am sure it makes for a crazy household!

Stacy - sounds like you did great on your vacation. 3 pounds is nothing!

Lynne - 7 perfect DD's, I am horribly jealous. Lately, I can't have a successful DD to save my freaking life!

Liz - you out there girl?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #292

Today is my FRESH START DD/food plan day! I was horrible all weekend. ENOUGH! Everyone is home, we have no visitors, there are no more excuses I can use. It's just me/my issue holding me back. NO MORE. That is just stupid. I have no reasons. I have tons of low calorie stuff with me today. Heck, I might even eat it all, but there's only I think 450c here....SO BE IT THEN!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Monica- I am here!! Work is so busy around the beginning of the month so some times I just get on here long enough to read every ones posts and then its back to the grind.

Stacy- those 3lbs will be gone before you know it!!

Tami- I know I missed you before you left but I hope you have a great time.

Lynne- you are doing so well keep it up. Lord knows its hard staying on track on one diet plan let alone two.

Danielle- That is so nice to not have to stress over getting the school shopping done. For me my girls are young enough that I can usually do most of it without them and right now I prefer it that way because my 4 year old is a primadonna when it comes to clothes shopping!!!!

Gina- Sorry your weekend went down hill. You will get it together and back on plan we always do. And remember we all have slip ups just move on from it and dont let it haunt you.

As for me- I am still waiting to get to the 40lbs gone!!!! I will see it one day right. I am up a pound this morning and I know exactly why....... beer and good food. Me and the DH went out sat night with some friends (his mom was nice enough to watch the kids ) . Yesterday we went to the store and I was starving so of course I started looking for low carb stuff and I found almonds with strawberry flavoring on them OMG I couldn't stop eating them yesterday so I am sure that didn't help either Its Monday and the week days are always easier for me so here hoping for a great week.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today is my FRESH START DD/food plan day! I was horrible all weekend. ENOUGH! Everyone is home, we have no visitors, there are no more excuses I can use. It's just me/my issue holding me back. NO MORE. That is just stupid. I have no reasons. I have tons of low calorie stuff with me today. Heck, I might even eat it all, but there's only I think 450c here....SO BE IT THEN!
Monica- You can do it girl!!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CALL ME JEALOUS! We did back to school shopping all afternoon yesterday. It was AWFUL! since we were in MO at my parents, we got the BRIGHT idea to shop there on our way home to take advantage of the tax free back to school weekend....as did about a MILLION other people! WE only went to 3 stores and they were awful. Justice, Target and Kohls. Every place was jam packed and busy beyond imagination. We had to come home (KS) to get my DD11's list as I forgot to bring it. Going to our Walmart after all that seemed like NOTHING! We should have just done it all here in town. OH WELL, it is done. All school supplies bought, 6 pairs of shorts/3 shirts/1 pair of shoes for DD11, 3 shirts/1 pair of shorts/1 pair of shoes for DS14 all bought! DS14 now wears a size 13 SHOE! What the heck am I going to do if his FEET keep growing????

Monica- tell him to stop growing or you will have to cut his toes off jk, My brother is tall and he is in a 13 and I believe anything over that you usually have to special order
Old 08-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Monica - you will do it!!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Took Friday off work coz still not feeling great after another rubbish nights sleep, kept waking up shivering
Saturday was very stressfull, went over to my Grandads with Wayne & Mum to clear some of the furniture out of his house so when he comes out of respite care they can fit a hospital bed in there. His neighbour has power of attorney because my Mum and I don't live locally and we are really starting to wonder if he's really acting in my Grandads best interests! The reason he's in respite care at the moment is coz he's got really bad bed sores yet he's supposed to have 4 visits a day from carers so either that's not happening or none of them are actually lifting him etc,. coz he's got in a right state. It was all very upsetting and I had every intention of drinking the slimfast shakes that I took with me but ended up having a Burger King chicken burger meal from the services on the way home then a couple of glasses of wine and all sorts of other rubbish I shouldn't have eaten
Yesterday I wasn't feeling great, we've now got rid of the heatwave and have thunder and heavy rain so just feeling generally miserable!
Supposed to be starting my college course in September doing media Make up and I can't justify the £400 it's gonna cost and really just CBA with any of it anymore...

Oh... and exercise...? Yeah, that's not really happening either!

I'm sat at work... it's raining outside and I just wanna go sit in it.. am I mad?
Sorry rant over! xx

Weighed in back at 197 this morning after reaching a low of 193 on Friday
OMG Gina, I read this and I had to come offer a . Poor sweetie, hang in there, and no wonder you're ranting and drinking wine! It's a miracle you haven't dived headfirst into a tank of vodka with a snorkel and fins!!

(...or maybe you have. Well, nobody's judging here.)

Also...The weather sure isn't helping any. That change from heatwave to rain seems to make everyone sick. At least, that's what happens around here. It's like our bodies don't adjust to the change quickly enough and we catch something.

Also...I'm real irritated with your Granddad's neighbor for neglecting him and letting him get bedsores, too. Maybe it's time for Granddad to move closer?? I don't know.

What is media makeup? Is it interesting, or just a requirement for something else you're interested in? You've just got so much going on right now, maybe its all just overwhelming.

I think the 4 pounds is just stress making you retain water. Pretty sure. It will pass.

I'll be thinking light and happy thoughts for you and your family this week.

Lynne
Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Monica- tell him to stop growing or you will have to cut his toes off jk, My brother is tall and he is in a 13 and I believe anything over that you usually have to special order
Funny you say that, the JOKE is his TOES are 1/2 his Feet size! This kid have long ole MONKEY toes! I told DS14 that if they got bigger, normal store shopping would not be an option. We were at Kohl's and I point out, LOOK, none of these go over this size! I mean, what can he do, right? I teased him anyway! He thought it was so funny he posted it on Facebook!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #299

Lynne - how goes it girl???

Well, I successfully navigated a nice DD. Calories were right around 600c, for me, that's perfect! I had little snacks starting at 10:30 every 2 hours at work then had a 200c dinner. 1 down day, COMPLETE
Old 08-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Monica - How did your fresh start go yesterday?

Liz - So dangerous going shopping when you're hungry isn't it? I do all my grocery shopping online and get it delivered (We don't have a car so makes it easier) I go through and select everything to go in my 'trolley' then go back the following day and take all the bad things back out my 'trolley'

Lynne - Thanks for the hugs (much needed & appreciated at the moment!) I really like the idea of vodka diving We've decided we're going to try encourage my Grandad that being in full time care is the best option once we've convinced him of this then we'll try see about getting him in a home closer to us. There's actually one at the top of my road which would be ideal but don't know how it works so need to look into that I just want to try eliminate Colin totally if possible! The make-up course is to learn to professionally apply make-up for photography and film, you can carry on after the course and learn air brushing and special effects make up but it's just an interest of mine that I can't really do anything with at the moment. If my health etc,. was all under control then I'd like to do it so I could be a mobile make-up tech and do weddings etc,. but right now, just too much to take on I think! I already work 26 hours a week as a receptionist for a business centre, work 15-20 hours a week from home running a charity, I'm an Avon rep, I design websites oh yeah... and breed cats too I like to keep busy!!!
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote