Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
If you have pain - if you have fibro - I URGE you to try gluten free. I truly believe after much reading and personal experience that wheat/grains act like heroin on the brain and can start to destroy tissues in the body.

I have thyroid issues, psoriasis, and a lot of "nerve" and muscle pain (with no cause). I've been doing chiropractic, physical therapy, and massage for the past 3 years... Nothing was getting better. In the month off gluten, I've had significantly reduced pain. Also, and I don't know if this is significant, my TSH before this month was about 2.5-2.8 (can't remember), which is high for me while being medicated. After a few weeks gluten free, I was tested again with no change to my RX and it was 1.2.

A lot of my cravings go back to gluten. It is strange to feel like I am hungry, but nothing sounds good that I have - delicious homemade lasagna with squash for noodles, chicken enchilda filling on baked potato, chocolate, etc. But, I really wanted a roast beef sandwich from Paradise Bakery...Why? A gluten free version of that sounded blah. So, why that? I find it interesting to say the least. (I ended up having a huge protein shake with frozen banana, almond milk, chocolate chips, whey, and splash of cream ). I needed to stop with the gluten before my food intolerances got worse (because of leaky gut)...I read about people who can hardly eat anything and it makes me .

As for supplements, I take quite a few (including lots of fish oil and Vitamin D - always chronically low), but started the GABA after reading the Younger (Thinner) You Diet. I take it at night because it relaxes you. If I were going to take tryptophan, I would take it at night as well. I strongly encourage reading the book though because you can use food to increase your brain chemicals. Eating more protein is a big one...and eggs are like superfood.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
WOE: Modified Atkins extended induction
Start Date: May, 26 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
Wanted to post this in fairness to Dr. Gullo. These are his Thin Commandments:

1. Strategy is stronger than willpower.
2. Think historically, not just "calorically."
3. The problem may be in the food, not you.
4. Structure gives control.
5. Separate mood from food.
6. Take control of your favorite foods.
7. Slips should teach you, not defeat you.
8. Stop feeling deprived.
9. Treat your calories like dollars.
10. Losing weight is half the job. Keeping if off is the other half.
Great Philosophy!
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/185/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
"Tomorrow I swear I am gonna make it stick and keep going. I am going back to putting clapping guys in my sig, I think, bc that worked some magic for me in the past. "

Hey Rubidoux! Is today the day it worked? Just checking. I know it can be tough to get back on it.
dmburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
If you have pain - if you have fibro - I URGE you to try gluten free. I truly believe after much reading and personal experience that wheat/grains act like heroin on the brain and can start to destroy tissues in the body
I have Fibro and CFS/ME.. I'm trying Dukan at the moment and in less than a week the pain has been drastically reduced. I never thought of Gluten free before however have tried avoiding foods on the FODMAP list x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Yay!! Is that 4 clappy guys I see? Hooray!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Thanks for all of the posts. I am a binger and need to start dealing my issues. I have no idea how to start.

All of your posts will help a lot!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmburk View Post
Yay!! Is that 4 clappy guys I see? Hooray!
Thanks for checking on me, Dorcas, you're too sweet! Yes! Four clappies! And tonight I made it through a party w AMAZING food and stayed on plan. I'm pretty impressed w myself. The hostess was Vietnamese and she made several Vietnamese dishes that I could eat that were really yummy, lots of good meat! There were also some pretty awesome looking pasteries and chocolates and fruit w a mindbendingly sweet dip that involved toffee. But I made it through.

You look great in your new pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Thanks for all of the posts. I am a binger and need to start dealing my issues. I have no idea how to start.

All of your posts will help a lot!
If you haven't already read it, I'd start w Brain Over Binge. Good luck and come back and talk about it if you run into trouble.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:06 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Way to Go! What an awesome feeling, to be back on track.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #69
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I have Fibro and CFS/ME.. I'm trying Dukan at the moment and in less than a week the pain has been drastically reduced. I never thought of Gluten free before however have tried avoiding foods on the FODMAP list x
Can you tell us what these mean? I too have Fibro and looking for answers.....thanks!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/175/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK my way
Start Date: Feb 2012
haven't finished the entire thread yet.....but a book that helped me greatly was Charles d'angelo's Think and grow thin.
He said somewhere that if you are good Monday - Friday and start falling off wagon on the weekend,that is 1/3 of the week.If you do good 2/3 of the time and slip off 1/3 ,how can you expect 100% success?
That struck me a cord somewhere.For past couple months,I have been struggling the "The Weekend Binge Syndrome".
It has something to do with my family's eating habits.Last month DH was AWAY for 2 weekends,and I actually lost 6 pounds during a 14 day period.Hadn't lost or sustained wt loss for past 6 months.So you see,family is huge sabotage for me.
It also has something to do with how strict i have to be in order to lose weight.I have to carb control and portion/calorie control with a very strict menu if have to lose.
So that means I do feel a little deprived at weekends.Gone are the days when I could eat all-you-can-eat-LC foods.I don't make LC goodies and while all this can be excuses,I don't want to throw in the towel,after coming so far.
Any tips on the weekend sabotages will be greatly helpful.PS: I have little kids to take care of so my days are crazy busy.
mini goal : 175 reached
mega goal : 170 : Combined weights of 3 pregnancies will be gone forever
mega goal : 150 :
mega goal : tone allover,close and repair my diastasis and hernia
Push yourself. Because no one else is going to do it for you.
lowcarbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbella View Post
haven't finished the entire thread yet.....but a book that helped me greatly was Charles d'angelo's Think and grow thin.
He said somewhere that if you are good Monday - Friday and start falling off wagon on the weekend,that is 1/3 of the week.If you do good 2/3 of the time and slip off 1/3 ,how can you expect 100% success?
That struck me a cord somewhere.For past couple months,I have been struggling the "The Weekend Binge Syndrome".
It has something to do with my family's eating habits.Last month DH was AWAY for 2 weekends,and I actually lost 6 pounds during a 14 day period.Hadn't lost or sustained wt loss for past 6 months.So you see,family is huge sabotage for me.
It also has something to do with how strict i have to be in order to lose weight.I have to carb control and portion/calorie control with a very strict menu if have to lose.
So that means I do feel a little deprived at weekends.Gone are the days when I could eat all-you-can-eat-LC foods.I don't make LC goodies and while all this can be excuses,I don't want to throw in the towel,after coming so far.
Any tips on the weekend sabotages will be greatly helpful.PS: I have little kids to take care of so my days are crazy busy.
agree 100% about not taking the weekend off.
Plus, every time I stray with carbs, it detracts from my body's ability to automatically go to fat stores for fuels--some experts say it takes 2-4 WEEKS to recover metabolically from a carb cheat (meaning that it interferes with the body's ability to remember that stored fat is its preferred fuel).

For weekend tips--- a lot of times I'll fix lunch plates from dinner leftovers right when I clean up from supper. Then the next day I can just microwave the portioned-out plate.

I keep a legal food to have as an optional snack and I try to really think whether I need it before I eat it. I write down the portion I am allowed to have, or I portion it out into servings in advance. Gone are the days of grabbing the whole box of snacks and munching mindlessly--- if I want a snack I put a portion into a bowl.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: springalong
Stats: 205/180/130
WOE: LFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Alright... I seem to be one of those that has to take two steps forward, one step back. I had been doing great for quite a while (would fall off the wagon every once in a while, but immediately get back on) and then this week I've had a bit of a rough patch, the worst I've had probably since january. Sigh... I think I've been eating off plan for most of four days, oh man, or is it five now? Denial is a funny thing. I did have one whole day on in there and parts of a couple of other days before I crashed and burned.

Tomorrow I swear I am gonna make it stick and keep going. I am going back to putting clapping guys in my sig, I think, bc that worked some magic for me in the past.

And I bought myself a new book on the subject of food addiction -- The End of Overeating by David Kessler, which I plan on putting my attention into instead of food.

But I thought it might also help if you all tell me some of your best weapons against urges to eat off plan or binge.

I'll start. Obviously these don't work 100%, but they have helped me an awful lot. I used to eat worse *every day* than I do now even on a really bad day. And in the last five or six months I've strung quite a few good days together.

Anyhow, two things I try to think of if I want to cheat are:

-- how it will ALL feel, the actual eating (usually it's disappointing, but even if it's not, it only lasts for a few minutes and whatever pleasure there is in it is so fleeting); the immediate aftermath (oh god, how could I go and blow it like that? and ugh, I already feel gross!); the consequences (out of ketosis , gained like four pounds -- it's always four pounds for me! -- spend five days trying to just get back to where I was, feel bad because I failed to stick to my plan). Often if I manage to make myself think all that through, it doesn't seem as appealing.

-- if I cheat, I'm building bad neural pathways that will reinforce my need to eat crap, but if I manage to resist, I'm building up my resistance muscle and the neural pathways that will make it easier to resist next time.

Now, hopefully, I'll get to put a clappy guy in my sig tomorrow. Anyone having trouble sticking to your plan and want to join me?
Another great thread! Thanks for posting this topic and your process. I want to get in the club. So subbing.
springalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
WOE: Modified Atkins extended induction
Start Date: May, 26 2013
I feel the "weekend blues too"
Yesterday I ordered shrimp with Broccoli from the local Chinese take out and some egg drop soup. Just to go with something different. it seemed very "safe choice" This morning I felt like Ketosis was long gone...No more Chinese for me...I was thinking about all kind of foods today and the Chinese Buffet of course.
Even though I did not eat anything really bad, I do not like what I felt today.
Cheating is not an option period.

Last edited by thatphdguy; 06-23-2013 at 09:27 PM..
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #74

I don't know what's going on with me, but last night I did not wake with nighttime food cravings. At all. Not once. Can it be true that I'm getting a handle on this stupid eating disorder???? Wish me luck.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #75

for ALL of us struggling!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatphdguy View Post
I feel the "weekend blues too"
Yesterday I ordered shrimp with Broccoli from the local Chinese take out and some egg drop soup. Just to go with something different. it seemed very "safe choice" This morning I felt like Ketosis was long gone...No more Chinese for me...I was thinking about all kind of foods today and the Chinese Buffet of course.
Even though I did not eat anything really bad, I do not like what I felt today.
Cheating is not an option period.
Chinese doesn't work for me. I think it's the sauces.
I don't choose chinese places willingly, but if I'm stuck eating with a crowd at a chinese place I order something off the menu and say "no sauce". It's boring but I avoid the msg and corn starch and lord knows what else in the sauces. Fried green beans are okay. I usually get the chicken and broccoli, no sauce and then use 1 soy sauce packet on it. Meh. ETA.. I have heard that some places put sugar on the fried green beans to get more of a crunch on them, which is just a mean thing to do lol

Last edited by emel; 06-24-2013 at 05:57 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Rubidoux, immediately after reading your post I ordered Binge over Brain - I should receive it this week. Thank you!

I am a weekend binger - or should I say, "if I'm not at work, I'm in trouble" binger.

Thanks again to everyone for your input and encouragement.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #78

Okay-- last night was Day 2 that I didn't wake wanting a snack.
I woke, but I didn't get that compulsion to eat (Night Eating Syndrome symptom).

I didn't eat. I went back to sleep. This is HUGE for me.

I put the weight back on in large part due to my nighttime eating troubles/disorder. My sleep troubles started with menopause, and the eating compulsion came when I was stressed out and travelling a lot when my mother was dying in 2010. I have felt compelled to eat at night since then, every night, and have very rarely slept through the night in that time period.

And now I've had two days in a row of sleeping pretty well and not eating once during sleep time. I'm amazed and I'm hopeful that it is a lasting change.

I am tracking my food so I can hopefully figure out what is doing it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #79
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Emel, that is awesome!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
This thread caught my eye. I know my problem has a lot to do with my "head" hunger. I also believe that what we eat can also trigger cravings as others have said.

I had been seeing a therapist for 6 yrs or so and feel as though I was at a stall for several issues, one being food. I switched to another person a few weeks ago and I am doing a weekly group therapy called DBT for 14 weeks. It was suggested that I try this because of my "black and white" thinking. Not only with food but other issues as well.

As far as food, I too have said, well, I have blown it now might as well throw in the towel.

I will check out the Brain over Diet book and the Dr. Gullo and others mentioned.

I tried to read the Diet Cure but, I am so confused on supplementation and what I should be taking that it is mind boggling. I have stopped buying magazines. I did this about a year ago. I seemed to pick up the latest magazine with whatever weight loss plan was on the cover. It is all the same basically. I don't know why I thought there would be one more "magic" cure. I still have many eating plan books though and can still get caught up in those. Especially when there is conflicting information (raw, vegan, versus paleo) etc.

Anyways, I am here. I am so thankful for those of you who have posted comments that have nothing to do with food.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #81

Although I am quite busy getting ready for a trip right now, vli, I would be happy to help you hammer out the Diet Cure recommendations tailored for your needs when i get back.

Let's revisit here in a week, shall we?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #82

Found this interesting, thought some of you may too.

4 Ways to Prevent a Late-Night Binge

Find out when you're probably jonesing for junk food the most--and how to curb the urge Find out when you're probably jonesing for junk food the most--and how to curb the urge When you're tempted to dive face-first into a bag of chips could be tied to your body's circadian rhythm: Cravings for sweet, salty, and starchy foods peak in the evening, when hunger levels are also at their highest, according to a new study in the journal Obesity.

Researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston kept 12 healthy people in a controlled lab environment to track how circadian rhythms impact food behaviors. What they found? Regardless of what time the subjects woke up or when they'd had their last meal, their desire for sweet, salty, and starchy foods peaked around 8 p.m., as did their feelings of hunger. The takeaway? Our body's internal clock has a pre-scheduled effect on our appetite, and it wants us to eat more in the evening.

While it's not clear why this happens, the researchers have a theory. "From an evolutionary perspective, it sort of makes sense," says senior study author Steven Shea, PhD, director of the Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology at Oregon Health & Science University. When evolving humans faced periods of famine, those who could easily store their food as fat had a better chance of survival. As it turns out, our bodies are more likely to store food as fat when we stuff our faces in the p.m. instead of the a.m. In fact, previous research has shown that people who eat their largest meal in the morning lose more weight than people who save it for the end of the day--even if their overall calorie intake is the same, says Shea.

These days, binging late at night is no longer a handy survival mechanism--it's just unhealthy. Luckily, your circadian rhythms don't have to have the last word on when you're tempted to eat. Pam Peeke, MD, author of The Hunger Fix, suggests ways to beat back a powerful craving--or prevent it from happening at all.

Go to bed earlier

The study indicates that people are staying up later, when your hunger levels are at their peak. You may not be able to help being a night owl, depending on your work schedule, but whenever you can, try nipping this problem in the bud by going to bed earlier. That way you'll be asleep when your food cravings are at their strongest. Plus, research shows that just getting enough shuteye also helps you make healthier food choices throughout the day and lowers your risk of obesity.

Don't eat in front of the tube

When you plop yourself in front of the latest episode of Game of Thrones, don't let a bag of chips keep you company. You'll be so focused on what's happening on the screen, you may lose track of how much you're shoveling into your mouth. "Put yourself on red alert that this is the time when major overeating takes place," says Peeke. Instead of snacking while you watch, save TV for after dinner. Let it be your reward for polishing off a healthy meal.

Pop a stick of mint gum

This trick does triple-duty to curb cravings: Chewing gum keeps your mouth busy, it tastes good, and it signals to your brain that you're content. Just the act of chewing sends blood rushing to your hypothalamus, says Peeke, which causes your brain to release the feel-good chemical serotonin. Suddenly, demolishing a candy bar doesn't feel quite as necessary for your mental health. Sugar-free peppermint gum is best: According to research out of Wheeling Jesuit University, just the smell of peppermint can make you feel less hungry and consume fewer calories.

If you have to indulge, eat a small portion of a high-quality snack

You're not a robot. It's okay to give into the occasional craving now and then, says Peeke. Just limit your snack to 150 calories, and make it count. Instead of opting for the crappy chocolate bar at the checkout counter, try nibbling on a small piece of organic chocolate. It's more likely to contain high-powered antioxidants, and the strong chocolate-y taste will satisfy your sweet tooth, says Peeke. The same rule applies to any of your no-go foods: When you have to indulge, go ahead and treat yourself. Just go for high-quality and stick to small serving sizes.

Written by Amary Wiggin, Women's Health

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 06-25-2013 at 11:35 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #83

Other than not eating in front of the tv, which has never been a habit of mine, none of those would work for me.
I can tell myself to do all of those things, but they don't touch the compulsion to eat.
And gum is the kiss of death for me--- the sugar alcohols in it really whack out my cravings.

If those hints work for people, great. But if you're like me, all the fabulous hints in the world won't work because our cravings are a signal that something is missing in our nutrition, or our insulin is out of whack, causing us to crave/be compelled to eat.

Just my two cents, maybe your two cents are different, and I respect that.

ETA and the 'go to bed earlier' one really gets me steamed. A lot of people have night eating problems because we have sleep problems. Telling us to go to bed will not make sleep come when you have a sleep problem.

Last edited by emel; 06-25-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

while this is a little off topic,i need help with what to eat when I am sick.
I was doing okay until I caught a cold and sore throat,plus for some reason,looks like I have a tummy bug too(sorry for TMI)
All I want now is crackers and tea.and toasts.
That is how I am used to treating upset tummy and colds when i was little.
I can't make any of the LC crackers since they all contain some sort of nuts and eggs and I am allergic.
I really want to maintain what I lost with so much effort as I go through this.
This is another sad story for me,I lose a couple pounds then get sick and all pounds come back while I try to ride it out.
I have this herb called umcka from whole foods,it works so wonderful for colds esp the severity and length of colds,but they come with added sugar.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I know I have said this before but my magor problem is eating when I read.
I was doing so well on JUDDD till some emotional problems came up and I got
back into my eating when I read. Well I only ate at the table today and my
first JUDDD down day in a long time went realy easy.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbella View Post
while this is a little off topic,i need help with what to eat when I am sick.
I was doing okay until I caught a cold and sore throat,plus for some reason,looks like I have a tummy bug too(sorry for TMI)
All I want now is crackers and tea.and toasts.
That is how I am used to treating upset tummy and colds when i was little.
I can't make any of the LC crackers since they all contain some sort of nuts and eggs and I am allergic.
I really want to maintain what I lost with so much effort as I go through this.
This is another sad story for me,I lose a couple pounds then get sick and all pounds come back while I try to ride it out.
I have this herb called umcka from whole foods,it works so wonderful for colds esp the severity and length of colds,but they come with added sugar.
Have you tried flax seed crackers? No eggs, and no nuts. Flackers is one brand. They are really easy to make,though.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

but wouldn't flax aggravate my tummy problem with all the fiber?
I don't remember seeing those Flackers anywhere though.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Ya know, I have taken to fasting right through illnesses, especially of the tummy variety. I got really pukey sick for about a day and a half a couple of months ago and ended up fasting for around 48 hours. It actually didn't feel bad and I lost four pounds and didn't even gain it right back. The time before that I did it, I lost a couple of pounds, but gained it back.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Rubidoux, immediately after reading your post I ordered Binge over Brain - I should receive it this week. Thank you!

I am a weekend binger - or should I say, "if I'm not at work, I'm in trouble" binger.

Thanks again to everyone for your input and encouragement.
Oh good! I hope it helps!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
Other than not eating in front of the tv, which has never been a habit of mine, none of those would work for me.
I can tell myself to do all of those things, but they don't touch the compulsion to eat.
And gum is the kiss of death for me--- the sugar alcohols in it really whack out my cravings.

If those hints work for people, great. But if you're like me, all the fabulous hints in the world won't work because our cravings are a signal that something is missing in our nutrition, or our insulin is out of whack, causing us to crave/be compelled to eat.

Just my two cents, maybe your two cents are different, and I respect that.

ETA and the 'go to bed earlier' one really gets me steamed. A lot of people have night eating problems because we have sleep problems. Telling us to go to bed will not make sleep come when you have a sleep problem.
Just posted the article for those who MAY have been interested and who it MAY help. All of us are different and get different help from different sources. If someone gets help from this information I posted than it's a good thing to me.

And we ALL have different reasons for our binging. I don't binge because I'm craving something. I binge just to eat, even stuff I really don't like that much. If it's there and I'm in a binge, it gets eaten, so I truly don't believe my binges come from something missing in my nutrition or that my insulin is out of whack.

My motto in life for most things is live and let live; we all find our way in the way we need to find it and sometimes one little sentence can help.

Hopefully this article did help someone.