Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Low Carb to STOP Binge Eating (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/805737-low-carb-stop-binge-eating.html)

tobelowcarber 06-08-2013 11:09 AM

Low Carb to STOP Binge Eating

Anyone up for the challenge? Let's get rid of carb binging by staying low-carb.

I really need to get my eating under control. My latest experiment with eating moderate carb while doing JUDDD failed miserably. I am having a very hard time getting on the low carb train again. I know that once I am on it for some time, it will help with binging. My challenge is to stay low carb and stay away from honey, nuts and yogurt. These are the foods I binge on. I can't have them in moderation, so I have to completely stay away from them.

Anyone wants to join me? I am starting tomorrow. Today, I already messed up really badly. I will try my best to stay carb free tonight and will be prepearing my meat and eggs for tomorrow.

saltnpepper 06-09-2013 07:35 AM

Hi tobelowcarber. I could have written your post. Really. I just lose control when sugar is in the mix.

Anyway, I would like to join you. But I will be having company this week, and in and out a lot. So I will try to do my best. But I may not be posting every day.

Either way, I hope you don't give up. (easy for me to say :hugs:) I have given up 10 times and started over and over again.

A

tobelowcarber 06-09-2013 09:31 AM

:welcome: saltnpepper! Check-in whenever you can

Today is day 1 and I am sticking to meat and eggs. Will probably do this for the next few days till I start missing veggies.

jeaniem 06-09-2013 09:37 AM

I'll join you Marika. I had a spoonful of yogurt in my morning protein shake, but I will eat strict low carb the rest of the day. I want to commit initially to 90 days and then go from there, since my best binge free period ever was 6 months, I'll break it down into smaller goals for now.

Goals:
90 days binge free- June 9- Sept 6.
Walk 2-4 miles daily/strength train 2x weekly

tobelowcarber 06-09-2013 10:00 AM

:welcome: Jeanie!

Portia 06-09-2013 10:05 AM

I have a lot more to lose than the rest of you, but I'm in!

tobelowcarber 06-09-2013 10:06 AM

:welcome: Jes!

xSihayax 06-09-2013 01:40 PM

Hi all! I started today, I could use the support :)

Goal: Carbs under 25 per day (2 weeks)

-Suzie

tobelowcarber 06-09-2013 02:29 PM

:welcome: Suzie!

Today was a good day. I had no desire to binge. I ate :
egg salad on oopsie rolls
lamb burgers on oopsie rolls with mayo

Almost zero carb (3 carbs from eggs)

jeaniem 06-09-2013 05:29 PM

Good day today, didn't quite go as low carb as I had planned but at least no binging.

Just looked at our vacation pics DH took of me and let's just say I am not happy. I knew I had gained some weight but didn't realize how much:mad:

tobelowcarber 06-10-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16463197)
Good day today, didn't quite go as low carb as I had planned but at least no binging.

Just looked at our vacation pics DH took of me and let's just say I am not happy. I knew I had gained some weight but didn't realize how much:mad:

I know pictures can be brutal. We look different in the mirror than in the pictures. Don't worry, you will start looking better when the binges go away. I know if I did not binge I would have been at my goal a very long time.
Good for you for not binging yesterday :high5:

jeaniem 06-10-2013 08:52 AM

I have come to realize that at my age (will be 52 soon), that I am definitely not able to handle these blood sugar spikes from carb binging. I get sickly hungry and feel like I am going to throw up if I don' eat something fast. I noticed while on vacation this year that I had to eat every couple of hours or I felt sick and lightheaded. In past years when I was eating LC more consistently I could go several hours without food and be fine, I would get a little annoyed with DH when he wanted to eat 3 meals a day and snack. Just a reminder that even the SAD increases my appetite- even when not binging.

tobelowcarber 06-10-2013 10:36 AM

That's so true, Jeanie. When I stick to low carb I can go few hours without food and even when I get hungry I don't get shaky feeling like I get when I eat carbs.

saltnpepper 06-10-2013 12:22 PM

Hi everyone...

Well yesterday was very bad. I made cookies for the company, and LC cookies for me. I still binged...I ate like 8 LC cookies. Which in my book equals lbs...and just not healthy.

So the next few days will be hard...but I am mentally prepping for eating very clean LC, when everyone leaves.

Love the ideal of this challenge.

Anna

saltnpepper 06-10-2013 12:26 PM

jeaniem said
Quote:

I have come to realize that at my age (will be 52 soon), that I am definitely not able to handle these blood sugar spikes from carb binging. I get sickly hungry and feel like I am going to throw up if I don' eat something fast. I noticed while on vacation this year that I had to eat every couple of hours or I felt sick and lightheaded. In past years when I was eating LC more consistently I could go several hours without food and be fine, I would get a little annoyed with DH when he wanted to eat 3 meals a day and snack. Just a reminder that even the SAD increases my appetite- even when not binging.

You are so right about that. I am 55 (don't feel like it) LOL. That's why it's so important to take care of ourselves. :D Same goes for you younger ones too.

Anna

tobelowcarber 06-10-2013 02:17 PM

Anna- it happens to all of us. I am sure it is challenging when you have the company. I hate to explain to everyone what am I eating and why. At least you mentally preparing yourself to start.

tobelowcarber 06-10-2013 02:20 PM

2 days under the belt. I have been sticking to VLC today as well. I ate scrambled eggs with lamb burger for lunch and same for dinner, lunch was chopped roasted turkey breast with mayo and little chopped onion. Carbs less than 10 gr. Also, walked for 45 min.

Jes, Jeanie and Suzie- wow is going?

xSihayax 06-10-2013 02:56 PM

So far so good..I been keeping carbs under 25, lots of protein, I had a bit of a headache today but I know is because I am cleaning up my system.
Now I am making some dinner, I decided to do stuffed zucchini w/meat and some cheese :)

jeaniem 06-10-2013 03:07 PM

Doing okay here, but I am miserable. The cravings are driving me crazy along with hot flashes and anxiety. I just have to keep reminding myself that carbs only create more problems.

jeaniem 06-11-2013 11:20 AM

Blew it today:( I need to find a way to stop this self destruction!!!

tobelowcarber 06-11-2013 11:54 AM

Jeanie :hugs::hugs::hugs: Oh, I hate when those pesky cravings are so strong that we can't help it. The carbs only make us feel good for such a short period of time and than there is guilt and more cravings that follow. I am sorry you had a bad day. Tomorrow is another day and you can do better. We are not perfect and the hiccups will happen along the way. I am scared of the binging monster myself. I have been good the past 3 days but I am aware that the cravings can come back any moment. All I can do is to have fridge full of low carb foods prepared. I am only eating my favorite low carb foods now and eat till I am satisfied. Take care, Jeanie :hugs:

tobelowcarber 06-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSihayax (Post 16464516)
So far so good..I been keeping carbs under 25, lots of protein, I had a bit of a headache today but I know is because I am cleaning up my system.
Now I am making some dinner, I decided to do stuffed zucchini w/meat and some cheese :)

Good job, Suzie. I am also having a headache and feeling fatigued. It is a carb withdraw.

springalong 06-11-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobelowcarber (Post 16461584)
Anyone up for the challenge? Let's get rid of carb binging by staying low-carb.

I really need to get my eating under control. My latest experiment with eating moderate carb while doing JUDDD failed miserably. I am having a very hard time getting on the low carb train again. I know that once I am on it for some time, it will help with binging. My challenge is to stay low carb and stay away from honey, nuts and yogurt. These are the foods I binge on. I can't have them in moderation, so I have to completely stay away from them.

Anyone wants to join me? I am starting tomorrow. Today, I already messed up really badly. I will try my best to stay carb free tonight and will be prepearing my meat and eggs for tomorrow.

A little late to the party but I want to join too!! :shake: Need the extra nudges big time!!!

tobelowcarber 06-11-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springalong (Post 16466002)
A little late to the party but I want to join too!! :shake: Need the extra nudges big time!!!

:welcome: Spring The party just began. Jump right in :)

jeaniem 06-11-2013 04:06 PM

Thanks Marika. My sister and I are joining TOPS tomorrow, hopefully that will help.

xSihayax 06-12-2013 03:27 PM

Doing good so far, how is everyone?

tobelowcarber 06-12-2013 03:46 PM

After 3 days of no carbs, I was cravings some carbs today. I was able to stay away from honey which seems to be the biggest trigger for me. Probably ate more fruits than I should have but at least I did not binge. Back to very low carb tomorrow.

shapeup 06-12-2013 05:03 PM

HI, Can I join in. I also need help with carbs. every time I start low carb. my DH wants pizza, chips ect..

So I made some flax meal muffins yes low carb. but I ate 4 all ready.

Tomorrow I will try my best to stay very low carb.
protein shake for breakfast.
chicken breast fries in Coconut oil for lunch & dinner.

Carol

tobelowcarber 06-12-2013 06:05 PM

:welcome: Carol!

Would you mind posting your flax muffin recipe. I have to never tried baking with flax. I usually use almond flour.

tobelowcarber 06-13-2013 12:47 PM

How is everyone?

I am changing my plan a bit. Going back to JUDD but doing moderate carbs on some days. I am still in this challenge, just not doing it VLC every day.

Since I stopped eating honey on Sunday, I have not binged. I really have to keep myself away from honey, otherwise I can't stop binging.