Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
South Beach Vets - Chapter 6 - June 2013

New month!
Where is summer?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/187/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Good morning Girls,
Well I am back to real life today! I got some serious sun, my face is red lol, it will be tan in a few days though. We had an awesome time in Cali and now of course Michael wants to buy a boat lol. I said we have this thing called kids that take all our extra money, we cant afford a boat, maybe when the kids are grown and gone lol, or at least the 3 older ones, we have 6 years!

Anyway, I am down to 2 weeks from today till I leave for Hawaii, got time to heal this sunburn just in time to get more I stepped on the scales this morning and managed to gain 5 pds while on the trip. Im sure a lot of it is water weight and prob dehyrdration and what not, I am not going to go back on my HCG right now, I am just going to do low carb for these next 2 weeks and see how much I can take back off in that time frame.

My car still isnt fixed, I am hoping to get it into the tire shop today, but my new rim they had to order hasnt come in yet, I have to check back this afternoon. I had to take the train into work this morning, that sucked, hopefully the rim comes today and I can be done with this car mess for now!

Back to work for me, I have to get caught up with paperwork and emails and what not, have a great week ladies.

Kelly
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am sorry I didn't post a link to the new thread.
It seems they close out the monthly threads now at the end of the month, so I will maybe need to start the new thread right before the end of the month.

Kelly - glad you had a great time. I had some car trouble over the weekend - it died - was towed and found out it was the alternator and battery. It's always $$.

I am hanging in there - wedding about 16 days out - but it's just one thing after another. Did I tell you that DH invited his whole family up here to GB from Milwaukee after the wedding? WTH? So now I need to worry about the shape of my house before I head to Milwaukee as well as beds made and food in the house. I could just pound him.

Then something happened at work yesterday that I don't want to go into right now - I am pretty upset about it and am investigating something - makes you really question who you can trust. I did confront a couple of my team mates, but I think the one I didn't have a chance to talk to is behind this issue.

Hope you have a great Tuesday!!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Well I was back down to 168 this morning. I am just going to do low carb till I leave for Hawaii and that should work out just fine, if I really stick to it, I am sure I can go below my siggy weight in the next 13 days That would be nice to break into the 150s!

I bought my swimsuit cover up today, it was the last thing I needed before my trip. Cant belive its only 13 days away.

My older son is officially done with 8th grade tomorrow, hes all excited to go into high school! Makes me feel old lol. He is going to play football as a freshman, which he has never played before, makes me nervous cause I know they can get hurt easily Tina- I remember your son and his concussions, not fun!

Then lil man will be done with Kindergarten in a week from today. Then finally in the fall I will have 2 full time kids in school, that should cut down on my daycare bill a bunch which will be nice

Not much else going on in my world. I hope everyone is doing well, Wiz and Tina, where are you gals?

I am heading to the store tonight to check out the So Delicious Coconut ice cream, has anyone tried it, everyone is raving about it on the main boards and they are saying it doesnt kick them out of ketosis!! I am going to see if I can find it at my local store.

Here is todays menu:

b- low carb scramble
s- cashews
l- pork roast and steamed cauliflower
s- pork rinds and nacho cheese dip
d- tuna salad over spinach

Kelly
Old 06-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Kelly - I hope Tina and Wiz find their way!
I wasn't able to post the link in the old thread!

I am hanging in there - kinda doing a tweaked version of Atkins I guess. I am feeling better.....incorporated weights and am cutting back on cardio - when you get to my age (ahem), I think I am understanding about strength training vs cardio and why it makes a difference.

Kelly - I bet you are looking forward to your trip. I think I need some type of real vacation after this wedding!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I was wondering why no new posts were showing up on my control panel page!! Here you all are...

Here's my update:

1. I am having 100 (!!) people to my house on Saturday for a party
2. I have to travel for the next 2 days for business
3. Work stinks
4. 100 people!!

Ha! But the good news is my yard looks awesome. I have done a lot of work getting it shipshape. Pots are planted, beds are mulched and tons of transplanting has been done.

Cindy, uh oh, looks like lots of drama: car repairs, wedding stress and work issues. Hang in there.

Kelly, nice deal...CA, then HI!! Sounds like you are doing well with the low carb eating until your next (!!) vacation.

Gotta run, heading to train station - back late on Thursday night. And I am taking Friday off to cook and clean.

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Weight loss is still going well ,I am only 1 pd away from my siggy weight.

I made this amazing lemon cake last night, its low carb, made with almond flour and ricotta and lemon juice and zest, if anyone wants the recipe let me know!~ I ate it with just whipped topping on top, but you could also make a sf glaze that would be good too.

I have to drive out and pick up DS14 after work tonight, he is bringing 2 friends, tomorrow is baseball all day, double header. Then a BBQ at a friends house Saturday night. So it will be a busy weekend, but at least we have nice weather, its been in the 80's.

Have a great weekend ladies, good luck on your party Wiz

Kelly
Old 06-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!!

We're in the middle of a monsoon here....just absolutely pouring all day. Thank goodness we didn't get this weather tomorrow. It's supposed to be 80 and partly cloudy (fingers crossed!) on Saturday. I'll tell you all one thing, there's no way I am cleaning my floors because I have a feeling there will be mud all over the place tomorrow night.

We usually have a Kentucky Derby party but couldn't this year due to another commitment - so we are having a Belmont Bash instead. Wish you all lived closer, would love to have you here!

I did sneak out from cooking and cleaning to get a pedicure!! No mani, my nails are little stubs from all of my gardening.

Kelly, that cake sounds great. I love lemon. Please do post it.

FYI. I am off to Dallas next week, not really looking forward to it...
Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Here is that recipe, the only tweak I would make to it, is maybe add some lemon extract to it, it wasnt quite lemoney enough I dont think:

Lemon Ricotta Almond Cake

Ingredients

2 cups Almond Meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Xylitol or other alternative sweetener equivalent.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 16-oz tub (2 cups) whole milk ricotta
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp)

Instructions

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease/butter/oil a 9-inch cake pan.
2.) Using the metal blade, combine the ricotta, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and sweetener in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and well blended.
3.) Add the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Process until well blended and smooth.
5.) Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until the cake is completely puffed up, no longer “jiggly” in the center, and very golden on the edges.
6.) Cool cake completely and thoroughly chill in fridge before serving. Chilling overnight is best, but we haven't been able to wait yet.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

All things wedding this weekend............
Old 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heading to airport very early tomorrow! Party was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. I am SO tired today.

Kelly, thanks for posting. It sounds great.

Cindy, you are in the home stretch for the wedding, how exciting!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
Well I didnt weigh in this morning, stayed over at Michaels last night and I ate horribly yesterday! I made the whole crew biscuits and gravy for bfast and of course I ate some, its one of my all time fav meals! Then had fast food for lunch and then we went out for dinner and had Italian and of course I drank some wine lol. So of course I was wayyyy over on the carb intake yesterday, but back on the wagon this week, I leave in exactly 7 days for Hawaii!! Cant wait Kinda sad though, my best friend that is going with me was in a car wreck and her back is all jacked up, shes on all kinds of pain meds and what not, so I dont think she is going to be able to do all the activities, sucks for her cause this is her first time going to Hawaii.

Anyway, tonight isnt going to be fun, my mom who is still living with me has fallen off the wagon with booze, I have to tell her to get out and take that mess somewhere else, cause she is not doing it at my house. Never an easy thing to do!! I guess I dont understand how some people have no self control what so ever.

Happy Monday everyone!!

Kelly
Old 06-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #13
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wedding week!

Where is everyone?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #14
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cindy, I'm here! We had an intentionally low key weekend here. I leave today for my 4th straight week of business travel and I am just exhausted from it. I eat too much, I don't sleep well and my execise routine is shot.

So exciting about the wedding!! I have to ask...since your daughter is a photographer, who is taking her wedding photos? I'm sure that had to be a tough choice because of her own expertise and wanting everything to be just so.

I think Kelly is in Hawaii this week, right?

Haven't heard from Miss Tina in a while.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yep Kelly's in Hawaii.

There was only one choice for DD for her photographer; the same one that did DD25's.
She does great work.

I haven't been sleeping well, and I had a minor anxiety attack last night. I need a real vacation!

And............it's a BOY!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am SO happy to report that 4 straight weeks of business travel are done! If all goes well I will be home for the next 3 weeks, although that 3rd week is looking a bit iffy.

And I don't know about you guys, but I am definitely doing a few Phase 1 days to get back into the swing of things. In fact, I was thrilled to make my egg beaters this morning and have a salad planned for lunch. Just good, normal SBD food.

Cindy, I loved all the photos from the wedding. Your dress was gorgeous. And of course, your daughter was stunning.

Kelly, looks like you are having awesome time in HI. Not sure when you get home.

Tina, everything okay?? Haven't heard from you for a while...

And I have to 'fess up - I didn't weigh in this morning. I need a Phase 1 day before I am willing to see the damage.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
Queen Bargain Shopper

I have been SO off plan since mid last week.
Not bad off plan, but not normal food that I usually eat.

Thanks Wiz.
Still trying to get wedding pics that we took also.
Didn't get enough as I was all over the place.

Back to it for me tomorrow too!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weighed in...you know what? It wasn't that bad! I am still down 7 lbs since Jan. 1 and only 2 lbs above my low 2013 weight. I'll take it. And given that I will be home for the next couple of weeks, I should be able to get that 2 lbs off.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I made it home super late last night and with the 3 hour time change, I should have taken today off work, I am exhausted! Trying not to fall asleep at my desk, but knew I would have a ton of emails to catch up on.

Im sure you saw all my pics on FB, we had a great time, but it will feel nice to sleep in my own bed tonight Im sure I will be in bed by 8 lol.

My mom that has been living with me has decided to move to Texas, so that gets her out of my hair, she has an old friend who lives there whos health is failing and needs help with cooking and cleaning etc, so mom will take care of that in exchange for a place to stay, now I just have to figure out how to get her from here to there, looking at bus or one way air tics now. It never ends I swear lol.

Cindy- I bet you are relieved that the wedding is over, back to normal life now!! and Congrats on the grandbaby, do they have a name picked out yet?

Wiz- After the travels I have had recently I dont know how you do it all the time, the time changes and re-adjusting, I guess that takes some getting used too! I would be tired a lot.

Tina- Where the heck are you girl?

Kelly
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelly, nice to have you back!! Looks like you had a super time.

FYI. Eating is going well this week, same with the exercise. Hope to see good results for my Friday weigh-in...
Old 07-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #21
Queen Bargain Shopper

New thread!

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 7 - July 2013
Closed Thread