Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Kritter, I googled the doctor from Dark Shadows, OMG, reminds me of Tim Curry from Rocky. The 60's makeup was scary!
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
kritter - I so agree about eating out. I was so disappointed the last time we ate out that I would just rather have something at home. It just seemed totally flavorless. Must be my taste buds have changed.
And I think ttapp is one of the best if I can just make time to do it. I used to do it in the evening but right now as soon as we get all the outside chores finished it is bedtime.
And DH bought another bottle calf yesterday at the sale and the little devil slurped down his whole bottle the first feeding. Started crying for his breakfast at 6am. We could hear him in the house.
Taking a break from loading my car. Got a lot more stuff to pack in there since today is our last day here. We are determined to get out unless our helpers can't come until tomorrow.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Awe that poor calf was hungry.

Dak, wasn't Grayson Hall a hoot? She always flubbed her lines too. I made braised short ribs today that came out amazing. Falling off the bone tender. I had planned on taking them out 1/2 way through cooking to add some herbs but when I pulled them out, they were finished.

I went to the dentist today to get 1 cap and 2 fillings replaced. I was there for 2 hours and now that the numbness is wearing off, my mouth is killing me. I don't know what hurts more, my jaw from having it open for 2 hours or the place where he gave me the needles.

I better take some advil now to try to get ahead of it.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope your teeth feel better in the morning! Thanks for mentioning ribs, I keep thinking of doing beef, but honestly, I haven't cooked beef for such a long time I'm afraid of ruining it somehow. I do have a good thermometer, I know if I just keep an eye on the temp, I should be fine.

I stopped by your blog, Adi, what a lot of goats you must have now, all those cute babies! Will you be showing in the fair this year? I'm thinking of entering my garlic & maybe some tomatoes. The garlic I left in the ground longer was much larger than my earlier harvest, I'm still learning.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi all!

SO psyched to make that ice cream! DH very interested in coconut oil and made his first BP coffee the other night.

Are you putting chocolate PROTEIN powder in Dak?

Adi- Have an amazing trip!!!!

I am reading fifty shades of grey - oh my! It makes one blush for sure.

I did a great LC day Monday, not as great Tuesday and am aiming to do great today. Been lifting weights but not getting much cardio in. I am allowing myself to sleep in a little and then it is way too hot and humid outside.

2 youngest DS are off to a golf tournament today, so alone with oldest DS. Should be nice.

So, to solve my garden problem I bought an owl statue. It is solar operated and turns it's head occasionally. No more tomatoes have been eaten! LOL My plants have taken off. AND I have too little baby jalapenos. Very excited!

Hope you are feeling better Krit!

Dak, hope your neck is better, I hate it when I do that!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've not seen the solar owls, what a great idea! The blinking solar red light I have has been great at keeping the deer out of my garden though.

My neck isn't painful anymore, but still very creaky. I'm hoping that by avoiding gluten l'll be able to manage the inflammation better. Avoiding bread but still being able to eat fruit and potatoes has been great!

Did your DH drink the BPC at night? Does he work a night shift? Any coffee after 2pm is dangerous for me. On my last order, I decided to try the BP coffee beans. OK, it's not the dark roast I love, and I really don't like a particular flavor in it, but OMG, I can definitely feel a difference, it really kicks my brain up a notch. I may order the 5 pounds next time.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I decided to do baby back ribs, I'm trying a 3, 2, 1 recipe, 3 hours on smoke, 2 hours wrapped in foil, then 1 hour with sauce. Not having to deal with maintaining the fire on the Traeger sure makes barbequing/smoking a lot easier.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made the BP ice cream today in chocolate, texture was much better this time, and light, almost like a mousse. And the ribs I did turned out great! Had a really nice birthday dinner here at the house with DS & his GF.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Here is our new July thread.
~~LCMW~~JULY EDITION!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote