Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #181
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Kelly - how many will be in his room? DS20 does a lot of the cooking because he likes too.
I used to get bent out of shape over who was paying for what groceries, but since it didn't seem to bother the guys, I gave up!

Debbie - Loyola's are on a swipe card too, they just have a name!
The kids will appreciate their home more if they pay for the repairs a little at a time as they can afford it instead of moving into the "perfect" house!

Cindy - glad you can follow DD around Europe!!!

Becky - how are you feeling? Better?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
I got a shot and 16 days of prednisone. Since I was on it before she's doing a longer taper, ending it with 4 days of 1/2 pill each day. I got it filled and ready to start them tomorrow

Watching brain games with John. We love this series.

Debbie, we dishy do repairs til our income tax came in the next year. Is it something they can live with til they can get them done or do they need done now to make it livable?

I have the the girls all afternoon tomorrow starting at 1030 sinking and Cory can have lunch. I hope it doesn't rain so I can mow while they play outside.

Cindy, what did she buy her nephew? I remember buying things for my niece cuz I was thrilled to be an aunt. She is the one doing races with us,

My ear broke out with ivy today, where the new piercing is. Ugh! Pain and itching at the same time! That's like mixed messages.

Better go
Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Becky, you really are suffering. Sorry!

The house has smokers in it so they need to paint everything and pull up the carpets. Really it isn't much carpet. There are issues with moisture in the basement. The home owner is getting the sump pump fixed or replacing. The gutters are full of leaves so my son plans to clean them and extend drainage from down spouts. If this works that is great. If not they need to do some grading in the back. They won't fix the down stairs up right away. The floor is ceramic tile. The walls paneled and drop ceiling. There is another partially finished area that really isn't heated and a big laundry room. The basement half bath is fine for now. The upstairs is three bedrooms. Mirsa wants to carpet them since they are hardwood. The baths are original 1959 baths but all function. Ultimately they will update the two full one half baths. None are big. So when they move in it will be paint, floors, update electric and deal with possible drainage and foundation issues first.

Mirsa has a BIL who does construction, one who owns a paving company, a cousin who paints, one who sells flooring and one who is a plumber. They all know people. They still have to pay people but they won't pay as much.

Change of subject. Becca is having shower #2 August 3 here but not at my house. Her family is throwing it. We will buy the cake( not a Costco cake but from expensive bakery Becca wants). Is it wrong that I don't want to invite a lot of my friends who will be at the wedding?I feel bad asking for gifts twice. Can I invite friends I decided not to invite to the wedding since I cut my list down more?? One women also had a small wedding for her son and didn't invite us. I sent him a gift. She did have a party here for people not invited to the wedding.

My friend Ruth comes at 12:30 tomorrow. We grew up next door to each other and she truly was my best friend.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #184

My sweet granddaughter spent the afternoon with me yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #185

Also posted on FB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (45.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #186
Big Yapper!!!!

Isabella's pictures are so cute!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #187
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Love Isabella pics!
Debbie - DDs friend had two showers - which remember we discussed - one would have been plenty and invite everyone to that one - BUT - it was two total different guest lists. If her family is throwing it, then you don't have to invite anyone you don't want to. Also - lots of folks that get invited to wedding do not get invited to shower. I say you invite whoever you are comfortable inviting.

Off to work. DH and I have done nothing all week - after the weekend we said we have to find some things to do at night.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #188

Being lazy when I need to clean my house and go to grocery. My friend won't think my house is dirty.

Cindy, you will find things to do. Work in the gardens, take a walk,go for a motorcycle ride.

I guess between work and running we don't have much free time. When your grandson comes you will be busy.

I am not sure what we will do when we retire.
Of course it won't happen for a long time if we keep spending money.

I just signed up for at least 24 hours of extra work over the next month. I want to save sme money for the wedding.

When it comes to the shower this will be her family here and supposedly mine.
My aunt will be at the Lake but I will ask her and her daughter that lives here.
I will ask my neighbor and a few running friends. I just hate people spending money on two gifts. I may have 5 people and me. Two are my DIL and DS22's GF and they will not buy gifts. I will put their name on something I will buy.

I better get moving. Need to plan meals.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Debbie- She is getting so darn big! Time is really flying!

Becky-what kind of party are you having? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Cindy-It's hard not to buy baby stuff, isn't it?

Kelly-It does sound like you are keeping busy!

Mk-Hi!

So blasted hot here. Even this early, it is hot. Very humid. It rained last night, but it didn't help at all.

We are finishing gearing up for my MIL's baby sister and her husband. They will be arriving late this afternoon for a visit. Very excited to see them!

In other news, I started something new with my eating. I had to do something. Overweight to begin with, I somehow added 10 more pounds. So not happy about that. I started Monday and am down 2 1/2 pounds so far. Hopefully things will continue to move downward!

Hope you ladies have a great day...I am off to finish getting ready for the visit!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #190
Queen Bargain Shopper

Lola was limping so only took Artie for a walk.
I am procrastinating getting ready.

Debbie - by the time I get home from work, work out if I need to, make, eat and clean up dinner - I am beat. I usually don't get home till like 5:15......the last thing I want to do is do something else.....DH gets home at about 4:30 and sits......something is wrong with that picture. I don't go on the motorcycle because of my back, and as of right now - not interested in flowers or gardening.....so we are trying to figure out something like biking (pedal) or tennis, or something to do even on weekends. Not sure what we will do when we retire either - although it won't happen for MANY years - and with helping DD with school loans and a wedding behind us - I am thinking I should get a pt job!

It never ends.........

Jenn - I really need to regroup as well - it's the same 10 lbs up, down, up, down. And on us shorties.......I think this weekend I am going to figure out just WHAT......SB, Atkins, Paleo.....I have to get serious. Good for you with what you are doing - that is GREAT!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #191

Good weight loss Jen!

I haven't been on the scale in weeks. Got on today and weight good but probably still dehydrated from my run last night.

I have made progress. I showered and made my bed. I will put away laundry next and fold more. Plus I need to pay bills and get something for dinner. I am thinking a stir fry I can make before running tonight.

I need to find a gluten free recipe so will check Pinterest. You can't eat soy on gluten free.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #192

Cindy, gardening bothers my back.

Maybe you can talk him into an evening easy walk.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, ladies! I'm very pleased. I just hope it's not a fluke!

Debbie- Both Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids and LaChoy Soy Sauce are both Gluten Free. I use them all the time.

Cindy-as Debbie suggested, a nice easy walk might be nice!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I have definitely hit my exercise goal for today. A couple of friends texted last night to ask if I wanted to walk early this morning before we had much sun (which is good because I got too much sun on yesterday's mid day walk) Anyway, we walked probably between 5 and 6 miles and when I got back and had breakfast my friend I'm walking with texted to say do you want to run, so I did that too. (we ran 2.3 and walked a little more than 2 miles)
I've been eating a little too much junk with the kiddos and I'm back to being more careful with what I eat since my shorts are all a little snug. I'm actually going back to atkins induction (staying gf and real foods/minimal dairy)

The boys are out and about and I have dusted and I have laundry going. I need to sweep/mop the floors too since they seem to bring large portions of the beach home every day.

Debbie, I use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce. They are less salty too.
We usually only buy one wedding gift regardless of the number of showers. (Emily Post's etiquette book says that's okay) So, if I take a gift to the shower or give a gift in person we don't take a gift to the wedding. (Make sense?) The important thing is celebrating with the happy couple both before/during/after the wedding.

Jenn, great job on the weight loss!

Cindy, I'm sure you are enjoying your grand-pups while your DD and her hubby are away.
I do like to take a walk, but usually I can't get DH to go with me unless there is a purpose.

Becky, I hope you are less itchy and starting to feel better. What's the deal with the party. I don't remember what the occasion is.

MK, they'll have 2 bedrooms/4 boys. They are excited to have a Sams club membership. This year they just alternated paying for stuff for the room both food and tp/cleaning stuff/whatever. It seemed to work out okay. I had a friend in HS/college that would label things she bought in her kitchen and it was weird, I would much rather see the boys just not worry about it as long as it works out fairly even. They are all athletes and I know they all eat a lot so I doubt anyone will really miss out on food. I'm sure they will eat a lot of PB, eggs, and pasta next year.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #195
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm having a jewelry party on 7/28 so I've been going crazy painting, etc so the house looks nice.

My camper is snoring like crazy. I have her my poison ivy.b Kim's going to take her to the doc tomorrow cuz it's spreading like wildfire like it is on me.

I need to mow in the morning before the next rain hits later tomorrow evening.

In tired, talk to y'all later
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

G'morning, everyone
Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #197
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIF!
I got nothing this weekend!
DH wanted to go on a bike trip......did he forget we have three dogs?

I think the humidity has finally left too!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #198

Nice first day with my childhood friend Ruth. DH posted a photo on FB. She is also a shorty.

I hear her awake downstairs. Better go.

Watched the movie Ray last night. It was good.

Working and have to leave her. She wants me to take her up to town. It is a little over a mile. She needs the drug store and will look around, get Starbucks, frozen yogurt and walk home. We need to stop at the post office so I need to get moving.

Tomorrow taking her with me on my run. It is at Carderpck on the C and O Canal and she can hike while we run. It is beautiful and scenic!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy-enjoy your free time!

Debbie-enjoy your time with Ruth

I'm going to pick Padraic up late this afternoon. I'm so excited...I really miss him!

Think we are having a cookout today with our company. Other than that, I don't think there's much going on.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #200
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Cindy - definitely sounds like you need something low-impact! I keep asking DH to walk with me and he's not interested, so I walk with a friend or by myself while I listen to a book!

Debbie - not sure if I read it correectly, but if you asked about inviting someone to a shower who isn't invited to the wedding - I'd say no. If I got a shower invite, I'd definitely think I was going to be invited to the wedding!

Jenn - congrats on the loss!! Sometimes all it takes is saying no and not making excuses!! And you get to see your baby today!!!

Becky - I hope you all stop itching soon!!!

Debbie - Sounds like you and Ruth have a great day planned!! have fun!!

Kelly - great exercise day!!! Women do seem to obsess over our "stuff" more than guys do!! I was worried last year because every time I'd talk to DS he'd been the one shopping and cooking. I didn't care if he cooked, but I was afraid the other boys weren't contributing at all. I got over it!

I'm finally home tonight after 3 nights in a row out and about.
Massage today along with weight-lifting and errands.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky-oh my! Terrible about your poison ivy...hope it clears up soon!

MK-did you enjoy your night home?

Was so happy to see my boy last night. I came up behind him and I was going to surprise him, but he happened to turn and see me. His face just lit up and he gave me the biggest hug. So sweet! Very glad to be home.

After my excitement of a loss, I had a gain. It's not much, but enough to put me where I'd rather not be. My eating has been pretty OP though...so frustrating! Maybe I just shouldn't weigh everyday!

FIL's birthday is today, plus our company's anniversary. I'm furiously trying to finish the afghan I'm making. Kind of cloudy right now, but if it clears up I'm taking the kids to the pool.

Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Gracie for some oral steroids yesterday too. Poor girl, she's itchy too.

Hoping to get a lot of painting done today! I want to finish up the woodwork at least.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #203
Queen Bargain Shopper

Sorry Becky you are still all suffering!

Jenn - that's the greatest - to see your child light up when they see you and feel that first hug!

Today I am heading out on a walk with Artie, eye exam today and then catching up around here - laundry, maybe groceries......supposed to be iffy weather wise. DH and I may go on a motorcycle ride tomorrow......

DD is in PARIS!!!!! She has got to be beside herself. One of her dreams to go there after taking three years of french........

Regrouping with eating and exercising this weekend - I have been in a limbo for about 6 weeks - I am not going to follow any specific "plan", but no wheat, no sugar, lc, lots of veggies, protein, SOME low sugar fruits.......my morning protein shake fits in and that's been keeping me full.....I am tired of this - <sigh>.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-
I got my "little guy" back from the east coast yesterday too. I think even the cat missed him. It sounded like he had a good time last week.

It sounds like several of us are back to being more careful with what we eat. I went to yoga yesterday and I hadn't been in a long time, I'm sore today, but not as bad as I expected to be.

Cindy, I'm sure your DD is loving Paris. Its a beautiful city. (We went for our 5th anniversary)

Becky, poor Gracie! That poison ivy has been tough to get rid of.

Jenn, so nice to see their happy faces and know they still need you!
Hang in there with the diet, it will come back down if you stay with it.

MK, after yoga yesterday a massage would be good. Instead, I'll probably go for a short run.

Debbie, I saw the pic on fb. Adorable!

Kaye, we miss you!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #205
Princess Proofreader

Happy Saturday!!

DH and I went to the Farmer's Market, Meat Market, library, bank, Cartridge World, . . . all before 10:00am!
Then lunch with DD29, her BF and his son, and then home to enjoy the cool weather and rain!

Kelly - Yay! both your boys are home!! Enjoy!!! The massage was fabulous! My neck would barely more before!

Cindy - DD must be having a great time!! I went to Paris in college and the kids all went at various times in HS. DD26 even went for a J-term class. Amazing city!!!
Your new eating sounds a little paleo - that should be a good fix to get you back on track. Sometimes just eating clean will get the "taste" out of your mouth. Try to stay off alcohol for a couple of weeks too.

I hope the bike ride doesn't hurt your back!! Be careful!

Becky - I hope you all feel better soon!!!

Jenn - that is so sweet! Little boys that love you are the best!!
And yes, I loved my night at home. I was asleep at 9:30!!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #206

I have never been to Paris or Europe at all.

My DS29 tomorrow went in College as part of culinary school.

Busy with my friend. She leaves tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #207
Queen Bargain Shopper

MK - AFTER the weekend, I will cut the alcohol.
I bought some new Blood Orange something or other at the grocery store and sampled them beforehand.....they are amazing!

Debbie- hope you are enjoying your friend there!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

What diet are u following Cindy? I didn't catch it before. As of this past April 10 I have been alcohol free for 2 years. I can't even imagine doing Jenny if I was still drinking like I use to.

Trying to paint the bay window but people can't seem to do things for themselves. I'm so irritated. I have less than a month til my Loa Sophia party and that sounds like a lot hit when you factor in doing stuff for mom and watching the girls and then getting John ready for Canada, I'm starting to stress about it.

Be back later girls
Old 06-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #209
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post

Busy with my friend. She leaves tomorrow.
Loved your pic together on FB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
MK - AFTER the weekend, I will cut the alcohol.
I bought some new Blood Orange something or other at the grocery store and sampled them beforehand.....they are amazing!
The diet guru in me says: NO! There will always be another occasion, so stop now!

The fun part of me says: Oooooo is it the new Mike's?! I saw those at the store and want to try them!!!!

So pick which friend you'd like me to be today!

Becky - send them all away!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

I got the first coat on the bay window. Hoping to get the 2nd coat tomorrow and finish up the woodwork
Closed Thread