Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I saw Cindy on a video. Not sure why it isn't there now. Look at each persons photos by clicking on their name and it is there.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning!

DS15 left for the east coast for a tournament and water polo camp Thursday. He has texted, but tells me he has lousy cell service. The older boys have been there and they told me that is true. I'm sure he's having a blast.

DS19 and his friend still seem to be having fun. They are doing a lot of working out and spending quite a bit of time at the beach. Last night they took the ferry from here to go to the padres game. I have no clue what time they actually got in. We have the extra kid for another week and a half. He's really nice and its been nice having him here. With DS19 so far from home, his friends visiting is really the only way we would ever get to know them.

Cindy, congrats to Melissa and Ryan! I saw a couple of pics on fb, but I don't have instagram.
I loved her dress!
You'll have so much fun with a grandson, boys are a blast! Mine keep me smiling and laughing most of the time. (although girls are a lot more fun to shop for/with)

Becky, you've gotten a lot done lately!
Have fun at the glo run tonight. That sounds like a blast. We are so proud of you!!!

MK, the purse is Yves St. Laurent (yes, I'm majorly spoiled!) I said its too much DH said you love it I can tell, so it came home with me. (and yes, those are the new tory burch shoes too)

Debbie, Congrats to Billy and Mirsa on the house! It sounds like a lot of cosmetic stuff that they can probably figure out how to take care of themselves.
I certainly wouldn't take all of that silver to the shower either, especially when its all coming back to your house anyway.

Jenn & Kaye, pop in and say we miss you both when you don't post!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #153
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Kelly - it depends on if it's the baby duffle spoiled or the classic duffle spoiled!

Either way, great purse!!

DS19 and his friend are probably loving the girl-watching at the beach.
Especially if his friend is from the East coast!

Where is DS15? hopefully not where all the rain storms are!

Debbie - I still can't find Cindy's dress . . . .
Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
My niece and I will be leaving in about 15 minutes for the Glo-run. I'll check in tonight
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #155

Have fun at the Race Becky
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

I shaved 6 minutes off my time of the st Brigid run... I did it in 50 minutes.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #157

Hurray for Becky!!

Off to Richmond and home tonight. Meeting Don and part of HS board in DC for dinner. It is going to be a very long day.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went for a walk on the beach yesterday, at the edge of the water so my feet were wet when the surf came in and not when it went out. We have tons of jelly fish right now. (the boys had said that earlier in the week) Its kinda funny to watch peoples reactions when they see them on the beach. There were women kinda freaking out a little, little kids burying them so no one would step on them and MS boys pulling them apart trying to impress MS girls with how tough they are.

MK, its the baby duffle spoiled. I like really small purses, I didn't even look at the bigger ones.

DS19's friend is from Chicago. He was surprised at how cool it feels here at night and even bought a couple of sweatshirts. He seems to be loving the fact that he can hop on a bike and go where ever.

DS15 is in Annapolis, staying on campus at the Naval Academy. He is one of the younger guys on the trip (but not the youngest) and I was surprised that the coach put him as a room mate with two (of the three) boys that are younger than him.

Becky, congrats on the race! You all looked so happy in your pics on fb.

Debbie, Wow, you had an early start this morning. Drive safe and enjoy your day.

to everyone else
Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #159

Annapolis is around 45 minutes from me. Beautiful on the Bay.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #160
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

I.Am.Exhausted.
Thanks for all the wishes!
Great time had by all.
Here is a pic of DD25 and I. Should have done a pic of my dress, front and back......you don't think of these things till later.

2010-06-08 11.55.40.jpg

I don't have one of DD23 and I though - we will have to wait for professional pictures.... I didn't get alot of candids, but she did.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #161
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Cindy - glad it went well! Love your dress!!!
I wore a dress like that to my mom's 2nd wedding. Does it have a scooped back?
i can't wait to see the professional pics!!

Kelly - I'm sure DS's friend loves it out there!! Is he from the city or a suburb?

Becky - Yay!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #162

There is a video on Instagram I found where I saw you walking your daughter down the aisle. So special and glad I could see it Cindy. I think I saw the back of your dress somewhere in there.

Busy day for me. To Richmond and back by train. The lovely shower. Dinner in DC and now heading home at 9:40. I should sleep well.

12 hour shift tomorrow. Busy week with my childhood friend coming Thursday- Sunday. I have to work Friday as she was suppose to be here this past week. I just can't get off now.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #163
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am off today!
Massage, lunch with DD25 and hitting some baby boutiques in her quaint downtown area!

Yes, there is a video on instagram. No, back was not scoop - it was an illusion of a lower back.......wish I could wear it again.

I am still tired - just totally dragged out. Then the shoes I wore? OMG - my feet are still hurting and I think my knee is wracked up because of it....it's going to take a while to recoup.

DD and DSIL off on their honeymoon today - fly out of O'Hare to London, then to Berlin, then on the 28th to Paris till the 3rd. Should be fun. They have a hashtag if you want to follow them: #mdrgeurope2013

Hugs to all - will start participating more in a day or two.......

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #164

Cindy, hope you have fun baby shopping. I buy a lot at The Children's Place. Not expensive. Always a sale and coupons online. Macy's has good sales too. They often have 20% off Coupons I can pull up on my phone. Even Target has cute clothes.

DS28 almost 29(Friday) is sick after yesterday's shower. He started getting hoarse last night and says his throat is swollen. He doesn't get sick. When he does it is never something small. I hope it isn't his tonsils. Hoarse like he has can be a peritonsillar abscess.

Of course I work 12 plus hours. DS30 has home inspection. If it needs more then a few thousands dollars worth of structural repairs it could make them back out. As I said the basements has a water issue. There is a sump pump but the foundation will need waterproofing. Their BIL knows how to do it but they would still have to pay guys he knows to come in to dig and help.

That is quite a honeymoon Cindy. My DS will use a time share most likely that his inlaws have. Won't be till January. They need to move by Feb. 1 and want a townhouse but will need to rent. They havev3 little dogs. Won't be easy.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Popping in a for a quick minute...

Got Padraic off to Scout Camp yesterday. He comes back Saturday. Also on Saturday is FIL's birthday and my mother in law's sisters 45th wedding anniversary. She (her sister) and her husband live in PA (where MIL is from) and are coming down to visit this week. I think they will be here Thursday, Friday, Saturday and leave Sunday. So, we are busy getting the house ready for that.

Cindy-now on the baby preparations!

Becky-WTG on your run! That's awesome!

Debbie-hope DS feels better soon. Have a great time with your friend this week!

Kelly-Sounds like the boys are busy! How about you?

MK-Hi!

I'm off to eat breakfast and plan a few more Christmas gifts. It'll be here before you know it!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 06-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #166
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I still can't find the video - whose hash tag is it under?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #167
Queen Bargain Shopper

lol, MK.
There are several video's.
The one with us walking Melissa down the aisle is under my nephew TCragwall.
Also check out the one of them walking out - you can see DD25.
Also the one of them changing out the ceremony to the reception. Very cool!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #168

I saw them all. I looked under name of each person who posted. So wonderful you could share his.

On my way home. Seeing Isabella tomorrow around lunch. Billy has her all day. Day care closed or something.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #169
Queen Bargain Shopper

Berlin.
They landed at London Heathrow - spent the night, and then flew out to Berlin.
She emailed and they were checked in, were going to nap and then head out.
Surreal that my baby is off on her honeymoon in Europe.

Oh Debbie and Becky - I think I am in trouble - well, both DD23 and I.....we keep buying stuff for Baby R. DD23 already bought him a faux leather biker jacket, his first band tshirt (Led Zepplin) and his first jean jacket! Yesterday DD and I went to some baby boutiques and I bought him some fun stuff - baby paper and some socks his Daddy said were too expensive -

I hope to get back on track with life and sleep this week - and catching up with all of you.......my eating has been crappy - and of course I didn't work out from Thursday through Sunday.........

Back to work today and I am moving!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

I have a meeting at the HS in a bit because our principal resigned at the end of the year to move to a larger school district. He will be missed, but the asst. principal has accepted the job and she will do a great job as well. Of course, this means as parent group president the conversation I had with him regarding next year now needs to happen with the asst. principal.
I'll also serve on the interview cmte to hire a new asst. principal as well but that won't happen for a couple of weeks.

Cindy, you get a pass on eating well with everything you've had going. I'm sure you've had fun buying for your new little guy. Be careful buying too much newborn stuff just in case he's not so little. I had a ton of stuff for DS19 that he never wore because he was a big baby. (I even gave away diapers that were given to me at our shower because they were too small in a couple of weeks)

Debbie, I thought DS15 was probably pretty close to you. He has checked in by text every day, but only the minimum that I asked him for so I'm sure he's busy and having fun.

Jenn, I always manage to stay busy. I still have some HS parent club stuff going, 2 upcoming fundraisers, a water polo camp that I will help out with, and we have a team arriving this week that stay with our families while they are here so I am organizing housing for them as well.

MK, DS19's friend is from the city, but went to a private HS and said most of his friends were in the suburbs. He'll have a car at school next year and he is rooming with DS19 so that will be nice for them to have. Our beach is a lot of families with little kids not so many college kids. (some, but more little kids, MS and HS kids)
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #171

Waiting for Isabella. My son had errands first and one was closer to here(20 minutes away) near my work.

Colored my hair, ironed, made up two beds I hadn't made since washing bedding Memorial Day weekend. Ran to grocery, folded. Tired but need energy for a 2 year old.

Super hot here. Run later but maybe not too much.

Work tomorrow with class and meeting before.

Really need to clean before my friend comes but house not too bad.

Have call out to sales person for the hotel Becca's mom booked for wedding. I need at least 12 rooms. Want to see if there is a room for rehearsal dinner and I will order food from a restaurant deliver.

Can't wait for my vacation July 10. It is only 5 days away and 6 off should have taken more time but when I don't work I don't get paid.

Later ladies
Old 06-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #172
Princess Proofreader

HI~

Cleaned a bathroom today, walked the dog twice, emptied the dishwasher, went to the shooting range with a friend and her husband and am now getting ready to go out to dinner with 3 other friends!

Nice day!

Cindy - I'm sure DD is having a wonderful time! I could see her living in Europe!
Kelly is right - buy things in bigger sizes! I remember taking a picture in each outfit the first time I put it on because most of them wouldn't last until a 2nd wearing!

Kelly - that's great that they'll have a car next year! Are they still going to be in the dorm or getting an apartment?

Debbie - hot here too - but supposed to get cooler as the week goes on.
We leave for vacation right after you in July. Is this when you're going to CA? We're going to FL.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 06-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My morning meeting was quite a bit longer than I anticipated, which was ok. The school will have quite a few changes next year between a new principal, asst. principal, software/website changes and the curriculum switch with the common core along with a variety of changes coming from student government to various activities. It will be an interesting year.

MK, they'll be in student housing, but upperclassmen student housing is either an apartment or townhouse. They are across the street from "honors housing" which is also across the street from the library so they are happy about that. They'll have a kitchen and they are really looking forward to being able to cook for themselves and not be stuck in the cafeteria. (so they'll need a car for grocery store runs) They think it will be cheaper, I'm not so sure since I know how much they eat.

Debbie, I heard from DS15's coach today, he mentioned the heat/humidity too.
Let me know when you are here, we definitely need to meet "IRL"

Cindy, I'm sure they are having a blast on their honeymoon. So jealous!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy... Buy buy buy! I highly recommend it! That's why God fixes us grandchildren so we have an excuse!

Jenny tomorrow and its not going to be good. Doc appt at 12:20 for a shot and more prednisone. Now Gracie has it. I feel bad and I tried to keep those areas away from her but she's always glued to me. Quite literally, sometimes I think she's a Siamese twin.

Going to go work on invites for my party, gonna be a long month waiting for it!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, I signed myself, Gracie and k up to so the Celtic festival run on 7/27. I have a 5k in July, August, October and November
Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #176
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - will DS19 still have what Loyola calls Rambler Bucks - my DS20 found that helpful on nights they didn't want to cook! And they'll really enjoy making their own meals and being to eat what they want!

Becky - you're a running machine!! How's the itching?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

MK... Horrible! I'm literally counting the time down to 12:20 tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #178
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning!
Up at 4!
For as tired as I am, I can't sleep!
Watching the 100th RHOC epi and cuddling with DD's dogs!

Becky - I can't believe you are still itching! And yes; I seem to be buying something all the time! And then DD23 is worse - the first person she buys for in Europe is her nephew!!!!

We moved yesterday - so now in a new spot. I think we move every 6 months!

DD still in Berlin. So fun to see her Instagram pics and video's.

Off to work today.....I got nothin now.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #179

Becky, hope the doctor can help you.

Cindy, my DIL says between her mom and me buy so much for Isabella she barely needs to buy her clothes.

MK, Kelly, at Maryland you essentially put money on a card for meals like a debit card.

Kelly, yes we do need to try and meet when I am there.

Jenn, I hope things are easier in the summer. I remember being happy not having to deal with homework and after school activities.

The kids got their home inspected. It needs a lot of work but they are going forward. I think their closing costs are as high as their down payment. I worry they won't have money for needed repairs.

I have a class from 9-9:30 on restraints then staff meeting at 10 then work 11-3. Then run at 6:30.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, DS19 will have "dining dollars" that he can use in the cafeteria or the grill or the "C" store (as in the convenience store) we can add to it at any point and it will roll over at the end of the semester. Last year he had an unlimited meal ticket in the cafeteria which was actually pretty expensive. I'm sure we got our money's worth knowing how he eats, but probably there are a lot of kids that don't eat enough in the cafeteria to pay for their unlimited meal ticket. His team mates told him they all tend to eat in the cafeteria more during their season because they can eat as much as they want each meal and its hard to get full buying groceries when you are spending a lot of time in the pool and/or weight room.

The boys are all looking forward to having a real breakfast without having to go out when the weather is bad. Two of the four boys have told DS19 they are having breakfast burritos every morning and since he's from Cali, he should cook them.
Closed Thread