Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Finished the kitchen except the area behind the refrigerator and John has to pull it out. I REALLY REALLY like it! it's the BEST it's looked since we moved in here 25 years ago this nov. we've paints it once and it had wall paper before that and it was pretty til it got older and then it bugged me! I put pics on fb. Also of the colors that John likes for the living room.

Gotta get our Thursday night camper to bed.. I'll try to get back later.

I have an 11:15 haircut tomorrow with my girl and then Kim's bringing the girls to hand off to me cuz she has a color/cut with her girl at 12:15. I'm taking the girls to baskin Robbins. They've never been there. Gotta make a Walmart run for a new kitchen trash an, this one doesn't go now and get a few other things.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #92
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Debbie - DD23 has two dogs; they have the same problem!

MK - that is what I was on! I do have another prescription that she put me on to try, but it's not a patch or pill. She said since I was on the lowest dose and not having issues she thought I should go off. I have to trust my health care professional!

Well - one week from today! This weekend should be a whirlwind with cleaning and organizing everything that I have to go to Milwaukee - only working M/T next week......
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy I worked up til Kim's wedding and went back on Monday. I won't ever do that again. Since Kim and Tracy were handling everything I worked the whole time and since Kim and I worked in the same room at the daycare I didn't want to upset management with us both being off. She said a while back the next time she marry's she wants to have a beach wedding.

At panera with Gracie and Alyssa. We're going to baskin Robbins after this
Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #94
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

One of those days!

I went to the gym, library, health food store, farm & fleet, bank, newspaper ( to turn in DS20's Dean's List letter!!! He had straight A's at Loyola last semester!!! ), CVS, and Kroger!

Came home, walked the dog, put away everything, ate lunch, unloaded the DW, fed the dog, walked the dog again, walked with my neighbor, came home and fixed dinner (yummy asparagus and steaks!), cleaned up after dinner and started the DW, and now, here I am.

This is pretty much what I do every MWF. I'm tired!
Though part of me wants to walk again tonight . . . . my neighbor is just starting out again, she only walks with me in the summer, and she keeps stopping to look at flowers or talk to people. Either she's REALLY interested or she's trying to catch her breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
MK - that is what I was on! I do have another prescription that she put me on to try, but it's not a patch or pill. She said since I was on the lowest dose and not having issues she thought I should go off. I have to trust my health care professional!
And I have to trust mine . . . . though I swear sometimes I'm having a hot flash even through the patch! I've never been through menopause officially. I went on the patch the day after my hysterectomy ~ so no clue what would happen if I went off!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Where is everyone. The only one that gets a hall pass is Cindy.

Got a belt and a pro bass gift card for John for Father's Day.

For LOTS of pain samples for John too. He's getting paint for the shed today too I think. That's his baby tho.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #96
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Lots of running around today!

Becky - why does John have pain samples?

Cindy - with all the wedding planning, I forgot your other DD was expecting!! Love her pic on FB!!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Paint samples. Lol. Smarty pants! One letter changes a whooooole lot!

I for 1 coat on the door to the laundry room, 1 more coat tomorrow and the kitchen is completely DONE!!! I for 1 coat on the woodwork of the barjeo off of our bedroom. Need to do the same to the main bathroom cuz I never did the woodwork last September when I painted. I want to get new knobs for the vanity in both bathrooms tomorrow.

Grace fell asleep about 15 minutes ago? Lyss is still awake.

50% chance of rain tomorrow shoots my plans for a cookout with John and the girls. Cory has a surprise planned for him and Kim, he's been telling her for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is the day so I thought the girls and us would cook out, maybe I'll put something in the crockpot

Have a good night everyone. MK, any rain!!??
Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne

Enjoying having the boys home. DS19's friend is here for 2 more weeks. He's a really nice kid. The boys went fishing today & all 3 of them are fried. DH & I ran errands & then did a little shopping. I have a new purse and new shoes.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:47 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

New purse and new shoes are always a cool thing Kelly!? I bet Cindy and MK perked up at that statement too!

Can't sleep. Maybe cuz our camper is hogging the bed! Poor Mandy isn't even in her usually "I am cat therefore I get the middle", she's on my corner.

Just looked at my woodwork. Looks all fresh and pretty again, or as John says "-""!freah and purdy".

I'm going to get John breakfast at mcd's after infer the girls off to brad today and them mow the grass before the rain comes.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

Everyone is still sleeping here except me and Gray Puffball. I'll take a pic of both my purse & shoes later and share. My purse is a very small pink duffle, very retro ladylike and the shoes are navy blue strappy wedge sandals.

Becky, its amazing just how much space someone so little can take up. I'm sure you're enjoying every minute though!

MK, congrats to your DS on the dean's list! Impressive!
It seems like we've been doing more walking than running with my neighbor lately. (I'm going on my own too, so I haven't quit running) She is moving soon (Navy family) and I think she has just wanted to talk more because she's starting to get a little overwhelmed.

Cindy, hope you are okay coming off of hormones.
I can't believe the wedding is almost here. Hang in there.

Debbie, I love NYC!

Jenn, hope you are feeling better.
DS15 is retaking freshmen English. I'm actually glad he ended up in summer school because I think it will be a good kick in the pants for next year.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #101
Queen Bargain Shopper

Here I am!
I am stopping to take a breath.
I tell ya; if DH hadn't invited everyone here on Saturday after Milwaukee, I wouldn't be so stressed!

DH is off to Nashville on business today - UGH. I am going to run a couple errands treat myself to coffee, then back here to dust, vac and mop the floor - and that's it.......if my house isn't clean enough for someone,than they can you know what: Insert whatever you want here!

Had dinner last night to celebrate DH's bday and Father's Day with DD25 and DSIL.

This week is going to go quickly - I work tomorrow and Tuesday, then it's off and running - not to wish time away, but by this time next week - or close to it - it will be all over and everyone will be gone - but the 2 pups I will have for 10 days!

Let's see that purse and shoes Kelly!
MK - I will gladly trade your MWF for mine.......just for a week!!
Becky; thanks for the pass - I will need it for the week!

Here I go again...................................

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Woodwork in the living room/dining room and hallway now. Still haven't decided on a color so i just for 2 gallon of ceiling white and 1 gallon for the trim. I think it's gonna take 3-5 days for the trim and then gotta do the ceiling.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

So. Tired. Tonight. But got a LOT done this weekend. John got the shed painted to match the house. It looks very nice. I got the kitchen done except for that same door. For the woodwork in both baths done and the new knobs out on. Also some trim in the dining room and the wood "back" to the sunken living room steps. That goes the width and the length of the living room. I did a LOT this weekend.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #104
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Paint samples. Lol. Smarty pants! One letter changes a whooooole lot!

Have a good night everyone. MK, any rain!!??

And yes we had rain ~ did you get any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
I have a new purse and new shoes.

Pics please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

MK - I will gladly trade your MWF for mine.......just for a week!!
I'm sure yours will be busier than anyone's!!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Our the addresses on my party invites, there's a few I need to look up. Need to write the where when whom stuff on the inside yet. I'm getting so excited!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #106
Queen Bargain Shopper

It just dawned on me at 5:15 this morning that I am supposed to work late tomorrow night and can't - I have my hair appt at 4:30. I certainly am not thinking straight these days.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #107
Princess Proofreader

Morning!
Hot, sunny and humid day ~ finally summer in the Midwest!
Exercise and errands today - though I'm already feeling it from last night's run.
No, I don't run, but Merlin discovered fireflies last night and the only way to get him home was to focus on something else . . . so we ran!

Does this mean I get to skip the gym today?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #108
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Busy ladies! Wow!

Cindy, it will all be over soon.

MK, you should be very proud of your son!

Kelly, what brand shoes? I am always looking for comfortable.

Becky, so what was Kim's surprise??

Jenn, schools over right?? Here too. My son's GF works in a different county and they finish Friday.

Kaye??? Check in please. We always miss you.

Lets see, I worked Friday. Came home and went to bed early. Saturday walked in the Purple Stride for Pancreatic Cancer 5k. Walked with two Breast Cancer survivors who participated in the Cancer to 5K program DH coached. They were part of a larger group and it was really something. That evening we had a wedding at 5. It was lovely. Got home around 10:30 exhausted. DH went to run yesterday and I ran alone. We had to run to clubhouse so I could inventory medical supplies. I have a women who gets stuff donated for us and needed to get an idea of what to ask for. That is now done. We then met a group of friends and our kids and significant others for drinks at Uncle Julio's. DS 30 not home till today but Mirsa,Isabella and other two boys,fiancé,GF came. We moved to a table for dinner. Friends stayed at the bar. Came home and went to bed. I have been busy and haven't checked this board. Don't know why I don't get notifications of new posts consistently.

Today I work 12.

My friend from Alaska decided to hike longer and isn't coming. This kind of screwed up my week. I gave up my Friday shift. I was supposed to take a two day class that isn't offered very often and has a waiting list.

I picked up a shift tomorrow and Thursday. I need to money as we seem bleeding money these days. Friday it was the electrician.

We have friends coming for dinner Saturday. Sunday I go to Richmond for shower #1. Thankfully we get a little vacation in around three weeks to La Jolla.

Better finish getting ready for work. Kind of dreading it. Mondays are always crazy. At least I have a job and it pays well but it exhausts me.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

We had a nice father's day. We went out to lunch with the boys (including DS19's friend of course) and stopped at the middle eastern market because DS19 had never been there and it was close to where we went for lunch. (Its the best place to buy spices that you use a lot of because they are cheap and fresh) We had a lazy rest of the day.

Debbie, the shoes are Tori Burch (and they were on sale, but still not cheap) I wore them all day yesterday and they were comfortable. One of the buckles did start to rub just before I took them off, but we walked quite a bit and they were still comfortable. I really like her shoes because every pair I've bought have been comfortable. We were shopping at Fashion Valley, which is a gorgeous outdoor mall, the stores are kinda like our version of Chicago's Magnificent Mile or NYC's 5th Ave except for the far end where there is a Penney's, Old Navy, Footlocker and other more normal stores.

MK, Merlin is so funny. I'm sure he is entertaining everyone at your house. You need to move and work that soreness out!

Cindy, and hang in there! It will go by in a whirlwind.

Becky, WOW, you did do a lot this weekend! I'm sure the camper's helped too.

Jenn, I hope you got to sleep in this morning. DS15 is retaking freshmen English. Its hard to pass without turning in final drafts and your end of semester portfolio.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Becky-what color did you paint? I bet it looks great!

Cindy-good luck getting everything done!

MK-you can have a gym pass! We used to have a cat that, when she got older (16) was terrified of lightening bugs!

Kelly-I am feeling better, thank you! And sleep in? What's that? lol! I hope your DS learned his lesson!

Debbie-Yes! School is over for the summer! Yea!
Friday there was a nice staff breakfast at the middle school. My mom and I were both invited and got a lovely plaque from the principal for all of the work we did this year.

Saturday was Rhonda's birthday. In addition, we have some friends from out of town that are in the area until Friday. Their youngest sons birthday was Friday and they invited us to the beach Saturday. So, Saturday we all went to the beach in the morning, came home, showered, and went out to dinner for Rhonda's birthday (hard to believe she's officially a teenager!!!!) She'll have a party later in the month as her best friend had surgery on her leg last week and Rhonda wants her to be able to come.

Yesterday we went for our annual Father's Day cook out at the park. It was really nice. The weather was perfect and everyone behaved!

Henry started Cub Scout day camp this week. Hopefully he's having a good time! I have to pick him up at 3. And Padraic's scouts doesn't stop for the summer like Henry's, so he has that tonight. His camp starts next week, so they are doing swim quals tonight to get it out of the way.

Busy, busy, busy!!!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Jenn - are you ready for a fun-filled summer?
Catch me up on the kid's ages: Rhonda is 13!, Padraic? Henry? Who's missing??

Kelly - I DID go to the gym, so now I won't be sore, right?!
Promise?!

I've heard Tory Burch makes comfortable shoes - I just haven't found the perfect pair that would make me shell out $200+ . . . . I need a Nordstrom Rack! Do they have arch support? Do you have flats? Sandals? pics please!

Debbie - you're leading such an exciting life right now - jetting everywhere!!
i love your FB pics too!!!
Sorry your friend isn't coming - and especially that she messed up your plans!!!

Becky - Party? What don't I remember?

Kaye - Where are you?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

We went to Cheesecake Factory with my mom. Ingot the skinnylicious burger again and the low carb cheesecake.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Kelly - I DID go to the gym, so now I won't be sore, right?!
Promise?!

I've heard Tory Burch makes comfortable shoes - I just haven't found the perfect pair that would make me shell out $200+ . . . . I need a Nordstrom Rack! Do they have arch support? Do you have flats? Sandals? pics please!
Umm, probably just different sore.

I have a pair of ballet flats (my least favorite pair they are completely flat and have no support) that are starting to not look very good, a pair of slip on boat type shoes that are cushiony and feel really good, they are navy/green and look good for with jeans or shorts and I've had them a long time and they still look new, a pair of plastic flip flops (that I managed to get "free" since I had a coupon for the exact amount of the shoes) and the sandals I just bought. There is a Tory boutique in the mall I mentioned and when they mark things down usually its half off or more. I never find her shoes that I like at our Nordstrom Rack though. I tried on a different pair of wedge sandals that were also very cute, but walking around the store they were rubbing and I knew I wouldn't wear them because they would need to be broken in majorly. (I always get compliments from HS/college girls for the navy and green boat shoes)

Jenn, I'm not surprised that you are so busy. It sounds like Rhonda had a nice birthday and of course her best friend needs to be there for the party.

Becky, Cheesecake Factory is yummy! I had leftovers for lunch. (stuff I cooked, not Cheesecake Factory)
Refresh my memory, what's the party?

Last edited by kellydawne; 06-17-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #114
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - sounds like me when I wear my special TOMS!
Are the boat shoes canvas or leather?
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The boat shoes are canvas with a rubber sole. I've had them probably 3 or 4 years and I wear them all the time and they still look new.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
MK-Rhonda is 13, Padraic is 11, Millie is 8 (will be 9 in August), and Henry is 7 (will be 8 in August).

Becky-I've never to been the Cheesecake Factory. I hope you enjoyed!

I need to get some sandles. I had a pair that I loved for years and years until they fell apart.

Not too much going on right now. Think MIL and I are going to play some Scrabble and watch Cake Boss.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #117

I am home from work. Had a good day and felt like I had time and energy to do a great job. Sometimes I feel like I am rushing every second. My PA gave me the ultimate compliment telling me how detail oriented I am and that I am very good at what I do. Made me feel good.

Signed up to work tomorrow. I never work Tuesdays but want the hours( money).

DS30 home from Salt Lake City. He graded AP government essays. They went to see a house they like tonight. It needs work but " has good bones". Wish I could see it tomorrow like he asked but working.

You are all very chatty with your posting.

I am off to bed. I need to find comfortable shoes for my sons wedding. I will be walking on a lot of grass so wedges would be good but need to look good with my still not bought dress.

Good night!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

It's my jewelry party on 7/28 and I want my house to look nice.

Didn't so so well this week on my WOE and didn't exercise much cuz of painting. Even tho painting is exercise it doesn't get the heart pumping unless you make a painted like I usually do not i don't think that's the same heart pumping that they're looking for

Glo-run is Saturday night! Kim, Cory and my niece are doing it with me.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 AM   #119
Queen Bargain Shopper

NOT SURE if you saw:

its-a-boy.gif

Off to work, done at 4 - then to hair appt....DD comes home tonight.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #120

Oh my Gd. I didn't see!! So excited for you. After having daughters a boy will be so much fun. Grand babies are the best!! It never gets old.
Closed Thread