Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #61
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post

MK, somehow I don't think Kaye, Jenn, or me will be ready for grands for a long time. Just enjoy Merlin for now!
Phew! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Canary yellow it will be.

Going to bed, meeting Kim's new guy tomorrow, were taking them to Mimi's
Great yellow!!!

And new guy? Did she get rid of the last one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
DD23 also came home for the weekend, so it's been SO nice having them both here under one roof, like the old days! You know that's not going to happen again......
Awwww That's great!
And you're right - it may never happen again!

Quote:
and we watched Identity Thief.
Loved that movie! I can't wait to see her new one with Sandra Bullock in a couple of weeks!

Quote:
MK - How are the girls doing? Any chance Colorado DD will move closer?
She's seriously looking at Seattle right now! So even farther away!

Quote:
Kelly - why did you need a blanket? Was it in the 60's?

Jenn - hope you get to relax soon!

Debbie - when is your wedding? The same weekend as Cindy's?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #62
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

Well, $200 worth of various sizes of mason jars later...........
I am exhausted and I didn't do THAT much today!

After DD23 left, I told DH I don't need a work out, I need a beer, so that's what I am doing!

MK - I think Debbie's wedding isn't till fall!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #63
Princess Proofreader

OK - I HAVE to know - what are you doing with the Mason jars?

Enjoy your beer!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
MK... This one is still the same one but we hadn't met him yet. They're been together since about February, Sean but the dust the day before her bd party last August, that's why I'm calling Cory "the new guy". Sean had a drinking problem like bead. But he his it for a year and a half. Long story but Sean is gone. John and I both liked Cory.

Going to hit the sack. Painting makes one tired!

MK, where the rain we were suppose to start getting at midnight!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Good Morning!

Busy day today...taking kids to school, then bank and grocery store, few things to do at the house, then picking Padraic up and getting him ready for his graduation.

Just three more days left after today! Yea!!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #66
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Meeting at 10:00, dog walk, feed dog, walk dog again, meeting at 4:00, dinner out with friends at 7:00.

Somewhere in there I have 3 bathrooms and a family room to clean.

Becky - I'm not sure - it didn't rain here much either!

Jenn - I used to love summer vacation!! Congrats to Padraic!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

We for a nice downpour but it didn't last long. I hope it makes the grass grow so I can mow for exercise.

At Kim's for Lisa's birthday dinner. She made lasagna rolls cuz Lyss had been DYING for them. Lol. I'm having Jenny spaghetti and meatballs. I blew it at Olive Garden today but I'm back on it now, I think! Lol
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #68
Queen Bargain Shopper

Becky - I didn't know that about Brad. Poor Kim.
I hope Corey is a keeper.

The mason jars will be the centerpieces - half gallon jars will hold baby's breath and table number.....8 and 4 oz jars will hold tea lights.....

It never ends........today DSIL's PITA Sister emailed about a baby shower for DD25.....REALLY? Can we get through our wedding first? However, DD23 and I are throwing and hosting the shower in September. We told her thanks for the email but here are the plans........she says she won't be in town and why wasn't she consulted on the date? Um, maybe because we are throwing the shower and didn't need to consult others on the date? Seriously - she controlled and manipulated DDs wedding shower and bachelorette and we all agreed that we would not allow it to happen with a baby shower.....DD has been adamant about not having any more than one shower after the dual showers her BFF had............ I can't even believe this.

Got flowers planted, house cleaned up, bars made for work on Wednesday after a long day at work....I am pooped!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

I officially have a 6th grader! Just a few more days than Henry has day camp and the week after Padraic leaves for Boy Scout Camp.

MK-Thanks! He was pretty darn cute!

Cindy-I'd be pooped yet! Good luck with the PITA!

Becky-the roll ups sound delish! I ate way too much at Red Lobster! Need to get back on the bandwagon!

I'm tired so I'm off to bed! Will pop in tomorrow morning!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Feel like I haven't been here in ages.

We had a big storm last night. I drove home from work in it.

It is still rainy but I think it will stop.

Thursday DH has to go to NYC for a meeting(1-2 hours). I am going too! We are taking the train and going up and back. I will go get my nails and toes done. We have a wedding Saturday night and was going to get them done anyways. Meeting his cousin who will come in from Long Island and have lunch and take the train home.

I am having a flare up with my back. It isn't my usual pain and own the left. I need to call a massage guy today recommended. No running for me.

DS30 is away grading AP Government exams so we are going to see Mirsa and Bella tonight. I need to make dinner to bring. I will make meatloaf since it is easy to make and reheat. I guess I will make a gluten free mini one for me. DS30 said she would like that.

Jenn, is Padriaic our oldest? Wow a middle schooler!!!

MK, saw our nice photo on FB.

Cindy, I rembember the drama with the bridal showers.

I am not doing a shower for Becca. I would rather not spend the money since we helping with the wedding and I will buy big gifts for her two showers her family is throwing. I bought her 12 place settings of silverware. It 15% off but expensive. The August shower gift will be a little smaller. I will see what they have on their registry again. They have too much and a lot of expensive things. It will all be tired at my house!!!

It is only 6:15 and I am awake. Going to be lazy for a few hours.

Becky, how was Alyssa's birthday?? Wish I could paint. Really need to get my kitchen,a few bathrooms and bedrooms done. I would like to repaint family room. I am tired of my last color choice.

Kelly, do you still have your sons college friend there?? Still running??

Watching news. Looks like storms all week. High humidity! Better by Saturday. Good week to take a running break!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:29 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, if u guys understood that post about brad u are good!!! Lots of typos and I didn't reread cuz I was busy painting.

Be back after work!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

^^^
I understood every word, lol!

Wonder what drama will occur today?

Work late (6), so off this morning to head to drugstore to pick up my new prescription - doc took me off hormones....then to work, then my friend and I are meeting for dinner - haven't gotten together since January!

Jenn - congrats on the 6th grader!

Debbie - I don't do very big gifts for DD's showers - I have investments in the showers AND a huge investment in the wedding, so they understand. DD's shower I gave she and DF two prints they wanted for their home (bathroom). I also have been helping her out here and there with personal shopping......she is not a lingerie kinda gal, so picked out a couple things for wedding night and a couple pieces of clothing for her honeymoon and I helped her out with that! They won't get a wedding gift from us - the wedding is their gift.

The sun is shining today - not sure for how long, . May wear a dress to work again today - it could be 40 degrees tomorrow!!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #73

If I threw a shower it would cost me more then my gifts.

I won't buy a big gift for the second shower.

I better get to grocery store to cook for tonight. Can't wait to see Isabella. She is at a great age.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #74
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Taking Merlin to a friend's house to play with her dogs this morning and then home to clean!

Cindy - why are you off hormones? Any problems?
40??!!

Becky - you can come and paint for me when you're finished!

Debbie - Isabella is so cute!!

Jenn - one day at a time!

Kelly -
Old 06-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #75

Hormones have their issues. I can't take them due family breast cancer history. Not sure why Cindy is off them. Hoe you don't get hot flashes like I do Cindy.

I can't even be sure if I am finally in menopause. No period for maybe 4 months but that happened before and it came back. I just want it all over and done with. I am almost 57. Reminds me I need to make Gyn appt and Mammogram appt.

Trying to get into massage guy for my back and shoulder. He does myofacial release and I need it bad. My back issues that started Saturday are different and somewhat better but I am not running till at least Saturday.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

MK... Still not use to your Merlin not being my Merlin. Lol. Funny he's black and so was my Merlin. Mine probably weighed as much as yours with his fat body he use to have.

Girls are here and they're bored! I'm painting, might have to stop for a while when I get the door done.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

Having a somewhat lazy morning. DS19 and friend are back at the beach after more mexican takeout for breakfast. I swear they are going to turn into burritos.

DS15 had his first summer school day (last week was registration) he walked in afterward and said "I am NEVER doing this again" Hopefully, the lesson sticks and he doesn't!!!!

Becky, your post about Brad made perfect sense, typos and all.
How was Alyssa's B-day? I'm sure you all had fun together.
The yellow kitchen sounds really pretty. Mine has lots of blues and a light "sandy" yellow, its very beachy.

Cindy, yep, in the 60's. It wasn't so much the temp but it was damp. It was like sitting in a cloud all day. We went inland a little bit between games on Saturday where there was no fog and the sun was out, the temp was the same but I was losing layers because I was hot, I went from sweatshirt, jacket, tank to just a tank top and jeans and then the layers went back on when we went back in the fog.

Good luck with DSIL's sister. Hang in there! Hope the drama level starts to go down soon.

Debbie, I'm still running. I went yesterday, but not today. My ankle was a little tender yesterday and I learned a long time ago to baby my ankles.
We have DS's friend here until the end of June. He is a really nice kid and it has been fun having him here. Its good for DS19 too since he's dragging him out to do fun stuff and not just sit here all day.

Jenn, Congrats to Padraic. Enjoy your whirlwind summer.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Afternoon!

Whew, what a day!

Debbie-nope, Rhonda is my oldest. She'll be 13 (eep!) on Saturday and an 8th grader (double eep!) next school year.

So humid here. Ick! It's rained a few times yesterday and today, too. I think it's going to rain again before the day is over.

Kelly-What class is DS15 taking over? I'm sure I could remember if I really thought about it!

My mom's best friend threw my shower. It was really nice...not over the top at all. Although I will say right here, that if I had to do everything over, I would elope in a heart beat. While my wedding was very nice and I have no real complaints, it wasn't what I really wanted. It was what my mom wanted. I did get to have the two things I really wanted (my bouquet--all white flowers and crab dip at the reception) thanks to my wonderful MIL. My mom, though I love her, is a big pouter, so it was just easier to go with what she wanted.

Anyway! Enough of that!

Kids got out early today and they will get out later tomorrow and Thursday. The end is near!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #79
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Great time at a new friend's house - and the dogs got along well too!
Merlin is tired!
AND she loves to shoot, so I'm taking her to the range next week.
She's a college teacher, so she's free all summer!
Her kids are young - 2nd grade and 6th grade - but they have grandparents nearby, so it's easy for her to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
MK... Still not use to your Merlin not being my Merlin. Lol. Funny he's black and so was my Merlin. Mine probably weighed as much as yours with his fat body he use to have.
Goodness - I hope not - he's 60lbs!

Jenn - I understand! My mom planned my whole wedding, loved doing every minute of it, and I really had no say in anything! Though I wouldn't have wanted to elope, it would have been nice to have had 'my' wedding.

If/when my girls ever get married, it'll be their wedding and we'll do what they want. Luckily, I have no desire to plan a wedding! Phew!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #80

I guess I had input with my wedding. I wrote the invitations and picked them out for one thing. The reception was in my mom's house. I wanted a really small wedding. Didn't wear a gown. Had close friends and family and still had around 90 people. It was a nice day but DH and both were sick and felt worse by the end of the day.

DS28 and DF planning their whole wedding. We are paying for DJ, drinks and night before dinner. I am buying all three son's new navy suits, shirts and ties. I am sure DS22 will need shoes and a belt. He always does. I am also paying for Mirsa's dress and Bella's dress. I am sure I will be paying something toward wedding day hair and make up too. Becca's family is paying for the food and place. I think the kids are paying for the flowers. I sent them to a women I work with who does this on the side. I hope they are nice. Many people I work with have had her do the flowers and she is reasonable. Becca is buying her own dress, veil and shoes. I think her parents basically gave them a certain dollar amount they are paying for what it doesn't cover. The DJ isn't that expensive and this isn't a big drinking crowd and the wedding is at 12 noon on a Sunday.We will have wine, beer and probably scotch. We will do mimosas after the wedding during the cocktail hour. I guess I need to add champagne to that list. We will buy our own soda too. It will be cheaper then having place do it. Bringing in our own alcohol and buying outside of Montgomery County will be cheaper too.

Better go check the meat loaf. DH on his way home.

Had massage and it was not relaxing but was good pain as he hit trigger points and all. I think I feel better.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh gosh Jenn, sounds like my wedding to a T!!! Pouting and all! And I would elope too if I had it to do again. I had very little in Kim's, she and John battled it out about money, etc. y niece and I went down shopping with her and I went with her to pick out the cake but she had a pic of what she wanted and all I had to do was write the deposit. Went with her to get pics but again, she had that picked out.

And with that I will say today would have been their 8th anniversary and I thankful he's an ex!!!

Just finished mowing, had to stop cuz it was too hot out.

Still painting! Lol
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning girls
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #83
Queen Bargain Shopper

Nice dinner last night with my friend - we talked for three hours!

MK - I was just being facetious about being 40 today!

Reason she took me off hormones - it's been 4 years - they say you shouldn't be on for any more than 5, I wasn't having issues, so she took me off. I have no idea if I am in menopause, through it or still pre.........

I planned my wedding - loved every part of it and everything was what I wanted. DD25 was the same - but now even just two years later, she wonders if she would have spent the money. DD23 wanted something small - all she wanted was her custom made dress and her photographer.......however, DF wanted the bigger wedding......guess he won out. We have a budget and that is all they get - in fact she needed to pay photographer - which I told her we were not paying for - I think she is too expensive......she came to me and I had to say sorry - we have hit the budget and nothing else is coming out.........FSIL's parents are paying for rehearsal and bar. I am not sure how they REALLY feel about contributions for the shower, etc., but honestly don't care - it's their son as well as our daughter and it all shouldn't fall on us - it's 2013!!!! And in all honesty they have a lot of $$......they are paying for the honeymoon for Pete's sake. Also - I feel like YOUR son wanted this big shindig, you can contribute.....DD would have preferred to take the $$ and use it for a down payment on a house. I think the kids went to his parents for the photographer payment - they probably will have to pay them back......they haven't managed to save much - student loans and other bills along with a pretty high rent payment have them living pretty tightly. I also think they spend money needlessly.......buying stuff they really don't need.

Off to work today - there is never enough time in the day.......if I didn't have to commit so much time to work, I'd be able to get some stuff done!

Last edited by Radmom413; 06-12-2013 at 04:25 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #84

Had a wonderful evening with Isabella and her mommy. Got a great big hug from Bella. She is always happy.

I want to do some self study for work today. I have to fill out a background check for a young work friend. She is trying to get into the Police Department.

Tonight I want to walk vs run . My back and shoulder not perfect but better. The Cancer to 5K group my husband is coaching has their last workout tonight. Then they are going out for pizza. That is he hard part about eating gluten free. I miss good pizza. I can get salad there.

Tomorrow we leave at 7am on a train to NYC. We take a 4p train back. I think it is 3 hours each way. DH is going to meet with a potential sponsor. He calls them business partners. His nonprofit needs business partners and he travels anywhere to get $$. He will meet while I go to The Red Door Spa for a mani/pedi. Then his cousin is meeting us for lunch and we will hang out together and take the train back home. I will bring my kindle to read on the train.

Cindy, our wedding was exactly what we wanted. We kept it small and my grandfather gave us money instead. He would have paid for a bigger wedding. My inlaws paid for "rehearsal dinner". We don't rehearse but we went to the officers club at the local airbase and had dinner and they had a band so we had dancing. It was steak night. Anyone could reserve tables their at that time. I don't think it still exists. The wedding was fun but this was really fun.

I think my son and DF are paying for their flowers,photographer and will pay for honeymoon in the winter. It is all too much!! My son doesn't make a lot and hid DF less.

Need to go charge my IPad. Battery dying.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #85
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

Reason she took me off hormones - it's been 4 years - they say you shouldn't be on for any more than 5, I wasn't having issues, so she took me off. I have no idea if I am in menopause, through it or still pre.........
I think I'm on year . . . .10? 12? something like that!

I finally got my FOID card - it took forever! But now I can quit using the instructor's gun and finally decide if I want to buy one!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #86
Queen Bargain Shopper

Crazy busy day at work ahead! ick!
We are being pulled in so many different directions - it's getting really old.
I have been "elected" spokesperson and we are bringing it up to our lead and supervisor next week at our meeting.

MK - that's a while to be on hormones! What kind are you on? My doc said no more than 5 years - I don't like being on them if I don't have to be!

Debbie - I think alot of kids these days do more than they can afford. DD25 and DSIL did not, however and have started out on the right foot. I am a little worried about DD23 and DF.......

xoxoxox to you all!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #87

Almost in NYC. Quick train ride vs 3.5-4 hours by car. About 2hours 45 minutes by train. Will be home around 7:30 tonight.

Big storms coming. Brought umbrellas and wore my raincoat with a hood. Not stylish but will keep me dry. Will need to cab everywhere.

Cindy, DS28 spends like my DH. It is too much and worries me. They live in the least expensive place possible but will need to move at some point and won't find a place this inexpensive. They have a roommate now and won't have that.

Finding a place with three little dogs will be hard too. Come January they need a new place.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #88
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

MK - that's a while to be on hormones! What kind are you on? My doc said no more than 5 years - I don't like being on them if I don't have to be!
I'm on a Climara patch.
On the plus side, my skin looks good.
Most of my friends who are no longer on hormones have started using creams . . . . same song different verse.
And since my doc hasn't mentioned it . . .

Debbie - how was the mani/pedi?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Debbie-have a good time in NY! Stay safe with these storms.

School is officially over. Yea! Now to get through the summer...

Having tummy problems, so I think I'm going to go lie down for a bit. Have a good evening.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #90

Home from NY. Tired since we were up at 4:15 to catch a 6 am train.
Missed all the storms here.

Work tomorrow then off till Monday. My friend and MOH coming Wednesday.
Closed Thread