Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
She's gave me a steroid shot and pills to start tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #32
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Steroid shots hurt after you get one. I got one last year. I was allergic something and had swelling of my eyes and around them.

I was up early but not out f bed.

My friend from Alaska called. We lived next to each other. She was my maid of honor and only attendant. She is hiking and camping part of the Appalachian Trail and then going to Ocean City with friends. Then she comes here June 17. I have to pick her up somewhere between OC and here. I was supposed to take ALS Wednesday and Thursday and canceled it. I rescheduled. I also found someone to work for me Friday. I am off Saturday and Sunday. We have friends from Florida coming to our house for dinner Saturday. I go to Richmond Sunday for Becca's first shower. It is 2.5 hours away. Don can't go. He has a board meeting.

It will be a busy week.

I did one of my self study things and took the test for work. Ran to grocery and bank. Now I plan to read or take a nap. I run tonight. I am off till Friday.

Cindy, glad you got your car back. I wouldn't want a lot of company with the wedding. DS is getting married an hour away. I hope everyone stays up there. We will have a lot of airport runs.

Becky, hope you fell better.

Jen, school ends here in a few more weeks. It seems late this year but they are making up snow days.

MK, I need to clean but not today. How is your new doggy doing??

Kelly, you are doing great with the running.
I will be in San Diego/La Jolla in a little over a month.

Kaye, come back please!!

Did I miss anyone????
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #34
Princess Proofreader

Debbie - I think you hit everyone!!
Your week is exhausting!!

Merlin is better and better and then makes me crazy!
He's still a puppy, but I'm too tired for this. Training him is hard work!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #35
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Hi Gang!

Becky - hope you are feeling better today!

Sorry ladies - I don't even have my dress!!! It's at the dress maker. I was going to have her daughter make me earrings for my dress - she made my earrings and necklace for DD25's wedding, but they were $75! Even though it really is the only jewelry I am wearing, I just couldn't do it - they matched the crystals in the embellishment at my waist...........I found some gun metal gray earrings yesterday - those will be fine - in the end NO ONE is going to remember my fabulous earrings....

I got my car back Monday night, so all is well.

More rain today - UGH UGH UGH - enough already! And it's chilly!!!!

The gathering here on Saturday after the wedding is what it is - I am trying to suck it up - it will be for one night. I just don't want people staying up till all hours drinking - I know I won't be - I will be exhausted by then.........then there are also issues with getting DH's parents here - my parents don't want to bring them - and that's a long story.....but neither DH and I can blame them.......... I am going to need a vacation.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 06-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

Today is the LAST day of school for DS15 (until summer school starts Friday anyway ) YEAH! I'm doing a happy dance! It has been a frustrating year. He started off great, slumped mid-year and (fingers crossed) I think he'll pull off at least C's in all of his classes. (he has A test averages in at least one or two of those classes that we're hoping for C's for the final grade, see, frustrating!)

DS19's friend (and one of next year's apartment mates) is coming tomorrow and will be here for the rest of June. I pulled the sheets/blankets off of the extra beds yesterday so I need to get that finished today.

Debbie, let me know when you are here! I'm only about 20 or 30 minutes from La Jolla (depending on where you are in La Jolla) We will be here all summer. I'm not sure if we will have additional company after June, we might, but no one has bought airline tickets yet, so we'll see.

Cindy, and hang in there! Family is tough!

MK, there is a reason people compare puppies and babies. I'm sure Merlin is sweet and frustrating all at the same time.

Becky, I hope you are feeling better!

Jenn, the end of the school year is always crazy! Hang in there!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Mega-update post..pull up a chair!

Thank you all for the wishes. How I love you all.
The actual day last Friday slid by quickly, I was okay with that!

Well, The friday before last was 'Seniors finals day' and I assumed that would be it, what's done is done, she either passed all her classes or not, and would figure out what to do if she didn't.
Her algebra 2 final was her hardest, so she bumped it to the next week so she'd have more time to prepare and work with her teacher. Spend the weekend urging her to use her study guide. Was the holiday so no working with the teacher on Monday, and Tuesday was the deadline for all senior finals.

Spent the day Tuesday a nervous wreck, hitting 'refresh' on the school website where grades are posted, waiting for the results of Fridays finals to roll in and hoping she was preparing and taking her math final that she HAS to pass to pass the class. She comes home from school saying she took the test and it needed to be graded. Results from the other 5 tests coming in...C's and D's...passing. She has her 'sign off' slip that each teacher has to sign to say she passed, then her counselor and the principal has to sign it to say she fulfilled all the graduation requirements.
With a deadline time of 3:30, we go back to the school at 3. All the other teachers have signed her sheet. We go to the algebra teacher. It's graded.
SHE GOT A C! SHE PASSED! SHE'S GRADUATING!!!!

So, literally at the last possible moment, we find she made it. Call family to share the news. My mom says 'Of COURSE we'll be there!!' Aaaagggghhhh. Went from have no real graduation plans, to having to quickly make some. And having company, so now I have to clean my house and have 'good' snacks for Sunday!

Of course it's my weekend to work, so Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun up at 4:30, work, and squeeze in house cleaning, brunch supplies/prep, nice outfits for everyone. Spent my birthday Friday a stressed out mess with so much to do.
We did go out a nice dinner at our favorite Chinese place. I had 2 glasses of wine.

Sunday comes chilly and breezy but no rain. My mom and her husband arrive, nice visit. She hasn't been to our house in a couple years so met the new dog and the chickens.
Ceremony at 2 at the High School football stadium. Need jackets but rain holds off. Nice ceremony. Take pictures. Then a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse, mom goes home from there as it's nearer the highway.
Done. A successful day.

Pretty drained come Monday, after carrying a level of worry and stress for so long about getting this kid through school (years, and more intense the past few months) it's hard to just let it go. Will take a while to sink in I don't have to stress about it anymore.
Part of it was the uncertainty about future plans because we couldn't move forward signing her up for college, or applying for certain jobs all that require a high school diploma.

Didn't really plan a grad party and said maybe later in June so it wouldn't conflict with other parties so friends could be sure to come. Well, DH said she could have it THIS Saturday. So tired and just didn't want another DD 'event' and since DH agreed to it, have let him handle it. Thing is, for a successful party things need to be done a certain way, like make sure your best friends are available to come on that date before going further. At least it is just for her friends and an outdoor bonfire, with ordered pizza and snacks, so a 'set it up and let it go' thing. But there would still be a parade of kids in and out as they'd need the bathroom. Maybe just hide in my room?

So, it's not over yet.

Also in the middle of building a new, larger chicken coop since we're adding 4 more birds when they are big enough. Have the frame done, but had to put it on hold over the past busy week. It's a lovely day today, so plan on going out and cutting wood and hammering some nails. Still amazed at how wonderfully awful my carpentry skills are!

Has taken a while to write this all out, while being interrupted by kids and pets. Sorry so long!

Thank you all for not forgetting me while my world has been so crazy. Will refill my coffee and go back and read how my favorite ladies are doing.

"What does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

EDIT: Oh God, it said I took too long to post this and thought I lost it all! But was there when I hit the 'back' button! A moment of panic!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #38

Kelly, we will be right on the Torrey Pines Golf Course at the Hilton again. Luckily DH gets our room comped. We will be with DHs favorite cousins.

Becky, poison ivy improving??

I so need to remake every bed in the house. Stripped them all after guests but haven't remade. Plus I did mine today.

I am going out soon with a list of errands. I need to return shoes to DSW. I need some pillows. I bought new ones but too big or firm or something. Need hoses. Bought those hoses that you see on tv that shrink but they are a waste of money. They leak and don't work after a month.

DH gone till Friday. May see if Isabella around tonight and go see her.

Ran 5 miles this morning instead of tonight. The girl(31) I run with is sick.

Better get moving.

Tomorrow hair cut and brows. Have errands by that location I will wait till tomorrow and do. I need to go to Bath and Body Works for pump soaps.

I also need a shower gift for Becca.

So much to do!! Yet I am sitting here with a wet head!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #39

So happy to hear the good news about DD Kaye!!! Can she go to local community college? You don't really have to apply here. There is a process of testing and going to an advisor. As for jobs she will find one. Check local retirement communities and hospitals for one thing. We are always hiring where I work.

I know so many people who are out of work but most finding new jobs. Positions are getting cut many places. The unskilled low paying jobs go unfilled at the same time.

I can't build a thing Kaye!!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

PI is a little better. I mowed and where my hand sweated or made more blisters. I coils do without all the itchiness!

Waiting tomorrow for Alyssa's watch to come for her bd from amazon. All Hs wanted from us was a Disney fairy watch with all the fairies from the Tink movies and thank GOD I found one. Doing an inexpensive one doe Gracie that's a Minnie Mouse.- I'll fill the bag with little items.

Going to bed! I'm itching and want to get away from it!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #41

My husband is in Florida amongst the tropical storm. Of course my mom lives there and my brother is down there for a few weeks at his house. They bought a house there and will retire there.

Hair cut and brows day.

Had fun with DS28,DS30, their significant others and Bella last night. Brought dinner in for them all. I came in the door and Isabella came running with a hug and said grandma,grandma. Love her so much!!

Better go iron uniforms. Need to leave here at 9:30. Got all my errands done yesterday but realize I need to go to pick up a prescription today so can go after hair salon.

The Tropical Storm will head north. Worried about my friend hiking the Appalachian Trail. She is on a 5 day hike where she won't be near a town. They sleep in a reserved shelter. It should hit her tomorrow. I think she gets to a town Sunday.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #42
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Debbie - Hair and brows day for me too! Then a TWAW (The Well Armed Woman) meeting tonight followed by the shooting range tomorrow night!
Isabella

Becky - Hope you're better today!!! No sweating!

Kaye - So excited for you!!!! I went through the exact thing with DS24 and then worried as he struggled through college, but he (and I) survived!

Kelly - Summer school? Is he repeating a class or getting ahead?

Cindy - you will DEFINITELY need a vacation!!! Come and see me! Or meet me somewhere!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #43

Cindy, will your daughter find out the sex of her baby?

One more errand then home.

Went to Loft and bought 4 shirts, black shorts,one dress, cropped white jeans. All tops buy one get second half off.

Rain starting
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Raining here too Debbie.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #45

Mostly it is grey and sprinkling. I want to get my run in and want the storms to start after 7:45 or so.

DH comes home tomorrow. Storms could change his flight though.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, he's repeating freshmen English because he "forgot" to turn in a large portion of his writing first semester. He definitely has to repeat the first semester, we're waiting to see if she'll give him some credit for the portfolio he turned in late (as in today, and yes, yesterday was the last day of school)
We had frequent conversations that went like this.

Me: I see a zero posted for your rough draft did you do it?
Him: yeah, I turned it in, maybe I forgot to put my name on it.
Me: Are you sure?
Him: Oh, wait, here it is still in my backpack (when he would pull it out complete with his name on it)

Anyway, its been a frustrating year!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #47

Kelly, my second on used to do work and say he handed it in but the teacher would say be didn't.

I leave for running in 20 minutes and haven't changed. Just feeling lazy but I will get there and run. So far no thunder and lightening. Barely raining yet.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #48
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
MK, he's repeating freshmen English because he "forgot" to turn in a large portion of his writing first semester. He definitely has to repeat the first semester, we're waiting to see if she'll give him some credit for the portfolio he turned in late (as in today, and yes, yesterday was the last day of school)
We had frequent conversations that went like this.

Me: I see a zero posted for your rough draft did you do it?
Him: yeah, I turned it in, maybe I forgot to put my name on it.
Me: Are you sure?
Him: Oh, wait, here it is still in my backpack (when he would pull it out complete with his name on it)

Anyway, its been a frustrating year!

Boys!

I feel your pain!

Debbie & Becky - thanks for taking my rain!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

It rained half of today, cleared up in time for Kim and Cory to go to the brad paisley concert in Cincinnati.

The coworker that's been a thorn in my side that I through was my friend, her son shot himself and his girlfriend in his Columbus apt today. It's strange cu he was an awesome tattoo artist and I was thinking about him at 5:00, I looked at the clock and them thought that I should get dinner started but I was thinking of Getting dads memorial tattoo early instead of waiting til January. And I was thinking of maybe getting his tattoo in white and instead of the shamrock, doing his signature. So strange.

Going to get lyssa to bed.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #50
Queen Bargain Shopper

TGIF!!
Although that means a whirlwind weekend ahead.
DD23 comes home; final dress fitting and I will get mine finished as well.
I think she is going on a motorcycle ride with her Dad...... She asked DH and I think it will be nice for them to spend some time together.

Becky - that is weird - was the shooting fatal?
I need to tweak my foot tattoo and my wrist tattoo.....

Debbie - I can't wait for my grandbaby to come running saying Grandma, Grandma!
They find out NEXT WEEK!!!! I want to know right away - DD says they may wait to tell us on the weekend.....DD23 is NOT supposed to come home, but it's DH's bday on the 15th and she said she may come home for the day to celebrate AND find out about the baby. UGH!!!!

Off to work, meeting and then catch up. I am moving again and was hoping to move the move a long a little quicker since I am going to be off the 19th - 24th, but it may not happen....

Happy Friday all.............
Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #51

Cindy, as soon as you find out the sex you will be shopping.

Becky, horrible about coworkers son and GF.

Still raining. Rained hard last night. Will be wet tomorrow for our run. May use old shoes.

DH home tonight.

Better get up and get ready for work. I need to pay bills and go to the bank first.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #52

Quiet here.

Home from work. Very busy. Computers down so did everything old school. Slows everything down which isn't bad for me but not great for patients.

DH flying home.

Busy day tomorrow. Run at 7. Taking DS28 to buy some new clothes. His birthday is coming. He is changing jobs and won't wear chef clothes and needs work clothes.

Tired. Going to bed to watch TV and maybe to read if I can stay awake.

I will lay out my running clothes for tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, suicide/murder. Our daycare is trying to take up a collection to help with funeral costs. So far everyone has responses to the director with positive results.

Getting ready for a lunch/movie with our daycare. I can't GIGO the movie cuz the girls will be coming home but I can do lunch. It's at geesecake factory and I've never been there. That's what Gracie calls it, she knows the right name, she's just goofy like papa is. I going to get a salad off of the weight management menu. I googled it today. :-D. Oh, how I love google!'n
Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #54
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I think I totoally missed yesterday!
Miss me?!

The world just keeps spinning faster and faster and I'm not getting everything done - too many meetings, appointments, etc. I miss the days when the kids were an excuse!

Becky - so sad!! And such a waste of a good life!

Deb - are you still getting rain?

Cindy - you're going to have a whirlwind at your house!
Don't forget Father's Day is June 16th too!!

I hear grandkids are a lot of fun~ maybe someday!
But by then you all will have moved on to something else!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 06-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
I'm sitting on a pool deck in my sweatshirt & jeans, happy to find the stadium blanket I forgot was in my trunk. Brrr, lol.
DS15 had 3 games today & I think there are 2 tommorow. There are certainly worse ways to spend a day though.

DS19's friend got here Thursday & he is a really nice kid. His gf just "happened" to be nearby this weekend so they went & hit the tourist stuff with her & her friend yesterday.

Becky, so sad.

MK, somehow I don't think Kaye, Jenn, or me will be ready for grands for a long time. Just enjoy Merlin for now!

Cindy, hang in there, the wedding will be over & company gone before you know it!

Kaye, congrats to your DD! Yeah! She did it!

Debbie, Torrey pines isn't that far, definitely call me when you are here & hopefully we can meet for coffee, lunch, a walk/chat whatever works for you!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #56

Ran this morning. Hit Montgomery Mall with DH and DS28. Bought him clothes for new job. Got DH two shirts at Nordstoms.

Went to a restaurant called Not Your Average Joes for an early dinner. Came home and watched Silver Linings Playbook. Loved it.

Work 12 tomorrow. Did way too much lifting and pulling yesterday and paying for it tonight. I was fine all day. Praying I am better tomorrow because I can't call out.

Kelly, I am there Wednesday to Sunday. Other then hiking, laying by the pool and hanging out with cousins I don't know what we are doing. Two cousins who said they weren't coming may be coming after all.

Becca had trial hair and makeup done for the wedding. They got their invites. Guess I better finalize our guest list with addresses. Still need my dress and rehearsal dinner site. Jews don't rehearse but I do need to entertain those from out of the area.

Going to try and sleep. Took a nap around 1200 for 90 minutes. Not good for sleeping at night but I really needed it.

Goodnight sweet shorties!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Our work went to Cheesecake Factory today, did I mention it earlier? I got the skinnylicious hamburger. oMg!!! Soooo yummy! For a garden salad and of course a salad that came with it. I got the low carb cheesecake even though it isn't Jenny. It was so good and the atmosphere and service was wonderful!

Then i stopped at lowes and got a gallon of ceiling white and paint chips that I liked and left John choose from those? Canary yellow it will be. I also am going to decorate on French country or much as John will put up with. He doesn't like Knick-knacks
Or decor, he likes the plainer the better. Want it painted for my party. I wish we could do the living room but that's not gonna happen. I would love to do it when he's in Canada.

Going to bed, meeting Kim's new guy tomorrow, were taking them to Mimi's
Old 06-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #58
Queen Bargain Shopper

It's been a nice weekend.
DSIL is gone for the weekend for his brother's bachelor "party". Shouldn't been for an entire weekend, but that is another whole story......Anyway, she didn't want to spend the weekend alone, so packed a bag and came over Friday night......DD23 also came home for the weekend, so it's been SO nice having them both here under one roof, like the old days! You know that's not going to happen again......

Yesterday was DD's final dress fitting.....mine as well. We will pick them up on the 19th. DD looks absolutely beautiful - I can't wait for you to see her!

We ran some errands, got some stuff DD needed for reception and DD25 had summer school stuff to get. Then she went home to pick up and do some cleaning and DD23 went on a motorcycle ride with DH. DD25 and I went on a long walk - then we all came back home, I made pizza and we watched Identity Thief.

Where are you painting Becky? I like the yellow. Anxious to hear about the new guy. Has he met the girls?

MK - How are the girls doing? Any chance Colorado DD will move closer?

Debbie - We aren't "rehearsing" for DD's wedding - can't get into Turner Hall Thursday night, so we will do a run through at the restaurant. I'm all set with attire.....I am wearing a black maxi with wedges to rehearsal, and then of course my dress/shoes for the wedding - got my jewelry all figured out too.....

We are working on plans for DD's baby shower as well as everything else... I don't think DD23 can go without added stress in her life.

Kelly - why did you need a blanket? Was it in the 60's?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello Ladies!

A quick post...I seem to busier than I used to be! lol!

Last week of school coming up...so thankful for that. Because of the storm that came through, we ended up not going camping (yea!), but instead we had a condensed camp out in the church gym yesterday so that the boys could move up (scouts). It was really nice.

Lots going on this week. So looking forward to summer vacation, although there is a lot going on. It will be nice to be able to sleep in for a change!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, John didn't want to like Cory but he likes him a lot and now he's hoping it all works out for them. I was impressed with him. He seemed very genuine and seems to really like Kim without being fake. John talked more than I've heard him ever talk other than to Kim, my dad or to me.

I want to take Alyssa to Mimi's for lunch tomorrow for her birthday, just her and I. Kim said she would take Gracie with her cuz she still has to get her bd gifts. I still have to get a few more things for her.

Cindy I'm painting the kitchen, it's called canary yellow and its an Eddie Bauer paint color. We has white woodwork and wood cabinets. I don't know what kind of wood it is, I'll ask John. I'm going to do it a country French and I've pulled some oft Longaberger Baskets out to decorate with them. Im not going to so the chickens or roosters, whatever that I read is a big thing with country French. I got some of the ceiling white trimmed and I'm at kims waiting for the girls now.

I hope everyone has a good rest of their Sunday.
Closed Thread