Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: HaleysNana
WOE: Sugar Free...one day at a time!
Start Date: 4/12/04
Precious!! Great job!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #32
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
where is everybody?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #33
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/193.2/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
wow! 3 good days of work in a row! lets hope this continues for the week!

after work today I went and got a pedicure with the paraffin treatment. LOVE doing that! then I went to the grocery store (winco...I hate going there, lol). but Randy is out of ice cream and I was near there so decided to go stock up for him. um...I hadn't eaten all day and it was now 3:30 in the afternoon. got to the check out stand and looked at my cart and was all. hmmm, that didnt' work so well, LOL! oh well.

dh is leaving for work in about 10 minutes and I'm just going to hang out for awhile till bed time. probably glued to the couch watching tv and playing on the laptop.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
I'm going on a mini-vacation! I'm so excited.

My mom's younger brother who lives with her flew to CO yesterday to visit with some friends. When he moved here 5 years ago he drove his van and trailer and left his car in storage. He needs to get his car because his van is getting older and well, he wants his nice Volvo and not the 1980's conversion van. LOL. So, spur of the moment, I texted him last night and asked if he'd want company on the drive home. He was very surprised but excited for us to have our own little road trip.

I'm going to fly out to Denver Saturday morning. Good thoughts please that I get on my flight -- my mom is a retired Delta flight attendent so I am a primary to fly on stand-by passes. My ticket cost $33. We're going to stop in Hot Springs, SD for a night and then head through the Black Hills. I love Mount Rushmore -- haven't been there for several years. We'll be back Tuesday night.

Lots to do before I go -- it finally stopped raining so I need to go out and mow my jungle-yard. And make sure there's plenty of food for DD20 while I'm gone.

I'm excited -- I've really never done anything this impromptu! I SO need some time away from work!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #35
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
wow! 3 good days of work in a row! lets hope this continues for the week!

after work today I went and got a pedicure with the paraffin treatment. LOVE doing that! then I went to the grocery store (winco...I hate going there, lol). but Randy is out of ice cream and I was near there so decided to go stock up for him. um...I hadn't eaten all day and it was now 3:30 in the afternoon. got to the check out stand and looked at my cart and was all. hmmm, that didnt' work so well, LOL! oh well.

dh is leaving for work in about 10 minutes and I'm just going to hang out for awhile till bed time. probably glued to the couch watching tv and playing on the laptop.
I always hate when I do that too and it's also when I'm most likely to forget something critical

(last week I dropped by after 3 things and got home and realized I had a buggy of stuff because Charity and I were hungry when we were there and STILL had to go back out for 2 of the 3 things, snort)

the 2 non food items of course, dishwashing detergent and laundry detergent
Old 06-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #36
Random WIT

LOL! been there done that. I did get what I went for (which is amazing since I didn't hae a list written down) but a bunch extra.

I will be scarce the next few days. I am reachable by text or email and will read on fb and here a little but won't post much. too hard from the phone. Its girls weekend. a group of 4 of us from high school are going to the beach. too bad the weather is looking to be cold. oh well. it will be fun, anyway. except I wish it wasn't this weekend. dh is off and I hate leaving when he's home.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Stews - have a great time with girls weekend! I love the coast!

Peskie - I'm "famous" for going to the store with a list and still come home without things I had on my list.

I'm packed and the tomorrow's 7:30AM flight looks good -- as of noon today there were 24 open seats and 13 "non-revs" listed. 3 of those non-revs are from a competitor airline and while I'm pretty much the bottom of the priority list (as a retiree classification), I go before competitor airline non-revs.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #38
Random WIT

hi everyone. I did have a fun weekend with my friends but it is so nice to be home with dh again. also nice that this is the last day of school. I get out early. boys are done at 9:45 this morning and I may have a few things to finish up but will be out soon after. I want to make sure the class is in order for the summer staff since I won't be there. its also nice that i can go enjoy dh's pancake night tonight and not think about having to come home and go to bed immediately .

Kim, I hope you enjoyed your last minute getaway. its nice you could go.

have a great day, everyone.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #39
Random WIT

we had a nice breakfast late last night. dd22 joined us. she's been doing that lately. came home and next thing I know I'm falling asleep on the couch. haha, I posted on fb how its nice to not have to go to bed at a reasonable time unless I want to and here I was falling asleep, LOL!

I'm up, had my devotions, watered my flowers and am sitting here with the laptop enjoying the morning. too bad I'm starting the summer break with a back issue, but it could be worse. I could be dealing with work and a back issue .

Last edited by stews; 06-19-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #40
Random WIT

dh and I have our first concert of the summer this Friday.

we are going to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #41
Random WIT

ended up calling and making a chiro appointment for this morning. will leave shortly. I'm not terrible, but not good either. figured it wouldn't hurt to go get an adjustment. I have a massage a chiro appointment next week too.

I also may try and get the chemicals in the hot tub regulated. i haven't used it in awhile so may take a bit of adjusting.

other than that no plans today really. dh is working his 2nd night of graveyard tonight so will sleep most the day. I'm going to stop and get a coffee on the way home from my appointment I think. I didn't get my nightly chat convo with dd22 last night. good excuse for coffee. I can see her
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #42
Random WIT

got my hair cut/colored this morning. came home and topped off the hot tub and am working on getting the chemicals where they should be. going to try and get back in the habit of using it regularly. maybe it will help as much as my neck/back are bothering me lately.

waking dh up shortly. no other plans really, until tonight when we head tot he concert. hope my back relaxes some by then. most of those concerts you spend standing the whole time. yikes!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #43
Random WIT

concert was good last night. both bands still can put on a good show even after FORTY years!

no big plans today other than going to the semi pro baseball game in town tonight. dh got free tickets and all you can eat through his work.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
Random WIT

still nobody in here but me *sigh*. well, I'll come back and chat when someone wants to come play . I do hope you are all out having a good time. miss you all.

I'll check in tonight or tomorrow again
Old 06-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #45
Random WIT

One its the loneliest number...

No big Poland today. Chiro appointmentand meeting someone to by a pampered chef stoneware bar pan from them. Never used! Score!!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm here

Just got the Internet hooked up today. Been super busy unpacking and making this house our home. We love it so far
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #47
Random WIT

yeah!!!!

sorry I didn't see this till now. I've been checking once or twice a day to see if we've been revived but somehow missed your post.

so glad you have internet again. I miss Miss MISS you! So glad you are getting settled and its starting to feel like home.

I will check in later to see if you or anyone comes back to chat. I will be gone for awhile, though. massage chiro, then lunch with dd22 soon after my appointment.

Last edited by stews; 06-26-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #48
Random WIT

quick pop in while I wait for dd22 to get here to go to lunch. we are going to a new sushi place. I don't like sushi but I've heard nothing but positive about the place and dd loves sushi. I will get something else but may try 1 piece. we'll see. I've yet to try anything I like as far as sushi goes, though.

had a wonderful massage followed by chiro adjustment. going back Fri for another adjustment and see if I can't get myself back to only needing to go for a touch up every few weeks.

I also am going to make myself get back into an exercise routine. may have to be a little careful and very aware at first but I can at least get in and do something, even if its just a little.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #49

So sad that no one is here

I'm back to weight loss mode as of today. Maintained very well the last month...surprisingly since I ate a TON of junk!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #50
Random WIT

I'm HERE! I have been sitting out on my front porch with the pups most the day. I started out there, then went to the chiro, to the store and back out to the porch.

I've only been in the house about an hour today. figured I better enjoy it while I can. its supposed to get really hot this weekend (hotter than we usually get) so I won't want to be out there much in the afternoon's most likely.

then, my Dad and L invited Liana and I to come to dinner tonight (dh has to go to work). so when Liana gets off about 7 I'm picking her up and heading out for a late dinner. she could a turkey .

my eating today has been really good. I had a mango and a protein shake made with almond milk for breakfast. then I had a salad and some melon and pineapple for lunch. sipped on a coconut water with pineapple drink (all natural ingredients. that was pretty tasty for a change). oh and I ate the last of my cucumber I had from my last bountiful basket. pick up fresh produce tomorrow morning.

I'm glad you've been able to maintain, jackie. nice! I'm up a little but not that much I think. I am going to get back to an exercise routine again in the next few days. was going to today but then....well, you know how that goes, LOL.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #51
Random WIT

OH OH, and I don't think I told you guys. in order to raise some extra money towards Missions my church held a silent auction. it ended this past Sunday. there was a hand made quilt that I was interested in. its queen size and the colors looked like it would go in my guestroom pretty good without feeling like it doesn't belong unless we paint all the walls (not ready to paint it even though it needs it). anyway, I've wanted something like this for so long but when I price them they are EXPENSIVE! anyway, I decided I'd bid up to 200.00 on it. so when we went to church sunday I started at 150. after church before we left I checked and it was up to 175 so I upped it to 200. but then I 2nd guessed myself and went back and changed it to 225 (figured, its only 25 above my limit. then we left. I hadn't heard anything so I figured I got outbid. anyway, I found out yesterday that I WON it! I love it. the colors go great in the room. there is one wall that doesn't go as well, but its not right next to it and has the dresser in front of it so it doesn't stand out.

here is a close up so you can see the color combination

here it is laid out on the guest bed. I have the sheets for the bed in the wash so I don't have it all put together with the pillows and stuff but I wanted to show the quilt off
Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #52
Random WIT

I was getting hungry so finished up my melon and pineapple to hold me till dinner. I'm really hoping dd22 will get out of work quickly tonight so we can get over there and eat. . bad part is, on hot days she is sometimes very busy selling lots of fraps and iced drinks. they ended up having to cut hours for the week (not hers, but over all hours). that means she was in the kiosk by herself all afternoon/evening so if it stayed busy she wont' have time to do anything ahead of time so can take a lot longer to get out.

dad and L are holding dinner till we get there so hopefully won't be too late. yikes!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #53

It's SO pretty stews!! I'd love a quilt for our guest room.

Did well today eating. We made s'mores tonight on our new firepit. Kyle had so much fun! I had 1/2 a s'more made with dark chocolate.

Planning on a longer run in the morning as long as the rain holds off. Running is why I've maintained. I ran 4 miles almost daily in NY. Shame..could have actually lost some weight if I'd eaten well. Oh well..I'm down to my last 10 pounds..always a pain
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #54
Random WIT

I think you are doing great when you think about what all you've had going on the last few weeks. mmmm smores! I haven't had one in years!

we had a nice dinner with Dad and L. dd22 is up in the exercise room now then she will probably head home shortly. she works at 10 in the morning so I doubt she'll be here too late tonight. I have the windows and back door open until I go to bed trying to cool it off as best I can then will open it all up in the morning again until its getting warm. at that point I'll close everything up and live like a hermit for the afternoon, I guess.

I'll head to bed soon after dd22 heads home. I have to be up early to go pick up my bountiful basket plus I heard about a garage sale up the road that is supposed to have lincoln logs in the original container. dd24's boyfriend wants some, lol. He really wants some from the time frame that he would have played with them growing up. the lady that has the sale said they were at her grandma's house so hopefully it will work out and be good enough. hoping they are in reasonable shape and even if its a small set I can surprise him and tell him its his starter set, lol.

Last edited by stews; 06-28-2013 at 10:26 PM..
Old 06-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #55
Random WIT

ugh, I'm hot. and we have to go hope dd22's roommate's mom with some moving. blech! I NO WANNA!

on the plus side, I did get my bountiful basket of fruit this morning. haven't had time to wash it all up yet but I put it in the fridge to keep till I do in the next day or so. I was afraid since its so warm the lettuce would get too wilty if I left it out till I can get to it.

I also have to get the guest bed made up. I washed the sheets but haven't put it together. dd24 may be here tonight. (not sure, but they might be).
Old 06-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #56

looks like its just us stews

Got in my run this morning despite not sleeping. Stella got 2 teeth yesterday!!! She's actually been pretty good about it too. A little fussy at times but nothing major at all. I can't believe she has teeth!! Kyle was 5 months older than this!!

Hit a new scale low. 1.4 pounds and I'm outta the 120's. can't wait to see that
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #57
Random WIT

wow, teeth already. how does that happen so fast? lol. I'm glad she is handling it well so far.

you are doing so good!

I'm roasting, but my back is really hurting after helping someone move for a few hours today and then dh and I went shooting. I think dd22 and I are going to go sit in the hot tub. won't last long but maybe it will help my back relax a little. dd24 and her boyfriend may be here tonight too so I don't want to spend too long out there so that I can be ready to visit if they get here tonight.

I'll be around a little more tomorrow most likely. and for sure more on Monday. today was just really busy.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #58

Ohh..hot tub sounds nice! We have a huge jacuzzi tub but I've yet to be in it. Dh went in with the kids one night

Just got back from my run. New time today for my 5k. Felt good it's hard to get out of bed with the whole house sleeping though!!

Not sure what we are doing today. Might go check out the local mall. Tonight they are sowing wreck it Ralph outside at this shopping center so we are going to take Kyle.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #59
Random WIT

I think I'll be using the hot tub again tonight, probably. I am hurting so bad I can't hardly stand it . it makes me mad because I was really careful with how I lifted and what I lefted and stopped at the first twinge of tightening, etc. and I'm as bad or worse than when the problem first arose . this sucks!

had a nice visit with dd24 and her boyfriend for a little bit and going to meet them for lunch shortly. first run by to see if the local sporting good stores has any amo in since we went shooting yesterday and used up some of ours. I killed that target, I tell you! I wasn't too far away from it most the time, but still

glad you got a good run in. I am going to have to just walk to start with. was going to get my weight routine going again but now i need for my back to relax a little first.

Have fun at the movie. that sounds fun. dh works early tomorrow so we'll probably just hang out here, especially with me not feeling good really. head to bed early. dd22 will probably be here but we'll go to bed before she leaves tonight. she is here most days right now as she decided to come by after work every day to work out.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #60
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
New thread: ~~~~ WIT's creating fireworks in July ~~~~
Closed Thread