Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/241.5/234 by 7/21/14
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Hello everyone!

It is hot hot hot here today. already 91 at noon. I'm starting to feel better but haven't been to the gym for a! week. My chiropractor suggested not going and icing my leg, hopefully to calm it down so it gets better. Its so frustrating! It looks like I will have a temporary 6 month contracting job starting sometime next month. I'm good with that. I was hoping for permanent full time, but a lot can happen in six months and it will be a good to get back into the swing of things but not be crushed by the swing of things. So I guess I better get all of that stuff on my to do list, done!

Diane--hope things are working out. Take good care of yourself.

Rachel--how are you doing?

Charlene--what's up with you this weekend.

Hannah--how are things going.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking. Have a good day.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
We have had a sudden unexpected death in our family. My uncle died at a friend's kitchen table this morning. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

So very sorry for your families' loss Rachel.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Rachel - I am so sorry. Will definitely keep your family in my prayers!

Hannah - how are you and the situation you are dealing with?

Beth - hope your leg gets better.

Hey Diane!

I'm up and at 'em. Fighting with the Best Buy Geek Squad. I drove all the way to Waco again yesterday to pick up my phone and they never tried to activate it or anything. I could never get the device to connect on the way home. AT&T told me I had a stolen device and it was blocked and suspended from working. Now I am beyond ticked. It's been 4 days without a phone. UGH!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

It is going to be a scorcher today. It was 100 degrees yesterday and should be hotter today. DH has a gig tonight, but it is down in Sausalito and is on the bay so it should actually be a great night. It looks like I might have a temp job for the next 6 months starting sometime over the next few weeks. Its also part time but the hourly rate will make it very close to my previous salary. One never knows where that will take me. I'm both excited and bummed. I like not working, but I also like having an income. Still haven't gone to the gym and probably won't go before next Tuesday. Giving my leg a rest and it seems to be getting better. So I'm starting to feel a little better.

Rachel-so sorry to hear about your family member. Are you doing another 5k today?

Hannah--how are you and your DD. I see it was your DS 4th birthday. I hope he had a great day.

Charlene--Best Buy was selling stolen phones?! I would be all over them, management and corporate. That is outrageous! Hope you are planning a fun weekend.

Diane--how are you doing this weekend?

Have a good day all. I'm not planning a lot because of the gig tonight. We leave home at 5:30 and don't get home til midnight.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #96

Morning Slimmers!

Just got back home from the 5k. I had a PR of 35 minutes. This was the most emotional race yet for me. I did it for my grandma. She died from ovarian cancer when I was 13. My oldest DD, my mom and 1 of her sisters walked it. After I ran I went to find them out on the trail so we could all cross the finish line together!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - that is AWESOME!!!! Made me tear up!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #98

Good morning Slimmers!

A slight change of plans for us. We were originally suppose to leave for vacation today at 7:00. Instead I will be heading to St Louis with my parents to spend the day with my uncle's (the 1 who died suddendly) family. We will leave for vacation at 2:00 a.m. instead.

I am not sure what my weight is this morning. I am not sure what my exercise will be over the next 4 days except walking. I will try to get some weights and squats in at some point today before bed.

Beth: congrats on your new job!

Charlene: thanks!

Diane: i will keep your son in my prayers!

Hannah: i am still praying for your family!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Had a house full of teens playing XBOX tournaments until 5:00 a.m. And they are already back over here at it again at 1:00! LOL It is so funny hearing them in there griping about the game. There are 3 boys and my dd and they are 15-17 years old playing a Lego Indiana Jones game. It's a hoot! Love it tho.

I finally found a weight bench with the Olympic bar and weights for $100! A gal got a divorce and it was stored in her shed. It is in great condition! DH said I got a deal because the bar alone is worth nearly that much new. So that completes my "gym"!!! Can't wait to use it. I got it put together but I need to tighten it up.

We have a leak in our pool somewhere and now have to wait to see what's up with that. Always something!

On the phone update...Best Buy and I went round and round. I didn't think I was treated very fairly and was getting annoyed that they never would return my calls. I got SO EMOTIONAL - but probably from this --> the sister that I am so very close to, came to pick up the rest of her things she had moved here and once she got home, text me saying she was done with us and didn't want to be a part of our family anymore. She's the one that's basically been disowned from all other family members, including her own children. I was the only one left who loved her and stood up for her. I guess it stems from I have been trying to work things out with my mother again and she doens't understand how I could.

Anyway, I broke down finally with a Best Buy manager and was going to have to take the phone back, wait for another to be ordered and then go back and pick it up again. Once I cried, the gal told me to come on to Waco and she would take care of me. She got me set up with a BRAND new device - not a refurbished like I was supposed to get (and did the first time). So I am happy!!! But, the above situation had me crying all the way to Waco yesterday.

Rachel - enjoy your trip. I hope you have a lovely visit with your family too.

Beth - it's very hot here as well.

Diane - what's up with you?

Hannah - HIya!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

See our new thread for July Slimmer by Fall--July Edition
Closed Thread