Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
TGIF Slimmers!

Forgot to weigh this morning.

Just did 180 squats. Getting ready to do arms. Will get atleast 3 miles in for cardio at some point today. Tomorrow is another 5k race.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! I took a group of teens on a 2-day fishing and cliff jumping trip. We had an absolute BLAST! Wore me out! I'll post pictures on FB soon and let you see what a great time it was. Fantastic! Waiting on dd15 to wake up so we can do our workout.

Diane - sorry you are so stressed about the party. I hope it goes off without a hitch. As for the Curt thing - I hope you whatever is meant to be will be. I have no thoughts because it seems he can't be read.

Rachel - sounds like the squat challenge is phenomenal! I bet you'll get great results.

Beth - we actually have a TENS unit we purchased for electrical stimulation when dh's neck was so bad. It is amazing.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning everyone!

Hope you are having a great Friday. My leg was feeling a lot better until I had to crawl all over the side of our hill picking up garbage that was dumped out of the garbage can when the wind blew it over. Then it started acting up again. Its not too bad right now, but it still hurts. Going to see the chiropractor again today. And will run off to the gym soon since I have to be back home for an 11 am call.

Charlene--your trip sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Did you finally get DD up to work out?

Rachel--another 5k tomorrow! Go go grl! I have a squat intensive day today, somewhere in the neighborhood of 240 if I can summon up that much energy. That oughtta get my leg pretty happy, NOT! I need to focus on water, I'm drinking way too much soda!

Diane--how are you today?

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Man, you can tell a full moon is coming. People at the gym were absolutely crazed and self absorbed, coming into my workout space (I hate being hovered over) or trying to grab a machine when I just stepped away between sets. I didn't even get to finish my routine or my stretching because I was ready to explode. GRRRRR. OK, rant done. For now.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I am in a huge rush.. have to get the rest of the party stuff tonight, except for things like balloons, ice, and pizza that need to be picked up tomorrow.. ugh.. so much to do! At least DD can help me tomorrow. AND I still need to make the Oreo Truffles and finish the slide show!

I got snacky late last night.. it was SO not a good night and I was VERY aggravated and stressed, but I won't go into that. So the scale punished me by going up a few lbs. I have been very very good today, so I am hoping it is back down tomorrow.

Ok, I am going to go get myself a pedicure before I do the rest of the shopping.. I deserve it!!! I will try to check back in again tonight........
Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #66

Just a quick good morning before I head out the door to the 5K. My legs are sore today so not sure how the will effect me in the run. Today is 185 squats. I probably wont get those in until tonight. I will be back later for personals. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I had a great night's sleep. I discharged a lot of emotion yesterday and went to the gym which usually wears me out. Its going to be a warm day here and then a cold front is coming in and we are actually expecting rain. That rarely happens in June, and they are predicting a lot of rain which NEVER happens in June. My leg/hip are sore today, but more like after workout sore, not constant pain sore. No gym today, rest day. I slept for like 10 hours last night, so I can tell I was tired. I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds for use at the gym (my other pair died last week). Anyone have any suggestions or favorites?

Diane--I'm sure everything will go great for the party. Don't stress. Hope you enjoyed the pedi, you certainly deserved it!

Rachel--good luck on your 5k this morning. A little ibuprofen or Tylenol will get you thru the race just fine.

Charlene--what's up for the weekend?

Have a good day all!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Yes, I finally did dd15 up and we did an upper body workout plus sprints. Yesterday she had 2 basketball games and then her cousin came over for a bit and she ended up going back home with him. It's been kind of a quiet weekend - I think I'm still recovering from that 2 day trip. hehehe

Beth - glad you slept well. I have not been sleeping well - not that I did anyway, but now I'm waking up in the middle of the night and the only place I can fall back asleep is the couch. On the earbuds - I always just go with the cheapies. I still have some I've had for 2 years. How those gym people acted is one of the reasons I like having my own little gym....but I do miss the variety of the gym.

Diane - how did the party go? I bet it was a success!!!

Rachel - how did you do in your 5K?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #69

Good morning Slimmers!

I am not feeling up to par today. Not sure why but my stomach is having issues. I am going to try to make it to church. I am also doing some light house cleaning this morning.

I added 2 minutes which was my time from 4 weeks ago. I did much better 2 weeks ago when my time was 36 minutes. I am very disappointed in myself. I really want to see 35 minutes before the month is over. The entire race was on loose gravel and it was very hot & humid. I am hoping this Saturday's race time is better.

Charlene: i dont sleep well either.

Beth: the only earbuds that dont hurt my ears are the marshmellow ones. I love them!

Diane: how was the party?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Its a cloudy morning, cooler than yesterday and rain is predicted today and for the next two days. There is a big NASCAR race at the track close to my house (Infineon Raceway) and so the traffic over that way is crazy. NASCAR only races here once a year, but it is certainly the biggest and Jeff Gordon is from Vallejo, which is just on the other side of the bay. Did next to nothing yesterday, finished reading a book, did a little meditation. DH has an audition this afternoon with his bass player to back up a duo who is coming up from southern CA. They have six gigs up here and are looking for a rhythm section. He also has another band interested in talking to him. He'll keep playing with Rumors but they seem stuck in a rut and the guitar player is never ever available for rehearsal. He also had his contract extended for another three months, and then will get a new contract after that.

Rachel--don't be so hard on yourself about your time being 2 minutes more. You were running under different conditions and that affects everyone. Heat and humidity changes how well you breathe which affects performance. And the course was different. Just like in golf, the course affects how well people play it. You did great! You ran. You finished. Kudos!

Charlene--enjoy a quiet weekend! Yesterday it was so peaceful and quiet. Compared to last year with all the craziness and smoke and nastiness, the peace has returned to the valley and so have the animals. I saw a jack rabbit on the hill yesterday which I haven't seen in a very long time. Friday at the gym was unusual. There were 8 different people that were a pain, and it wasn't even crowded at the gym. I can tolerate one or perhaps even two, but EIGHT!!!! I usually don't go at that time of the day, my favorite time is around noon or early afternoon.

Diane--how was the party!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

I'm going to go out and get a pair of earbuds. I've researched just about everything and am really confused. DH got another set for his wireless inear monitor but while I love the sound quality, the cord is too long and I don't want to be using $100 headphone. But sound quality is important to me (remember I run sound for the band so I'm always paying attention to the mix) and I want them to stay in my ears. I found this moldable earbud insert that I can use on just about any kind of earbuds. So off to best buy I go. And the gym later.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #71

Evening Slimmers!

200 squats today. They have gotten easier but OUCH! I cant believe 1 week from today I have to do 250. Also did a nice arm workout.

Beth: thanks for the encouragement!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! About to wake sleeping beauty up and do a workout. Upper body and sprints again. I'm gonna make her run faster this time. We watched the Katy Perry movie last night and I have a new found respect for that girl. She's precious - kind of kooky - reminds me so much of my dd15. lol

Good to see everyone hitting the workouts! Keep up the good work!

Rachel - I know the time on your running bums you out, but it happens. Maybe this next run you'll shave some time off. Good job on the squats.

Beth - yes, that's awesome about how peaceful it is where you are compared to what you used to post. Has anyone moved in there? I used to be a HUGE NASCAR fan! I went to several races, had season tickets to Texas Motor Speedway when they first opened, and get this....Jeff was my favorite! I even had his jacket with my name embroidered on it! LOL

Diane - check in and let us know you survived!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday. Decided I needed to rest my leg another day, and then I didn't sleep well because it was causing me pain during the night. Back to the chiropractor today. I am sooooo tired of this. I just want to be strong and pain free! I did manage to finally get new earbuds. I went to Best Buy and found the ones that I wanted and then I saw the ones that I originally was going to buy. I debated over the two, but decided on the less expensive set because the original ones were twice the price and blue (and my ipod shuffle is green). And I LOVE the ones that I got. Have a really really great sound, great full bass, midtones are great and the high end is not tinny. Much better than the ones I had (for which I paid the same price) AND these have mic in them so I can use them for my phone. And they stay in my ears great Sol Republic JAX earbuds in white. I actually think they are better than the ones that dh uses for his in-ear monitor. Tomorrow I will hit the gym. DH's audition went well but he and the bass player decided that they didn't want to back the duo because they were dreadful, just didn't want to play in front of people that they know locally with a less than stellar group.

Charlene--Jeff came in 2nd by 8 seconds yesterday. One of my neighbors has a racing team that is homed at Infineon. But his team is an Indy car team. I live like 5 miles from Infineon (Sonoma Raceway may be its newest name, we all call it Sears Point).

Rachel--200 is a LOT of squats. What are you up to today?

Diane--did you survive?

Have a good day all!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene--yes we have had new neighbors for about 3 months. A nice couple who each have kids by previous marriages. The woman has 3 daughters, 15, 12 and 7 ish. They are here every other week. But I rarely hear them at all. It is possible to come and go and not announce it to the world. We can have our windows open with no smoke or loud talking or screaming or booming music. They are a very nice quiet family. Thank goodness. The valley is back to what it used to be.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew! Boy oh boy was I scrambling to get that party set up and ready.. I got the key to the clubhouse at 4:30 and the party was at 6.. I had to decorate, transport the tables and everything else (drinks, food, decorations...) I had to decorate on the spot AND still bake the Skyline dip and buffalo chicken dip. The party was nice, no drama... we had WAY WAY WAY too much food! My ex ended up taking a bunch of the left over catered food, I have some, and I gave a bunch to my DS21 too! At one point I marched in with about 5 or 6 kids that were outside by the pool and let them load up plates of goodies.. they were happy! (I hope their parents weren't mad!) I threw away SO much dip.. veggies, cheese cubes.. they had been sitting out for 4 hours. Oh well.

As expected, some people didn't come that had said they were, and some people came that hadn't. I got to see my ex's brother and his family for the first time in years! It was nice.. I miss them (but no one else from his family!) And then there was the ex. He came alone.. strangely, he talked to me quite a bit.. very nicely.. it was weird! He LOVED the slideshow I made and got a copy of it off of my laptop. As we were talking I looked over at my DD who was watching us with the strangest look on her face! I said something about it and my ex and I did a strange booty dance LOL.. OMG! Just for a few seconds, but it got a good laugh! Afterwards one of my friends told me "He still likes you!" uhhhhhhhhh.... uhhhhh.... ok.. well, even if that is true, it doesn't matter! I think he was just feeling nostalgic.. the slideshow does that to people.

The weirdest thing was he started talking about how awkward it is to say my name.. and when he accidentally calls his wife by MY name.. If he still does that after all this time, he has issues! I don't have a clue why he would randomly bring that up.

So anyway, the party was a success.. I wish more of DDs friends had come.. I hate that about these parties.. they say they are coming and then don't, but enough people came anyway between her friends, family, my friends, old neighbors, coworkers.... the slideshow was a big hit! I was pretty happy with it, but I know I could have done much better if I had started working on it a month or two ago instead of a week ago!

The day after the party in the morning I felt fine.. went to step class, was only up .4 lbs, and was happy with that. THEN late afternoon I started feeling super tired and fell asleep.. I dreamed that I tried to get up and walk and couldn't.. I also felt a chill or weird wave go from my head to my feet in my sleep. I woke up still feeling drugged out tired and achey. Thought I was getting sick , but feel fine today. I have had that happen more than once in the past.. don't know why or what it is, but maybe I was just exhausted? Didn't seem like I should have been THAT crazy tired. Its that BEYOND tired.. like I was on anesthesia or something!

Rachel: How many squats did you start out doing and how often do you up the amount? Is this some kind of program? I'm sure you said before what you were doing, but please refresh my memory! .. yes, I'm sure the running conditions had an impact on your time.. don't beat yourself up over it!

Beth: I have always had a problem with earphones staying in my ears! I finally bought some that hook over the top of your ear so they CAN'T fall out. I thought I just had weird shaped ears or something! ..... I had uploaded my slideshow to facebook but they removed it within like 2 minutes saying it might be violating copyright blah blah blah.." Then I thought, but people share YouTube video's ALL the time.. so I put it on YouTube then shared it on facebook.. problem solved! (at least for now).

Charlene: I've not been a huge fan of Katy Perry, although I do like some of her songs.. I have seen clips from the movie though, and actually do want to see it! I want to see the new Sandra Bullock movie.. looks funny, although I really like SB, I'm afraid she plays the same character in most of her movies and this one is no exception
Old 06-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I am up and did a cardio workout alone. DD12 and I have endo appts today. DD15 and I will do our leg workout this afternoon.

My brand new Note 2 phone - I've had 3 months - was totaled yesterday! First time I have ever BROKE a phone. (I've lost one before lol). Anyway, someone showed up to give us a futon bed/couch for the game room and I set my phone on the hood of my car. DD15 and I drove off and I let her drive back. She ran over it, we think. We found it on another trip out of the driveway with tire marks on it and a cracked screen. I think I got it backed up and thankfully I had insurance. I came *this close* to cancelling it last month!! I am having to make a flying trip to Waco later to pick up the new one.

Beth - hope you get to make it to the gym and that your leg feels better today.

Diane - Wowsers, the party sounds wonderful! Sounds glad you and the ex got along and had a good time to boot. That is so weird he would bring up that he calls his new wife your name. AWKWARD! LOL

Rachel - good job on the squats!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #77

Good morning Slimmers!

Scale refuses to budge from 130! I am going to shake things up over the next couple of days to see if I can get it to move. Up for today is 220 squats, arms, abs and atleast 30 minutes of cardio.

Diane: i am doing a 30 day squat challenge off of tribesports. Day 1 started with 50 squats and by day 30 is 250 squats.

Beth: how are ya feeling today? Things are busy here this week. Dentist appts, show choir meetings, watching my nephews, birthday parties, getting ready for vacation, etc.

Charlene: I love that you are working out with your DD!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momof2mms
Stats: 5'7" 256/233/160
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: 3/19/2013 Restart
Hey everyone!

I know...it's been forever! I've been very busy and very stressed.

Remember me telling y'all that I was going to the beach for a mini vacay? I took the kids down on Tuesday and stayed Wednesday. My MIL wanted the kids to stay for the rest of the week. I came home Wednesday night. Thursday MIL took DS, DD and my nephew to the pool, who is the same age as DD to the pool. They spent all day there. That evening MIL and FIL took DS and the pool toys, towels etc up to the condo and told DD and nephew that they could play for a few more minutes and them come up too. As soon as the were out of sight DD was attached by a 49 year old Mexican man. He called her by name and approached her in the pool. He asked kept asking her if she was "curious". Of course she has no idea what that meant. Nephew saw what was going on and said 'let's go'. The man wouldn't let her leave and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her toward the other side of the pool away from nephew. The man held her wrist and put her hand 'below his belly button' (her works exactly). Nephew freaked out and ran into the lobby area. He then came back out and yelled to her that Nana is calling them and they need to go now ( she wasn't, he was making it up trying to get DD away from the man ). DD pulled away from the man and started backing up, he kept coming closer and held is fist up telling her she couldn't leave. She finally was able to get out of the pool. He yelled back at her calling her by her nickname and saying that he'd see her later. DS is the only one who called her by her nickname other than me. He had been watching her all day. They ran up to the condo and told MIL and FIL who went back down and called security. As soon as security showed up the man pretended to be drunk. MIL made security call the police, she then punched the man. The police wouldn't arrest the man. WTH? The next day MIL took DD and nephew to the police station to again try to file a report and press charges. The police issued a warrant to the man who lives in Louisiana. We have a hearing on July 11th. DD is still upset...we all are. Just thinking about it and what could have happened makes me so sick!

Needless to say I haven't stuck to plan, haven't even been going to the gym regularly. DH and I are taking both kids to New Orleans this weekend to just get away and to celebrate DS's 4th birthday. We are going to the aquarium and zoo!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Hannah! How awful! I'm just sick about what happened! It actually brought back a memory of my own that happened to me on the beach when I was about 12.. I never told my parents and the guy got away with it. I SO HOPE that the guy is arrested and charged.. I can't BELIEVE they didn't arrest him! What reason did they give? I can't blame you for not being on plan and not checking in with us.. OMG. HUGS to you and your DD!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

In a real funk lately. Don't know what's going on.

Hannah--so sorry to hear about what happened. I'm shocked that they didn't arrest the guy. Around here it would have been on the 6:00 news. What an awesome kid that was so quick on his feet to try to turn the situation around. I would be on the phone to the local news media to call attention to the poor performance of the police. We're here for you!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #81

Morning Slimmers!

Hannah: i will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers! How awful for your DD and you guys.

Scale is at 129 this morning. Today is 225 squats and cardio. i am doing better getting my water in these last few days. Eating has been going very good. I am in love with spaghetti squash right now. Not sure how my eating or water will be whilemwe are on vacation though.

I have so mich to do before we leave Sunday morning. Today I am hoping to clean the house, do laundry and start working on getting the camper ready. Everything needs done by Friday evening because Saturday is packed full.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Hannah! I am so sorry that happened. I am so glad you checked in with us and let us know what's going on. Will definitely keep your family in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}} I am in shock they didn't arrest him as well!

Endo appt went well - they increased both my dd13 (TODAY is her birthday! - that's so weird to write 13 - I had first written 12!) and my meds. Thankfully my iron and Vit D were back up. I was 194 on the dr. scale. I am so ready to be out of the 90's - that weight is exactly what I weighed at the dr. 6 months ago!

DD15 and I will have to do a double workout this morning because we were too busy yesterday to get it in. It's legs and core. She'll be sucking wind. hehehe

Rachel - spaghetti squash is one on my absolute favs!!! I love to cook it while the rest of the family has regular spaghetti.

Diane - have you recovered from your busy weekend?

Beth - hope you get to feeling up to par today.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #83

Charlene: glad your endo appt went well. What are some of your favorite ways to fix spaghetti squash? DD19 made an awesome veggie spaghetti sauce on Sunday. It was diced tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, zucchini and spices. I had mine over spaghetti sauce and it was awesome! I also like it with chicken and alfredo sauce.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - the main way I eat it is with spaghetti sauce. I also like Parmesan cheese and some seasonings. I've seen a couple on allrecipes I want to try though - one baked dish and one with feta cheese. and tomatoes.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #85

Morning slimmers!

Scale is at 128 this morning! Today is 235 squats. I am going to do a complete body strength training. I want to take tomorrow off from any strength training to see if that helps me with my 5k Saturday.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #86

Beth: somehow I missed your post about being in a funk. I hope you are feeling better!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Rachel, I'm starting to come out of it.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I am sooooo sore form that double workout yesterday! It took us 2 hours! Today we did sprints. Got a house full of teens and they are cracking me up with their dancing and playing XBOX. Fun stuff!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone.. it has been a LONG week. I won't go into it, but it's far from over. Having some serious issues with one of the boys.. spent the whole day yesterday at my ex's house! How weird was that? VERY! Anyway, my son could use serious prayers right now.. he is really going through it (this is Meadow's dad).

My weight is bouncing around a bit since the party. Dang leftovers! I was really good yesterday and mostly today, but tonight I had a bit of a carb fest. Hanging around in the mid 90s.

Got to get some sleep.. sorry I don't have the energy for personals, but I have been reading your posts..
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I got in an upper body workout and cleaned out my car. Taking dd13 shopping today for her birthday.

Diane - I will keep your son in my prayers. So sorry there is an issue and I hope it gets resolved soon. {{{HUGS}}}

Hope everyone has a great day! Off to look at a weight set I've been needing for the "gym" - this would complete my workout room and it's cheap! I hope it's what I want!!!
Closed Thread