Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Evening slimmers!

The running bug has hit me hard. Lol I am walking for 2 hours tomorrow night for a cancer walk. I am also signed up for a 5K the next 2 weekends after that. That will make 5 from May 31 to June 29!!!! I am loving it!

Hannah: glad we didnt lose ya!

Beth: did ya have fun while in Chicago?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #32

TGIF Slimmers!

Where is everyone?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning everyone!

Seems like we've all been on a type of vacation. Let's recommit everyone. It's more fun when we're all here. I'm doing OK. Trying to get back in the groove again. My leg feels better but I need to go to the chiropractor this afternoon. And the gym-but I'll take it easy. I've been in a bit of a funk the last two days. Yesterday was the 9 month anniversary of my mom's death and a wave of grief hit me hard last night. Still a little weepy today.

Rachel--hows the camping? You're killing it with the running. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm just not a runner.

Hannah--how are you doing? Check back in with us and let us know how you are?

Diane--how are things? Where are you? I saw the pic of your charges and they are just precious.

Charlene--You're out of school, right? So how is it? What are you up to?

They are doing another controlled burn just over the hill from us and the place smells of smoke. I don't like!

Have a good day!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Yesterday was my last day of work and so I am in total summer mode. Had an issue with dd15 and have been doing some unpleasant parenting. Still working out. Still have not weighed. I will catch up later.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon,

I went to the gym and had a good workout, but didn't have time to do cardio. Perhaps tomorrow. Feeling pretty good

Charlene--sometimes parenting isn't all its cracked up to be. Hope you are well.

Have a good evening!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #36

Evening Slimmers!

I am trying to rest a little before I head out the door for the cancer walk. It will be 12:30 a.m. before I am home. I dont plan on running any tonight as there will be too many people on the track. I am up to 135 squats in the squat challenge. I think I am going to make up my own squat challenge for next month. I also want to focus on abs next month. I plan on doing upper body here shortly. I am really liking how my upper body is looking. Now if I could just get the rest of my body to look good.

Beth: i dont consider myself a runner at all. I do a 11:45 mile.

Charlene: parenting is hard!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #37

Good Morning Slimmers!

Just a quick HI before I head to a show choir meeting all day.

Scale is at 129 this morning. I walked 8 miles in 2 hours last night. I am stiff and sore this morning. I need to do 140 squats at some point today. Otherwise it is going to be a rest day.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all

Hope you are all enjoying a lovely Saturday morning. DH and I slept in until 8 this morning (minus a quick trip out for the dog and her breakfast). I'm feeling a little sore from my workout yesterday (hamstrings, obliques, triceps and abs) but in a good way. So I'm interested in what others workouts are like so I'm going to share the specifics of my workouts.

My stretching routine:

Shoulder integrator
Middle Back and Abdominals Stretch on Swiss Ball
Swiss Ball Side Bend and obliques QL stretch
Pec Minor Stretch on Swiss Ball
Kneeling Hip Flexor
Lumbar Rotation with Bend Knee Cross Body Draw
Seated Lumbar Extensors Stretch
Latissimus dorsi Stretch

My strength training routine is:
Single Leg Barbell Romanian Deadlift (I'm not using any weight right now, just trying to get the movement and stretching down.)
Dumb bell push up to single arm row (also called renegade rows)--I have my hands on a bench, not on the floor). I use a 20 pound dumb bell
Chek Press--using 15 pound dumbbells, as I get better I'm supposed to stand on 1 leg and do the exercise.
Cable Horizontal Chop Squat Combo--I use 50 pounds on the cable machine. I start standing up, then squat and pull at the same time)
Single Arm Cable 45* Pull. I use 55 pounds on the cable machine. The cable is low and I start bent over with a split stance and then stand up, pulling the cable to waist level.
Kneeling forward ball Roll--and I do this while kneeling on a bosu
Horsestance Alphabet--arm opposite leg This is like doing a flying superman on the stability ball and writing the alphabet with the leg that is in the air.

Rachel--good for you on the walking. Amazing how something like walking can make us sore. You are a runner. Even if your times are super speedy you are going out there and doing it regularly and seem to be enjoying it. Squats are great exercises (even though I really feel it after I do them). My next workout is squat/lunge intensive (about 192). I'm loving the fact that my legs are getting so much stronger and my knees actually seem to be feeling better. I'm feeling motivated to get back to the gym more regularly and upping my cardio (although my heart rate really spikes during weight workouts)

Diane--how are you doing? Please check back in.

Hannah--how are things going for you?

Charlene--How is the start of your vacation?

I think I might do some spring cleaning in the kitchen today. I need to reseal our granite counter top.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I actually went to the gym today with dh and did 34 minutes on the bike and my stretching routine. My body is really feeling yesterdays workout. In a good way.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Ahhh yes, down to 196.6 from 200 yesterday! TOM started yesterday morning, so I guess that's why it was so frustrating trying to lose this past week. Anyway, this is the lowest I've been in about 3 weeks I think. Doing pretty good today.. went to step class and it was kind of tough, but I feel a little bit of my "workout groove" coming back. I can't believe I not that long ago weighed in the upper 70s.. I can't wait to get back down there again. I know for a fact I will be good UNTIL the party, I just have to continue it afterwards.

I hope I don't totally mess myself up at DD's grad party next Saturday! I'm REALLY going to try to be as good as I can.. hopefully I will be too busy to eat much! Instead of the chips and regular crackers, I'm going to try to have something on-hand that is at least whole grain I can use to dip

I have to run to the store, but I will come back for personals.. and Beth, I want to look over your workout!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Very sad this morning. My sil's mother passed away yesterday, 9 months and 2 days after my mom. They both died a few minutes after 7 pm. My heart aches for my sil. Her mom was 89 and had bladder cancer. It was only 3 months since she was diagnosed. I'm thinking about going to the gym again today to do my other weight workout (I have two routines that I alternate). My hamstrings and abs are a little sore today, but will probably be fine after some ibuprofen. Todays workout is leg heavy (lots of squats) and my favorite prone pike. Probably no cardio though.

Diane--glad you are getting back in the groove. Wow, your youngest has graduated from college! I have a few other friends whose kids graduated from high school this week. How exciting! Hope you are going well.

Charlene--I see you were out walking this morning. What's up with you?

Rachel--how are you today?

Hannah--what's new?

Thinking I'll hit the Trader Joe's this morning. DH was already out taking the dog on a Father's Day hike up the ridge. Have a great day all!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #42

Morning Slimmers!

Scale is at 129. I am ready to get back to 127 and lower. Not sure what exercise I will get in today. I am thinking a day of complete rest is needed.

Having a cookout at my brother's today. Then I think the girls and I will go do some shopping. DS is working all day.

Beth: prayers for your sil!

Diane: make sure you have some good options at the grad party!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Diane--I meant to say that your youngest has graduated from HIGH SCHOOL, not college. GEEZ!

Rachel--I meant to say that even though your times ARENT super speedy.

What the heck is going on with my fat fingers.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there. It was Fair week here in Fairfield and it's always a busy time here. My kids went every night of the fair and a couple nights of the rodeo. I've been in the pool everyday. Yes, I walked this morning and judging from the sweat, I need to go a little earlier. hehehe I may delve back into P90X but am missing the chest and back DVD, but I am sure I can find the workout somewhere online.

Beth - that is so sad about your SIL's mother. Your workouts sound great. I may need to copy a few of those and check them out.

Rachel - you are really getting that walking in. 8 miles. I bet you are stiff!

Diane - hope that scale keeps dropping.

Have a good week this week!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

I did the happy dance when I got off the scale.. 195! Down 5 lbs since Friday! I looked, and I haven't weighed 195 in a month. Still, doing the happy dance for 195 is bitter sweet

I decided to do a slideshow for DD's graduation party.. to save time I was thinking of taking it to Kroger. They can do up to 60 pictures for $20, but I am afraid of how it would come out. I can do so much better on Powerpoint myself... it's just very time consuming! At least that Powerpoint class I took is coming in handy!

Woke up with a migraine today, but I do plan to go to step class.. which reminds me, in starts in 30 mins and I need to run or I will get a bad spot in the class! I will come back later.. I am hoping I will have some news for you tonight....
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

el

Good morning everyone!

I never made it to the gym yesterday. My muscles were actually more sore than they were the day before. Unfortunately I think that I have migraine closing in which really tics me off. I'm starting to feel better and a little more energetic and then I get a stupid migraine which knocks me out for a few days. Anyway, planning on the gym today to do my alternate routine. In case anyone is interested, here is my alternate routine:

Multi Directional Lunge (holding a 4 pound medicine ball over my head and brining it to my ankle with each lunge)

Lateral Lunge with Cable press out (I use 35 pounds on the press out)

Single Arm Cable Pull Horizontal Squat Combo (I use 60 pounds on the cable) This is where I start standing and pull down as I squat

Lateral Pulldowns Wide Reverse Grip
(I use 60 pounds)

Prone Pike

Swiss Ball Upper Body with Russian Twist Medicine Ball (I use an 8 pound medicine ball for this)

Dumbbell Triceps Extension in Supine Swiss Ball, alternating (also known as skullcrushers. (I use 15 pound dumbbells for this)

And of course, the stretching routine.

Diane--you have me curious--what news? Thank goodness the scale is being nice to you. You'll get it all back on track.

Charlene--so what exciting things do you have planned for this week, your first full week of vacation. And how is the puppy doing?

Rachel--what's up with you this week.

Hannah--did we lose you? Come BAAAAAAACKKKKKKK

Gym and chiropractor today. And a lot of paper work. I have to send out three resumes and call back the recruiter who called on Friday. Waiting for dh to get out of the house so I can get some stuff done. Have a great day all!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

I did make it to the gym but no cardio. However, either my heart monitor is out of calibration or I really worked it. I am pleased to report that when I do squats my thighs are now parallel with the floor. That is not something that I was able to do before. Its a big deal to me! I noticed that one of the exercise in my routine was not on the list above so I will add it now.

Supine Lateral Ball Roll It is not as easy as it looks.

Anyway, I think I will start the laundry so I can get that done. Its a beautiful, but windy day here. Temp is 75*. Have a good afternoon.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #48

Evening Slimmers!

Just did my squats for today. I did 150. I will finish this challenge on the 30th with 250. I also need to go do some pushups and some arms with weights. no cardio for today. I have a 5K Saturday so I do need to get a couple runs in somewhere this week.

I am volunteering with preschoolers at bible school this week. It makes for along day but I do enjoy it!

My eating has been a little off the last couple of days. Trying to get back 100%. i would really like to be under 125 before vacation.

Beth: congrats on your squats!!!!

Diane: woo hoo on being down 5 lbs since Friday!

Charlene: tell me about P90X.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes! I DO have some news!

Guess who I saw tonight?............Curt! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have known for a week that I was going to (thus the 5 lb loss LOL) but I didn't tell a soul because I figured that would jinx it. I was SUPER nervous until the very moment we said hello. We got Starbucks and then went out to my car with our coffee and I gave him his two paintings and we sat on the back of my car (hatch opened) lol... and we talked. I was telling him how my DS got dumped while we were in San Diego and he had no clue and was totally shocked.. then I said, I know what that's like and bumped his arm LOL.. then we talked about that.. He said "It's not like I dumped you!".. I said, "What would you call it? Yes you did!" It was all light, kind of laughing and being serious at the same time. So I kind of have some answers.. and I hope to have a chance for more... I wasn't sure at first if it was the last time I was going to see him, but he had mentioned he would like to start going back to the gym but not until fall.. and said we should go to Kings Island. I really don't think he has been seeing anyone this whole time.. just concentrating on his kids, and he is remodeling his whole house.. he said that should all be done in probably a month or so.

Sooooo... he hugged me at the end, and mentioned going to Kings Island again. It went very well. I don't know what the future holds, but I left feeling very... hopeful. I went to meet him with NO expectations.. didn't know if it was the last time I would see him or if we would end up talking about "stuff"... OMG I still love him just as much as ever... I wonder if that post about sometimes having to let go of a dream was a wake up call for him, because he commented "what? never let go"... I dont know.. maybe Ill mention it someday.

Still going strong, went to step class today and eating was good. I know I will continue to be excellent now! Talk about inspiration!

On the down side.. and I don't mean to sound insensitive, because this is truly a tragic thing, but my ex's step son is in the hospital. He took a bunch of pills and is on a ventilator and unconscious. He is 18 and has been in and out of rehab, etc.. so DD's party may have to be postponed (here is where I don't mean to sound insensitive)... I wouldn't wish this on anyone, and I do hope he will be ok. The timing sucks for sure, but the important thing is that he gets better.. it's just that nothing can ever be easy.. or simple. Always the drama. Prayers please for Donny... he has done this before, but it sounds pretty serious this time.

Well, I am zonked. Big day for me! In my heart I still believed.. it was just a whisper, but it was still there. There is hope for me and Curt after all.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

193.2 this morning!!! If I count my weight from Friday that's almost 7 lbs!!! I HAVE been eating too, but not as much or as often. I also did step class 4 days in a row. I'm back thank goodness!

Found out I get a Tuesday off next week.. nice!

Donny seems to be ok.. he is in and out of sleep but stops breathing in his sleep and still needs a ventilator. He has a tube down his throat so my DD let him text on her phone to communicate.. he said he knows why he is there and wants the tube out. Good sign!

I'm on my phone and battery is running low but I will pop back in tonight.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Woke up with a sinus headache today. My body is not too sore today after yesterdays workout (240 squat/lunges), but then its early. If I go to the gym today (which I'm planning) I'll only be doing cardio. Will finish laundry and maybe do a little gardening or work on cleaning out some cupboards in the kitchen.

Diane--so happy for you. Glad you finally were able to get some answers. So sorry to hear about Donny. I hope he recovers ok. If he's making progress I hope that DD grad party can go on as planned. The kid is obviously in a lot of emotional pain. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Rachel--you're rocking the squat challenge. Have they gotten easier or at least with less pain.

Charlene--where are you?

Hannah?

Have a good day all!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy! I am totally in summer mode. I am so sorry! hehehe I mean, I didn't go to bed until 3:30 night before last and 2:30 last night. I did make my dd15 wake up to do workouts with me. She is supposed to be going up to the school but she begged me to let her workout with me. We'll see how long she lasts. I downloaded Snead State Women's basketball strength and conditioning program and that's what we are doing this summer. It's pretty intense, so that'll be what I use too for awhile.

Diane! That's awesome you saw Curt. I am so glad you got a few answers. Congrats on the loss too!!!

Beth - That's great about the squats and being able to do them fully. I get what you're saying - that makes you feel so good when you can do an exercise they way they show on the workouts. ha!!! That's like me and pushups - I used to have to do knee pushups and now can do them regular.

Rachel - good going on your workouts!! P90X is a tough tough program but it is so good. It's a series of 12 DVDs and they put together which ones you should do based on what you're trying to achieve. It's kind of an expensive program, but I have definitely got my money's worth.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Charlene--so good to hear from you! I saw your post on FB with your workout. Very very good. Hang cleans look very tough! Don't know that I could ever do those! How much cardio are you doing? You stay up pretty late on summer mode. I can't stay up that late at all any more. It happens occasionally when dh has a late gig and then we can't get to sleep right away. But I always feel hung over the next day. Guess I'm just an old fart!

Did I say my body wasn't too sore? I spoke to soon. The soreness is creeping in, mostly in my triceps/arms and my left side of my back. I imagine the glutes will be next to speak out. I already hit the aspirin bottle. Laundry is almost done and I think I'll head out to the garden shop in a little bit.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are all doing well. Have a busy day planned, gym, chiropractor, meeting my goddaughter and her mom for coffee (she's having formula) and design review committee tonight. I was really tired yesterday, had no energy. About the only thing I managed to do was make cucumber dill soup and go buy a new pot and soil to repot my monstrous jade plant. I think the workout on Monday really tired me out. Anywho, its good to be busy.

Rachel--'sup?

Charlene--how was the ball game last night?

Diane--how you doin?

Hannah?

Have a good day all.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym today. Seem to have more energy. This workout isn't quite the killer that the last one was. But I did up the reps and the weight. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Also did 15 minutes on the bike.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #56

Evening Slimmers!

I am beyond exhausted this week! I hope I can make it to the weekend. I should of did a run this evening after bible school but I dont have the energy. I did do my 160 squats though.

Beth: good job on making it to the gym!

Charlene: i use to do summer mode when I had the summers off. Enjoy it!

Diane: congrats on your weight loss and talking to Curt!

Hannah: where are ya?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale went back up 1 lb this morning.. that's ok, I drank a LOT of water yesterday. Did well today.

Party is on as planned and I am stressed... STRESSED! I just KNOW I will forget something important. I hope I have the money to cover everything needed. At least the ex is coming through on the catering. The slideshow is coming along and I hope to have it done by tomorrow night. I wish I had more time to make it perfect, but I put so much pressure on myself when it comes to things like this.

The great feeling of seeing Curt wore off today... now all I feel is sick to my stomach! I feel like I have reverted bigtime. WHEN will I hear from him.. WHEN will he call.. WHEN WHEN WHEN. I know the next month or so will still be crazy busy for him, but I have to make myself stop worrying so much. It's just hard when I have wanted this SOOOOO MUCH for SO LONG.. and now I have to wait a bit longer. I can't get ahead of myself and expect things are going to be how they once were.. who knows? But just knowing there IS a chance, has me in a freaking tizzy. I want it and I want it NOW. He joked and said "See you in a year!" hahaha.. I don't think he would mention going to Kings Island twice if he didn't intend to go with me. Right?

Donny is off the ventilator. I am not facebook friends with him, but I looked at his profile, and all of his posts from the past month were for sure a warning/cry for help.. sad.

Rachel: All those squats! Ouch! I do them often in step class during the toning part, but not THAT many! I am soooo afraid of getting "middle aged pancake butt"... so perhaps I should take a que from you and start doing more squats!!!

Beth: You are becoming a workout fiend! Good for you! Do the lunges bother your knees much? I started doing them again very very carfully, and I don't put much into them because I'm afraid my knees will start hurting. I haven't had any problems with them lately, but for a while there I had to be careful.. went down to no risers, etc.. I haven't been working out as much lately, so maybe I was doing too much back then?

Charlene: Ahhh summer... what's that? It doesn't feel like summer to me yet. With this new job I haven't been to the pool even once! I miss taking the kids from my old job to the pool. I can take the new kids, but it's not like I can lay out.. not with a 2 year old!

Hannah: Hope everything is ok!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #58

Good Morning Slimmers!

I am feeling a little better this morning!

Scale is at 127 this morning. I cant seem to get below this #. I think I am going to have to change something up to get the scale to go down. Just not sure what. Today is a rest day for the squat challenge. I will do upper body and cardio though.

10 days until we leave for vacation! I am ready for some fun!

Diane: Good job staying on plan and getting your water in! The scale will move back down.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

My visit to the chiropractor yesterday was interesting. My leg was still hurting and I'm getting really frustrated so the chiropractor decided to take a different approach and used electrical stimulation on my quad and hamstring, which is like an intense workout on those muscles. The stim gets the muscle to contract and relax several times until it tires out the muscle so that the treatment can work with out the muscle resistance. My low back had one vertebrae that popped back into place. However, she said that I may get that lovely lactic acid build-up, like after an intense workout. I can tell today that the deep muscle in the glute is NOT happy. But my leg doesn't have that throbbing pain. I probably won't go to the gym today and let it rest. If I decide to go it will be to ride the bike later this afternoon. I'm going to hang around the house and do household chores today.

Rachel--you could just be at one of those plateaus and the scale will move when its good and ready. How are your legs feeling after all of those squats. My workout yesterday had 120 of them. Yesterday had a lot of ab work. I've noticed that squats really like to engage the abs also. Not a bad thing.

Charlene--what up?

Diane--ah yes, back to the wondering, I understand. You got me laughing about the pancake butt. Wonders of wonders, I've noticed that I now have fold in the gluteal region that I don't think was there before. I have to credit the working out for the, get this, last TWO years to that magnificent change. It was two years ago this month that I joined a gym and got a trainer and started working on being a healthier, stronger me. I had lost weight but was not at all physical. I actually think I've peaked out on the weights and have really developed a lot more strength in the last year, probably because I've not pushed the weight up. Which I am now going to do. When I started two years ago, the only squat I could do was with a stability ball on the wall and then I couldn't barely manage 45*. Now I can do squats to parallel, while pulling weight. I think that's pretty incredible for a 50 something woman who hasn't been particularly athletic or in a gym for over 15 years. I've never stuck with something like this, like I have for the last 2 years. I was complaining to my bff about how hard I've worked and I still have this leg issue. Her reply was, imagine what you would be like if you hadn't been going to the gym. The lunges don't bother my knees, and I've been very very careful since I have really bad knees. Of course, I live on ibuprofen some days. I actually think they have improved my knees because the exercise has increased the joint juice production. I've built up all of the surrounding muscles (quads, etc) to help stabilize the knee. And I never overextend (knee never more forward than the ankle). Ice always helps afterwards if I'm feeling it. Or Traumed (traumeel) which is a homeopathic cream with arnica and other stuff in it. Works great on soreness.
The party will be great and you're not going to forget anything important. Its going to be great. Glad to hear that Donny is off the ventilator.

Well, my chores are awaiting me. Have a great day all!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #60

Evening Slimmers!

I am really trying to push the water today. I know This is something that I need to work on. I use to drink more than 120 oz every day and now I struggle to get in 64 oz. I hate to say this but I am loving the squat challenge. It is getting easier. I want to find another challenge for next month.

Beth: how ya feeling?
Closed Thread