Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Today is my Family had a lil party for me yesterday. DH made my LC cheesecake and the kids pitched in and bought me a tablet I have an e-reader, but this does so much more!!!

DD21 wasnt home this weekend, so she surprised me with en extra lil gift this morning...a beautiful art piece for my wall that says "Joy allows the spirit to soar"

I am feeling blessed today
Happy BDay!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Deb I am doing real foods for June too, meat, eggs, cheese and veggies only. I never was a fruit eater. Also with the rain going away starting back walking, boot camps. personal training mid June and 10 Km this weekend. Something has to happen. My aim is to be back in the 70's we will see. Weigh days this month 15June, 30 June. I have to take the boys out the last week in June so this will make me be good. That's the hardest.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl cleaning up the shore line I expect is a lot of work but well worth it when you can use the lake again. I have had a fair amount of tantrums myself in the past year but as long as we stay in the right direction we will get there one day. We are going to see summer by the Tuesday and sunshine leading up to it although its still cloudy this morning. I need to walk can't wait for tonight Everyone have the best Tuesday they can. Deep breath and take time for yourself today.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Good morning

Y'all were chatty last nite!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I enjoyed my day.

Starting to feel anxious...DS is graduating Thursday nite and Emma has Ballet rehearsals Sat and end of year performance on Sunday. All good stuff so I shan't complain

DS is at urgent care He found a tick this am in shower and I was afraid to have him remove it himself. Just a reminder to check yourselves and family after spending time outside.

BEAUTIFUL weather now that the HOT & HUMID stuff left. Like you Jo...I prefer 70-75 and a nice breeze...sunshine!!! One of those days, so I'm gonna get out and enjoy it for sure.

Emmalee has schoolwork to catch up on. We got behind in the winter when I was feeling so poorly, and we gotta buckle down to finish. Writing assignments are the worst. Whoever heard of doing a state report in 2nd grade???
Old 06-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #215
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Deb I am doing real foods for June too, meat, eggs, cheese and veggies only. .

Cheryl..yes..

Lisa glad you had a nice B-day day
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Mel is back!!!!! Missed you and glad u had a good time

Misty~ So happy to see you!!! Yep that's Em 2 years ago. I can't believe how much she has grown.

Avy~ KUTGW!!!

Laura~ Is back completely better? Hope so!

Cheryl~ Did ya get stuff done outside???

Karen~ More riding?

Jo~ I'm hoping to get some walking in later too
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing fake food LOL
Old 06-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Good Morning.

How's everybody's day going? So far so good for me. I have been calling around to find a wood chipper. I think I found one. We have so many burn piles of branches from down trees- storms and dead ones we cut down - I think it would be better to chip them. It's either to wet or too windy to burn and I just want them gone. We can use the chips in the beds and around trees. The dirt we ordered still isn't here. Got the septic tank pumped yesterday. Getting things done !
Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #219
Deb

missed you too Lisa

glad your getting things done Cheryl

just had a outside run....long time since I have..ouch
Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sore huh?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Busy day at work today, but got to the gym before it all started. Got major cleaning to day at home after losing the power, so I think that's kinda like extra exercise.And cleaning eating for me too.

Wow Cheryl your really busy. Are you doing all this at the LH? We have only certain months that people can burn, and it ended May 1st. We can burn what we put cut up in the fire pit.

Jo good goal for losing. I'll be thinking of you while I'm on my group walk tonight too.

Lisa sounds like you have a busy week. on DS graduating. Your going to have to post a new pic after Emmas recital.

Deb did you have to work today. Wtg on getting back to running

Gooing for my walk BBL
Old 06-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No Misty that is all at our real house.

Major cleaning is definetly a workout. Did you lose power from the storms?

We ended up with a beautiful day. A little shower the sunny and warm with a cool breeze. Took LD for a good walk and messed around outside.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #223
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
And the bouncing around for another week starts!

Saturday June 1, 2013 182.80
Sunday June 2, 2013 180.60
Monday June 3, 2013 180.80
Tuesday June 4, 2013 181.40
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Cheryl yes we lost power for 2 days but had lost internet for 4. This season so far is a pain. Plus the funny thing was trying to expain to my GD and 3 friends why you had no water, can't flush the toilet,no stove or micro or Tv. It was kinda funny, they said I never want to live in the mountains but I'd like to do this again l thought of Jo with the people in winter clothes. What's the pic in you Avi, looks like and on coming storm to me??

Avy that's not bad, I'd guess it's only water. Is it hot and humid there, for me I know when the heat sets in the bloat and lbs go up a bit. I was looking at your stats and you came a very long way. You have did fantastic what stage of lc are you on now.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Avy you're still down almost 1.5 # in 4 days. That's very good. I'm lucky to lose a pound a week on induction. And things slow down the closer you get to goal.

Misty that is so funny about GD and friends are you on a well too? Even with our generator we have to switch breakers on and off to run the well pump. I try to remember to fill a tub for toilet flushes but I don't always remember. That must have been one heck of a storm.

Yeah my avi was a picture I took on our way home from town one night. We get some interesting clouds with our storms. I bet you do too.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #226
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! It's just frustrating because I joined the gym and I"m working out religiously, I'm still following the same low carb/calories I was before, and I know I'm gaining muscle, but seriously, not faster than I could be possibly losing fat! the amount of muscle gained by working out is overestimated by most. It must be water retention, but the scale needs to start moving downward again, even if it's slowly!

I bought a body composition scale, so I'll see if that shows any progress over the next month, and compare my weight to the old scale, to make sure it's somewhat accurate. The newer scale seems to give a slightly lower reading, but who knows how accurate either is? I have to read the book more to know what the %'s mean for the things other than fat, and what's "good".

Oh, also bought a pedometer/heart rate monitor tonight... will use for a week or so and see how good it is, or I'm returning it!

I am not sure what stage I'm at. About 40 lbs to go to my desired weight goal of 140lbs, lots to go towards my desired body composition, since I've only started doing weights and yoga for about 3 weeks now.

I eat about 15-30 net carbs a day, mostly from veggies, dairy, flax/chia seeds, a few nuts. Keep my calories around 1400-1600 a day. So I guess you could say a modified induction/OWL stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Cheryl yes we lost power for 2 days but had lost internet for 4. This season so far is a pain. Plus the funny thing was trying to expain to my GD and 3 friends why you had no water, can't flush the toilet,no stove or micro or Tv. It was kinda funny, they said I never want to live in the mountains but I'd like to do this again l thought of Jo with the people in winter clothes. What's the pic in you Avi, looks like and on coming storm to me??

Avy that's not bad, I'd guess it's only water. Is it hot and humid there, for me I know when the heat sets in the bloat and lbs go up a bit. I was looking at your stats and you came a very long way. You have did fantastic what stage of lc are you on now.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #227
Avy
Senior LCF Member

LOL well, you don't see that the 1.5 lb loss was because of the .2 gain every day for the week before that. Only back where I started from the week before. :P So, no headway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Avy you're still down almost 1.5 # in 4 days. That's very good. I'm lucky to lose a pound a week on induction. And things slow down the closer you get to goal.

Misty that is so funny about GD and friends are you on a well too? Even with our generator we have to switch breakers on and off to run the well pump. I try to remember to fill a tub for toilet flushes but I don't always remember. That must have been one heck of a storm.

Yeah my avi was a picture I took on our way home from town one night. We get some interesting clouds with our storms. I bet you do too.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I know the feeling. I lost 6# over a month. I'm a slow loser. Then over a couple weeks gained 3 back. Makes no sense. I took a break and now I'm back at it. We shall see if I break thru that set point this time around.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #229
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Yes! I am pretty sure 180lbs is a set point for me, if that's something that even exists. The lowest weight I remember seeing on a scale since I've been an adult (ever) was about 180, so I dunno.

Either way, I'm committed to working out 3 times a week and yoga 3 times a week, so by body is just going to have to get used to it, buck up and start letting the fat go!

Quote:
Yes I know the feeling. I lost 6# over a month. I'm a slow loser. Then over a couple weeks gained 3 back. Makes no sense. I took a break and now I'm back at it. We shall see if I break thru that set point this time around.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buck up huh?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Howdy Everyone! Boy, you guys are Chatty!
Hard to catch up!

Happy belated BD, Lisa! DS's tick taken care of? Nice of ur DH to make U a Cheesecake! WOW!

Sounds like everyone is on a roll!

Something gave me gas pain...maybe garlic? Feeling bloated & uncomfortable rt. now.
Nice weather here. Went paddle boarding on the Lake this morning for about 2hrs.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #232
Deb

Quote:
Sore huh?
hips this morning..pounding the pavement

good thing im off to yoga this morning for a stretch

Misty our weekend manager really screwed things up while we were away so my next day off is my b-day
we just wont let him take the phone this month..then he retires
Old 06-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another Boomer morning. LD is in my lap.

How's the gas Pat?

On plan. Weigh in Friday.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
More rain......................

Better than drought, but would be nice to get a few days in a row dry....
Old 06-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah we need a happy medium.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow we already had 1.5 " of rain since 7
Old 06-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hey everyone ! Just working here. Remodeling going on. House is a mess. Lots of chaos !!

On plan eating and working this week....... will check in with you all later. Have a great week !!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

CJ~Whoa! That's a lot of rain! Poor LD! Hope it doesn't start flooding ur way! Yay...on Plan! No gas this am.

Karen~Yes, some dry days would be nice for U & CJ!

Deb~No days off until ur BD!

Laura~Yay...on Plan! What's getting remodeled. Hate the mess when that's going on. But, the results are worth it.

Avy~R U Bucking it up over there? LOL!

Well, feeling better this AM. Must have been the small plate of pasta marinara w/lots of garlic/onion? And...maybe to much fiber from the Huge plate of Chef's salad that I had?
Scale is up .6 this AM. Weather is gorgeous here. We r having a Heat wave...High of 81, low of 46! We r supposed hit 90 the end of this wk/wknd!
Off to Yoga in a bit.

Last edited by Rbenz; 06-05-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #239
Deb

Yoga was FAB !!!! and our reg instructor is back

true Pat ....I cant trust the weekend guy any more..i will be able to leave the building on the weekends with the cell phone in tow so not too bad.
our new weekend couple are going to turn out great so I wont have to worry anymore.

Im up 5 lbs from holidays

all well..feeling good after day 2
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #240
Deb

now its starting to rain here

I may have to go back to fake N bake

Closed Thread