Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
I worked in the yard some but mostly it was still too wet/ muddy. My computer is on the fritz. I was deleting some old work photos and it shut down. A blue screen came up full of messages about driver and terminal failure. It didnt stay up long enough to read. Then blank.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Rode for 45 minutes tonight. Legs are letting me know it. Fed DD22, GS and SIL supper. We went to Des Moines for lunch (anniversary 1 day late) and enjoyed day.

Ate on plan today. See what tomorrow brings.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
I worked in the yard some but mostly it was still too wet/ muddy. My computer is on the fritz. I was deleting some old work photos and it shut down. A blue screen came up full of messages about driver and terminal failure. It didnt stay up long enough to read. Then blank.
Computers are not as reliable as they used to be. Frustrating sometimes.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandra2
Stats: 247.2/240.7/185
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Grandma Jo.
Thanks for your response. I am doing the low carb. less than 20 carbs a day. I am in the induction phase. My issue is I think I am eyeballing the scale too much. I find that it is fluctuating. Not sure what I may be doing wrong. I'm not married but I have a boyfriend. I'm 41 and I have a 21 year old dau.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandra2
Stats: 247.2/240.7/185
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2014
Hello

Hello to Everyone that responded to my post. Please forgive my delayed response. I am learning to navigate my way through the site
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Well I stay away a day and am 2 pages behind!! WTG girls but there isn't time to catch up. We are on our 5th straight day of rain and only Saturday could we even get out for our walk but on a good note tomorrow the sun is suppose to come back for awhile. So day 2 of induction and feeling so far so good. House is stocked with healthy foods and my mind is on course. Still not going to get weighed until the 15th , hope I rock my own world that day. Cheryl hope those storms are all behind you now and so sorry about your puter hate when that sort stuff happens. Glad you back at it, something will work for you. Deb must still be away! Sandra sometimes its not good to weigh daily and sometimes it is. Depends on how you look at things but I would suggest you pick one day a week to record the your weight that worked best for me but as you can see no so much now. Make sure your drinking lots of water and stick to under 20 carbs and it will come off. Karen happy anniversary Avy great weight loss. Lisa sounds like you are having some heat, you can send some of it my way. Laura I hope your back is feeling better soon nothing like a pain in the back to mess things up. Pat I know its going to be hard for me to not weigh I have two scales right beside my bedroom door at home and a doctors scale in my office at work. I might be a bit nutty I do know that knowing I have to wait scares me but in a strange way. My mind works rather strange, when I know I am weighing Saturday morning I often cheat Saturday night and sometimes right into Sun that get better as I work towards Saturday morning, ending normally with a perfect Thursday and Friday...you can see the pattern. But if I go 15 days I will be more worried about gaining and so will be more careful. Ok I think this will work and thats my plan it might backfire on my come the 15th but with lots of exercise, my 10K summer challege next Sat and induction I think I can do this. DH said no way will you make it through DS 13th birthday next Friday but I have a plan we are having a campfire and I will just wait and have my hot dogs and mustard over the fire and allow myself as many as I want because this is induction and I can!! I am mad at myself and ready to get smart once again. If I missed anyone I am sorry I am just behind. Misty did you post? If so I will have to keep up better so many new faces and great posters.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Morning!

Sandra!

Laura~Glad ur Back shifted & is better!

GJo~How was visit w/friends? How are u feeling?

Karen~Legs sore still...walking bow legged? Everyone I know use their senior discounts. I remember my Mom wouldn't...cuz she was in denial about her AGE! Come on, a woman in her 80's!!!

CJ~Puter back up? LD get cleaned up? Glad the sun is out! Bought some diphenhydramine (like Benadryl) yesterday & took 50mg along w/a 5mg melatonin last night. I actually, slept a bit better!

Lisa~Mama in pool or is it cloudy? Yum...chops!

Avy~Yay...on the perseverance!

Deb~How was Kenny? Saw in the news that he practiced w/the Seahawks yesterday!

Scale is down again today. I'll take it! Did the Yoga thang yesterday. DH & I ought up out our deck furniture & we even set up our fountain. Eats were good yesterday. Even slept a bit better!
Off to Yoga...Laters.

Last edited by Rbenz; 06-03-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Morning, ladies!

Avy~ Glad the scale finally cooperated. Good job staying the course!!!

Jo~ Good for u getting back on track Ur surrounded by scales...aggggghhhh!!!

Sandra~I agree with Jo. Everyone is different, but sometimes the daily/ normal ups and downs can be frustrating. If you can handle it, weigh daily, but if not, maybe once a week is better. I weigh everyday and record online. I also keep track of AVERAGE WL (there is a site online, but I'm not allowed to share that info here anymore cuz there are ads )It's nice cuz even on days my weight bumps up a lil, my average still goes down HTH

Cheryl~ Darn computers Is LD all muddy??? Hope you get some sun to dry out a bit and u can get ur outside work done. Im hoping to plant some flowers in pots for my deck this week or next.

Pat~ WTG, on another scale loss...ur rockin!!! Sun is out, and mama will get in the pool today LOL

Karen~ I have NEVER ridden a horse Would love to though
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Today is my Family had a lil party for me yesterday. DH made my LC cheesecake and the kids pitched in and bought me a tablet I have an e-reader, but this does so much more!!!

DD21 wasnt home this weekend, so she surprised me with en extra lil gift this morning...a beautiful art piece for my wall that says "Joy allows the spirit to soar"

I am feeling blessed today
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Computer is still down. Tried my tablet and it won't work. Checks mail but load web pages. Shows I'm connected to wifi. so I'm on my phone. No work today or until I can get something working.

LD was just soaked from walking in the grass. Everything's still pretty wet here

Jo sounds like you are back in the groove. so many scales! you getting all our rain? We are dry today. Rain the. For a couple days but I think they will just pass thru. Hopefully no storms. Are you flooding? We have been

It's in the 60's. shiver

Pat good goi g on the weight! Benadryl helped a little? Yea! Sounds like you are ready for deck season.

Sandy I hate the fluctuations too. I try to weigh once a week but sometimes sneak one in.

Lisa

Avy good going!

Karen I rode a couple times as a teenager. Didn't know what I was doing. Bounced all over the place.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Pat my visit with friends went great we had a fun day across the river even if it rained. I am feeling better already getting back on track. Busy week ahead. Way to go on your scale moving down!!! Lisa happy birthday , I wish it was warm enough to swim... Cheryl glad your back in the grove too. If it makes you feel any better its 39F here today and storming down rain with a north wind but no flooding we are passed that for this year. Once the ice goes out the water keeps flowing to the bay. Although are mud roads are a mess from 5 days of rain. But the sun is suppose to come out tomorrow and they dry up pretty much in a day. We should be able to walk tomorrow night. I do seem to have a lot of scales , had two people come in my office to get weighted this morning and both asked me if they were right. said dunno I am ignoring them right now. Took water to bed and made myself drink a glass before I got up because I knew I wouldn't weigh after drinking anything. Mind over matter So far no induction flu, although I am expecting it and prepared this time. Stay warm or cool everyone depending where you are. I had a fun morning ordering a new cash register. Some fool stole mine at work yesterday and smashed it, no money in it. Druggie I am sure just stupid but we are getting a new one Life is nothing if not interesting here is the north.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

OMGosh, Jo! I looked at that temp twice cuz I thought maybe it was C not F LOL Seriously??? I am clueless about ur weather patterns. When will it finally warm up and for how long? Is the ice typical for u guys?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Alright, Em & I r gonna swim for just a bit and then get some more schoolwork done. THEN we have to head to the library to pick up the Summer Reading Program packet. I have a book on hold that needs picked up as well Laters!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

image.jpg

I had to share our roads closed due to flooding. Makes it fun to get around sometimes
Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No glad you're river doesn't flood from rains. Ours do. I had to do a double take on the temp too. I thought it had warmed up there. I like your drinking trick I may borrow that .

What are you reading Lisa?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

I can't explain our weather although there is no ice anymore. Last week midweek it was 24c/75 F or warmer, this weekend and today 3C/37 F and it will warm up all week and by the weekend its suppose to be 24C/75F again. I love it between 21-25 C those are my favorite temptures. Cheryl looks like impossible to get around, ours wont flood but you might sink in them...Lisa it should warm up and stay warm soon but not like your temps more like 25-30 C in July and Aug. Those would be our warm summer beach days. Sept can stay nice but up where I am by Oct we often start to see snow again. Enjoy the pool and your book.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Puter fixed. My brother told me to reload everything from the recycle bin and that fixed it. Now when I start deleting photos again I will have to go slowly to figure out what tripped it.

Jo it sounds like roller coated weather there. I've seen mud buggy races. Sounds like your area would be good for that.

Temp jumped to 86 here
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #198
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb

we had a blast
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
, so glad to be back on the computer, the weather has been so bad all around us, we are lucky, but all the bad storms has caused alot of outages. Go power back yesterday and just got the internet back on about an hour ago. Now I got some catching up to do.

Cheryl glad you got your computer fixed.

Lisa wecome back, we missed you. Is that Emmas pic in the avi?

Jo my weather has been up and down too. We had a 4 day heat wave last week. And so humid, but all the humid weather caused a lot big storms all around us. Hope it isn't like this all summer.

Karen Happy Anniversay Dinner out sounded good.

Pat wtg on the scale being down. Are you finally getting settled being back in CA.

Laura glad your back is better. Are you off work this week?

Deb I can't to hear about the concert, bet it was great.

Sandra and Avy
Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #200
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra2 View Post
Hello to Everyone :

Lisa ........

Misty the show was fab !!!!!!
we are not sure who was better Eric or Kenny..both were great..great weather

and I think the L/B is a Kenny fan now

Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Deb welcome back I am so glad you guys has a blast! Notice our little group is growing , how cool it that!! Misty so sorry about your power and weather ,that's no fun. I was wondering where you were hiding. Glad your back! Cheryl glad you got your puter working again I hate it when mine acts up. Glad you got the heat , it did finally stop raining but no joke I just saw two people walk by with parka's and winter hats and mittens on... I think they might be city slickers..or those southerners

Last edited by Grandma Jo; 06-03-2013 at 04:07 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Mud buggy races would work right about now!!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Deb glad you had a blast, I like them both too. L/B will have to learn to play there songs.

Jo our summer season is so short, that this strange weather is not making me happy. Sad for the kids because they want to come up to the lake all the time. Put thinking it's only the begining of June.

Last edited by misty1028; 06-03-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #204
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Mud buggy races would work right about now!!
fun !!!!!

Misty L/B has been listening to KC all day

ok guys....tomorrow I start my 30 days till im 50 years old challenge
workout every day
no products

just real food and no eating after supper

I don't feel 50
Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #205
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
If I get a .2/day gain like last week, I might have a tantrum. Atleast I dropped it all magically on Sunday! Hoping to be in the solid 170s by the end of the week.

Saturday June 1, 2013 182.80
Sunday June 2, 2013 180.60
Monday June 3, 2013 180.80
Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #206
Deb

oh...
just received our Sept long weekend rodeo tickets

and I just booked 4 days off for my B-day

think we will camp by the lake
Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Misty and Deb are back!

We had storms too. Our summers are pretty long here. They can go into Sept. still can't lake. DH said the lake is full of trees and debris from the flooding. That means a lot of shore line clean up.

Deb so L/B is ok sharing you with both of them?

Jo city slickers and I'm sitting here with a light jacket on.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We posted together.

Avy good luck. I hope you do well. I've had a few tantrums along the way.

Deb I use to love Rodeo. Somewhere along the line I quit watching it. What do you mean no products?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #209
Deb

Quote:

Deb so L/B is ok sharing you with both of them?

Quote:
Deb I use to love Rodeo. Somewhere along the line I quit watching it. What do you mean no products?
nothing that isn't a real food
so I am meat/eggs/veg/fruit..nothing canned or processed

come rodeo with me Cheryl..

and we just booked a night at our stadium for Sept 15th and its impersonators...Elvis/Cher....

stop me
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still in music mode?

We saw impersonators in Vegas. They were hilarious
Closed Thread