Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Who's in the drawer Jo ? So cute!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl I am glad the storms are not as bad and NOT 20 boys although that is easier. We have this thing that on their 13th they get to have the big boy girl party so he is inviting his whole class , 21 I think they will all come because we have the best 13 year old parties. But then they will leave at 11 because of the 10k and 5 km for dad and the boys. But the party will continue Sat night with 5 boys sleeping over. Ok shoot me now but its tradition and they love it. I have to do induction or I can't knock out the Carb monster but I will do it because I know I can. Lisa glad your back online and there is no way I could post on a phone either. I think where we live is what we are use to. Even though I am in the north the village I am from in Nova Scotia is way smaller. Cities are fun but to visit. I was in Philly once and had a great time , wonderful city. I really think life is what we make of it now matter where we are. As long as we take time to smell the roses life is good.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
My granddaughter Kendra, cant wait to see her in Aug. I need a new picture she is a few months older now. She looks like her grandma
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So you are a cutie too!!

I see the sun
Old 05-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Wow that's a lot of rain, Cheryl! So glad it wasn't worse.

HOT and humid again here...same story for the weekend I believe. Hopefully we will get to use the pool

Just took my cream cheese muffins out of the oven Gonna chill overnight and enjoy for breakfast

Jo~ I often tease my family I'm gonna go live alone out in Montana and "live off the land". DH says I wouldn't last 2 days LOL He's right...I don't even do the campin thang
Old 05-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Dusted off my LC cookbook/scrapbook. Gotta get some whey protein to make shakes and brownies. I will share links and/or recipes if anyone sees something they wanna make Jello Fluff is another of my faves!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is the book I keep my favorite recipes in:

And here is a sample page:

Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are so good with that!

Always looking for recipes
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Cheryl
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome!

Jo Missed your post. I know your Carb Monster! He lives here too. Your party sounds fun for the kids. You do a lot with them.

I hear thunder. Must be another system moving thru. I am rained out. The bad ones are staying south so far.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl~ Can we Shred do ya think? I am afraid to dust it off and try again. It worked so well for me, but now with the FMS I worry.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All you can do is try. I tried one of hers.not Shred. Made it 3 weeks I think with lots of modifications. Then I was in agony. I can't do any jumping or impact. And since I fell/walked off the ladder I can't put much weight on my right wrist, even with the brace. What is Shred like?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did some jogging for a while on the treadmill. Did great for quite a while. Then all the "stuff" happened. Tried to do c2 5k and couldn't. Mostly spinning my wheels on exercise. I'm hoping to get it all under control again. Might need to get back on the antidepressants. They seemed to help the pain the most. Dr. was talking Lyrica but I don't know anyone that's tried it.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

I wondered about the Lyrica too, but the Cymbalta seems to be helping me, well except for that RLS thing. 30 day shred is brutal IMHO. I was so proud of myself when I worked my way thru all 3 levels. There is alot of impact exercise though and thats why I figured WATP is prolly better option now
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Pat how many years now since your fire? Most if our tornado trees are gone but there are pockets of them still around. Trees are reminders.

Just saw on the weather channel we are in the tornado path tomorrow. Again. Hope it shifts by tomorrow.

Deb. how many sleeps or sleeplessness til Kenny? It would be nice if you and L/B DD could make peace.

G Jo glad you are able to get out. It's almost time for me start back. I'll be needing you. So your behaving on your own. Good girl!! Love the freighter canoe picture!

Karen. Can I borrow your Dome? Ship it priority

Lisa glad you are back. Did you get your FMS under control? They've been messing with my meds trying to get me better sleep. Dr thinks that's a big part of why I can't get the weight off. Still can't exercise ? Can you? Did you say you have a new kitty ?
I do love my dome home.......

And I did make it over to this thread......I am just a little slow.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh btw, its only 20 minutes, but it seems much longer LOL
Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Karen! Glad you made it
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Wow! We'll be on p4 in no time!

Sandra!

CJ~Hope ur storm season is Over Soon! That's a lot of Rain! UR gonna be quacking more than Karen!
Yeah...Big wildfires do bring out memories of our fire as Moore did 4 U too! I know how U felt about ur Mom...that was a Rough time! But, she made it & things R looking up!
Yeah...guilt would come up when I would run into peeps who lost their homes. Most rebuilt & now they have nice new Homes. Nothing will replace what they lost...but, they have a new beginning.

GJO-Boonie Girl! SS the Carb Monster is making U feel out of Control! But, it sounds like U will get it a handle on it after this wknd. How was the pork/shroom dinner? I think I'm due for a pork tenderloin. Been eating Mex stew every nite & getting Tarred of it. Yeah, understand about not posting when we're not on plan or when we have been letting the Carb monster take control!
Wow! UR going to be one busy Girl next wknd! 21 Kids over & 5 spending the next nite over!
Good 4U doing the 10km! Yes, feel proud of where u r & what U have accomplished! Yup...smell the Roses...Life is Good!

Lisa~Very Nice Scrap L/C Cookbook! Looks like it took lots of time & patience! Likey those cream cheese muffins. Oh, & I got that Jello fluff recipe from U! Will look & see if my grocery store carries those Atkins dinners. How old is Em now? Doing well in Ballet?
I'm not in the Boonies like Jo! Town is not too far from us. We live on a ridge & a bit higher up than the town folks.

Well, not much happening here today. It was a nice blue sky day...in the high 50's. Day off from yoga again. I'm feeling better today & slept some last nite. I hate having to wake up almost every hr or 2...but, that's just the way it has been lately. I might take some ambien tonite. Need some Zzzz!
Scale down 1#.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen made it!

Lisa what's WATP?

I need Jello fluff recipe.

Pat. You make me feel better/ normal. I guess I just expected it to go away. Normal is good tho. So I'm not going to fret about it. Just feel it and go on. I know others here have been going thru since Moore and our own warnings. I feel ready to start moving forward again.

Ambien didn't work well for me. I'm sensitive to these things. I was down to 1/2 tab and missing pieces of time during the day and wanting to nap if I sat still. Then turn around and be up 36 hours. back to my melatonin and Benadryl.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Howdy, Karen!

CJ/Lisa~I've never tried exercise CDs. Wish I had the discipline to do exercise in front of my Screen. My body isn't fond of impact exercises either.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~Yeah...normal is Good! Whatever that is!
Wow...on the Ambien for U! Ambien doesn't do that to me. I do sleep when I take it...maybe 3hrs or a bit more. I just don't want to become addicted to them. So, I take it only when I absolutely need some SLEEP! I take melatonin/magnesium/calcium most nights. Sometimes...the melatonin gives me vivid/strange dreams though. But...sleep doesn't last long.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's the Jello Fluff recipe:
JELLO FLUFF
1 small package sugar free jello, any flavor
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
About 2 cups ice cubes
In a medium bowl, dissolve the jello in 1 cup boiling water, stirring 3 minutes. Add 1 1/2-2 cups ice cubes and stir until the jello starts to thicken; about 3 minutes. Remove any unmelted ice. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add a small amount of the jello (2 tablespoon or so) to the cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the cheese mixture to the rest of the jello; beat on high until foamy. Pour into servings dishes and chill until set.
Makes 4 servings
Do not freeze
Per Serving: 105 Calories; 10g Fat; 4g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #83
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Good evening! Just got back from the gym, yoga class. Was really good, but dind't really break a sweat. I'm fat, I should! I see there was a conversation about exercise. I've recently (since May6th I think) rejoined a gym, doing weight training Mon-Wed-Fri and yoga Thurs-Sat-Sun, 3 classes 3 different teachers, so they are all really different.

I can't be that "I" am hitting the gym 6 times a week! I'm the laziest person I know, all my life! lol. Also starting with a personal trainer one day a week for 6 weeks starting June 5th. If I can do it, anyone can. I have to say too, I already feel my boy changing, getting harder under the squishy fat, and feeling stronger and more flexible. It's kinda awesome and worth the $40 a month, since I would never work out without the gym at home.

Keeping my calories between 1400-1600 a day and under 20 net carbs a day, and still the scale hasn't gone down since Monday, and actually it's creeping up .2 a day lol. Oh well, I'm improving my health, eventually the scale has to keep moving down. (please!)

Anyway, work and deadlines still suck! But at least tomorrow is the end of one, then I have a weekend, yay! Feeling pretty positive otherwise tonight lol. Just thought I'd share.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Pat.

Yeah I'm funky with meds. . Dr. Doesn't like the Benadryl. Says it keeps me out of deep sleep. But I feel better on it. Funny thing tho- I was losing weight on the Ambien. Put it back on when I quit. His theory that my weight issue is lack of quality sleep. So maybe I will try something else.

I have some yoga DVD but they didnt do much for me. I expect I probably needed some real classes first to do it right. I have all kinds of exercise DVD. I always live far from town so I have my own little gym, etc. now to just use it lol.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #85
Avy
Senior LCF Member

I had a fantastic dvd, and I couldn't stand to do it for more than 10 mins. I "need" classes to actually start and finish and be committed to holding poses and get the most out of it. Too lazy and unmotivated and lose interest too quickly at home, without structure.

Same with the weight training. At the gym I know I have to force myself to do the 10 mins on the elliptical to warm up, then I know I want to work out every major muscle, so I work each one to failure with the heaviest weights I can on each machine for 1-2 sets of 8-15 depending, then I can do my stretching and get gone. In and out in an hour, I'm sweaty, and feel all my muscles, but never sore the next day.

Oh, and I have arthritis all over, but none of the physical activity (6 days a week!?) is bothering it any more than usual.

I have always had major sleep issues too, all my life. takes forever to fall asleep, don't stay asleep for more than a couple - 3 hrs, and wake up a lot until it's time to get up. Nothing helps, prescriptions, over the counter, melatonin, herbs, etc. I've mostly given up trying to find a cure and just deal with it. :/ Someone mentioned Valerian, which I haven't tried, but maybe some day I will.

I haven't used melatonin in a long time, even though I have some, because long term usage is bad, from what I read, and can cause more sleep pattern problems in the long run. I dunno, not sleeping well sucks and affects every aspect of our lives and health, including weight loss and mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Thanks Pat.

Yeah I'm funky with meds. . Dr. Doesn't like the Benadryl. Says it keeps me out of deep sleep. But I feel better on it. Funny thing tho- I was losing weight on the Ambien. Put it back on when I quit. His theory that my weight issue is lack of quality sleep. So maybe I will try something else.

I have some yoga DVD but they didnt do much for me. I expect I probably needed some real classes first to do it right. I have all kinds of exercise DVD. I always live far from town so I have my own little gym, etc. now to just use it lol.

Last edited by Avy; 05-30-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Avy. Sounds like you are doing great. A personal trainer is nice! You are really motivated.

Fibro people have a lot of pain and fatigue issues. If I work a muscle to failure I won't be able to use for it several days. Even if you don't go to failure you can end up with mucho pain and the affected muscle- say an arm- has big trembles just picking up a glass. For days. Or it goes to failure and you drop it. That's why I drink from a glass with a lid with a straw. Old habit from back in the day when I pushed my limits. Or you sit down and don't have enough strength in your legs to stand up. They just shake. But we keep trying different ways. Some I can do for a while. Some not. The hunt continues.

I didn't have much luck with Valerian.

I always loved weight training. I started it in my 20's. that would be in the early 1980's. showing my age here. Lol. It would nice to be able to do it again. Hopefully with med changes I can get something started again.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #87
Avy
Senior LCF Member

That sounds horrible! I agree though, it's important to find things you enjoy, and you can do, that improve your quality of life. Start small, keep trying new things, etc, until you find something that works. Hell, just doing very light housework used to be a heavy workout for me once a week lol.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol about housework. Yes.

It's just limiting and at times frustrating. Nothing life threatening but a pain in the butt literally and figuratively. Lol

Last edited by CJMO; 05-30-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
I've recently (since May6th I think) rejoined a gym, doing weight training Mon-Wed-Fri and yoga Thurs-Sat-Sun, 3 classes 3 different teachers, so they are all really different.

I'm improving my health, eventually the scale has to keep moving down. (please!)
Wow! Good 4 U!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post

I have always had major sleep issues too, all my life. takes forever to fall asleep, don't stay asleep for more than a couple - 3 hrs, and wake up a lot until it's time to get up. Nothing helps, prescriptions, over the counter, melatonin, herbs, etc. I've mostly given up trying to find a cure and just deal with it. :/ Someone mentioned Valerian, which I haven't tried, but maybe some day I will.

I haven't used melatonin in a long time, even though I have some, because long term usage is bad, from what I read, and can cause more sleep pattern problems in the long run. I dunno, not sleeping well sucks and affects every aspect of our lives and health, including weight loss and mood.
Ditto on the not sleeping through the night! I'm having major sleep issues right now! Hate it!
ITA...Yup...not sleeping well SUX & does affect every aspect of our lives!
Closed Thread