Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Yeah warm is much better. Not like where Jo lives where are you Jo?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Yes those ice pics were unbelievable!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
I'm going to mark my spot here for June 1st. June 1st is also my 1 year lowcarbversary!

To date I've lost 51 lbs, and recently started working out, doing yoga, and getting more active in general, including 1 day a week with a personal trainer starting next week.

Looking forward to getting stronger, leaner, and dropping the last 40 or so lbs in the next 8-12 months.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Deb~Have a fun & safe Trip!
Yeah...post pix here!

CJ~U stay Safe! Oh, fire was 6yrs ago. Yes, the burnt trees are definitely a reminder!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Avy! Good 4 U on dropping the 51#!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG, Avy!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa~SS UR having a rough time w/ur Fibro & side effects from the meds.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Pat how many years now since your fire? Most if our tornado trees are gone but there are pockets of them still around. Trees are reminders.
It will be 6yrs June 23rd. Yes, Trees (burnt sticks) are reminders.

Last edited by Rbenz; 05-29-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post

Deb why are you posting pics elsewhere?
Yeah...Why?
Maybe cuz she's going to start that 30 days to 50 thang?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

image.jpg

Mom still has tornado trees behind her house. New tree in front yard. I remember seeing areas like yours when we went to Yellowstone. That's so close.

Welcome Avy!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #41
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to the summer (if it ever arrives in BC) and getting out more. Feeling like I need a shower now though, after my workout earlier and stressful work day.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

When peeps came by to peep...they said, U got Marshmellowed! Yeah...guess we did. Our house was next to go...but, we're still here! Thx to the fire crews & the helicopters trying to save us & others on our ridge! And...that, the wind direction switched @ the last minute!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Last edited by Rbenz; 05-29-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful view even with trees. Marshmellowed huh? You were so lucky!!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~Yes, we were very Lucky! We got away with cracked windows, singed deck, smoke damage & some marshmallowing. But, boy...did I have survivors guilt afterward! I felt so badly for everyone below us who lost their homes/cars/pets.

Last edited by Rbenz; 05-29-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do big wildfires elsewhere bring it all back to you again? Moore Ok took me back. I didn't want to go. I don't have survivors guilt I don't think. I just can't get over that I couldn't find Mom. I still feel at times like I failed her that night. No logic to the feeling, it's just there. How long did your guilt last? It's odd what our brains will put us thru.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Windy and humid. The storms last night lost there oomph before they got here let's hope the same happens over the next 2 days.

Got on the scale today. Ugh. But not starting anything til after storm season is gone.

Off work today. Going to do housework.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/194/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011,restart Sept 1st
Hi Avy and welcome great weight loss, good work! I was just think we all live in dangerous areas! Pat those pictures are scary. Deb have a blast! Cheryl welcome back I missed you. Lisa happy Thursday. Ok I am speeding through all my hi's cus I need to rant!!! I am out of ketosis and out of control. Have been since around Tuesday I think or might of been the weekend. I have been beating myself up over it and that has to end. Planning the meal right then losing control in the evening and the Carb monster knows when I am weak. I have been walking everyday thank god so my weight is about the same I expect but its this out of control feeling I hate and the reason I stay in ketosis. So since I hate beating myself up I have decide to give myself a break. We are going across the river on Saturday for the day and I know that will not be a good day. So I will not go crazy but I am making a plan and that is induction will start on Sunday morning. I know I will hate having induction flu again (you think I would learn) but it is what it is. I will be around more and plan on staying in induction for the whole month of June. I start working out with a personal trainer on June 15th and want to be at my best. So I am committing to this month and this group!! I will get it done. So even though I have been off plan that doesnt mean I wont totally enjoy the roast pork and mushrooms I have in my slow cooker for supper it smelt so good at lunch when I was home. So bear with me next week as I moan and groan my way back to ketosis where I am happiest. Do any of you guys notice that when you are off plan you tend to not post as much? Hummmmmmm bad habit of mine so its better to just blurt it out and be done with it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I want to be a big yapper, guess I need to post more shorter messages but that just not me..
Old 05-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl when you ready to jump back in I will be waiting for you. Tell those storms to get lost. At least for us once the ice moves we know were good for another year. Stay safe
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Also I have my youngest sons 13th birthday next Friday night from 6-11 21 kids including a campfire of course and my 10 km Challenge Saturday morning at 9:00am, DH and the boys are doing the 5 km. So I really really need to be through induction flu and into a good place by then. Looking big time forward to the 10 km and the 4 girls I pole walk with are all doing the 10 km with me. Last year I was so proud of myself for doing the 5 km , hard to believe that I would be ready for a 10 km this year. Really need to remind myself sometimes how far I have come.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Jo I am getting close to restarting. Need to get thru storm season. They just put out a severe warning for us. It's a booming but so far that's all. You have come a long way. We all get side tracked/ discouraged at times. But we come back. That's our core here , we all keep on trying.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandra2
Stats: 247.2/240.7/185
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: March 2014
Newbie on board

Hi I am new here. I began my journey last Saturday. My goal is to loose 55 pounds by October. Any suggestions or advice is needed and welcomed. Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sandra in Florida a yaaaaa, welcome to our thread and you can so lose 55 lbs by Oct if you work hard at it and stick to your plan. Next question what plan are you following? Married, single, kids? Young or old like me...Yup I am nosy and you don't have to answer a thing but its fun to get to know the people we are trying to lose weight with. This is a great fun group , not judgemental but very encouraging. Any questions ask away and someone will try and answer if we can. I was in Florida this spring with my DH and my boys and we had a great time. Try and check in everyday if possible it will help keep you honest. Anyway I am the great northern Polar bear I hope we see you lots.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl stay safe tonight all your storms are scaring me. I do hope this is over for you soon.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

I missed y'all today!!! I had to wait for my boys to get home and fix the internet...it just wouldnt connect I just can't seem to post using my phone...the screen is way too small, ya know?

Another day almost done and on plan It's 7pm here on the east coast. Just returned from taking Emmalee to ballet class and made supper...spaghetti. I had one of my Atkins meals.

Cheryl~ I sure am praying those storms stay away! Y'all need to come live with me...we RARELY have extreme weather. When did u say storm season will be over? R u gonna LC do ya think? As Jo says, we r here when ur ready and I sure hope u stick around and chat dear friend and

Jo~ 10K??? Good for you!!! You have come a long way from the looks of ur stats. WTG Campout party with 20+ boys??? Better u than me! LOL Seriously, hope everyone has a blast!

Sandra! Share a lil about yourself and ur journey when u get a chance
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Hi Sandra in Florida a yaaaaa, welcome to our thread and you can so lose 55 lbs by Oct if you work hard at it and stick to your plan. Next question what plan are you following? Married, single, kids? Young or old like me...Yup I am nosy and you don't have to answer a thing but its fun to get to know the people we are trying to lose weight with. This is a great fun group , not judgemental but very encouraging. Any questions ask away and someone will try and answer if we can. I was in Florida this spring with my DH and my boys and we had a great time. Try and check in everyday if possible it will help keep you honest. Anyway I am the great northern Polar bear I hope we see you lots.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Pat~ Wow!!! I had no idea u went thru this ordeal. So happy u are ok and ur house survived too Looks like u live on the edge of a cliff...scary but so BEAUTIFUL too. Many of u r like literally out in the wilderness ...amazing to me cuz I've lived in suburbs all my life. Stores and "civilization" r only a hop skip & jump away. The home we r in now DOES have a nice view out back... cornfield and farmland, so thats something I guess
Old 05-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lots of storms today but not too bad over 3" rain and it doesn't quit until Sat. We are soggy. then it starts all over on Tues. they say. Oh well. At least no tornado!

Sandra. We are a chatty bunch. And we talk about anything!

G Jo 20 boys?? Wow that's a bunch! You've really set some goals. Good for you!

Lisa I wondered where you were. Thought you were scrap booking. Or busy with Emmalee(sp)

I like living in the sticks - tho I am not as far out as Jo! I used to be a city girl.

I'm thinking I will skip induction and do carb counting. Maybe keep it between 20-40 a day. I think I can live with that. I'll see if I can lose on that. I may have to go ahead and start before storm season ends. Spring was so late this year it may go on and I really wanted to be started again by June. If I fall off a couple times I'll just get back on track. It's the long haul that counts.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

We are indeed in the boonies if you look at a map of Canada and find Ontario then follow this map North we are Moose factory . A little Island on the James Bay across from Moosonee about 300 miles north of where the road goes. So yes I guess the Boonies
Closed Thread