Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #391
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
Deb sounds like you had a good strawberry party. l:
fresh strawberries just picked with real whip cream and dark rum and cokes

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #392
Deb

Cheryl I think your flowers are lop-sided..kinda like me today
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Well I tried rotating it and it still came out sideways
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I got it that time. 4th times a charm
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #395
Deb

Quote:
Well I tried rotating it and it still came out sideways
Old 06-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Did the rain miss you? Sounds like GS is going to give you worout
Rain missed us today. Tornados in northern Iowa. We are southern. GS is wearing down.....Grandpa is wrestling right now. Definitely didn't get horseback with my little helper. But did get a tax return done tonight......
Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #397
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Started my Nutrition course tonight... In lesson 3 and this is what I read...

"Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of fuel. Contrary to what fad low-carb diet proponents say, we need carbohydrates to be truly healthy. Many will see that, over time, avoiding carbohydrates can result in deficiencies and disease. A lack of carbohydrates could result in energy loss, ketosis, depression, nutritional deficiencies, and loss of essential body protein. Of course, eating the right kinds of carbohydrates is important. Formed by green plants as a product of photosynthesis, carbohydrates are the most abundant compounds on Earth, consisting primarily of starch, sugar, and fibre."

Yep... I'm learning so much already.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #398
Deb

going to be a nice sunny day here today
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/194/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011,restart Sept 1st
Deb sent you a friend request twice but not sure if you got it. Weird Coming to Northern Ont cool! Bring your skeeter summer perfume, you will need it When are you coming our way? I am counting the days till we head to Nova Scotia, 49 I do believe can you tell I am excited
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl the powerless dust hole finally got power yesterday at 3:00 but its not helping since they still have no put my lights back in. I have 7 holes cut out in my walls and 5 in the ceiling. Tools and lights everywhere and yes of course dust. Its freezing out and I could let all this get to me but!! I have the radio blurring on my NS country radio station, gotta love the internet and singing aloud and buzzing through my work. Hows your day working for you I have the walking group coming over tonight after our walk for wine and snacks since one of the girls is moving away tomorrow and cake although I am thinking my kids will get most of that because it also her birthday. She is 73 I was shocked when I heard that. She outwalks all of us and ran the 10km on Saturday instead of walking. Hope I have that much energy at her age. I though she was in her early 60's, that show how good I am at guessing ages. Hope you allhave a totally great day!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Snacks will be cheeses and pepperoi and cheese ball, gluten free crackers since 3 of us dont eat gluten and a big shrimp cocktail. I finally get weighed in Saturday so this girl is going to stay on track. Except a glass of wine or two
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Avy that is what they are going to teach you but you will learn stuff you can use as well. The more you learn the easier it is to work through information. I write menus of all diets everyday and I don't neccessarly agree with what I have to give some of them as we have alot of diabetics up here but that my job. I make my own personal choices for myself. But I have alot of stored knowlege after 25 years of doing this and I know what works for me and if people ask I will tell them about my WOE. I have actually got one of our doctors trying to eat low carb and she knows it what she needs to do. She has lost 4 lbs so far in the last 3 weeks and I know she is not doing to well on call in the evenings. She told me that last night but she is happy with her results so far. So if we can get one doctor at a time interested we someday might be able to make real changes. Until then we just do what we have to do!! Everyone is different I have a sister that eats a clean eating diet and its works for her. Although she has gone gluten free as well. I say whatever works and each their own. Enjoy your course but dont get upset with alot of what they will teach. Take from it what you can and keep learning! Have a great day
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

GJO~Glad ur Dust Hole has power now! Now, about that Dust! Sneezing here!
Have a Fun walking group Snack party! Some peeps show their age & some are lucky that they don't!

Avy~That is a true point about carbs. But, for some of us...there are Bad carbs out there too!

Deb~Sunny here too! Yum...on the fresh strawberries & Rum & Cokes!

Karen~GPa worn out from GrS? Planting yet?

CJ~Purdy AVi!

Day off from Yoga today. Waiting for the wind to die down a bit so we can go Paddle boarding on the lake.
Scale is my friend. I'm -6# since I got back from Maui!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Pat WTG on a 6 lb loss thats wonderful. You must be very happy! I clean the dust and they are repairing the walks so they just make more. Reactine now for a couple of days because the dust is a killer for my allergies. Hope your wind died down and you got out on the lake
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #405
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Deb sent you a friend request twice but not sure if you got it. Weird Coming to Northern Ont cool!:
ya weird 4-sure and I cant find ya

not sure when we are heading out..will keep ya posted for sure
I wanted to get us to Vegas again this year also and now the L/B says Cuba for xmas
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #406
Deb

wow Pat 6 lbs
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #407
Avy
Senior LCF Member

179lbs again this morning, probably good since I didn't get much sleep last night.

Oh, I will learn lots, I"m sure. I just find it hilarious they actually said "those fad low carb diets" and referred to ketosis as if it was negative. :P I will not get upset by anything they try and teach me, I just have to remember what the "right" answers are for the tests. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Avy that is what they are going to teach you but you will learn stuff you can use as well. The more you learn the easier it is to work through information. I write menus of all diets everyday and I don't neccessarly agree with what I have to give some of them as we have alot of diabetics up here but that my job. I make my own personal choices for myself. But I have alot of stored knowlege after 25 years of doing this and I know what works for me and if people ask I will tell them about my WOE. I have actually got one of our doctors trying to eat low carb and she knows it what she needs to do. She has lost 4 lbs so far in the last 3 weeks and I know she is not doing to well on call in the evenings. She told me that last night but she is happy with her results so far. So if we can get one doctor at a time interested we someday might be able to make real changes. Until then we just do what we have to do!! Everyone is different I have a sister that eats a clean eating diet and its works for her. Although she has gone gluten free as well. I say whatever works and each their own. Enjoy your course but dont get upset with alot of what they will teach. Take from it what you can and keep learning! Have a great day
Yeah, definitely more bad carbs than good for me! I'm away on business today, and I met a woman today who is low carbing as well, didn't get a chance to talk much about it since we were busy learning about tax :P but it's nice to see others doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post

GJO~Glad ur Dust Hole has power now! Now, about that Dust! Sneezing here!
Have a Fun walking group Snack party! Some peeps show their age & some are lucky that they don't!

Avy~That is a true point about carbs. But, for some of us...there are Bad carbs out there too!

Deb~Sunny here too! Yum...on the fresh strawberries & Rum & Cokes!

Karen~GPa worn out from GrS? Planting yet?

CJ~Purdy AVi!

Day off from Yoga today. Waiting for the wind to die down a bit so we can go Paddle boarding on the lake.
Scale is my friend. I'm -6# since I got back from Maui!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #408
Big Yapper!!!!

Thx Jo & Deb!

GJo~That's how it goes here...I dust & the wind blows pollen & dust back in.

Deb~Why Cuba?

Well, didn't go paddling after all. The wind just wouldn't cooperate. Did get some things done around here though.
We are making a pizza...yeah, I know...the Crust! Will only have 1 slice & the rest is for DH. He will have enough L/Os for a few meals.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pat. Way to go!!

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. Started new meds Tuesday and so far not sleeping well. But he said it could take a week. Trying something different than sleeping pills since they leave me groggy. No good sleep probably not much weight loss. But I'm prepared.

Deb- Cuba? I hear it is pretty. I don't think Americans are allowed to go there. That was a good party.

Jo you go! Get up and boogie to the music in you office. sounds like you are staying on track. And slowly converting others. walk for wine? I'm surprised Deb isn't there.

Avy doing good. Being in meetings and traveling can put a crimp in things but it looks like you are handling it.

Karen are you still dry? We are. I saw them out haying today.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just found out they are having hydroplane races in the cove catty corner to us this weekend. We will be staying home.

Just got back from SAMs. Just bought the essentials. Took LD for a nice walk. Sunny and warm to hot.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #411
Deb

Cheryl us Canadians can travel anywhere and be welcome

why not Cuba I say
sun and beach and swimming with the dolphins
Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We can a little now but it all goes back to about 1960 when Cuba pointed Nuclear missles at us.

This is how we can go. Lots of restrictions but less than it used to be.

How to Travel to Cuba if You Are an American - Cuban Travel, Vacation and Holiday Planning for U.S. Travelers
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #413
Avy
Senior LCF Member

I found a walmart, so breakfast will be fresh berries, jerky and powerade zero on the way to the meeting, and I also have macadamias and atkin's bars if necessary for snacks and lunch, since I should be heading home (1.5 hr drive) by 12:30. Maybe a $5 latte with heavy cream from Starbucks on the way home! Those keep me going foreva!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #414
Avy
Senior LCF Member

As an aside, the people who wrote this particular nutrition course I'm taking, are very much pro vegetarianism, and anti meat. Which I find ironic, because they can't say enough good stuff about Paleo in this chapter. At least it's interesting!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #415
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~Thx! New Meds...for sleep or for your Fibro? No good sleep here either. Still having just a few hours of sleep & then I'm awake. I eventually go back to sleep & then repeat the same again. Ho-Hum! Did try your Benadryl...last week. But, one night I felt nauseous...so, decided to cut it out until I'm absolutely sleepless again.
Hydroplane races...Wow!

Avy~Good for you staying on plan while traveling.

Speaking of Sleep...guess it's time for me to try and get me some. Took a melatonin & some calcium about an hour ago.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #416
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Pat. Way to go!!

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. Started new meds Tuesday and so far not sleeping well. But he said it could take a week. Trying something different than sleeping pills since they leave me groggy. No good sleep probably not much weight loss. But I'm prepared.

Deb- Cuba? I hear it is pretty. I don't think Americans are allowed to go there. That was a good party.

Jo you go! Get up and boogie to the music in you office. sounds like you are staying on track. And slowly converting others. walk for wine? I'm surprised Deb isn't there.

Avy doing good. Being in meetings and traveling can put a crimp in things but it looks like you are handling it.

Karen are you still dry? We are. I saw them out haying today.
They are in the field today. After all corn in the ground, we will start knockiing hay down. Some chance of rain today, so wait and see what Mother Nature sends us today.

I am having trouble with the scale. By the end of the day, I have given up on eating right. Then I step on the scale and am disgusted. Then it starts all over again...................................
Not sure how to get motivated again. Severe burn out from work this year, and then lousy weather......
Old 06-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen I know what you mean. I took May off. Just gave myself a break. Sometimes we just need to recharge. I didn't pig out just gave myself permission to eat more carbs. Now I'm back. Still a struggle but I'm ready to try again.

Pat I'm working on both. I want to be able to be exercise some. He did suggest I go to a good health food store and get quality Melatonin-l tryptophan supplement combo. I still need to do that. The other med - Cymbalta - is supposed to help pain and sleep but the first week can make you hyper- hasn't happened lol- because it is a SSNRI. It dumps a lot of N the first week. Try it for a month and if it doesn't work we will try something else. The daily pain is manageable but I want to be more active. And of course lose weight!!

I sometimes get nauseated with the Benadryl too. It usually goes away with a little snack. I'm off it right now with the other changes.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:25 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weigh in +.06
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #419
Deb

Quote:
We can a little now but it all goes back to about 1960 when Cuba pointed Nuclear missles at us.

This is how we can go. Lots of restrictions but less than it used to be.

How to Travel to Cuba if You Are an American - Cuban Travel, Vacation and Holiday Planning for U.S. Travelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
I found a walmart, so breakfast will be fresh berries, jerky and powerade zero on the way to the meeting, and I also have macadamias and atkin's bars if necessary for snacks and lunch!
good for you on the planning

Pat how did you sleep?
Karen any plans for the weekekend?
Wheres Misty and Lisa
Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #420
Deb

drizzly dark morning here ..
so it will be a inside day playing with my vac

I am cooking a turkey this afternoon and training my new weekend manager

so im looking forward to doing some hiking with my man this weekend and just getting away from the building
Closed Thread