Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
DH just broke the screen on his new phone
Bummer! Did he drop it?
Yay...TV @ the LH!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #362
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
So tired today! Didn't sleep well last night and work was really busy with lots of little rush kinda jobs. Glad to be home.

Professional development, for work. Going to "The Essentials of PST" and "Getting a GRIP on RDTOH, and other corporate crap"...not exactly the title of that course lol. I'm an accountant, it's fun. :P

Quote:
I don't think I've had Chard either.

Misty you did good. It's hot here.

Summer came with a bang. 92. Clear and sunny.

Took LD for a walk. He was panting by the time we got back.

Laura Wow that's a lot of fish. Where were the fishing? What kind? Beach.. ah yes!! I miss the ocean.

Pat now I remember what SUPN is. That's good exercise and fun.

Avy on your weight. What's PD ?

Jo I didn't know you had 2 years of chef school. Come cook for me??? Hope your poor old body is feeling better. laughter is sooo good for us

Bucky I love studying nutrition too. I got the usual info in Nursing school. But there is so much misinformation out there. And it doesn't seem they teach different styles of eating for different bodies, metabolism , lifestyles. At least not around here. It's all about the food pyramid. That doesn't work for me or most people on this forum. It sounds like a great idea for you.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Deb looked up some chard recipes and found so many, going to buy some this week for sure. Don't know why I never tried it.

Cheryl getting rain today but it's not cold. Been getting hot here too. Sure took long enough. Wtg on the new TV.

Avy wtg on the loss.

Pat when you do the paddle board, do you use a surf boatd? I'd like to try something like that.
Oh no! A woman at work did that to her iphone last week too. But hers was a 5 year old 3g, so it's a good excuse to get a new one lol.

Quote:
DH just broke the screen on his new phone
Old 06-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #363
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm on Top!

Karen~Good going on the Horseback riding!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

GJo~Good going on being 1st in that WALK! LOL...on your dog getting ice cream too!
Yeah...I pad my knees in certain positions in yoga.
I like color coordinating too & bright colors.

Misty~Rainy here too w/thunder! Good going on keeping away from carbs during all those Grad parties!
I have a paddle board...they do resemble a surf board...but, wider/thicker/longer.

Bucky~Friend gave us a huge pkg of Turkey bacon. It was good! Yoga is more strenuous than walking. Well, depends how fast ur walking & if ur walking hilly terrain though. If U join a yoga class, Modify ur positions as need be.

CJ~Did LD help U dig up ur Iris's? Bet ur Roses are Beautiful! Wish I could grow them up here. I tried...I only get a rose here & there the next year after winter here. Grrr! Wow...on the Bass boats there! I wouldn't likey the noise or the fumes!

Laura~WOW! That's a LOT of FISH! They r HUGE! What kind r they? Glad U got some time off before peeps start visiting.

Deb~I likey those cheese crisps. Guess ur over your crunchy craving?
Strawberries...Luv them! I've been eating them everyday lately.
Yeah...have yoga matching stuff 2!
Oh, about getting injured in yoga...yes, I have been! A shoulder injury doing hand stands (years ago). My back has gone out twice & knee pain (due to pre-existing conditions) from some yoga Asanas/positions. That's about it!

Avy~Luv BF quiche. Like not worrying about what's for BF every AM! Just finished up a mushrm/spinach/bacon one! Good w/o schedule! Good going/idea on the Nutrition classes & getting certified. I have 2 GFs who are certified & 1 who is getting a degree in it. I have always been a nutrition nut. What can I say...I luv Food!

Scale is holding. Good Yoga class this morning. Went shopping afterward & then home to do laundry. Was a good day for laundry w/the rain & cool weather.
L/O BBQ Chic boobs/thighs & cole slaw for dinner tonight.

Last edited by Rbenz; 06-10-2013 at 07:25 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #365
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
anyone know anything about *Masons*

didn't get a chance to eat my chard..friends came over for drinks and now its too late to eat

long day
nite nite
Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #366
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Just took the almond chocolate torte out of the oven, and have chocolate cupcakes in there now. Feeling industrious tonight lol. had enough batter from the cupcakes to make one microwave mug cake out of it, so I did, and that was my treat tonight. I hope the oven made ones are better. It was ok, but nothing special.

I plan to take some stuff to work tomorrow for a coworker who is an on again off again low carber, before he heads to London on vacation.

Oh yeah, also made flax muffins I found on these boards. they look like hockey pucks! But they taste fine. Think they could have used some baking powder.

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #367
Deb

morning...

im heading out for a walk and some shopping
Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Good afternoon, LCF!!! Just a quick check-in for now. I'm off to do some grocery shopping and couponing at pharmacies. Lots of good deals this week.

I am feeling relieved that major events are over with. Tim's graduation was emotional for me as I expected. Not my last child to send off, as I still have Emmalee, but Tim was my baby for 10 years before she came along. I can't believe how quickly my lil boy turned into a man !!!

Emma's dance recital was LOVELY. The ballet classes performed Snow White

I made good choices while eating out BUT did slip a lil this weekend and had some dark chocolate covered fruit. Not the WORST thing, but too many carbs on this plan.

My official WI day is Monday...189.0. Not too bad considering. At least I can change my stats LOL My next mini goal is to get FIRMLY in next decade, so mid 180s

I'll BBL to read and catch up with y'all. Hope everyone is well.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #369
Deb

Lisa so good to see ya
and sounds like you have been having some nice family times Hi Em

ok so I bought new sandles and a 3 tier steamer..it has a extra egg tray and all
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Scale is depresssing......but today is nice enough for motorcycle to work this afternoon!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #371
Deb

Karen I am thinking of putting my scale in the bad boy closet myself

have a good ride
Old 06-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Karen I am thinking of putting my scale in the bad boy closet myself

have a good ride
Nice to know others are having scale issues too. Just have to quit indulging myself (or overlooking my hungries)
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Hot here and muggy and I am pretty sure we are in for our first thunder and lighting storm of the summer. We are suppose to walk tonight but in this heat and if its storming we might try a new zumba class that starting tonight. One of my walking partners leaves on Friday I'm going to miss those girls! Deb my scales have been in the bad boy closet since the 1st of June. I will give them a try and Saturday morning. I know two things about Mason's, one I have a 14 year old one and Mason jars are fun to drink out of But I am pretty sure you are talking about the Mason Organisation. I watched a program about them just a couple of weeks ago. A men's brotherhood secret socitey club. They have been around for years. Karen sorry about the scale they can be so mean, you will get this Lisa great going getting through it all with just a little chocolate covered fruit. They sure do grow up way to fast. Avy your a busy little baker, I tend to bake more in the winter but I am sure your friend enjoys the treats. Pat you sound great and thanks the walk was a blast but I am still feeling it in parts. I think we are in for some rain too but its pretty warm so it will cool things off a bit I am hoping. I just hate the the lightening. I never thought about padding my knees , good idea. Misty Chard is good but it can be bitter if not cooked enough. Deb strawberry night does sound fun. Cheryl nice the new tv and not so nice your DH phone. We have a dish but when it rains its kinda crappy. Enjoy your heat and I would cook for you anytime if I was a bit closer. Still doing great with my eating and hopefully I will see the scale more Saturday. At least I am not having those awful cravings anymore and I am not tempted to eat off plan for that very reason. Laura thats a lot of fish I am sure you will be enjoying it. Glad you got the day off. Well believe it or not I still don't have power in my office other then my computer plugged into an extension cord. So no A/C and no lights. I am moving on from pissed off to acceptance. Nothing I can do about it an it would seem nothing they can either They have drilled holes all over my walls and they did say when they finished they would fix it and repaint but for now I sit in the dark in a room full of dust Sounds like your all doing great and enjoy your day. Deb that sounds like one fancy steamer!!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #374
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
Well believe it or not I still don't have power in my office other then my computer plugged into an extension cord. So no A/C and no lights. I am moving on from pissed off to acceptance. Deb that sounds like one fancy steamer!!

im sorry...its not funny but we sure laughed at the **** pissed off to acceptance

it is a pretty facy steamer..i may have to take its pix and post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #375
Deb

Jo do you have lots of skeeters? my man is from your parts and said they can get unbearable
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #376
Avy
Senior LCF Member

The chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting were a hit at work. Now I'm home reading nutrition stuff, impatiently waiting for my text books to arrive lol.

Saturday June 1, 2013 182.80
Sunday June 2, 2013 180.60
Monday June 3, 2013 180.80
Tuesday June 4, 2013 181.40
Wednes June 5, 2013 180.80
Thursday June 6, 2013 181.00
Friday June 7, 2013 180.60
Saturday June 8, 2013 179.00
Sunday June 9, 2013 180.80
Monday June 10, 2013 178.60
Tuesday June 11, 2013 179.00
Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #377
Avy
Senior LCF Member

I don't know if I can link a recipe from About.com, but I'm going to post it below. Exept for cheesecake, this is by far the best low carb cake/cookie/pie/etc I have ever tried. The texture is amazing.

Pecan Chocolate Torte.

Ingredients:

2 cups pecans ((I used 1.5 cups of almond meal)
1/3 cup cocoa
1 t baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup erythritol (optional) (I used 2 packets of stevia)
Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Preparation:

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 or 9" round pan or springform pan.

1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.

2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again.

3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.

4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.

Nutritional Information: Each of 8 servings has 2 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 334 calories.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Deb we have been lucky this year but the skeeters will come soon. Good timing on your behave because the status on facebook last night was ..Well crap here come the blackflies! Be gone! I hate the black flies more then the skeeters. Our Skeeters are huge and the ones from the bay later in the summer bigger then huge . I got my first can of Watkins last night it will get them ,if the deet doesn't kill me Avy I think you are going to be a wealth of recipes when I do want to bake. Have a great day out there girls. Oh went to zumba last night and loved it. Its going to be every Tuesday in June across the street from me so I will add it to my exercise. Wish I could skip my powerless dusthole call an office today. Plus it dark and gloomy so maybe no one will notice me napping in the dark Happy Hump day!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Deb the even funnier part was I have been so pissed that they couldn't fix it and wasting all my energy glaring at them that yesterday I decide it just wasn't worth it and that I could get use to working in the dark. Not sure what kinda mess I will make with payroll but oh well right!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Rain may miss us today. by tomorrow, might be able to get in the field and plant some crops!!!!!!!! But better to have too much rain than drought..........

DD has a meeting, so I have GS for 3 days.....he is 21 months old now, and learning to run everywhere he goes......
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Deb that was suppose to say behalf not behave but you can behave anyway couldnt fine an edit button Also should of read status on my facebook last night. I should know better then to post before I finish my first coffee!!

Last edited by Grandma Jo; 06-12-2013 at 07:06 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Karen hope you get your crops in, rain is good but not everyday! Have a great one.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #383
Deb

Jo pm me your facebook name k

wow what a party last night
Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #384
Deb

looks like we are planning a trip to Ontario
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #385
Deb

Tornado watch for Edmonton Alberta
Old 06-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
I didn't know you had tornadoes up there. have a basement?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
Rain may miss us today. by tomorrow, might be able to get in the field and plant some crops!!!!!!!! But better to have too much rain than drought..........

DD has a meeting, so I have GS for 3 days.....he is 21 months old now, and learning to run everywhere he goes......
Did the rain miss you? Sounds like GS is going to give you worout
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb sounds like you had a good strawberry party. What are you doing in Ontario?

Jo how was the powerless dust hole? you are so funny!! We had bad skeeters in North Dakota. Not bad here in Mo. Ticks mostly. And cicadas. Noisy sometimes. Zumba dance sounds like fun.

Avy keep those recipes coming looks like you are doing good!

Lisa is back. Yea on weight loss. Are you poolside?

Pat ouch that's a lot of yoga injuries. But you keep at it. LD didn't help dig up the iris. He is a phoo phoo dog.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen are you in the Derecho path? We had one thru here about 4 years ago.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #390
Deb

Quote:
I didn't know you had tornadoes up there. have a basement?
well too many mountains here for a tornado...Alberta is pretty flat

Ontario to visit friends and family for my L/B

heading out for supper tonight..i need a meal out
Closed Thread