Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #301
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
lol awesome! I almost buy those water bottles every.time I'm in there. Today we bought the dove soap because it was on sale...enough for 2 years I'm sure lol... and a few grocery items.

Layer cake sounds nice. I'm going to have grilled chicken and asparagus for supper, once the houseboy finishes the dishes lol. I haven't had one of those chocolate cakes on so long, I just might tonight. Or maybe an oat fiber muffin later.

Curled up on the couch post workout with the cat and tea. I'm a rebel on a Friday night lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Avy I went to stupid-store and Costco today too !

we spend tons of money at Costco....I always buy things I don't need

today I bought the 3 piece tall water bottles for my cold coffee for the fridge and I bought the 6 piece bar light set for my bar that lights at night

I just made my L/B the choc cake..put sugar free choc syrup..not bad

I think I will make a layer cake with whip cream and berries next time for a treat

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #302
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
I saw the *dove* on sale but I have enough for this year 4-sure

the water bottles are re-usable...one black..one red and one blue
they are tall ...I have 2 apartment size fridges so tall is good seeing im a hoarder of foods

im off for a big glass of wine and some tv before a early bed time

nite nite
Old 06-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/188/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011
Very fast run through, birthday party was a blast , they all left by 12 thank heavens. Ready for the Summer Solstice 10 km challenge today in about a half hour. Beautiful sunshine and a high of 25 C today and 28 C tomorrow. Awesome weekend. I will be back when I can and I will have pictures in the next couple of days. Hope you all doing well I will catch up soon.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bucky
Stats: 209/180.1/160 5'10"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
Whoops! Error on the Vinaigrette recipe...Meant 1/4 cup not Tblsp of balsamic or apple cider vinegar.

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 CUP balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard or more
1 tsp minced fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, chives, tarragon) or any dried herbs like oregano/tarragon etc.
salt and ground pepper (or freshly ground black pepper), to taste
I also use Mrs. Dash in it.
Whisk it up & pour into a bottle/jar.
_
This sounds great. Am going to make this. I have been hooked on Annie's Natural Goddess dressing but always looking for a new flavor!

Hi ladies -- can I join the support challenge for June or is this a private party?
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.

Beautiful Morning here!

Bucky! No private party here. Anyone can come & Crash!

Speaking of water bottles...Love my Camelback 750ml water bottle. I use it everyday. Some days I drink the whole thing in Yoga!
Still use my pedometer at times. Trying not to get OCD on it like I did in the past! Was wearing it as soon as I got up in the morning & took it off when I went to bed! There was a pedi/mileage challenge thread here...I think, that's what made me get OCD on my pedi!
Laters...Everyone have a Great Day!

Scale sticking...I'll take it! Hoping to get down another lb. this coming week. Off to Yoga in a bit. Then, to the grocery store. Some gardening & summerizing my closet. Might go SUP'n on the lake later this afternoon.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #306
Deb

Bucky

going to be hot today so me and the L/B are heading out for a early morning walk
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Bucky!

I don't have a reusable bottle per se but I have 32 oz insulated cup with lid and a straw that I take with me.

You all are making me hungry for cake.

Jo good luck on your run today glad the boys party went well. Pictures

Pat I have been flower gardening. I got about 1/3 of my iris's dug up and moved. They were jammed in where they were. My roses are in full bloom. I can't decide whether to put in a veg garden this year. It has burned up the last 2 years.

Deb. have a nice walk. Relaxing this weekend?

Misty, Karen where are you.

Avy your a Costco hound like Deb?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woke this morning to the sound of MANY boat engines roaring. Turns out they built a new multi million dollar fishing faculty at the park in the next cove. Now there are top class Bass Tournaments scheduled for every weekend. noisy when they all take off but good for the economy.

Working on LH today. Looks like a lot of debris on the shoreline from flooding but we can't do clean up until the lake level goes back down.

It is sunny!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #309
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Finally broke through, I think! Hopefully the scale is more accommodating this week. Have to get a quick shower and get dressed for yoga in an hour. Made a spinach and sausage quiche like thingy last night, had that for breakfast, was pretty good. Now I have breakfast all week with no effort.

Saturday June 1, 2013 182.80
Sunday June 2, 2013 180.60
Monday June 3, 2013 180.80
Tuesday June 4, 2013 181.40
Wednes June 5, 2013 180.80
Thursday June 6, 2013 181.00
Friday June 7, 2013 180.60
Saturday June 8, 2013 179.00
Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Wow thank you for the welcome! I have found this forum to be very information and friendly.

But most of all - I love how you support each other!

Avy - would love that recipe. Is it Induction friendly?

I just had some cauliflower with Newman's ranch dressing for my snack. 9g of carbs for the dressing! I guess I should have looked it up before consuming it.

I love my Tervis cup with straw. I drink a lot more water with a straw than I normally would.

Again -- thanks for the welcome!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #311
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Hi Bucky! I don't so much have a recipe, as saw the idea and made something. Let's see if I can remember. I think it would be induction friendly, a long as you portion it out. I cut mine into 8 pieces. For the ingredients I used and plugged into my tracker, it's about 485 calories a slice (they are big, heavy and filling) and 8 net carbs.

14 breakfast sausages
1 large onion
1.5 cups chopped mushrooms
4-5 cups of spinach

saute all that until cooked/tender. I poured it into a large spring form pan, like a cheesecake thingy. (I'm technical, I know!)

2-3 cups shredded cheese of choice. I used cheddar and some Havarti I had lying around. To that, beat 12 eggs, and add about 1/2 cup heavy cream.

Add spices of choice. I used 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp of pepper and salt.

Poor over meat mixture, stir a bit if you like. My pan is non stick so I didn't add any extra oil to grease or cook with.

Bake until almost firm in the centre, 350 degrees. Took mine about 45 mins, but it was huge. Also, I used tons of meat and fillings, because I like that better than eggs, so tweak for the things you like and don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Wow thank you for the welcome! I have found this forum to be very information and friendly.

But most of all - I love how you support each other!

Avy - would love that recipe. Is it Induction friendly?

I just had some cauliflower with Newman's ranch dressing for my snack. 9g of carbs for the dressing! I guess I should have looked it up before consuming it.

I love my Tervis cup with straw. I drink a lot more water with a straw than I normally would.

Again -- thanks for the welcome!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #312
Deb

Cheryl are you calling me a hound????

the nerve

our walk turned into a hour hike down some trails we have never been on.

no rest this weekend ..we are cleaning out our storages and condo and office

I just made the perfect poached eggs..and darn it all I didn't time them

don't ya hate that !!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

who me ??? Never
I've never had a poached egg. I'm a scrambled girl in more ways than one

Avy you broke thru!

I love sausage and onion.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #314
Deb

oh your telling us your scrambled
Old 06-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In oh so many ways!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Avy, I am going to have to try that breakfast recipe next week. Already have my breakfast food for this week. But I look forward to cooking it once and done for the week. So much more convenient and time saving!

It's a humid & muggy day here. I usually don't get out and about except first thing in the morning but that hasn't happened today.

I am hooked on the Butterball turkey bacon crisp & thin. It is delicious and low carb. And it's only $1 a pack at Sav-A-Lot! It is great on its own and in salads.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #317
Deb

good morning..

its a nice cool morning so I am heading out for a run !!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=Rbenz;16461320]
Still use my pedometer at times. Trying not to get OCD on it like I did in the past! Was wearing it as soon as I got up in the morning & took it off when I went to bed! There was a pedi/mileage challenge thread here...I think, that's what made me get OCD on my pedi!
Laters...Everyone have a Great Day!

I know the feeling. I was kinda glad I lost mine for awhile. My whole aim is to keep it simple. Food, fitness life I got side tracked in May with weather drama. Led to eating wrong. But it is all good now and better each year. So I feel like I am making progress. And I didn't gain much. And I'm not going to obsess over my steps. I'll walk LD more now since the weather is good and set a reasonable goal. Tasty but simple meals. Relax and enjoy life.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't tried that bacon.

Humid here too. We had a rain system come thru. Thankfully the temps aren't too high.

I got some yard work done at the LH. Lots of walks with LD. Visits with neighbors. It's funny I know more of my neighbors here than at my real house.

Hope everybody has a great day
Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #320
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
I'm not going to obsess over my steps. I'll walk LD more now since the weather is good and set a reasonable goal. Tasty but simple meals. Relax and enjoy life.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #321
Deb

here is this weeks workout schedule for myself

Ran today outside
Monday--1 hour full body workout
Tuesday--5k tread run
Wed--Yoga
Thursday--1 hour full body workout
Friday--5 k tread run
sat and sunday outside hike or run

keep eating real food
Old 06-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #322
Avy
Senior LCF Member

It's only supposed to get up to 17 today, but it's almost never humid here, so I'll be complaining about the cold lol.

Was exhausted all day yesterday, and stayed low carb, but ate way too much! I can tell I'm retaining water a bit, ring is tighter than usual. definitely blame the almond meal pizza I ate and didn't need.

I like the workout schedule! Mine is:

Monday 1 hr Weight training/full body, 15 mins cardio before and then stretching after
Tuesday day off or a walk
Wednesday same as Monday
Thursday Yoga
Friday same as Monday - except this week because I will be with the personal trainer on Saturday...usually it's Wedesday
Saturday and Sunday yoga, and usually end up doing a fair amount of walking with shopping and getting out to enjoy the weather.

So the scale bounced up again, yay.

Saturday June 1, 2013 182.80
Sunday June 2, 2013 180.60
Monday June 3, 2013 180.80
Tuesday June 4, 2013 181.40
Wednes June 5, 2013 180.80
Thursday June 6, 2013 181.00
Friday June 7, 2013 180.60
Saturday June 8, 2013 179.00
Sunday June 9, 2013 180.80
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Just a quick run through, will be back later to catch up. 3rd and last graduation party today, then I'm done.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #324
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post

I like the workout schedule! Mine is:
I like your too

have fun Misty
Old 06-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone do Wii Zumba? I used to do the Zumba dvds all the time but then burned out on it and haven't done it in about a year (started doing other dvds), but wonder if the Wii version is about the same or better?

I used to love doing Wii Fit and the Sports but don't have access to it (my sister has it). Was thinking about getting a Wii for myself, with the balance board and Wii Fit.

Also - I have never done yoga but it looks intriguing. Do you do a dvd or go to a class? Not sure my knee can handle all that twisting and turning (I have a torn ACL) but if it isn't more strenuous than walking then I may be able to do it.

I do a lot of inside working out because it is too hot and humid here unless you get out right at the start of the day or end of the day.

While my Dad napped, I went through all my Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazines and flagged all the low carb recipes. Will do my menu already planned for this week and then maybe start making those recipes next week.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #326
Deb

I bought a Wii when they first came out and didn't think much of it so took it back

cant say that yoga is really strain on any body parts..i go to the YMCA for my classes

best thing to do is go to a beginner class and see how it goes
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #327
Avy
Senior LCF Member

I do everything at the gym, or I wouldn't do it. There are 3 yoga classes that fit my schedule, so I go to all 3, and they are very different week to week and depending on the trainer. I have arthritis in most joints and my hips, but I do everything they do, or modify it. The instructors are awesome at asking about injuries and working with the group.

It's fantastic for strength, balance, and flexibility. I've noticed a big difference in just about 8 classes over a 2.5 week period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Does anyone do Wii Zumba? I used to do the Zumba dvds all the time but then burned out on it and haven't done it in about a year (started doing other dvds), but wonder if the Wii version is about the same or better?

I used to love doing Wii Fit and the Sports but don't have access to it (my sister has it). Was thinking about getting a Wii for myself, with the balance board and Wii Fit.

Also - I have never done yoga but it looks intriguing. Do you do a dvd or go to a class? Not sure my knee can handle all that twisting and turning (I have a torn ACL) but if it isn't more strenuous than walking then I may be able to do it.

I do a lot of inside working out because it is too hot and humid here unless you get out right at the start of the day or end of the day.

While my Dad napped, I went through all my Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazines and flagged all the low carb recipes. Will do my menu already planned for this week and then maybe start making those recipes next week.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #328
Deb

Good point Avy....

always ask instructors about modifying if your hurting

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they were injured doing yoga

Pat?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Bucky, its awesome when new members join us and it is indeed a great group. Cheryl the walk went great I was so happy, I came in first of all the walkers. 10K in 1 hour 33 mins. Pretty darn good for a 55 year old that could bearly push herself off the couch just under 2 years ago. Still now where I want to be but I will get there. I am sure you are not OCD Hope you all had as great a weekend as I did, 25 and sunshine all weekend with a nice breeze. I don't get weighted until the 15th but I know my binge weight is gone and I am hoping to see the scales move down a bit. Pole walked today but just an hour and not as the pace of yesterday but it felt good because I was stiff. Deb sound like you been have good weather too to be our running. Its so great to be back outdoors again and I am so enjoying the summer weather. Not bugs yet either!! Avy it sounds like you have a good schedule there and I don't think eating a bit to much at times hurts , as long as its low carb, water weight will go away just as fast as it come. Better to eat more low carb then to eat off plan that's the killer for me to get back on. Misty sounds like its been a very busy time for you, come back and visit soon, hope things are going great in your life. Pat glad to hear the scale is sticking and sounds like you are enjoying your weekend and summer weather. Well we are off to take the boys for ice cream to finish off this prefect weekend, I wont be having one. I think that that first ice cream of summer I had was what derailed me so sticking to plan and going to watch the guys and dog enjoy theirs. After 8 days of induction I don't even have cravings and that's where I need to be.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Bucky I find that my knees hurt when doing yoga sometimes but that's from being on them, so I modify the parts that have me on my knees a lot. But mostly it never hurts and really helps. Its a great workout.
Closed Thread