Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Drop It Like It's Hot 2013 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/804990-drop-like-its-hot-2013-a.html)

FatFatnomore 05-29-2013 07:20 AM

Drop It Like It's Hot 2013

Ok ladies, it's late, but here it is!

We've all been losing momentum, so let's use this thread to get us back on track!

This challenge will run from 5/29-7/19. It's open to everyone and anyone. The more the merrier. You can be following any plan that you like, we're here to support each other no matter what!

I'm going to omit the weekly weigh in for this challenge as an experiment. It seems we always lose people right around weigh in days every week, so let's keep it informal. Weigh in daily if you want, weigh in weekly, weigh in when you feel like you're losing weight...or just weigh in at the end of the challenge. It's up to you.

Let's focus our goal instead on checking in daily, and reporting what we're eating. Staying on plan is the key!

My goal is to start exercising regularly again (at least 4 times a week) and to hit 159 by the end of the challenge.

How about you guys? State your goals and let's get back on plan!!! :shake::jumpjoy::hugs:

mcchimento 05-29-2013 07:52 AM

Jumping in with both feet.

We have a foreign exchange student from Spain coming to live with us starting the first week of August. I am trying to lose at least twenty pounds before he gets here so that we can take him around and not struggle because of my weight.

My goal is to be in a new decade: 229 lbs. by that time.
This is only 10 lbs. from my weight now so it is quite doable. :aprayer:

beachagain 05-29-2013 08:12 AM

:hiya: FF

oldafw 05-29-2013 04:05 PM

I am herererererererere.

Low Carb Librarian 05-29-2013 04:48 PM

I'm still here. Thanks for starting the new thread FF!
:hiya: hello to all the returning and new people.

I too would like to start exercising again... I fell way off that wagon and can't seem to get back up. I will do something at least 4 times a week for this challenge. (Sounds really positive, huh? Let's see if I can actually do it!)

I just want to start losing again. I feel like I am just stuck.
:(
I don't care if it is just .5 pound a week... Just something, please!

FatFatnomore 05-29-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcchimento (Post 16445159)
Jumping in with both feet.

We have a foreign exchange student from Spain coming to live with us starting the first week of August. I am trying to lose at least twenty pounds before he gets here so that we can take him around and not struggle because of my weight.

My goal is to be in a new decade: 229 lbs. by that time.
This is only 10 lbs. from my weight now so it is quite doable. :aprayer:

Welcome and congrats on your 10 pound loss already!! You can DEFINITELY lose another 10 by the end of this challenge!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachagain (Post 16445189)
:hiya: FF

Hi Beach! How are you feeling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldafw (Post 16446030)
I am herererererererere.

Hi Olda!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16446090)
I'm still here. Thanks for starting the new thread FF!
:hiya: hello to all the returning and new people.

I too would like to start exercising again... I fell way off that wagon and can't seem to get back up. I will do something at least 4 times a week for this challenge. (Sounds really positive, huh? Let's see if I can actually do it!)

I just want to start losing again. I feel like I am just stuck.
:(
I don't care if it is just .5 pound a week... Just something, please!

lol! We can definitely do at least 4 days a week LCL! We can do it! Even if it's just walking a mile a day. That's only 15-20 minutes out of our day. We can do it!

FatFatnomore 05-29-2013 05:16 PM

So, I'm going away again tomorrow...just for a day...but it will again include a night out and since I'll be without my little one for the first time in FOREVER...I'm actually going to have a cocktail. It will be worth it.

I'll be back Friday night though, and then after that it's strict low carb for me all summer. Well, until August at least. I have nothing planned until August and I plan to do some very strict dieting and losing lots of weight before then.

LoCarbingMe 05-29-2013 05:25 PM

Hey all! This is perfect for me as I start my vacation 7/19. I do plan on staying on plan for my vacation but would like to buy some new cute clothes in a different size if I can.

I started low carb on 5/18 (this time) and as of today have lost 11.4 pounds. My goal is to be down another 25 pounds by 7/18 if I can. That will be about 3-4 pounds a week. If I don't make it, I don't make it but I'd love to shoot for that!

So about me...I'm single with no kids. I have a pretty stressful job, but I love it ;) I live on the beach but seldom make my way down to it :(

FatFatnomore 05-29-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbingMe (Post 16446132)
Hey all! This is perfect for me as I start my vacation 7/19. I do plan on staying on plan for my vacation but would like to buy some new cute clothes in a different size if I can.

I started low carb on 5/18 (this time) and as of today have lost 11.4 pounds. My goal is to be down another 25 pounds by 7/18 if I can. That will be about 3-4 pounds a week. If I don't make it, I don't make it but I'd love to shoot for that!

So about me...I'm single with no kids. I have a pretty stressful job, but I love it ;) I live on the beach but seldom make my way down to it :(

:welcome: LoCarbingMe! 11.4 pounds since 5/18 is amazing!!! Good for you! Shopping for smaller clothes is the BEST goal in my opinion! You can do it!

oldafw 05-30-2013 02:31 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy to see everyone here! I am still not being good since vacation. Why are the first days so hard? My goal is to just get through today.

LoCarbingMe 05-30-2013 04:49 AM

Hey all :) I knew I drank a lot of water yesterday, but once I got it down in my journal, I realized that I had drank 140 oz of water!! Wow! Of course, I peed all night....that will teach me!

Thanks for the welcome! :) I have dinner with two friends tonight, but we're going to a steakhouse, so no problem at all staying on plan. I love those nights...

beachagain 05-30-2013 10:01 AM

doing alright, thanks FF

Trying to find a good solution to the 5-10 pound loss FOREVER...sick of fighting these last 5-10 :dunno:

I find eating more calories (quality calories) I lose or don't gain...no matter what I eat. Trying to make good habits like exercising and eating right stick :dunno:

:welcome: locarbing

:hugs: olda....having the same thing

Low Carb Librarian 05-30-2013 10:31 AM

Hey all!
Baked a cake this morning and didn't taste once!
:)
That is an accomplishment for me...

Olda: you and me both... Just trying to get through the day... One day at a time.

Have a great day... Welcome to all the new faces!

oldafw 05-31-2013 03:33 AM

ok..... this is it. Today is the day. (obviously yesterday didnt work too well for me)

hellsbelles 05-31-2013 10:20 AM

Marking my place you guys!!!! I'm not sure if I will weigh in once at the beginning and once at the end or once a week. I'll figure it out and let you know.

welcome to all the newbies :D!

beachagain 06-01-2013 08:00 AM

:high5::shake: me too Olda...me too:console::hugs:

:hiya: belle

FatFatnomore 06-01-2013 03:06 PM

me too, me too.

Tomorrow is my day! lol

beachagain 06-01-2013 08:22 PM

so....I think I am ready for a complete round...in fact, I know I am. We are going to Santa Catalina July 10...so a short round it is. At this point, I don't even care about the specifics...I just want to be lighter in July and I will worry about August later :dunno: I can get a decent round in and start P3 before we leave...I HAVE to be swim suit ready in July :aprayer:
Started loading today
Loading 152.5 :o

FatFatnomore 06-01-2013 09:09 PM

I wish I could do it with you Beach! I'm actually jealous of you doing a round right now! lol

But I don't have any hcg so I'd have to order some which probably wouldn't get here until mid week, and then I have a friend coming to visit in 19 days and I know we'll go out for dinner at least once or twice while she's here....so I'll just wait and load while she's here and then start my p2 right after she's gone.

I'll be rooting you on daily though Beach! You'll be swim suit ready by July 10th for sure!

And even though I won't be doing hcg with you, I WILL be low carb starting tomorrow so I'll be here all day every day to keep you company. No more cheat days for me. I can't afford any more cheat days!

oldafw 06-02-2013 03:00 AM

Good Luck Beach!!! I have been pretty good for 2 days. Not perfect but enough to be feeling better. I will be checking in every day whether anyone is here or not. It really helps me (although much more so when the rest of you are here!)

beachagain 06-02-2013 07:24 AM

Loading 152.5
ouch 153.3

goal today is LC high fat so I don't gain a ton again :aprayer:

I'll be here Olda :hiya:

FF...good luck and I hear ya...I had graduation parties and now things will be quiet again so I should be able to get through this cheat-free :aprayer:

LoCarbingMe 06-02-2013 07:45 AM

I'm still on plan! Woohoo :) I made sure I drank my water yesterday as weekends are usually my bad water days. I'm .6 pounds from losing 15 so far, so I'm hoping I'll see that tomorrow or Tuesday. You know I mentioned buying new cute clothes, but I realized that I have TONS of cute clothes that don't fit right now, so I'll just save my money for vacation things and see if I can get back into those clothes.

I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner today. Do I make meatloaf that I LOVE or try out Linda Sue's Coney Island Chili Dog Pie? Has anyone had that?

BTW: what is a "round" that you are talking about?

mcchimento 06-02-2013 08:13 AM

Checking in finally

Still playing catch up from my indiscretion on Thursday night with a pint of ice cream. Still don't understand why I did it. I didn't even like it. Eating very low carb yesterday and today - only meat and eggs with fat. Won't do this again. It is taking 3 days to lose that water weight but mostly 3 days to start ketosis all over again.

Low Carb Librarian 06-02-2013 09:54 AM

Hey all... Here but not here. Not sure which way to go these days. It is easy for me to sway one way or the other several times a day.

Going to a church picnic today... Trying to be good in one way or the other ( low cal? Low carb? Just no added sugar?). I don't know...

Amity228 06-02-2013 01:20 PM

Hey gang I'm here and following along. Not going to focus on weight just exercise and eating within a certain calorie range. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

FatFatnomore 06-02-2013 05:23 PM

Evening all!

Today was a so-so day. I wasn't completely low carb, but I did better.

I made "pasta noodles" out of zuchinni today and it was FANTASTIC! I'll never eat real pasta again.

beachagain 06-02-2013 06:23 PM

not at all low carb...feel yucky :sick: I hate loading:sad:

Low Carb Librarian 06-02-2013 11:11 PM

At a real tipping point tonight and I don't know what I am going to do...
Feel fatter than ever even while being very good. Totally gave up today out of depression over my huge belly. I always lost from my belly first in the past so it made me want to keep going. Feel so tired and haggard. I have bags under my eyes that will not go away.

I am just sick of it all.

oldafw 06-03-2013 03:01 AM

Hang in there LC. Lets just get through today. Its the only way.

I was doing great yesterday until my husband brought me a KING size snickers bar. I just ate it... like if he brings it to me, I have to. So stupid. I was still 147.5 this morning. Guess I am doing only well enough to maintain. I have a full week of work and am hoping for 145 by Friday. That would still leave me 15 pounds to lose by July 19th or so.

beachagain 06-03-2013 04:57 AM

Loading 152.5
ouch - 153.3
VLCD1 -154.3

I can work with that. :dunno: Let's just hope it falls off fast :aprayer:

I have an awful headache today. :stars: But feeling ready :up:

:console: LCL I honestly do know how you feel :sad: Change you thoughts quick...love yourself, lumps, bumps and marvel at what your body has done for you...seriously. :high5: :hugs: Change your thoughts, change yourself :dunno:

:hugs: Olda...you'll make it