Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
So I dont think I can handle a daily weigh in but I am going to count down the days til my vacation week/reunion weekend. Its 45 days as of today. I can do anything for 45 days. Right?

Beach, hope the headache clears quick. and Good Luck on VLCD1!!!!!

LC..... After the year I had, I learned to love my body... just because it functioned, wasnt going to kill me and was healing itself. Its not an easy task but listen to Beach.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006

Anything can happen Olda...Rumor has it, the world was created in 7 so think of the stuff you can accomplish in 45 days, right?

I have a beach vacation AND my 30 year reunion this summer...I HAVE to work on this...so we should stay strong together
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
Hey all!!! I was out of town for the weekend at a wedding. I was thinking of doing something that I heard about. It's called the Fast Diet by Michael Mosely. It's fasting 2 days a week (any two days that aren't back to back) and then eating normally the other days. I've done some research and it looks like something I can do. When you maintain you do it one day a week. I can do anything for one or two days. FF - I remember when you did IF and it's similar to that. I've read a lot about it but didn't know if any of you had heard good/bad things.... I'm going to try it this week and will let you know how it goes. My plan is to eat healthy fruits, veggies, and fish on my off days. I'm doing the shakes today and Thursday for my two 500 cal days.
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Ok, count me in Belle! I'll do it with you until I start my next hcg round. Maybe it will help me to finally stop cheating! lol
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

you-know-who chica talks about this FF

She does it from lunch to luch or breakfast to breakfast so she doesn't feel completely deprived...that's how I would have to do it....just thought I'd throw that out there
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I do remember her talking about fasting a few days a week Beach! I didn't realize it was this program. That actually sounds brilliant the way she does it. I could totally do that.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

not sure if it's the exact guy...but they are all the same principle...we eat too much...this decreases our calories we consume...but she came up with the lunch to lunch fast.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I am thankful for my body, but I want it too work and look better as we all do ( or this site would have zero visitors ).
I just have so much going on in my life that is bad that I would like to have one good thing going for me (good health and fitness).
Everything that has worked for me in the past is not working anymore. When I go off and try new ways I just end up gaining more weight.

Too depressed to type about it anymore
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry LC...Lord, I know how you feel...I really, really do. When I did Atkins the first time, I lost all my weight and kept it off. Was I happy? Nope...I wanted more. But when I turned 40...I balooned up...and up...and up...and UP and no matter what I did, I'd lose 2-5 pounds and gain it back (with interest) I did hcg...lost 15 pounds but still need (and I mean NEED) 5-10 pounds to be considered even a healthy weight. So I do round after round of hcg and lose, gain, lose, gain, lose gain...I have been at the same 10 pounds for 2 plus years! What in the hell am I thankful for? I never gained back the 15...that's it. But I have to lose the last 10

Mine isn't vanity weight....it really isn't. I am considered overweight and I am...I don't fit in my clothes, I have WAYYYY too much belly fat. I am very active but I slack off in the exercise department. I either eat well and don't exercise, or I exercise and eat like crap I can't seem to do them both at the same time. I have been on EVERY fad diet and tried to eat EXACTLY like this or that expert swears by and I will lose...juice fast, vegan...you name it and I lose not ONE pound! I understand...I do, and I have felt as blue and sad as you about it. I hate myself, I get angry at myself, I get pissed about the amount of stress in my life and I can't seem to get past it. idk...just know that we care and know I do understand...and I'm with you...hate the fight...hate being fat

My biggest obstacle...myself. My family of origin is incredibly dysfunctional and weight is part of the verbal and emotional abuse I have gotten in my life. My expectaion is if I am fat...I am the loser my dad and sister say I am, so I have an unhealthy relationship with me in my own body...the self talk in my head is awful. I really didn't mean to make light of your earlier post...I was just saying "love yourself" like my therapist is trying to make me do for myself

Goal: Maintenance

Last edited by beachagain; 06-03-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
sorry LC...Lord, I know how you feel...I really, really do. When I did Atkins the first time, I lost all my weight and kept it off. Was I happy? Nope...I wanted more. But when I turned 40...I balooned up...and up...and up...and UP and no matter what I did, I'd lose 2-5 pounds and gain it back (with interest) I did hcg...lost 15 pounds but still need (and I mean NEED) 5-10 pounds to be considered even a healthy weight. So I do round after round of hcg and lose, gain, lose, gain, lose gain...I have been at the same 10 pounds for 2 plus years! What in the hell am I thankful for? I never gained back the 15...that's it. But I have to lose the last 10

Mine isn't vanity weight....it really isn't. I am considered overweight and I am...I don't fit in my clothes, I have WAYYYY too much belly fat. I am very active but I slack off in the exercise department. I either eat well and don't exercise, or I exercise and eat like crap I can't seem to do them both at the same time. I have been on EVERY fad diet and tried to eat EXACTLY like this or that expert swears by and I will lose...juice fast, vegan...you name it and I lose not ONE pound! I understand...I do, and I have felt as blue and sad as you about it. I hate myself, I get angry at myself, I get pissed about the amount of stress in my life and I can't seem to get past it. idk...just know that we care and know I do understand...and I'm with you...hate the fight...hate being fat

My biggest obstacle...myself. My family of origin is incredibly dysfunctional and weight is part of the verbal and emotional abuse I have gotten in my life. My expectaion is if I am fat...I am the loser my dad and sister say I am, so I have an unhealthy relationship with me in my own body...the self talk in my head is awful. I really didn't mean to make light of your earlier post...I was just saying "love yourself" like my therapist is trying to make me do for myself
Thanks Beach
Old 06-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

She said it much better than me. I meant the same thing. It was NOT easy for me and I just wish it for everyone.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all. I am just going through a lot right now and I wish I didn't have to worry about my weight. I am up at 3 am sad and worrying about my kids and how little time I am able to spend with them. I want to go in and cuddle with them ... But I would definately break their little beds!
We are falling apart here and I have to be strong and keep doing my thing to try to keep everything together. But I fear that I am just not strong enough.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

One day at a time I suppose. Sometimes its all we can do.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Loading 152.5
ouch - 153.3
VLCD1 -154.3
VLCD2 -152.6

I can live with this too
Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

LC...I'm not sure exactly what you are going through other than the weight thing but hugs to you.
One thing you said was about your kids growing up...
I had a moment in time where they were growing up and I was worried I missed too much and wanted it all back. (especially since I went to school while they were small) I took a breath and kept going, kept spending time with them...now at age (almost 20) and 16...they still need me and still are with me...our job is never done as mommy's...EVER

I hope things start calming down in your world and things start looking up
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Did I mention Happy Ketosis to me?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

to Olda

I suppose...happy starving day 2 to me

BUTTTTT......if I can get to the low 140s...I'm cool less is better

We leave on the 10th and it is going to be all beachy and fun in the sun....I would like to be as low as I can get...I might suck it up for as long as I can

Last edited by beachagain; 06-04-2013 at 06:22 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
LC - I struggle with the same things. Up, down, up, down, UP, DOWN. It's terrible. I hate it. I finally, and I mean finally, got the exercise down this year but have yet to do anything about my weight. It's a constant battle and I get so sick of it....

I did my first day of 500 cals yesterday and it went really, really well. I wasn't that hungry because I drank water all day long. Literally. I do my next day (with FF) Thursday. I won't always do Mon/Thurs but that is what worked for me this week. We'll see how it goes by the end of the week. I would like to be at 190 when I go to the beach the second week of July. Crossing my fingers!!!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

yay Belle...me too! I need to be swimming suit ready July 10

I honestly don't know if 140 will be there but I have a feeling it's as far as I'll get
Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Jumped on the scale this morning and was at 146. 43 days left and 16 pounds to lose. One day at a time.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Loading 152.5
ouch - 153.3
VLCD1 -154.3
VLCD2 -152.6
VLCD3 - 154.3

had a big giant oops...calling it a reload
sigh...I was just so hungry
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twoods1223
Stats: 180/177/150
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: June 2013
HI!!!! I'm not sure if any of you remember me, I tried logging on as my old screen name, twoods, but I can't...so I created a new one. anyhow, I'm a little late, but I'm motivated!!! I need to read all the posts so I know what's going on with everyone.
A little background, I was in the Air Force for 9 years, and I got out in 2008, over my weight. It was a very low time in my life. I met someone that was SOOO great for me! I fell in love and we got married Jan 2011. I got pregnant almost immediately, like we prayed for. I had a baby boy in Dec 2011. My weight settled around 180. I'm not really sure where I begin at my weight loss.
My mom has been really sick and declining in health for a couple years. She is addicted to sugar and cigarettes and everything bad and nothing good. So I tried talking and stuff but nothing got through. Then one day two weeks ago she was very sick and it hit me like a ton of bricks, that if I did not change, than I would be that same out of shape, super diabetic lazy ass. sorry if that was harsh, but it hurt me too.
I had already quit smoking a month before that. I decided no more soda. I haven't had any since. I'm highly addicted to sugar, caffiene, coffee, soda, etc. I still drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the am, with the same amount of sugar and creamer as before but that will change this week. I'm weaning myself off of it.

Now, I still breastfeed, so I'm not going totally off carbs. Not right now. I'm going to wean off of it though. Very soon. I did cut out all fast food, chocolate, snacks, etc etc. All the bad stuff is gone. I do still eat oatmeal and potatoes sometimes. no fried food, no pasta, no breaded foods.

sorry if this is rambling and jumbled. My 10 year old and the 18 month old is annoying each other.. lol.

Hopefully, you all will accept me even if I'm not totally low carbs?
twoods1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twoods1223
Stats: 180/177/150
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: June 2013
oh yes, I've been walking several times a week for 1-3 miles at a time. I don't know what else I can do because my life is so busy. I work all week, have extra kids on the weekends, and plus I have an 18 month old boy. I'm SUPER busy!!
twoods1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

yes I do, Twoods

not many of us left...FF, Amity, Belle, Jeep (sometimes), Riot (sometimes)....of course there is FB so...
Olda has been here for a few years and Kitty (She is MIA currently), and LCL also has been with us for a while...missing Snickerdoodle and the others

again...welcome back...how are the little ones?

oh,,,and any plan here....I'm currently using hcg

Last edited by beachagain; 06-05-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Twoods!!!! So glad you're back!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning All!

So, I totally forgot I was supposed to be fasting yesterday. oops! That's what happens when you have too many cheat days back to back...you forget you're supposed to be on a diet in the morning and you eat and then the rest of the day is immediately derailed. lol

I woke up this morning with renewed determination though. I know the first few days are always the hardest because the hunger and cravings are still there, so I made bacon and eggs for breakfast to calm the monster before it could make me eat something I shouldn't.

I'm focusing on staying low carb today and not worrying about the calories, and then tomorrow I'll stick to the 500 calories with Belle, like I'm supposed to. I guess I'll do another "fasting" day on Saturday to make up for yesterday.

I also ordered more hcg so that I can start my new round in a few weeks. I can't wait. I feel fat and gross.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amity228
Stats: 252/223/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/08/07-SBD
Hey still here hanging on and exercising. Writing down all my food/exercise and logging it in to the Lose It app on my phone. My calories have me at losing a half pound to a pound a week.

Guess I am not worried about weight but just maintaining healthy habits. Well maybe worry if I am gaining weight. LOL

LCL- I hope things get better for you.

Olda/Beach good job on the losses!

Hi Belle/FF/Twoods!!
Amity228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I also think I'm going to hit the gym again today. I really need to get my 4 days of exercise in on a weekly basis and it's never going to happen if I don't start!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I cannot have candy... You would think I would have figured this out already!

Yesterday I ate one piece of chocolate ( Hershey nugget) and all I could think a out was getting another one all day. I gave in to two more but forced myself to stop at that.

Going to avoid them today.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

yeah...one lil cheat became a full on gorge I piss myself off sometimes