Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
and thanks for the info beach!!!!
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
what are you eating Belle?

congrats on the 5.7 pound drop

...and you are welcome...I like the plan and it is working
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
Morning All!

Beach, don't beat yourself up. You're doing great. Maybe you're not losing as quickly as you'd like, but you're not gaining, and to me that's a huge accomplishment.

I was having insane PMS cravings last week, so I decided to go with a full fast for 4 days to make them go away. The first two days were difficult and then it was easy. Yesterday my head was a little bit like mush, lol, but it was totally worth it. My junk food cravings are gone. Even the thought of eating crap right now makes me nauseous. I'm really craving fruit. Watermelon, cherries, watermelon again.....But I'm still on hcg so I can't do that yet. I think I have about 2 weeks left of hcg in this bottle.I was going to do a long round and open the second bottle after this one, but now I think I'm just going to finish this bottle and stick to fruit and veggies for a while since I'm really craving them, and then do another round in October maybe. Right before the holidays.

So for the next few weeks I will stick to hcg, but I'm going rogue a bit. I really like my fasting days because they keep my appetite under control. I was barely even hungry to eat this morning, and that was after 4 days of no food. So I'm going to fast every other day, and up my calories on my non fasting days. Maybe to like 800-1000 calories. I think it will even out, based on the fact that every other day my calories will be zero...well, except for my coffee.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Belle, GREAT job on losing 5.7 pounds already! Yay!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

FF....I know how you feel...I wish I could get all my food craving/addictions under control...it's what kills me
I think his plan will help me (bumps and all) because he makes a menu that is filling, tasty and satisfying in all ways...and you CAN have that piece of cake or whatever cheat and you will survive it as long as you don't go crazy...I need that in my life
I am a salty/crunchy person that likes sweets sometimes and being off salt for this jumpstart is crazy...then when you cheat on SALT...salty chips, you about die on how horrible it is so these are the things I need to get in my head. Sweets...I actually AM finding out that sweets from fruit is enough...BUT...old fashoined oats without ANY sweetener is rough at first...I won't lie

Goal: Maintenance
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Plus...after eating all the veggies...you are not hungry at all...I am really struggling to eat everything and I found I like things I never knew or even thought I would..like...Spaghetti Squash...love it
cooking my greens in sauces...love it....
egg whites...love them...
kale salad...not bad at all
Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

I LOVE spaghetti squash! I would pick that over pasta any day of the week. Actually, pasta is the one thing I can EASILY say no to. I guess all these years of avoiding it on LC finally paid off. I don't have a problem saying no to pasta and potatoes.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

me either....the trip to Cali was rough because I didn't have a lot of veggie options at first...potatoes I had french fries twice and didn't eat them the 2nd time
pasta...not a fan but I love the sauce...so now I love spaghetti squash
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
Congrats Belle! that is a huge amount of weight!

You sound like you are comfortable with the program Beach, thats a huge thing to find.

FF, Good job sticking with you HCG!!! 2 weeks will go by in a heart beat.

Taking my friend and her 5 year old to the airport today and seriously cant wait to go back to my quiet little life and my routine. I think I will start my round tomorrow with a half week since I just cant wait to feel in control again.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

I know how you feel Olda...I was like that on vacation

Down to 148.5 today...I'm stoked...and shocked

Last edited by beachagain; 07-30-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks you guys - I am happy about it. I would have liked for it to be 5.7 in one week but I know it's probably better for it to be over 2 weeks. I really made my goals small because I want to accomplish them and I haven't been doing so great about that the last year or so lol!

olda - what are you doing when you start back up again tomorrow?

beach - you are doing really awesome!!!!! can't wait to see what you get down to when you finish!

FF - what do you have on your fasting days? just water or broth? the juice fast really helped me get my snacking and craving under control so I know what you mean. I bet your losses are going to be so big when you finally weigh in at the end. Have you been tempted to get on the scale at all? You know I'm a prisoner to the scale. I hate it.

I've never had spaghetti squash before. I think I would mess up trying to make it but it sounds so good!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

I am not a prisoner to the scale. I hate it. lol I hate how it can totally ruin my day if I go up on the scale. The only time I like it is usually the first week of hcg...then when the scale starts slowing down, I hate it again. lol I'm not planning to see a huge loss when I finally weigh. I think this round is just going to be relosing the same weight I lost last time.

On my fasting days I only have coffee and water.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
I know how you feel Olda...I was like that on vacation

Down to 148.5 today...I'm stoked...and shocked

Yay!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bazmom
I'm back!!! I couldn't find the group for a while and I was so sad about that! So nice to see some familiar names again. Man I hope this time I'm able to stick with it. So sick and tired of the low carb/high carb roller coaster I seem to go through every year!

Anyhow, today is my first day back on track. Had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Planning to have a big ole salad for lunch - possibly a taco salad. I'm obsessed with taco salads! I swear I could eat them 5 times a week and not get sick of them!

Forgive me for not reading back through all of the threads...when is weigh in day? I forgot to weigh in this morning, but yesterday I was at 195. Can't wait to see that number heading down again....My fat clothes are all tight!

My Goal.....To actually get below 151 for the first time in over 13 years!
Bazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

great to have you back baz!!!!!

FF - I'm the same way. I guess that's why I feel like a prisoner to the scale. It's like I can't go a day without weighing when I'm trying to lose weight. When I'm off plan I am like an ostrich - I stick my head in the ground and pretend the scale doesn't exist. I keep hoping that when I get to goal weight that I can just weigh once a week but I don't know if I will be able to not weigh every day. Anyway, just hate that feeling...
Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

everyday is weigh in day, Baz
but seriously... back Baz
We are not weighing in...just supporting each other. We each are doing our own thing and FF and I have sometimes weighed in and posted...currently I post a weight and a status every day...Olda was and will probably start again since she is starting her plan again. FF is trying not to weigh in until she ends her round so she gets a nice surprise.
(oh...sorry about finding us. FF started one of the groups in chaleenges and we just stayed here )

I was still at 148.5 today...I need to keep pushing and make sure I get my workouts but it is so hard to cook and workout and get ready for work...and work 10 hour shifts...I can usually get the walk but it sometimes is harf to get the "moves" in
Old 08-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Nice going Beach!!
Welcome Back Baz!
I will be starting weekly weigh ins as of Monday the 5th. Spending the next few days shopping and prepping for another round of 28 days (Haylies program) to hopefully be close to goal. I think I need to start running as of today.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

So I need another whoosh like I needed this time last week!!!! I'm still the same since Monday and I really, really need to lose my goal of 2.5 each week to get to where I need to be by mid October. So... here's hoping for a whoosh tonight !!!!

olda - I may weigh in with you then. I like weighing in when I'm on plan lol! My weigh in day is Monday in my head anyway. I know I weigh everyday but I go Monday to Monday already...

beach - great job!!! I know it's a struggle to get all of that done for sure!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back Baz!

Beach, you're doing great!

Olda, I can't wait to see how this second round goes for you! I'm excited for you to hit the 120's!

Belle, it's soooo awesome to see you checking in everyday. Your whoosh will come.

As for me, TOM just showed up today and I didn't experience any of my usual PMS bloating or out of control cravings. I think the fasting is really helping in that area. Today is a fasting day.

I stopped taking my hcg drops a few days ago. My head just wasn't in this round. I wanted fruit and vegetables. *shrug* I just really don't feel like that's a bad thing to crave fruits and vegetables, so I decided to go with it. I had watermelon for most of my meals yesterday. And I bought mushrooms and onions and green peppers to stir fry tomorrow, and a nice big head of broccoli to have on Sunday. I honestly feel like I'd lose the same amount on hcg as I will doing this every other day fasting thing and sticking to fruits and veggies on my non fasting days. We'll see. I felt great yesterday with my watermelon.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bazmom
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I sooooooo wanted to have a big ole sugar bingefest today, but I resisted....decided not to eat my salad with dinner so if I get hungry later (which, who am I kidding, I probably WILL) I can make up a big ole salad.

Headed out to the store to get paint for a big project this weekend. Hubby is away at a softball tournament till late Saturday night, and one of my daughters wants to move to the finished basement so my girls can each have their own room. We have a TON of cleaning and moving furniture, and painting to get done. We want to have it done to surprise hubby when he gets home. I just hope we can find room for everything down there!!! The girls will be so happy if we can get this done for them!

Hope all is well for everyone else!
Bazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatFatnomore View Post
Welcome back Baz!

Beach, you're doing great!

Olda, I can't wait to see how this second round goes for you! I'm excited for you to hit the 120's!

Belle, it's soooo awesome to see you checking in everyday. Your whoosh will come.

As for me, TOM just showed up today and I didn't experience any of my usual PMS bloating or out of control cravings. I think the fasting is really helping in that area. Today is a fasting day.

I stopped taking my hcg drops a few days ago. My head just wasn't in this round. I wanted fruit and vegetables. *shrug* I just really don't feel like that's a bad thing to crave fruits and vegetables, so I decided to go with it. I had watermelon for most of my meals yesterday. And I bought mushrooms and onions and green peppers to stir fry tomorrow, and a nice big head of broccoli to have on Sunday. I honestly feel like I'd lose the same amount on hcg as I will doing this every other day fasting thing and sticking to fruits and veggies on my non fasting days. We'll see. I felt great yesterday with my watermelon.
I feel ya...and I just wasn't losing. Maybe you should try what I'm doing you get to eat...and it's really pretty easy AND if you 'cheat' it doesn't seem to really make a huge difference. It makes so much sense and the only thing you have to do is follow the "skinny rules"
the big ones are:
eat loads of vegies, some fruit early, complex carbs in the morning only...fruit for breakfast and lunch only, walk leisurely 30-45 min before you eat breakfast, take 1,000iu fish oil with every meal, NO sugar or artificial sweeteners at all, NO SALT, coffee or tea with breakfast and lunch but no dairy or sweeteners, very little fats and only olive oil and avocado's, protein with every meal but only lean and 4oz and circuit training type stuff for 20ish min. 5 days, and 16 oz of zero cal sports drink...16 oz water when you wake up and before each meal and snack...I cannot get snacks down and struggle with dinner
Breakfast is something like...
5 egg whites, quinoa (1/3 cup) with 3/4 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of almond milk, fish oil and water
lunch: 4 cups of salad greens, 4oz chicken and a cup of grilled vegies and 1/2 to a whole apple, fish oil, iced tea and water
Dinner: 1 cup of spaghetti squash with Bobs marinara sauce, 4 oz ground turkey, fish oil, water, and 4 cups of mixed greens (you have to use his homemade dressings and they are really good)
Snacks are all you can eat veggies.

with coffee, he allows a little bit of raw sugar if you must, he likes the use of avocados in your meals (I don't) oh, plain greek yogurt is good also and oatmeal and Ezekiel bread, anything salt free....he says we get WAY too much salt and I agree now...his favorite fruits are apples and berries but he also does mango, pineapple, melons etc..."Jump Start to Skinny" is the book I am following and then you are supposed to use his skinny rules. I checked them out from the library but it is working so I am going to buy it. He plans your menus and has every meal with recipes in there and if you don't like one breakfast, lunch or dinner...you can swap it out AND you can swap any lunch and dinner for each other but use only breakfasts for breakfast if that makes sense

Last edited by beachagain; 08-01-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a doable plan Beach. I like when its a well rounded program. I had my first real eating binge in a month and I swear its because my body isnt satisfied by eating a bit of everything. I dont miss putting on 5 pounds after a bad day. (Although I wont get on the scale today) Monday better come soon!

Baz, having a project on the weekend is key to me. Keeps me busy and not eating or obsessing about eating.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Morning - what does everyone have planned this weekend? I'm doing the tax free shopping thing. I think it's the last year - at least in NC. Do you guys think I should be losing more than 2.5 per week on low carb? Maybe the losses aren't as good because years of dieting has messed me up? What are your thoughts? I haven't done true low carb in so long (and stuck to it) that I forgot what losses should be...

FF - yeah I'm really trying to check in everyday! Was down 1.1 this am. Still need to lose 1.4 by Monday though. Sigh. I shouldn't have wasted most of the summer not doing well then I wouldn't box myself into a 2.5 pound a week corner huh?!?!?! I agree with you about the same results as hcg. Honestly, you are eating really great stuff and it must feel awesome to be eating so clean and healthy.

beach - that is a lot of great food! I can see what you mean about the meal planning but it is really, really healthy eating and sooooo good for you! Glad you're doing this and can report the results to me.

baz - congrats on resisting!!!!!! it's so hard to do that sometimes.

olda - at least you're back on today. we all have those. get right back to it
Old 08-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

wedding today...made good choices for food...but I drank

hoping I didn't set myself back too much
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Monday cant come soon enough. Wine, potato chips, fried clams strips on the ocean... a few beers lol Get me through today!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafw View Post
Monday cant come soon enough. Wine, potato chips, fried clams strips on the ocean... a few beers lol Get me through today!!!
I know...doing well today...the wedding set me back a pound and a lot of sleep
Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone! Day One 139.5. Up 3 pounds since my lowest. Hope to have those off quick.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!!! Monday is my weigh in day for myself. I was up 3 ounces from yesterday so I'm counting yesterday's lol!! Just cause it makes me feel better and I want to ! So I'm down 8.4 in three weeks! Yay! And I haven't had one.single.cheat since I started. This is likely the longest I have gone 100% on plan since I lost all that weight 4 years ago. I think I'm finally in the zone this time!

olda - I'm sure it will come off quick!!!

beach - glad you're back to it. I hope you had fun at the wedding. And one pound doesn't sound like too much damage at least
Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

Belle, I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I remember how much I admired you when you were in the zone 4 years ago. You wouldn't cheat for ANYTHING. And the weight just came off for you so steady. I'm so glad you are back there again!

Beach, I'm sure your little slip up was fine. At least it was only alcohol and not chocolate!

Olda, good luck I know your weight will come right off this week!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

yay belle awesome drops and awesome job

I was bloated yesterday like crazy but ate very well and flushed it all out with water. I'm down to the high 147's today from the high 149s yesterday, so it worked. Eating clean today so far. I like eating "NORMAL" and losing...I am now offically lower than I was the last two rounds of hcg eating a ton, eating carbs...and enjoying what I eat and not starving
who knew?

jump back on Olda...you have this

How are you doing FF?

BAZZZZZZZZZ...COME BACKKKKKKKKK