Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
I do 1/4 of egg whites and one whole egg or 4egg whites one whole I believe

I was freaked the entire time we were gone about my weight (no scale) and then KNOWING my diet sucked the whole time just made me crazy! I was happy to find I was only up 3 pounds and have dropped another pound and a half...I'm just eating fruits and veggies...flushing with a ton of water and NO ALCOHOL
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: FatFatnomore
Stats: Fat/Less Fat
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 26, 2007
You did awesome Beach. Only 3 pounds on vacation is amazing!

Ok, that sounds perfect. I like to eat them boiled so that's actually a lot of eggs and should fill me up nicely!

Yay!

Can't wait to be thinner again. I HATE feeling like this.
FatFatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hellsbelles
Stats: 228/178/140
WOE: LC <20 (mostly Atkins)
Start Date: 12/4/07
have a great vacay olda!!

3 pounds is incredible beach!!!!

FF - glad p2 is going well so far

I'm still on plan and feeling great!!! Day 4 and going strong...
hellsbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay Belle! Great job on getting right back on plan! It only took me like 2 months. hahahaha

Just had my eggs for lunch and I'm fully satisfied. Hope the rest of this round is this easy.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

now we are rolling

I lied FF...Bob wrote a book called the Skinny Rules...but I am reading/doing his book "Jump start to Skinny" a 3 week program to jump start and get he weight off quick for special occasions....since I have that reunion in 3 weeks and 2 days...it had better work!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds to me like your head is in a great place, Beach. And usually when that happens, your losses are awesome. So I have high hopes that you will lose lots of weight in the next 3 weeks!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope my head is in the right place...I was all ready trying to back out last night...postponing for idk what? sigh
Si I started and stopped procrastinating and feel better about that decision. Honestly, the 3 week jump start is Low Carb after breakfast and Low cal low fat in general...tons of veggies and some fruit so it is doable and satisfying so far. I did a quick read of Pomroy's program and decided it's too complicated at this moment and I don't have 4 weeks so I will do it later and pray this one works. I do really want to fix my metabolism though

Goal: Maintenance
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

how are you doing FF?

I failed the first day The cooking for his plan is ridiculous...but I am still trying. A lot of food....but a lot of cooking...by dinner I gave up and juiced...sigh
Yesterday, I barely ate...I just wasn't hungry...today, I am trying again. I was rewaded with a 1.5 pound drop so I am finally in the 140s again...um...the 149s...but at least I'm there again
Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing really well Beach! I feel my stomach going down a little more every morning, and I finally have my eating under control! I really love the simplicity of doing eggs as my meals too.

Congrats on getting back to he 140's!!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Went running today for the first time since starting p2 and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had plenty of energy to run, the hardest part was just getting out of bed when my alarm clock went off.

I did get hungry right afterwards, so I had my first meal at about 10. Usually I try to hold off until at least 2pm. Oh well. Hopefully I won't get hungry again until dinner time.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Morning !!

FF - so glad to see that p2 is going well!!! I wish I liked running. I just feel so fat every time I try to do it. I'm so excited that you are able to do it while in p2.

beach - I know you'll drop some serious weight before your reunion. FF is right - when you are in the zone it seems to come easy for you !

So I'm still doing well and eating on plan. This makes day 8 for me. That's a long time considering it's been monthssss since I've done low carb. Most of the reason for that is because it's extremely hard to do low carb when I'm not eating meat. And I'm still not eating meat (except for fish and eggs) so it can be chalenging but I'm working it out. I'm still doing the other plan I was doing in June also. I have two 500 cal days and then eat without counting calories the other 5 days. I'm doing low carb in conjunction with that in hopes that I have better losses. My goal is 2.5-3 pounds per week. Last week I lost 2.8 pounds so I was happy with that. I still think that my metabolism is kind of messed up due to all the dieting I've done over the years so I'm happy with 2.8. I'm still working out 3-4 days per week also.

Beach and FF - you guys still aren't eating meat right?

Have you guys ever heard of the It Works wraps and supplements? My best friend has tried the wraps and swears by them. I ordered some to judge for myself. You wrap different parts of your body with them and you're supposed to lose inches. I'll let you know how it goes. Mine should come this week. I'll post you guys the results. My husband has a sales meeting Oct 16th and it's for the employees and spouses. It's always a really good time so I wanted to do some of the wraps in addition to losing weight. I plan to wrap my stomach, arms, legs, and neck. You can only wrap one body part at a time and have to wait 72 hours in between wrapping so it will take me a while lol!
Starting Weight (7/30/08): 163.8
Starting Weight (9/11/08): 160.8
Starting Weight (12/1/09): 183
Starting Weight (10/20/10): 175.9
Starting Weight (01/01/12): 203.7
Starting Weight (7/15/13): 209.2
Current: 179.2 Goal: 150
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbelles View Post
Morning !!

FF - so glad to see that p2 is going well!!! I wish I liked running. I just feel so fat every time I try to do it. I'm so excited that you are able to do it while in p2.

beach - I know you'll drop some serious weight before your reunion. FF is right - when you are in the zone it seems to come easy for you !

So I'm still doing well and eating on plan. This makes day 8 for me. That's a long time considering it's been monthssss since I've done low carb. Most of the reason for that is because it's extremely hard to do low carb when I'm not eating meat. And I'm still not eating meat (except for fish and eggs) so it can be chalenging but I'm working it out. I'm still doing the other plan I was doing in June also. I have two 500 cal days and then eat without counting calories the other 5 days. I'm doing low carb in conjunction with that in hopes that I have better losses. My goal is 2.5-3 pounds per week. Last week I lost 2.8 pounds so I was happy with that. I still think that my metabolism is kind of messed up due to all the dieting I've done over the years so I'm happy with 2.8. I'm still working out 3-4 days per week also.

Beach and FF - you guys still aren't eating meat right?

Have you guys ever heard of the It Works wraps and supplements? My best friend has tried the wraps and swears by them. I ordered some to judge for myself. You wrap different parts of your body with them and you're supposed to lose inches. I'll let you know how it goes. Mine should come this week. I'll post you guys the results. My husband has a sales meeting Oct 16th and it's for the employees and spouses. It's always a really good time so I wanted to do some of the wraps in addition to losing weight. I plan to wrap my stomach, arms, legs, and neck. You can only wrap one body part at a time and have to wait 72 hours in between wrapping so it will take me a while lol!
Oh Belle I totally want to know if those wraps work! I need one for my belly. Big time.

Last edited by FatFatnomore; 07-22-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Morning - I will def let you know how they work FF!!! I should get them by the end of this week and will try my first one over the weekend !!! I'm excited
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

hey all

doing the Jump Start to Skinny and I am amazed! down another pound
Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Oh man - that's great beach!!!!! I want to know more ! Gonna google...
Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Ok so I see the book but can't find just simple info on it. Have you already posted about it beach or can you post a little about what it is?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Belle
It is like his skinny rules but there is protein but on the skinny rules, you can do vegetarian protein....this one, no. It is a jump start for trying to drop weight quick for special occasions so I have been eating chicken 4oz for lunch and dinner and eggs for breakfast. An insane amount of veggies and some fruit. The thing is, is he has all the meals planned and all the specific recipes....you can mix and match for what you like and what you don't (Lots of food and LOTS of cooking ) but you HAVE to eat one of the breakfast's and lunch and dinner can be mixed to what you like. You wake up, drink 16oz of water and you can have black coffee or espresso and if you must you can have a little pure RAW sugar, then you have to walk 45 minutes in the morning (not a brisk walk...just a walk) and then have SF powerade or whatever) then drink 16oz of water before your breakfast which is the only time you get grains in the day (none after breakfast) and take a fish oil, have coffee or tea. Snacks are whatever veggies you want, before lunch 16oz water, then tea or coffee and fish oil with your meal.
You have to walk 45 min 5x per week and have to do his weight moves 5x per week. NO SALT, NO DAIRY, NO ALCOHOL, NO FRUIT the 3rd week. People are losing 10 - 20 pounds in 3 weeks!

I checked the book out from the library...it is a quick read...like in one day and all the exercises and recipes AND meal plans are in it along with all the rules. After the 3 weeks, you can transition to "Skinny Rules" which can be done vegetarian...I checked it out from the library too. Even if you cheat...it works. I mean...not a lot, but I have done other stuff and have lost. It is Low Cal and lower fat (only olive oil and things like avocado) I have juiced my snacks and have not had a problem losing

AND...the food is pretty good....most of it. I like Quinoa...he makes a breakfast cereal out of it but also a Heuvos dish...Ezikiel bread Pizza (I haven't tried because I don't have turkey and Im not sure I would buy it) but also you get toast some days. I also use whatever protein I want in a dish so if it calls for beef, I do chicken...usually ground chicken. (Im not in the mood to spell check so whatever)
OH...and Skinny rules you can substitute beans and other stuff...I figure I can suck it up for a few weeks until my reunion and then switch to Skinny rules.

Last edited by beachagain; 07-24-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Omg Beach 10-20 in 3 weeks???? That sounds amazing!!!!! Are the weight exercises fairly easy to follow?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

yes....just a lot of cooking...but really good food. I haven't lost a lot and don't expect to lose 10-20 pounds...(I think the more you need to lose the more you are able and the less you need to lose...you know)
But the walks are not jogs or runs, the moves are super easy except the sit ups, the menus are flexible so I can stick with it...and the fact you cook everything makes it easy NOT to mess up portions and makes it easy to stick with it. Time is hard for me so I have given up like 100 times but then keep going forward because I was able to break the 150s in a few days and I haven't been able to since my failed round and I am almost to the 148 I got to then ...and in a few days with cheats!! Like one day I had a rough day and juiced and then had a few beers which is a total no-no and I still lost! and I had a small slice of cheesecake that day too! (totally off his plan)
So I am sticking with it...I feel good, the food is good...I am trying to get things prepped ahead of time because if I am able to stick with it better when I am prepared. You have to read the book...it makes since and is easy to read and follow

Oh...and I exercise more than he says to...but he is okay with that...I have been doing extra stuff when I can. You can walk any time, but he prefers the morning before you eat since you burn more calories on an empty stomach...plus you get it done. the moves can be done whenever. I find walking 45 min in the morning the most difficult because of work

Last edited by beachagain; 07-24-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oldafw
Stats: 162/139.0/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/7/11
I love Bob!!!! Hope everyone had a great week. By quickly reading, it looks like everyone is getting focused! I was awful all week but cant believe I was 137.5. Still unpacking so I will catch up later.
oldafw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

olda....looks like that worked
I'm trying to stay focused but it isn't easy
getting closer to 148 after a little cheat...I am still working out and trying to stay on plan...I am mostly on plan
Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Hey all,

I have been in a not too good place for a few weeks.
Went to the doctor today to ask about my thyroid ... Unfortunately, I ate before I went and need to fast for the blood work. I will be going in Monday morning before work.

I don't want to be sick... But it would kinda be a relief to find that something is holding me back that can be fixed. I feel very broken.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Low, I certainly understand thinking its relief to pinpoint a reason for how you are feeling. I am sorry you feel broken. Getting to the doc is the first step. I have had thyroid issues for about 10 years and meds have changed my life.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Thanks Olda ...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Vacation Done, High School reunion done. What a relief!!!! I have some house guests through Tuesday so I will be starting another round of Haileys diet on August 5th. Hopefully only for about 2 weeks and then just sticking to that way of eating. Never thought the 120anything could be a real goal but I am going back to it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Keep us updated on the MD Low.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

2 weeks til my reunion and I keep shooting myself in the foot I can do this...I can do this... I can do this!!!
I lose then do something stupid damn I'm an idiot!
the key to this is preperation and I just keep forgetting to cook ahead and then I say forget it...I usually just juice which nets a loss...but last night...I ate chips and salsa and blew it

This morning I scrambled around for 2 hours trying to cook for the day before going to work...I'm going to have to work out here when I get a chance and then home to cook for the week as best as I can
Old 07-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh...and I really do hate meat
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

HELLLLLO
Old 07-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

LCL...hoping you find answers

so...made it one day again and was greeted with the 140s again...I was almost down to the 148s and shot myself in the foot and went back to 150.8...today I was at 149.4 so fingers crossed I can pull my head out of my butt and stay on this plan for a few weeks...I only want the mid 140s at this point so I need to stop being an idiot
I think about where I could be if I did this plan exactly as he says it isn't rocket science and it is so easy and doable as far as the food goes...the time it takes is a little bit harder but if I just take the time...who knows?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Morning!! Today starts my week 2 of low carb... down 5.7 pounds and totally stoked about it!!! Glad to see everyone is doing well on plan right now ! Hope you all have a great Monday!