Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I haven't been able to post as much as I would like to, I've been so busy at work and my phone broke yesterday and I had to get a new one. Thankfully it's awesome! I got my laptop working for the moment so I'm on that right now.

I'm still on my way down, working out and whatnot. I think I'll take a break for today. I got really sunburned yesterday and I've been working out every day, so I think my body needs a day off.

I did get my clothes for my gym bag all ready for the week, my hand wraps for body combat are all cleaned and ready to go, and I'm ready to start the week.

I have a ton of chicken marinading right now in some Mojo Citrus marinade and bf will grill it later.

You guys are doing fantastic!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
Alice-don't even get me started on fresh corn on the cob slathered in butter and salt! Oh my. I will have to have at least one piece when it comes in this summer. I do agree with you though, that things don't always taste as good as you remembered.

Avy-wtg!

Frankie-stress is the devil! Glad you are staying on plan.

Cathy-you can do this! Keep up the good work. Eating mostly protein and fat after a carb indulgence always helps me too.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Happy Sunday all !!!

I hate stress, and today seems to be the way it is going to be . They lead me to wanting to go off track. So far so good .

I love fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and corn. But, I don't usually eat corn , when I do I limit it to 1/2 an ear.

Avy... WTG !!

Wednesday is my weekly weigh in..
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I made fresh salsa today. It costs a whole lot less and tastes a whole lot better. This is the 3rd time in my life I made it, all within the last 2 weeks.

I love fresh veggies too. Looking forward to some locally grown produce to support the local farmers. I planted a coupe plants this year, so it will be fun watching them grow.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Good to hear everyones weekend updates.

Yum to all the fresh veges. We're coming into winter so variety is rapidly dwindling. Is it harder to LC over winter? Just wondering.

No up, but no down. Apart from the one day small loss, which came back the next day, I've had no change for 14 days. I've read about it happening to others, its not so much fun when it happens to yourself. I know my carbs are 40gm or under. I know my macros are good. My cals are low and Im even in ketosis - the stix started showing colour again after nothing for a month or so. Still taking it on faith something is happening, even if I cant see it.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 319/305/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 1/2/14 for yet another time
Well I stepped on the scales Saturday morning, being the first of the month and got mad, 1 little pound. And it's been about 3 weeks since I've looked!! So this week I am sticking to mostly meat, watching my sodium and hopefully that will break my streak.
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cathy143
Stats: 302//269/222/150
Start Date: 5/21/11 Again 5/26/13
It is great to see everyone is doing so well. I have done wonderful this week. I have not cheated at all. My blood sugar this am was 85 and I am beginning to cook instead of eat out. However, I was up .8 this am. What is this? I every started showing a little ketones on the strip. Whatever.

Mary, I would love your salsa recipe. I have never made it and love it. Great thing to make this time of year.

Avy - YAY!!!! to loss.

phranquie- I am originally from Savannah. Grew up there. But live in Augusta now. I will be in Savannah for a few days in 2 weeks for the beach and a reunion. I was craving pizza today and made a Portabello Pepperoni pizza. The mushroom is the "crust" and then you just make it like a pizza. I found the recipe today on Linda Sue's site and just had to make it. It was wonderful and satisfied that pizza craving. I highly recommend.

Cfine- I am on steroids too and totally relate to what you are experiencing. I have another week of it to go. Hang in there. I know a few times I have eaten more than I should because of that hunger but I kept it low carb.

Cathy - good going on sticking to the low carb. You will be back to normal before you know it.

MsWoods- your exercise commitment awes me. I hope some will rub off on me.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
cathy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I've been trying to eat clean, but the scale was up again this morning - .6lb.. I am going to start strict induction tomorrow, I think. I've been eating low carb but not induction level low carb, too many veggies, some low carb breads and desserts. I'm going to stick with lean meat, chicken, eggs and maybe one small salad a day. I need to start using the test strips again too, I was so faithful to it a couple months ago, I got derailed somehow and you all know how that goes. I definitely need the support to keep this thing on track.

Sounds like everyone is trying hard to succeed. We can do this ladies!

I have been telling myself often that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 06-02-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Tweaker I am up a couple of pounds too and it has to be from veggies and strawberries as those are the only carbs I have had so I'm tightening things up tomorrow and even bought some ketone strips to try to help motivate me. I'm going to record my food for the week too and see exactly what is going on. My bgs are up too so I must be off track. So here is to a good week for both of us!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's to us, Shunsweets! Let's have a good week and next Sunday night be patting ourselves on the back!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do best when I just eat veggies at one meal and stick with fats and protein the rest of the day.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Michelle- Looks like you will be well prepared for the up coming week.

Tweaker- I would ditch the LC breads and desserts before the LC veggies. I say this as I always lose better eating simple foods such as meats, veggies, fats and berries. Adding in packaged foods will tend to slow me down if I eat them often.

Cathy Jo- I have seen Linda Sue's recipe for the mushroom pizza. The have baby portobello's at Aldi. I hope that you have a great time at your beach reunion. I am trying to plan a trip there for July.

Avy- WTG with the loss!

Lilbeetle- Plateaus really are part of weight loss, even if you adhere to your plan strictly you're still going to have them. I agree they are super frustrating and it is so nice when the scale starts to move again. Make sure you are taking body measurements as many people lose good inches when the scale doesn't move.

Kimlou- I hear ya on the stress. I hope you got through the rest of the day OK.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Tweaker, it is not the vegetables that is causing this unless they are the sweet veggies like winter squash or beets or onions. I would bet that it is the low carb products and low carb breads. I very rarely buy prepackaged foods, sticking to real proteins (meat, eggs, greek yogurt, soy), vegetables, dressings/oil/butter, even a fruit a day.

I sound like Frankie with the whole or real food philosophy, the outside aisle of the supermarket.

I use cauliflower and egg to make a pizza shell. Cauliflower is very versatile. Spaghetti comes from a potato peeler and making strips or using a spirouli to make zucchini spaghetti, or bake chips (like a dehydrator) from carrots, beets, kale, winter squash.

My fasting bg is 89. And 4 out 5 my brothers (2 living) and mother had/have diabetes. I have escaped the dreaded disease so far. My doctor told me to keep doing what I am doing. Another doctor told me if patients were compliant to healthy eating, they would be out of a job, but most aren't. He didn't use the words 'low fat' just eating healthy.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Morning all! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was relaxing, I even enjoyed a couple of sugar free margaritas - but my weight is holding steady. No loss, but also no gain!

I made a batch of jerky on my new dehydrator, and it came out really good! Even DH liked it and took some to work with him today. I'm looking forward to experimenting with different marinading recipes.

Tweaker - good for you for evaluating and adjusting! You will get there!

Gibbs - Hang in there! We have all gone through stalls, or slower losses. Keep going and that whoosh will come.

Mary - I love zucchini "spaghetti"! I also use spaghetti squash, but do have to monitor that because it's a bit higher in sugars. But so yummy, I really prefer it to real spaghetti now!

I hope everyone has an awesome Monday!

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning everyone!
I had a whoosh this morning, down 3.2 pounds
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Good morning all! I hope there is room on here for one more.....restarting yet AGAIN. Story of my life.... I'm always super motivated to get started and then only stick with it for a month or so. I have a goal of 150 and a vanity goal of 130.

Anywho, I got a jump on my motivation by buying a bunch of stuff last week so I was excited to get started again. I got a Spirelli, a new steamer pot, a gallon of coconut oil, another container of matrix protein powder, l-glutamine, gtf chromium, 5-htp & I also have a ketone/glucose monitor on the way. I also told my dad that I wanted my dehydrator back, lol.

I have multiple issues to deal with. Overconsumption of both alcohol & food are the two major ones. One is too many and two is never enough syndrome..... I told hubby this morning that its time to dry out for awhile. The good thing is that he is SUPER supportive, agreed with me & also said he is onboard. We also agreed to get back into the gym instead of the bar.... We just enjoy partying too much.

Going to the grocery store this evening, so hopefully I can stay on track this week. I look forward to reading everyone else's posts and hope we can all encourage each other!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Harmsway.... I am right there with you on restarting, again. But I had a nice long talk with myself , so this is my umpteenth time

Phranquie-- Thanks, Today is much better.

scalestepper That is great !!! I am hoping for about the same on my weekly weigh-in , which is Wednesday ...BTW: Love the avi name ..

Have a great day !
Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Scalestepper- Wooohooo! Good job on losing those pounds.

Nikki- Welcome! You can absolutely do this! I have been back "trying" to lose so many times. This time I am successful because of the non-eating work I have done with weighing and measuring foods and logging them in a journal as well as pre planning all meals. I would highly recommend a book called Brain over Binge. It references a book called Rational Recovery which approaches cessation of drinking in a new way. I like to think of it as being "mindful" when the urges to eat really bad food in large quantities hits. I think approaching my weight loss from all directions has really helped me be able to control urges to binge and to stay on plan.

Alice- I bet you just saved a ton of money making your own beef jerky. Plus you can control how you season it (no hidden carbs or sodium you don"t want).
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

First strict day back on induction. Did well so far - 23 carbs, 53g protein, 71g fat according to ******. Feeling hungry lol but that's it for today. I will increase the calories/fat after a few days but need to keep it low to get things started.

How did you do Tweaker?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/148/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
I've made it down to 152 ! Very busy in the yard this weekend and boy it was hot! Eating less carbs and calories is really working for me.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello to everyone. This thread has lots of interesting stories and new folks.

Frankie, Ibwill have to check out that book, Brain over Bringe, and the notion of Rational Recovery. Who is the author? Has it been around for a while?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cathy143
Stats: 302//269/222/150
Start Date: 5/21/11 Again 5/26/13
OMG!! I just made Dottie's Burger Scramble Florentine from Linda Sue's recipe website. Soooooooo good! and Induction friendly.

Part of the reason I have problems losing weight is I eat out so much. So I am trying to cook more and make some dishes I can freeze and have portions ready. Linda Sue said this was one of her favorite recipes so I tried it. I highly recommend this dish. And Linda Sue's website.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

Everyone is doing so well. I truly believe it is because we have found a home (Thanks MsWoods) and support and encourage each other. Later.
cathy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Frankie and Mary - I will easily cut out the low carb desserts but the bread may present a problem for me. I really like to just grab a sandwich for lunch when I'm home but when I go out I always have a salad. The breads (and desserts) that I referred to are my own homemade and very low carb, not commercial low carb products.

Alice - thanks, I know I will get there - I can do this!

Scalestepper - Woosh! Congratulations!

Nicki - Welcome! We'll all support you on your journey, having your DH supportive is a definite plus when trying to stay on track. How'd you do at the store? Stick to the outside aisles, keeps you away from the prepared, packaged foods.

Kim - you can do it!!

Shunsweets - Scale was up again this morning - What's going on, I say! I've been extra good today so hopefully tomorrow I'll be heading in the right direction. I worked outside all afternoon today, that should count for something!

Susan - WTG!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scalestepper-wtg on the whoosh! Love it.

Words cannot describe how tired I am today. We started early this morning working on some new flower beds and an herb garden. Things turned into even bigger things. I am so thankful that I am actually able to get out there and do the work though. Last year at this time I couldn't. It has been many years since I've done this kind of hard yard work. Things are looking so pretty.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats in the gardening cfine.

I make on occasion "fake bread" from mixing 1 egg, 8 oz riced cauliflower, with a pinch of salt and herbs to your fancy. If I want the Italian bread (can be used for pizza crust too), i mix it all up and pour into a rectangular plastic container and nuke or glass container and bake until center is firm. Then turn over to make sure the under side is done. Roast or nuke some more. Then for the sandwich, make a sandwich with your favorite fillings. It has no grains or gluten at all.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Cfine - what a wonderful thing to be able to enjoy gardening again! It is hard work.

Tweaker - I'm up .5 this morning too. Grrr. On to day 2 of strict induction. Starting the day with coffee with almond breeze and a small glucomann muffin. My usual 6 carb breakfast. Woke up hungry. Good news was my fbs was where it belonged so at least that reflected my good day yesterday.

Hey Kimlou - how is your restart going?

Good morning to everyone. It's a beautiful day!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The scale is still two pounds up. All of that hard work, I guess . We are hitting the pool today for some Vitamin D therapy and so I can rest my weary body. I had to go and buy a new swimsuit because my old one just about fell off. Hopefully next summer I will be able to purchase what I REALLY want.

Hope everyone has a fabulous LC day!! I love our thread, btw.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Morning all! Busy day today so I'm off and running. Got on the scale this morning and once again I'm within ounces of the 160's. So frustrated it just won't get there! I've been hovering between 170-172 for about 2 month's now and I think this is where my body is comfortable right now, but I would love to see 169! Maybe eventually get to 165, but not sure if it's realistic for me.

cfine- your garden sounds wonderful! We have our vegetable garden planted, and now I can't wait for some of it to start producing!
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm glad you all love the new home! It's nice to have somewhere to belong.

Me, I'm pushing a long. TOM is due this week so I might as well call it a wash. The scale won't cooperate. I'm going to stick to plan but I know the scale is not going to be my friend.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
Cfine - what a wonderful thing to be able to enjoy gardening again! It is hard work.

Tweaker - I'm up .5 this morning too. Grrr. On to day 2 of strict induction. Starting the day with coffee with almond breeze and a small glucomann muffin. My usual 6 carb breakfast. Woke up hungry. Good news was my fbs was where it belonged so at least that reflected my good day yesterday.

Hey Kimlou - how is your restart going?

Good morning to everyone. It's a beautiful day!

Doing good . Have a couple episodes of wanting sugary things. I get myself occupied with something else and work thru it .

Tomorrow is weigh in day for week 1