Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/239.4/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
I CAVED!!! I have got to be able to get through the middle of the week without difficulty. For the past two weeks, I had the MUNCHIES on Wednesdays and would lose the water weight plus little more each week. I was so glad when I got through Wednesday of this week and then I CAVED really bad last night!! I ate ice cream as well(I didn't even enjoy it too much!) So here it is Friday and I have the water gain today. Hopefully, it will be gone by my Monday morning weigh in.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Sally, I'm with you, I need to start tracking my food intake. I always do so much better when I write everything down. I was doing great a month or so ago, stopped tracking and when I checked the scale today I'm up 6 lbs!!!! Holey moley, I just posted a couple days ago that I was staying on track and my clothes fit good but apparently I wasn't being as good as I thought I was. Today I feel like a blob!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Cathy- keep working on it. You can make it through the week. Do you have some 'on plan' snacks prepared? I try to have a few things ready for those difficult times.

Tweaker- Right now I am trying to get back to strict low carb. It gets overwhelming trying to track everything. If I can get back into low carb thinking, hopefully it won't be so hard to track. I know calories are important for me too.
You are probably retaining fluid, if so, a week of induction level eating will get rid of the bloat.

Sweet Dreams everyone
Old 06-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Morning Girls! I was right 153 this morning! But that's GREAT! I was heading towards 158 this time last weekend!!!

Tracking my food intake REALLY helps! I use an free on-line tracker. I always do better when I track what goes from hand to mouth !

Shopping today - food, Father's Day and DH birthday - not fair !
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning
Hang in Cathy, you can do it.
I agree, tracking helps me, I usually I eat less when I do.
Good day yesterday, lost another pound this morning, woohoo!
I started a 5:2/Fast diet thread in the Other Plans section, join in if you want to.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I write my plan down each day. I already figured out what the average # of calories and carbs a serving of veggies has as well as fish, chicken, beef etc. so now that I have my outline to go y, I just fill in the blanks. I skip snacks and when I get the urge to have something, I find some other activity to do. I tell myself I have another meal coming in 1-2 hrs and I am not starving. I am learning to control my impulses and to stay away from instant gratification. It is almost a spiritual exercise.

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 319/305/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 1/2/14 for yet another time
Having a rough time today with wanting pizza and breadsticks. I'm a HUGE breadoholic, that's why I'm huge But for some reason, today I want some.

I did get a good compliment yesterday, made me feel good! I also received my gift card for winning the weight loss challenge here at work.

I'm currently making out the grocery list and nothing sounds good. I think I"m going to have to make some lc breadsticks just to shut myself up!!
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Cathy- Is there any way you can get the carby foods out of the house? When my BF was eating carbs I would put them all in one cabinet and if I strayed near that cabinet I would stop and ask myself why I was even looking. If you have certain days or times when you are prone to eat off plan can you do something else you like or something to keep busy and distracted from eating? Go for a walk, do your nails, clean out a closet, scrub the baseboards,,,anything to keep your mind off of munching.

Tweaker- I am like Mary and plan everything in advance and I also weigh and measure all my foods and log them in my food journal. If I gain or don't lose I can go back to my journal and see if there has been a change to my macros causing the gain. If there is no change to what I've been eating I know that I should not change anything and the weight loss will resume when my body is ready. Keeping track of everything really helps me stick to plan and stay on track.

Susan- Great job on the tracking,,,it really does work. You are back in the groove!

Gibbs- I love bread too. I have been craving pizza for the last week or so almost every day and I have no idea why. There are LC pizza alternatives but I have decided to not turn to those and just ride the wave. I think if I try something that is pizza-like I might overindulge right now. WTG for winning the competition and getting a noce compliment!

Last edited by Phranquie; 06-01-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Too much cauliflower last night but I am still down. I went from 241.6 down to 240.6. Still need one more pound to be where I was Wednesday morning. I know it must still be water gain so working on it today. Lots of water, few vegetables, lots of fats. I usually would not have it in the house and resisted for three weeks. It was a strange feeling that took over me and I am sooo sorry I did. The best is I really didn't enjoy it. I am looking at making some sandwich bread (Linda's website) so that I know it will not affect me like the low carb tortillas (WHEAT is in them) and possibly a small dessert type thing to have for emergencies.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #190
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Today day is my lowcarbaversery! 51 lbs down fro last year, yay!

So, this week I have slowly gained 2 lb, .2 a day, and 1 lb over night! WTH?? Could be many things, like all the workouts and yoga, lack of sleep, or even hormones, eating out last night (even though I stayed low carb, that's probably the extra lb there) but bleh, slowly gaining? This is the first time this has happened....ever...when low carbing, even when workingout. Guess I never made such a big effort in the workout department?

I'm not going to stop what I'm doing, and I'm definitely eating right. Hopefully it goes back to normal by the end of the month!

Officially down 50 lbs! Another 30 or so to my first goal, then I'll re-evaluate.

Couldn't do it without all the amazing support and motivation from this forum and all the wonderful people here.
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Frankie- I was hungry for pizza this week too. I took a couple of pounds of hamburger and browned it and drained the grease. Added pepperoni mushrooms, onions, olives and one can of pizza sauce. Simmered for a few minutes and topped with cheese. turned the burner off and put the lid on the pan and let the cheese melt.

It made a great meal, ate it over some steamed veggies. No guilt-- low carbs. Had to fight to keep from over eating though.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Avy- congrats on a successful year. You are doing great.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Morning all! Happy Saturday!

Weight is up about half a pound, probably from my 2 mile walk yesterday. It's so frustrating that when I go out and do something healthy like a fast paced walk, the scale shows a gain the next day. I know it's my muscles holding water, but it's annoying!!

My project for today is to try and make some jerky with my new dehydrator. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I also have to track my food daily. It's gotten to be a routine, so it's not a big deal. But I do notice that when I don't track it's so easy to go over.

Avy!! -- Congrats to you! I have an atkinsversary coming up soon and can't weight.

Gibbs -- I totally get the bread thing. I have not had any in almost a year, and I know if I have just one piece I'm done for! But the craving comes back once in a while and that's hard!

Have a great day everyone!

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
I went to the gym last night and was down another 2lbs! That makes 9 pounds since the 22nd! I'm so happy!

I did eat higher than my carb count for induction should have been. Instead of keeping it at induction levels I maybe went to 30-40 carbs. I was feeling kind of rough and we went to a pizza place..I didn't eat pizza but got wings and scraped the cheese and toppings off one slice. I didn't eat "bad" foods I just ate more of the on plan foods than I should have.

I don't feel starved this morning, which I will take a good sign as when I eat poorly I am usually RAGING hungry in the morning!

Gym time tonight and keeping a CLOSE track on my carb count today to make up for it.

Good luck everyone!

~Melissa
"A House Without Books is Like a Room Without Windows." Thomas Mann
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kimlou
Stats: 180/150/135.round ?
WOE: LC.. Atkins
Start Date: 5/29/13 .. round ?
Congrats , Avy !!!!

So far I am doing pretty good ! I heard those darn White choc. Kit Kats calling my name at Wal-Store today ... Just turned my back on those things

I have Chia seeds here ( I think, unless I tossed them when I was cleaning cabinets. I am bad about throwing things out ) , will check for sure .

I have a dehydrator. don't use it much. But the zuke chips sound good .

Something kicked in cravings today... need to watch and see what it is .

Have a great weekend everyone .

Down 1.8 from Wednesday
kimlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Wtg Avy. I lost 4.3 lbs in May. I'll take it

Went to the movies last night and ate some popcorn. It was good, no guilt the morning, just back on track.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I's love a dehydrator. Especially when the garden is goig mad.

Well, 4 days in a row I am up on the scales. I am eating below my cals and carbs so I am taking it on faith thats its just my body clinging to something and that there is a woosh in my future.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Gosh, I got behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Today day is my lowcarbaversery! 51 lbs down fro last year, yay!

So, this week I have slowly gained 2 lb, .2 a day, and 1 lb over night! WTH?? Could be many things, like all the workouts and yoga, lack of sleep, or even hormones, eating out last night (even though I stayed low carb, that's probably the extra lb there) but bleh, slowly gaining? This is the first time this has happened....ever...when low carbing, even when workingout. Guess I never made such a big effort in the workout department?

I'm not going to stop what I'm doing, and I'm definitely eating right. Hopefully it goes back to normal by the end of the month!
I bet its the working out. I have always gained when starting working out and then been less predictable than when I wasn't working out.

Huge congrats on your one year!!! And 51 pounds!!! (That's exactly where I am today, too... 51.) I have never managed to stay basically on plan for a whole year.

Sooo... I'm feeling so low energy today and I have no idea why. I just want to sit on the couch. And, of course, wanting to snack and cheat goes right along with that feeling. But I'm sitting here with my starbucks iced sugar free mocha with HWC, which I hope will protect me.

I was going to go to TJ's bc we have NO food in the house but there's no way I can fit it around my hubby's schedule (we share a car) and the kids' needs... so that means I gotta go across the street and buy them pizza (we have a freaking amazing pizza place about ten steps away from our front door ) and then scrounge something up for me to eat here. I'm crossing my fingers that I've got some avocadro's number in the fridge that I can have with a few pork rinds and I know I've got some of my beloved "unexpected cheddar". I'm not sure if I can choke down a salmon pattie today bc I've had them like the last four days in a row... maybe some hard boiled eggs.

Speaking of pork rinds, though... I usually save those for a special treat. I like them with butter and cinnamon and splenda. So yesterday I hadn't eaten a whole lot during the day and, after I put the kids to bed, I was feeling pretty hungry and made myself a whopping serving of cin/butter/pork rinds. Like a big plateful. I didn't measure, but it was probably on the order of 800 calories or so, possibly closer to 1000. I actually woke up in the middle of the night feeling a little bit over-fatted. lol I get kind of a nauseous feeling when I eat too much fat, and woke up like blahhhhh at 3 am or so. This was probably one of the only occasions that I'd say I overate LC fatty stuff. So, I was worried about what the scale would say this morning, and I shouldn't have been. I as down a pound! Fat really is my friend. But I'm not going to do that again for quite a while.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding

Last edited by rubidoux; 06-01-2013 at 03:16 PM..
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Finally down. 243.5. I'm ready to get back in the 230s! Been workin hard.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
hi from a relative newbie

I really enjoy this site- you folks are awesome.
I was in a really bad car accident in 1997 and after numerous operations and physical therapy I found it I have gained almost 60 pounds. I thought I had been on every diet there was but I was never able to lose more than one or two pounds every two or three weeks and my doctor said my metabolism was low. I started low carb 3/28- I limit carbs to 20/ day but I have the best results if I stay under 10. Have lost 30 pounds as of today and I am really pleased. I feel so much better and dropped 2 pant sizes.
I love love love the recipe section because I love to cook. Brie and flax meal crackers are sooo good. I make pizza every week and I have a cheesecake in the oven.
I eat sunflower seeds everyday- found out about that from here.
there are so many good suggestions on this forum. TY TY
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You will be there in no time, MsWoods. I can't wait to see the 210's. it's been about 16 years since I've been there.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cathy143
Stats: 302//269/203/150
Start Date: 5/21/11 Again 6/15/14
Hi all. I am so excited to find this thread. I have been on this board off and on for years. I have T2 diabetes and have been pretending I didn't for the last year. Last week the doc put me on prednisone and my Blood Sugar went through the roof. Shame it takes something like that to get my attention. So I immediately went to low carb and in the past week have gotten my BS down to normal. However, it I eat too much carb it goes up. I don't want to have kidney damage and be blind, so this has been a powerful motivator.

I am going to be 58 next weekend and have 2 grown children. My daughter is very fit but my son is also working on low carb. I have probably been on every diet every thought of...twice. Low carb works the best for me. Sticking to it is my challenge. Chocolate knows my name well.

We are going on a cruise for Christmas this year so I have even more motivation to lose. I can't wait to get to know all of you and help support each other. This was a great idea for a thread.

Have any of you ever had this? Every meat/protein I have eaten today has tasted nasty. Finally, for supper I made a salad and ate some macadamian nuts. I hope this passes by tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Cathy

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
cathy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cathy143
Stats: 302//269/203/150
Start Date: 5/21/11 Again 6/15/14
I see there is another Cathy here who know knows how to spell the name correctly . so I will add the middle name and y'all will be able to tell us apart. Can you tell I am from the south.

Cathy Jo
cathy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Welcome Cathy Jo. There's even more than one other Cathy here, I am a Cathy also but I just go by Tweaker, it's easy that way to know when people are talking to me. There are several of us Cathy's with "C" here on the boards. I agree with you, we spell it properly!

I weighed in this morning and have written down what I've eaten all day. I will continue to do so and see where I am a week from now. I may or may not weigh every day, but I'll go by total loss (or gain) on a weekly basis. Everything I ate was low carb, not induction level, but definitely low carb. I have had lots of water and several coffees, I just poured another cup actually, but I was having 2-3-4 cups of coffee during the evening with HWC and sweetener or DaVinci syrups. I'm drinking it black right now but may have one cup with something in it. I always drink my a.m. coffee black but flavoring it in the evening is like a dessert--- I guess I just don't need 3-4 desserts every night!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

laurie- welcome to the group. Glad you found us.

Cathy Jo- Isn't it good that you already knew how to solve the high blood sugar problem. My mom was type 2 diabetic and went blind...I don't have diabetes, but know I am prone so want to prevent those issues too. Good luck, glad you found us.

Michelle- Glad you are on the way down again. Thanks again for giving us a home.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Cathy Jo.

I had to stay up late last night and wait for my DD to get homel I don't do well at night with my eating. I am on steroids, so I got really hungry and ended up eating some GF crackers and 1 tbsp pb. I guess I could have done worse.

I really wanted to get outside and plant flowers today, but it looks like a rainy, icky day here in Tennessee. Makes me want to stay in bed and do nothing. Ugh!

Tweaker, I have found that one of my best tools for success is to write my food down daily. It's amazing how that one thing can really influence behavior.

Hi Laurie. Welcome.

Rubidoux, I hope you made it to the store or at least found a crumb or two to eat

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Happy Sunday all! The day here started out sunny, and now the clouds have moved in again. I need to get out and mow, so hopefully it won't rain.

I did well with my eating yesterday. We got some really nice looking corn on the cob this week, so I did allow myself half an ear. I have not had any corn in almost a year now so I was really looking forward to it. However, halfway through I realized it really didn't taste all that good, and decided it wasn't worth it. Funny how we build up a food that we haven't had in a long time, only to find out it's really not all that great. Now once we get some out of our own garden I may change my tune!
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in finally

Still playing catch up from my indiscretion on Thursday night with a pint of ice cream. Still don't understand why I did it. I didn't even like it. Eating very low carb yesterday and today - only meat and eggs with fat. Won't do this again. It is taking 3 days to lose that water weight but mostly 3 days to start ketosis all over again.

Official weigh in date for me is tomorrow morning. So I will watch everything I eat today. I have a roast in the slow cooker, husband will eat a sweet potato with it and I will have a cup of broccoli sauteed in butter and garlic, maybe a little cheese as well. Watching my sodium today as well. Seems to be important that I do that now. I finally am drinking water (4 glasses - I HATE plain water) and brewed tea instead of Diet Coke.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I am dealing with a ton of stress right now but staying on plan. I know if I cave it will only make me feel like crap and that won't help the stress at all.

Alice- I love corn on the cob! Corn and fresh tomatoes off the vine are what "summer" tastes like to me. Great job on not eating it because it wasn't tasting that good. This is surely something everyone would benefit from. I have heard that the first few bites of a food are the best tasting then we lose the taste for it.

Cfine- dealing with steroid hunger is very hard, you did good to not pig out.

Jayne- You should see if the pizza place place will make you a single serving casserole dish or pan with all the toppings when you get your family a pizza. Since it is close to you they probably know you are a regular customer and would accomodate a special order.

CathyJo-Welcome! I do find that I tend to eat the same things over and over and then one day I just can't eat a food, usually a meat or seafood. So I put a new food in the "rotation" for a while. Where in GA do you live? I used to live in Savannah and I miss it sometimes. Hope to visit this summer.

Laurie- Welcome! You'll find lots of great links to recipe sites here. People can be so resourceful and helpful with posting recipes and tips. Congrats on your 30lb loss!

Avy- Congratulations on your success this past year!!!!

Sally- Yup, when I am craving something I know I will still be tempted to overeat a LC version of it. I saw a recipe for pizza topping stuffed mushrooms that looked good so I might try that when I am not craving it so much.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #210
Avy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avy
Stats: Start 232+/Current 178.6/First Goal 150/Final 140?
WOE: Low carb lifestyle
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Hallelujah! The weight gaining every day the last week finally is over and as of this morning I'm back to .2 less than last Monday's weight. 2.2lb drop over night. About time!

Yoga class in a couple hours, so I should probably get motivated here to make breakfast and get organized. Happy Monday Eve every everyone!
Avy is offline   Reply With Quote