Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Boy, That would have been a real shocker, wouldn't it? But still, a 100% increase in the carb count is pretty bad as far as carbs go when you consider the small amount of cream cheese that is. One ounce=2tablespoons which is the serving size for the 2g carbs plus the 1g sugar. That's 4-6 times more carbs than most hard cheese. Plus it has sugar when cheese doesn't.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
32g!!! Hahaha. That would definitely be a shock! But even so 2 is double the amount, and that adds up. I usually buy Kroger brand anyway, but will keep an eye on all of them!
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Alice, that's good your buying Kroger brand. Did you see the difference at that link on the last page where LindaSue found that when she put both brands through a carb counter, Since the Kroger brand had more fat, the carb count was way lower than Kraft was...
Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #724
Senior LCF Member

I did notice that, Meme, and it makes me very glad that it's what I usually buy! Not to mention cheaper!!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Good Alice you're aren't swayed by the commercial brand and it sure paid off with the Kroger cream cheese.
I think I am going to buy some too....I almost don't want to eat the Kraft one now.That means 16g carbs for the whole package because I think it says 8 servings per carton...That adds a lot of carbs to a recipe.
It's all about the fat since the Kroger had one more gram of fat.... more fat=less carbs
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I guess I'll need to be looking for a different brand. We don't have Kroger around here but I'll check some stores that we do have and see what their store brands are for carbs. Sad that Philly had to go and mess with theirs!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday I made it into the 143's -- 143.6 to be exact!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Yikes, I didn't realize it's been a week since I checked in last! Guess I have been busier than I thought!

Congrats to you Tweaker!! That is awesome news!!

Not really much new to report here, just same old stuff. My weight is holding, although I would like to get it closer to my lower end of 165. I think I have just been enjoying too many summer foods like fruits and corn - and wine! lol

Hope everyone is well!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

YEA TweakerGeek!! That's great!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies! I had a NSV as well -- yesterday I put on a belt that has 5 holes, when I first got it I wore it in the second hole and yesterday I had to put it in the 5th!! Happy me! I'm hoping in another couple weeks I'll be punching a new hole or buying a new belt!

Alice - I know exactly how you feel about summertime and the fresh food, I haven't indulged except those beans awhile ago and a few cucumbers. It's hard when we look forward to fresh veggies all winter and then I go and say nope, not for me this year. Hopefully by next year at this time I'll have maintained and can have a few fresh veggies. (I've changed my goal again, I was looking for 145 but now I'm thinking 135-140.)

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
Thanks ladies! I had a NSV as well -- yesterday I put on a belt that has 5 holes, when I first got it I wore it in the second hole and yesterday I had to put it in the 5th!! Happy me! I'm hoping in another couple weeks I'll be punching a new hole or buying a new belt!

Alice - I know exactly how you feel about summertime and the fresh food, I haven't indulged except those beans awhile ago and a few cucumbers. It's hard when we look forward to fresh veggies all winter and then I go and say nope, not for me this year. Hopefully by next year at this time I'll have maintained and can have a few fresh veggies. (I've changed my goal again, I was looking for 145 but now I'm thinking 135-140.)
When I went to my farmer friend last week I must have had amnesia because I forgot that I shouldn't eat purple hull peas so I bought about a pound that was already shelled which is all the hard work done. After I brought them home I couldn't decide if I wanted to cheat and eat them and fall off the wagen, so I decided to freeze them until I reach goal.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, Meme!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Tweaker Geek about the peas...
And listen to yourself, like you said. Because you are right!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Happy weekend ladies! I had my yearly blood work taken today. And even though last year's was a great improvement over my Pre low carb blood work, I'm always a bit nervous waiting for the results. My husband company holds a yearly health fair and they do free blood work that covers just about any test you could think of. The results are about 3 pages long!

My first year after being on low carb my c reactive protein dropped from 8 to below 3. My a1c much improved and so did my ldl-p! But I still worry now that if the numbers don't look good that my doc will blame the diet. Even though I know this is the best woe for me.

I should have the results within the week. Anxiously waiting!

Have a great weekend!

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
Old 08-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alice, I hope you have good results, let us know. Don't you love it when numbers improve and it's because of our WOE. I hope that eventually we will prove to the medical "experts" that a low carb diet is a healthy diet!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you Alice...You've given me a reminder that I need to do that too!!
I just knew by looking in the mirror that it was time to head it off at the pass before it all got too much more out of control. LOL

Tweaker, The last Dr. I went was actually pro Low-carb. Now that I think about it he did some of those tests but IDK what? Maybe it's time to back and show him what I have been doing.

I did low carb 12+ years ago but nothing like this time with all of the support on this site, but I was also younger and slimmer.
After gaining back a couple of pounds, I always remember one Dr. Telling me that he was really surprised by my sugar numbers. In other words he thought I would be pre diabetic. Surprised him when I said I had been doing Atkins....LOL
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Hi! Still waiting on the blood work. They mail it, so it takes a week or so. I'll report when I have it!

On another note, we had a family birthday cookout yesterday, and I will say it is getting so much easier to eat this way. I'm really rarely tempted by anything. I ate the burgers and veggies and cheese. Had pork rinds for me for the guacamole instead of the tortilla chips. Skipped the buns, chips, and cake and didn't miss anything!

My family all know that I don't eat certain foods, so they never push cake on me anymore. When I do want something sweet, I have my own low carb cookies, etc.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alice - I love cookouts, they are one of the easiest family/friends gatherings to stay low carb at. There's always grilled meat and usually a salad or veggies. Of course, there are always those who say, "you just have to have a little potato salad, what's summer without potato salad?" If I think I'll be tempted I offer to bring a salad and make a faux tater salad - cauliflower instead of potatoes. I even have some people who request that I bring that now.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Alice&Tweeker, I love BBQ meats and joke that I know every BBQ place within a 100 miles...its really true! By the way, I don't miss any of that junk either. When your full, your full and much better to be full and lose weight too!!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

I got my bloodwork!! And I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Everything has improved again this year, and NOTHING on the 3 page report listed as High!!

Blood sugar went from 109 first year, 101, 2nd year, to 90 now!!
My C-reactive protein (which the doc was really worried about) started at 8 (normal is below 3) last year it had dropped to 3.5. Now it's 2.6!! Normal!!

My total cholesterol has always been good, but LDL was always a bit high. This year - 85!! Under 100 is normal. Yay!! And my LDL-p has also improved.

Oh and a1c is 5.3. Also in the normal range!

I am so happy!! - And this just goes to disprove all those low carb haters who say low carb will ruin your cholesterol level. And You have to eat whole grains to improve your heath. Ha!!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox - but still doing the happy dance!!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Alice! Those results are nothing short of WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you and doing the happy dance right along with you!!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

YEA!! Alice, That is so great!
Your right, this just proves that this WOE is the only way to live..
You must be so happy.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Alice and Meme - we're getting very close to being shifted to page 2, so here I am! I went off the deep end for a couple of weekends and am still in the process of getting back to my lower weight. Why oh why do we never seem to learn that it goes on so much faster and easier that it comes off!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, I so agree. It's so easy to put it on with just a weekend of slips, but seems to take weeks to come back off.

Same old stuff here so I haven't posted much. We've had some birthday's and weddings and things to go to, but I've done pretty well! Skipped the cake, ate the low carb stuff. The wedding was simple, and the buffet consisted of sandwich stuff - buns, turkey, cheese slices, and ham. potato salad, pasta salad, chips, and a tray of veggies and dip. So my plate consisted of some turkey, cheese, and veggies. LOL But I handled it!!

Hang in there tweaker, you can do it!!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You did good at the wedding, Alice, stayed low carb! It makes you feel good doesn't it?

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 09-08-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Old 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Tweaker!

Sadly, today I have had the munchies all day I have only been eating foods that are on my plan, but still, it's more calories than I need. Ugh!!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alice - as long as your munchies are all low carb you will be ok, stay strong!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Thought I better pop in since it's been a week. But I'm just frustrated right now. I'm up about 3 lbs higher than I would like to be, and can't seem to get off there. I have the munchies all the time lately. And I am sticking to foods on my plan, but just too much, and too much of the snacky type stuff.

I really just need to get motivated and do a few days of strict low carb foods, but not sure why I want to graze all the time.

Hope everyone else is doing better!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Alice have you tried to check the Keto sticks to see what's going on?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

No, but then again I've never used the keto sticks. I'm not sure is was ever really in ketosis for very long, even while losing. I kept my carbs at around 50 net throughout my whole weight loss.

But I'm thinking that eating more of the low carb special foods - like almond flour cookies, and sugar free puddings, etc, are just making me crave more stuff. Sometimes it seems that maintenance is harder than losing! lol