Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Im in.

I have a journel here but its languishing a bit after I gave up writing down everything I ate day to day - it didnt change much and was boring. I post on the NK thread occasionally, but only when my macros look good

Im from New Zealand, 39 and determined to break the family tradition of being fat and forty. I didnt start massively over weight, BUT I was on my way, and larger than i'd ever been. I have until october to get to goal. I am married with 2 daughters and I am raising my 3 yo grandson. I work in farming and am studying to be a vet nurse.

I love LC. I love the food, I love being slimmer. I feel better in myself and proud I have managed to lose weight, even if we all know LC makes it pretty easy I've messed up on a few occasions and I see that in my weight graph. I have broken one of the first rules - I have never read a single book on LC. I have a handful of LC/Paleo cook books I down loaded on kindle, but basically I just read and read and read; here and online and make it up as I go.

I NEED a support group. Some for accountability, and some for a place to bounce ideas off.

Sorry about the essay

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
My body is so weird and inconsistent! After almost 3 weeks of no losses (even had a few temporary gains) I am finally seeing movement on the scale again. 3 pounds in a week! I am very happy to see some change, I just wish there was more consistency. I know as I get closer and closer to goal it gets harder and harder. I have focused on reducing calories where I can. I've cut back on my HWC and may cut out the added CO in my coffee for a week and see if that helps. I think at this point my fat intake is high enough through my normal WOE. Will see what happens!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday! Stay LC!!

When you think about quitting, stop and remember why you started!!!

If you wanna fly, you have to give up that crap that weighs you down!

2013 Weight
1/1: 220, 2/1: 202, 3/1: 196, 4/1: 188, 5/1: 180, 6/1: 175, 7/1: 171, 8/1: 173, 9/1: 173, 10/1: 180, 11/1: 185, 12/1: 182
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 322/306/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
Checking in here too!!

I too have been here for quite some time now, on and off, on and off. You get the picture. I'm back with a vengence now, 41 #'s so far. I haven't weighed in a few weeks, I had to put the scales away, I was becoming a little OCD with them. I may step on at the first of the month. I can just taste the 50 pound mark, you know!?

In a nut shell, I've been over-weight since puberty. I earn it honestly from Dad's side of the family. Such a shame I couldn't take after Mom's, she may have been 100 #'s when they got married!

The old man and I have been together 24 years now WOW!! 2 boys ages 11 and almost 10. I guess it took us a while to figure out how to create kids

The hubby is supportive, although sometimes when he cooks I hear the phrase "Oh go ahead, 1 meal off wont hurt." Suuuure! NOT!

As for my health, high blood pressure, under active thyroid and just flat out crazy But I'm on pills for all of that!

I stay (try to) under 20 carbs per day. And I haven't been too hungry lately. I have become addicted to dill pickle sunflower seeds, I blame myself for buying a whole case of them from work. The plan was to give them to the baseball teams the kids are on but OMG they're awesome. I'd hate to see my sodium counts every day! I'm a serious bread-oholic so I'm very proud of myself for doing this!

I drink way too much coffee, but when you get up at 4am, SOMETHING has to wake you up.

I know I can do this, I've done it before, 2006 (I think) I went from 314 down to 239. The whole plan was to lose a lot and have another child. That didn't happen and I pretty much went nutz (hence the happy pills) and ate, ate, and yep, ate some more! Gained it all back and then some.

OK, I've babbled on enough for now. Just PLEASE keep me on track!!

PS - I WILL NOT admit to my age, I'm in denial, but just remember that the old man and I have been together 24 years

Last edited by Gibbs; 05-25-2013 at 04:51 AM..
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Wow we found lots of "homeless" people! Yippee!

Started my day with glucomann pancakes and coffee. A nice 6 carb breakfast that will hold me for hours. Off today so will probably eat lunch - on work days I just do 2 meals. I do very low carb, moderate protein, and good fats. I have to watch calories as well as carbs.

Working the rest of the holiday weekend but may try to grill a bunch of meats for the week tomorrow.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkdsmith View Post
I'm brand new (first post)and think I lucked out in finding this group. I'm 61, T2 diabetic and though testing blood sugar can be a pain it sure shows how eating low carb can keep my numbers where they should be. I've got a lot to learn and am excited about finding you guys.

Welcome to LCF! Great place for your first post! There's also a diabetes forum here with a number of helpful folks over there. If you haven't checked out Dr. Bernstein's books yet I highly recommend them.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Welcome everyone! Im so glad to see you all. Just popping in before heading to the gym for body combat. Ill post lots more later. Just needed to stop here for some motivation.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Deer smoked sausage is cool! Did you make it yourself?
Nope, we send it to the local deer processor every deer season. They make THEE best summer sausage too!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/154.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Welcome everyone! Im so glad to see you all. Just popping in before heading to the gym for body combat. Ill post lots more later. Just needed to stop here for some motivation.
I think I need this thread to get me back in the groove !!! Been lazy lately and stuck in the gain / lose arena ! A
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GAVIV
Stats: RNY 12/26/12 234.4/148/125-130?
WOE: Trying to stay low carb as possible
So nice to hear everyone's stories.

My husband wanted to go out last night for dinner but I talked him out of it and we agreed to go later the weekend. I just wasn't feeling it. I like to have more control over what I eat at home. Poor guy, we used to go out to eat so much and I'm sure he misses it. But he is very supportive.

Cathy - so glad to hear you have broken your stall!
GAVIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: upnort3
Stats: 217/195/150
Start Date: September 2012
Hi All I sure would like to join you guys. I am in my early 50's and have had a weight problem since the age of 5. I've had WLS and so have 2 of my brothers so we definitely have a family issue with food. I have a husband who travels for his job and 2 dogs to keep me company. No children of my own but I have 4 awesome step children. I have struggled lately with eating on plan so I need the support to get back on track. Low carb is the best plan for me. I have tons of autoimmune issues so I feel so much better when I eat cleanly. I'm looking forward to learning more about all of you.
upnort3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Good morning-

My goal for today along with staying LC is to work outside for at least an hour. I am hoping to work my way up from sedentary to normal activity level. That may take awhile, but I feel so much better when I am more active.

Rjkdsmith- welcome to the boards

good to see so many people here. We can do this with lots of mutual support.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Just checking in this morning. I am trying to get my husband back on track and follow low carb again. He thinks he is doing so well but he is just bouncing back and forth the same five pounds of fluid. I wish he would let me control just for 3 days what he eats until hopefully he can get into ketosis. With this long weekend, we'll see. No loss today but 1/2 inch this week off my waist.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Good Morning all!

Jen- great job at Olive Garden. I'm afraid to go there, because I'm not sure I could pass up the breadsticks!
It's saturday morning, and mostly a relaxing day. Had my usual breakfast of coffee, greek yogurt with nuts - and lately Chia seeds! Been loving those and after reading all the great benefits they have, will eat them a lot now!

Have a great day everyone!
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #44
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVIV View Post
So nice to hear everyone's stories.

My husband wanted to go out last night for dinner but I talked him out of it and we agreed to go later the weekend. I just wasn't feeling it. I like to have more control over what I eat at home. Poor guy, we used to go out to eat so much and I'm sure he misses it. But he is very supportive.

Cathy - so glad to hear you have broken your stall!
Thank you! It seems very tenuous at this point but I am in the 160's now and that seems to be sticking (172.5 was the point I couldn't seem to get past). I think it means that there is hope for any and everyone!!

I see you have been doing very well too and that is just wonderful!! I know you really struggled too.

Last edited by clackley; 05-25-2013 at 08:42 AM..
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Astribling, I love my greek yogurt for supper with pumpkin and golden flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, Walden Farms caramel syrup, vanilla flavoring and liquid sweetener. Then I freeze it for a bit so when I am ready to use, it is like frozen custard. I would love to try the chia seeds too. They thicken just like the flax seed.

I am just finishing up a Memorial Day Challenge in the Century Club. I set my goal to lose 4 pounds for April and May. I wanted to walk more and hope to go out tomorrow when the sun returns. It has been raining forndays. The high today here was at 8 am at 48 degrees. But as far as reaching my goal, I think I will make the 4 lb loss but not the walking part. That is where my focus will be until July 4th.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I have the munchies today!! Luckily I have a bag of sunflower seeds, dill pickle, in the shell. 7.5 carbs in the entire bag, 3 servings worth, but I sure hope to control myself 'cause there's a lot of sodium in those!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
Start Date: April 2013 restart
Hello...my name is Lisa, and I am electronically challenged Someone tell me how to follow this thread please !

I have been doing LC off and on for about 8 years. Lost 80 pounds and gained it all back, lost part, gained part..etc. I was on this site when I first went to LC but haven't been back until recently when I decided I had to take charge of my life again.

I am 52, married 33 years, have three children and one grand.

I don't understand why I ever go off LC. I love this way of eating and feel 100 times better. Hope to get to know you all !
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #48
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Hi Lisa! Many of us are return players. I consider it part of the journey... to make the connections that life is really better on low carb and thus make it a permanent change.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Hi everyone! Michelle I'm so glad you started this, I'd like to join in, I am also homeless.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Hope everyone is doing well today. Ok so far for me.

Am at McDonalds with my son so he can play with all the other kids. Had a side salad, no dressing and two McDoubles, no bun, no ketchup. Didn't have breakfast other than coffee with some SF creamer.

Tonight I am making tacos for my husband so I will not fry up any shells for me and just eat the insides, no beans, no rice, but lettuce, cheese, guacamole, a few chopped tomatoes. Still yummy.
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
I'm day 3 in and the induction ickies are starting I'm so nauseous but so hungry at the same time. It's weird.

I hate this part.
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Melissa, try drinking some broth, not low sodium...that really helps, promise. I just would use a can of chicken broth, open it up, pour some in a mug, heat it up in the microwave and drink it like tea.
adiasmc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Hi Everyone

Thanks Michelle for starting this thread. I always look forward to your postings, along with Clackey's, and I have learned so much from you two. I give you both much appreciation and thanks for my weight loss, and my sticking with this WOE.

I'm retired and 65. Second time on Atkins, first time I lost 45#'s. I then started a highly stressed job which I sat for 8-10 hours a day, and stressed ate, and ended up weighing 220#'s.

I'm still uncertained if I should maintain at 162, or go to a weight of 155. I guess my next doctor visit, I'll see what the doc thinks.

No children here. Just fur babies. Two parrots, two indoor Sia-mealse's, and a big baby indoor 125# Rottie. If anyone needs a fence put up, let me know, I'll send him your way, and your neighbors will put up fences to keep him out, and it will cost you nothing....he's a big ole MarmaDuke, and all he wants is luv, and everyone runs away from him, and he just doesn't understand.

Its Memorial Day weekend, and the grill will be cookin' the next four days

Happy Memorial Day Everyone
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Katee, I am 65 too and with the same thoughts re: the weight. How do we know this is where we should be?
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiasmc1 View Post
Melissa, try drinking some broth, not low sodium...that really helps, promise. I just would use a can of chicken broth, open it up, pour some in a mug, heat it up in the microwave and drink it like tea.
Thank you! I vaguely remembered that I read that somewhere but I wasn't sure if it was in reference to the nausea or headaches (which I don't have yet thankfully!)
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Katee and Mary, I'm kind of wondering the same thing. My original goal was 175. I got there, and then thought that getting into the 160's would be awesome! But it's very slow going. 165 would put me at the high end of the "desireable" of my BMI chart. I would like to get there, but to do so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to cut back more on calories, and knowing myself I don't think that would be sustainable.
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MominOhio
I am going to come out of lurking and join your thread if you do not mind. I have been reading the boards for three months and low carbing with all I have in me. I am 33, a mom to a 12 year old and 8 year old. Married almost fourteen years, and teach. I decided on low carb because this past fall I was diagnosed with a non curable autoimmmune disease of the liver This shook me to the core. Even though it is not curable there is a chance of a liver transplant when the time comes and it turns out if you are fat you do not get considered, so even though a lot of this is out of my hands I am trying to control what part I can. I also have fatty liver disease on top of the autoimmune disease BUT since starting low carb, my monthly blood test show a huge improvement in that. I love to cook and try new things. I really look forward to "belonging" somewhere on these fantastic boards. Have a great evening all!
MominOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Hi Katee, I am 65 too and with the same thoughts re: the weight. How do we know this is where we should be?
Awesome stats MaryMary

My concern are my knees and ankles. From a car accident years ago. I blew out both knees and ankles. The ~then~ doc told me to keep the weight off my body, as he foresee's plastic replacements in the future.

The future is here, and I feel great, no knee or ankle pain so far. Just a clickin' noise in my one knee joint. I'm just want to keep what I have. I just need to know from the ~now~doc, what she feels what a healthy weight would be for me.

Hi astribling....You've done great....I've got my BMI into a normal range, and I've been thinking like you that I need to cut back on portions to lose a little more.

I keep juggling my menu to lose weight....I weigh daily, every day at the same time at 7 am. It seems I'm stuck at 162. But then again, maybe 162 is the healthy weight for me. I am tall.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MominOhio
I forgot to add ( well I did on the original post in the main low carb lobby by accident) that since starting I have lost 35 pounds. Yay for this way of eating!
MominOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MominOhio View Post
I am going to come out of lurking and join your thread if you do not mind. I have been reading the boards for three months and low carbing with all I have in me. I am 33, a mom to a 12 year old and 8 year old. Married almost fourteen years, and teach. I decided on low carb because this past fall I was diagnosed with a non curable autoimmmune disease of the liver This shook me to the core. Even though it is not curable there is a chance of a liver transplant when the time comes and it turns out if you are fat you do not get considered, so even though a lot of this is out of my hands I am trying to control what part I can. I also have fatty liver disease on top of the autoimmune disease BUT since starting low carb, my monthly blood test show a huge improvement in that. I love to cook and try new things. I really look forward to "belonging" somewhere on these fantastic boards. Have a great evening all!
MominOhio

Awesome weight loss

Last edited by Kateee; 05-25-2013 at 03:40 PM..