Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I had managed to gain 9 pounds, not just over the holidays, I really had not been keeping track for awhile and I knew in my mind that I was eating things I shouldn't be eating. I'm still stuck at the same 3 pound loss that I mentioned when Alice resurrected this thread. I am eating right and in mild ketosis so I'll just keep plugging away.

I'm sure you can make your goal, Michelle, just take it one day at a time and stay strong.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #542
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
That's kind of where I have been tweaker, maintaining for the most part since summer. I did gain 6 thoughfrom that over the holidays by eating off plan but now I'm trying to really get in weight loss mode. Been trying to get back in the gym but that has been hard as well. I did go to a body combat class tonight and a step class last night so I'm trying.

We can both do this Tweaker. I just keep telling myself maintaining is easy for me now, so hurry and get this weight off and then u can maintain lol.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!

Tried BPC for the first (real)time just now. Man, I can't believe I waited so long. I've been trying to figure out how to get my calories in and I think this is it. Now to stock up on SF syrup.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #544
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Ladies,

We need to keep this thread going and give ourselves a home. I reach my OMG moment on Monday. I played around with staring over and over since the summer and when I reached my highest weight on Monday, I have dedeicated myself to do this hopefully for the last time. I don't drink coffee but I need to try it with tea. I need to look at some of those flavored tea people talk about but I thought they hsd carbs connected to them. That is why I never tried them before.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never tried the BPC, Michelle. How did you make yours? I drink a lot of coffee so maybe I should be trying one or two as BPC's a day, is more than one too much?

Welcome back, Cathy! Just as Michelle and I are saying, you CAN do this! I am a big offender of dropping out of posting but I really will make an effort to check in every day or at least every other day. May not have a lot to report but we can keep the thread active.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

Checking in. Will post detailed in morning but I'm here.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here too, nothing new.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:16 AM   #548
Big Yapper!!!!

Tweaker-for my BPC I just used 1tbsp HWC, 1tbsp melted CO, and a mug of hot coffee (a coffee mug size) and a little sucralose because it's all I had. My CO was not refined so it tasted like coconut. It was very very good. I put it all in a regular blender and it frothed up and had foam like a latte. I'm pretty excited. I got refined Spectrum CO, some butter, and SF vanilla syrup and I'll be trying that this morning.

I don't know how many people drink a day. I guess whatever your plan allots for calories? I was thinking about trying a fast with them. My weight IS NOT coming off. I'm getting frustrated.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Checking too. We are going to take a day trip to bring our foreign exchange student to Mobile, Alabama to see another city for his travels. Its a 2 1/2 hr drive there and back but he does not have school for the next two days. We will be eating lunch possible dinner out as well. When we do this I overestimate what I eat so that I don't go over. Mainly salads for meals and I only eat half of them. I am down 8 1/2 pounds for my start week so I can't complain. The worst part is Tuesday is my normal day to be on the road for work. That's two days on the road and in the car. Tomorrow I will bring my own food to eat there and while driving so that I can stay on plan, I am DETERMINED this time to succeed because my back pain is TERRIBLE and I really can't afford or want to go to the doctor and I don't want to get on any medication. The hernia I have is not helping my back too. I was hoping the diet would help relieve some of the inflammation in my back and take pressure off the hernia. I was also hoping to get my asthma back in check since it is starting to flare up again after being fine for two years. So this is a must succeed opportunity or I will be getting surgery and stuck in bed for weeks.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Old 01-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Michelle, I'll try one tomorrow morning.

Cathy, you have to be happy about an 8 1/2 lb. loss, I only lost 3 the first week and haven't lost an ounce this week, frustrating! Maybe some BPC' s will help, I'm going to search about others results with them.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Hi Everyone!

I have tried a BPC a few times, and do like the taste very much. I'm just a little worried about the calories. I'm kind of set in what I eat now in order to maintain. I do fluctuate 2-3 lbs, but I'm assuming that is water, and bloating from day to day etc. Maybe I can do a BPC a few times a week on days where I don't have time for my normal breakfast.

I'm feel that since I made it through Christmas and my Birthday without gaining (other than my 2 lbs that I fluctuate), that I'm now pretty comfortable in my maintenance routine. Now I just need to make sure I don't start getting too comfortable and back sliding. LOL

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!

Chugging along here. Today has been so busy I haven't had time to do any like checking the boards. But I wanted to make sure I dropped in.

Got my 1hr body combat class done this morning.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still about the same, eating on plan but the scale is very stubborn, it just doesn't want to go down!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
Hi All,
I am almost 58 in Feb married husband home with me also. Have 2 grown sons one in the Navy the other lives nearby no grandchildren.
I have been reading the low carb friends message board for 5 or 6 years. Have eaten LC off and on. Would loose 30 pounds then gain it all back. I just couldn't get myself to feel ok about eating low carb. Also part of the problem has been dealing with inner ear disease. It can be hard to cook. I would do ok and then have dizziness for a few days and have to eat something like a sandwich because it was easier. Low carb eating in the beginning would make me feel bad and having to deal with that on top of already feeling sick. I would try reading information on this site or online. I couldn't retain the information. I think its from depression trying to take it all in as well as eye tracking problem. So this time I am just not going to try and make myself understand everything. I am just going to believe what others have had success with. I don't do any kind of exercise. My husband suffered an aneurysm in his brain last April. He is now home with me all the time. He and I both have gained 20 pounds on top of already needing to lose weight. This time I am hoping I will finally get it together. Some things that have changed. I am eating more than I use to. I use to count calories along with carbs because I just don't drop the weight fast. This time I am not going to watch calories so much. People on here told me about how to make low carb milk and to drink broth. Both of those things have helped me so much. Also I just didn't understand how low carb could work. Consuming fat when so much on TV and from doctors they say not to. But then my regular doctor told me carbs cause high cholesterol and a weight doctor checked my AC1 which wasn't to the point of me being a diabetic but it was higher then it should be. She told me to eat vegetables and meat and avoid starches. The doctors don't really go into low carb diet but that's what they mean. Then I started thinking about when I was a kid and young person back in the 50s to 80s. I didn't have a weight problem so much. We didn't grow up eating deserts all the time. My mother made home made deserts. They were a treat once in a while. I don't know if they were available for people living in other places. But the places we lived mainly military bases you didn't find bakeries alone or in stores. As an adult I started buying store bought cakes and pastries. I loved tea but only drank it once in a while because of caffeine I have trouble with. Then I tried decaf tea and found it didn't bother me. So I have been drinking a pitcher a day of sweet tea since about 1997 before that I only drank water and milk. I am really want to lose and stick with it forever. I am sick of wanting to hide and not being able to buy clothes at a regular store. I also discovered that I haven't felt that I am suppose to look good. It is like when I developed an illness that was all I was. Just a defective person if I couldn't be that perfect person why be anything. It's been an all or nothing at all mentality. Enjoy reading what other here have to say about themselves.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

They wanted Chinese yesterday and I dreaded it because I ALWAYS retain fluid. The scales was not up too much but I was up today. Back on my regular regime today. No more road travels for work and am working from home the next three days. I can eat and drink on plan that has been successful so far. Not enough fluids as well yesterday and I could tell.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Hi Linda! Nice to hear your story! I am also in my 50's, and it's been a lifelong struggle to manage my weight. Low carb is the first thing that really worked. I was hesitant too about the health aspect, but my blood work this year, after being on LC for about 18 months, were great! So much improvement and my doc was thrilled.

Cathy, I can't eat Chinese food anymore either. I used to love it, but now every time I eat it I have a very upset stomach the next day.

It's another cold snow day here in the midwest. I am so very ready for spring so I can get back outside. I feel like a slug in the winter. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #557
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Welcome, Linda. I was 52 when I started Atkins in 2001 weighing 376 lbs. i only got on the scale once a month. Stuck to it, but every Sat morning, I would have a slice of Ezekiel bread toasted with butter with my omelette. I lost very slowly, about a pound a week on average the first year. Then at 55, I found a more structured way to do Atkins. Today I am 65 and am in a normal size. But it constant vigilance in that I still eat a structured program. I don't regret it at all. Back then I took more than 6 meds. Today just one. Blood work is great. No diabetes, heart disease or Cancer...the big 3, thanks to God.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Mary, how have I never noticed how much you lost? Have you lost all of it on your own or had WLS? It's just rare now days to find someone that has lost such a significant amount without surgery. I also have lost a lot, started around 400, and have done it on my own without surgery.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
Hi Alice, I've been worrying about my blood work. I go on the 29th to see my doctor had blood work last week. Hope mine is ok too.
Mary, I am losing slowly. I so want to see myself once again at a good weight for my height. I am 5'1. Just to much for my height.
Mary, Alice and Michelle thanks for the motivational messages. Keeps me going.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone and welcome, Linda! Check in as often as you can and definitely keep reading the boards, there is so much information, success stories and support.

Mary, I don't think I had ever noticed how much you've lost, Congratulations to you!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just me checking in, where is everyone?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in. Weather is crazy here. We here in New Orleans are getting snow flurries!!
I live here for the sub tropical weather. I hate the cold. Weight is slowing moving along.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Hi All! I'm here, just haven't been feeling great the last few days. The weather here has been so cold and horrible. And I've been having stomach issues. But I'm not sure why All my stomach,reflux, heartburn issues went away when I cut out wheat. So I don't know what my problem is now, but I'm having stomach pain, and burping, and a little acid. Very annoying! I haven't been eating anything new. So I will have to keep an eye on this. The cold weather doesn't help either. Starting to get a serious case of cabin fever!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It has been so cold lately, temps in single digits and wind chills below zero. At least the sun is shining!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #565
Big Yapper!!!!

Im here. Just busy with work I swear lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Im here. Just busy with work I swear lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hi Michelle, yes I lost it the old fashioned way too, no surgery except to have the skin removed around the pannus (2006), and a face lift (2013). This year I hope to get the arms done. I have been saving for the last 8 years. I figure if I were to keep it off, I wanted to be ready to go all the way.

I saw my doctor today for the annual physical. At 65, no meds, BP 100/60, glucose, 88, Total cholesterol 141, HDL 67, Tryglycerides 37, LdL 70. The doctor was doing the happy dance.

If you click on mynname in the left where it says Gallery: you can see some of my before pics.

Last edited by MaryMary; 01-24-2014 at 05:59 PM..
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Mary, those are great numbers - good for you!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Hi Michelle, yes I lost it the old fashioned way too, no surgery except to have the skin removed around the pannus (2006), and a face lift (2013). This year I hope to get the arms done. I have been saving for the last 8 years. I figure if I were to keep it off, I wanted to be ready to go all the way.

I saw my doctor today for the annual physical. At 65, no meds, BP 100/60, glucose, 88, Total cholesterol 141, HDL 67, Tryglycerides 37, LdL 70. The doctor was doing the happy dance.

If you click on mynname in the left where it says Gallery: you can see some of my before pics.
Mary those are awesome numbers!!! Congrats
Old 01-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #570
Big Yapper!!!!

That is fantastic Mary.

I finally started losing again. Down 11.1 lbs last week so I'm happy. Started at 238, down to 226.9. My goal this week is 220. Running up to Oklahoma to gamble a bit with my mom so hopefully I can still get my water in.