Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Tweaker- I think whatever works best for you! Some people get obsessed by the scale and cannot resist getting on it several times a day and get upset by the number change throughout the day. I think if you use it like any other tool to help you control your weight it is useful. I have gone back and looked at the periods of my weight gain and I do not weigh or log in my foods at all. As if when I don't weigh or log my foods I am not really getting fat! But when I see the reality of the number on the scale and I see exactly what I am eating on a daily basis, I am able to face it and do something to control my weight.
Frankie - I agree with you completely. I weighed this a.m., only down .6 since last Sunday so that's what's going in my journal; however, a couple days ago I checked the scale and was down 1.6 ( should have written that one down and changed weigh-in day!).

Alice - that darn water weight is hard to deal with, we all get it and know it will go away, but it's discouraging at the same time!

Gibbs - 57 pounds gone - good for you, keep up the good work!

Have a good week everyone!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Marymary - glad your DH is progressing. Mine was released from the hospital yesterday and everyone here is finally getting well!

So the health crisis diet lol is over and I am down 5 pounds which will come right back now that I won't be constantly at the hospital when I am not at work. Hope to keep some of it off.

Doing well with the daily walking and really need to revamp diet to match DH's needs. He needs low fat, low salt, low cholesterol, no concentrated sweets and I need very low carb, moderate protein, high fat - this is going to be a challenge!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Checking in. I haven't been on the scale much lately, but I did get on yesterday just to make sure I had gotten rid of the weight I gained from the 4th weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to have lost a pound. Two more pounds and I can officially say I've lost 70 pounds!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous LC week.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Some good news! They took him off the coumadin and heparin today. He was up and around but is very tired. He needs lots of rest to get his strength back. Hopeful he comes home soon.

My weight is about the same. 150.8. It would be neat to see 149 at some point but it is not a goal. I just keep eating pretty much the same thing, rotating my breakfast every third day. I have my favorites and love my veggies.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Glad to hear that Mary! Tell him hugs from the LC friends.

I still been doing ok, not actively losing a lot, until this morning. I knew what I needed to do. 236.0 this morning and I'm pretty happy with that. Almost lost 30lbs since recommitting May 9th. Also been alcohol free since then.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Good going Michelle!

Today DH is getting transported back to the hospital that did the surgery 2 hrs away. I suspect when the surgeon sees him, he may keep him for a couple days and discharge him if there is no fever. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Mary and Shunsweets, good to hear your spouses are improving!
Congrats to all who have lost this week. WTG!!

I was back down to 169 this morning and the water weight was gone! However, with the humidity this week I wouldn't be surprised to see it creep back up a bit.

I'm always on the lookout for new foods and recipes and today tried some spinach dip made with greek yogurt. Yummm!! I found quite a few different brands at Walmart, some higher calorie some lower. But all of them had carbs of 2 or less per serving.

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #458
Big Yapper!!!!

Alice- Walmart has a greek Oikios I think by Dannon, they have 3 different flavors, but the one I really like is roasted red pepper. I think it has like 30 calories and 2g carbs per serving.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Alice- Walmart has a greek Oikios I think by Dannon, they have 3 different flavors, but the one I really like is roasted red pepper. I think it has like 30 calories and 2g carbs per serving.
I saw that one too, and actually was trying to decide between that and the spinach. I think I will try that one next!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

The dill flavor one really has no flavor to me. I didn't care for it much.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Been doing good even though I have been away from home. I brought both my kitchen and bathroom scales with me to help me stay accountable and it is working.

Alice- Did the 169 stick??? I have been eating Boursin Light spreadable cheese. 2 carbs per 2 tbs, 50 calories. Love it on a moon pop or on veggies.

Michelle- Congrats on the great loss since recommitting!

Cfine- So close to the 70lb club. You can do it this week!!!

Shunsweets- Maybe you could cook the same for both you and hubby and then add in fats for you? Easy enough to add a slice of cheese or add butter or olive oil or avocado slices to what you have cooked. Cooking two completely separate meals would be too much to deal with every day. If you make chicken, egg or tuna salad, use ff mayo with his and do a portion for you with full fat mayo. I think with planning ahead you could manage.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Been doing good even though I have been away from home. I brought both my kitchen and bathroom scales with me to help me stay accountable and it is working.

Alice- Did the 169 stick??? I have been eating Boursin Light spreadable cheese. 2 carbs per 2 tbs, 50 calories. Love it on a moon pop or on veggies.
Yes it did! And this morning I was down to 168.5. YAY!!

Great job sticking to plan while travelling! That is never easy.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Shunsweets- Maybe you could cook the same for both you and hubby and then add in fats for you? Easy enough to add a slice of cheese or add butter or olive oil or avocado slices to what you have cooked. Cooking two completely separate meals would be too much to deal with every day. If you make chicken, egg or tuna salad, use ff mayo with his and do a portion for you with full fat mayo. I think with planning ahead you could manage.
Thanks for the ideas Frankie! This week I have been basically making two meals but that won't be sustainable so your idea of coming up with menus where I can add fats for me ( and maybe extra veggies and fruits for him) will help. I'm just so glad he is here with me still that I am willing to do whatever it takes!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

It's Monday again! I had a good weekend. Got to go watch my kids race yesterday. It was hot, but fun. I took my own snacks and stayed on plan. yay! And the scale is holding steady. Maintenance is a bit boring, so I have to make sure not to get too lax with things. Maybe it's time to start looking for some new recipes to try!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Coming here to vent. I hate when I let food have control over me. I mean, I really hate it. I always think that I have control over myself, and I do, until major carbs come into play. I did so well the whole time we were on vacation. On our way home I decided that I wanted to eat a taco salad with corn chips. I told myself it was only one meal. Well...you know the rest of the story. I just ate a half a tube of crackers after having ice cream after having cookies after having onion rings....I have GOT to get a grip!! We are having mine and my friends birthday celebration on Thursday night. I really wanted to eat birthday cake but now am thinking that's not a great idea. I will eat crazy until then if I know I'm going to let myself eat it. I wish it weren't the case but I am just being honest. Why does this have to be so hard sometimes??

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 325/318/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
Hey Gang!

My hubby freaked me out the other day when he made the comment that I felt squishy and asked if I had GAINED!!! Yes my butt went directly to the scale. Down 61#'s!!! I knew he was full of it!

I'm back on night shift at work and I find myself grazing more than on days. But I consume less carbs, so it all equals out!

Other than a trip to the ER, nothing exciting going on. I thought I broke/dislocated my wrist when I smashed a spider. It still looks nasty but nothing broken, still wearing the splint to avoid hitting it on something.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm around guys. Just still really busy. Which is a good thing I guess, means we have work.

Finally losing again, down to 233.9 so I'm pretty happy with that.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone. Lately, I have just been reading and lurking. Love to hear about all the life stories.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Hello everyone. Lately, I have just been reading and lurking. Love to hear about all the life stories.
Me too, Mary!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Our weather here has cooled off, and so I've gotten some nice walks in.

We have a peach tree in our yard, and I picked a bunch of peaches the other day. DH loves peach crisp, so I made some for him and I'm proud to say I did not have any! Really wasn't even tempted (well maybe a tiny bit!) I did eat a peach, which is a little higher carb than the fruit I usually eat, but it was delicious and so worth it!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 325/318/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
Happy Sunday Everyone!

Nothing exciting going on here in east central Indiana, just loving the 69 degree temp today!!!

Yesterday I fell off the wagon and it was on purpose. And no, I don't feel guilty, but proud. The old man and I went out for dinner, no kids with us, to the yummy Italian restaurant. I didn't even think about going off plan, I had every intention of eating low carb. Let me tell you, they didn't have anything that sounded good to me. Oh I'm sure it probably was. Maybe it's just cause I knew how good the food is there!! I decided it's been 5 months on plan, no slips, not much temptation, so I went for it. Italian nachoes, spicy shrimp and chicken pasta, bread and 2 martinis (Creamsicle and Flirtini) and I was so miserable after wards. I had a headache, fast heartbeat, hot face. But I did enjoy the food. I know I dont need the high carb life, and I knew I wouldn't have a problem with the next meal going back to low carb. So I'm good with it.

The problem was driving past Starbucks, I told the old man to pull in, then changed my mind quickly! I dont NEED a frappa-what-not, I know what they taste like and was bad already so we passed it by. I was proud of that!

I have the munchies today, which I expected and have dealt with.

Other than that, total boredom here!
Gibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gibbs, I am so with you! Loving this weather! I'm in west central Indiana and it's been great the last few day. It's nice to be able to go outside and be comfortable.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Hi! Looks like this group has been slowing down some. I guess not much is going on. Which is about the same here. I'm basically just maintaining. Trying to maybe lose another 3 lbs or so. I eat mostly the same things every day - makes it easy but a bit boring. At least the weather has been awesome here and I've been able to get some walks in.

I hope everyone is well!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Still reading and lurking. I have you all in my prayers
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here too. Like Alice I am maintaining and it is boring as I do best with the same meals over and over and a daily walk. Just part of life now like brushing my teeth. The challenge here is to avoid feeling deprived and going astray. Need to find non food rewards and activities that do not include food - seems snacks are served everywhere! Usually they don't tempt me.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm here just so busy with work still. I'm trying to prioritize everything so things get done/people get attention in my life and LCF is lower than my people lol. But I'm here. Things will slow down a bit soon for me and I'll be around more.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

So how is any/everyone that's around?

I'm feeling better today, TOM is on it's way out. It was a ***** this month. I need to try to get to the gym today. I also need to get some hb eggs for work. So much to do, so little time lol. I was supposed to go to a birthday party today but I'm just not going to have time. Oh well, better that way. They always have too much bad food and nothing I can eat. I'm trying to be very dilligent.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Hi! I'm still here too. Busy weekend. Our garden is doing well and I spent the weekend canning pickles and salsa, and picking corn. Yay! My weight is holding steady. I started back on my zumba dvds today. haven't done them since I lost my weight, and it's amazing how much easier it is to move with 45 lbs gone!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Havefaith9
Stats: HW: 217 199.5/188.5/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 2014
Main Lobby Low Carbers Unite!

A little about me. Been dieting since I hit puberty. I'm 51 now. I have low thyroid and had a hysterectomy a few years ago. Talk about getting squishy! Geesh.

Anyway, last year I applied for life ins thru my husband's company and he did, too. He smokes and only eats once a day. Well they accepted him and turned me down! That was a wake up call.

So I started with diet pills and lost 10 pds, then I started low carb in October and lost another 30. Since January of this year I keep losing and gaining the same 10 pds. Seems like after my Christmas binge I just can't make myself stick with it for very long. Sweets kill me. I could go all day without eating good food and just eat junk and I'd be happy. But I can't do that, so I am marking my spot and going to go back and read all the posts when I get a chance in the next few days.

I really need the support and wisdom of you all. I have no one near me who does low carb. I've learned a lot since joining this forum. All except how to quit the sweets.

Faith 217/179/140
Havefaith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Faith! This is a great group of people and a wonderful support board. You will find all kinds of great information. If you have any specific type of questions post them in the main board and you will get a lot of replies!

I am also 51, going through menopause, and I know that makes it even more difficult to lose than before. But it can be done! I never thought I would lose my weight until I went back to low carb, and I have lost 45 lbs over the last year. It may go a little slower for us now, but it's doable! Hang in there, and hang with us!