Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
Trying to figure out what to wear to the beach. I have a serious issue with the top of my thighs. They look like melted wax or like I have a lady scrotum from all the lose skin I now have. And my tummy now has extra skin too so the bottoms fit across the tummy but are weirdly loose at the crotch and bottom of the butt (where did my lower butt go?). If I pull them up odd parts of my tummy skin pop out the bottom. Uggghhh! I might just end up wearing a top with some bike shorts.

Michele- Yard sales can be grueling with all the prep work. I hope you have a nice clutter free house after this. Girl, step away from the rinds!

Alice- We have had such nice weather here for two days. It is usually blazing hot so this is a treat.

Laurie- You may be one who is susceptible to the Dreamfields, especially with regard to how precisely you have to cook it. I'd tuck the rest away and try it in a month or two to see how it goes. Everyone tolerates carbs differently, but it is good to know there can be issues. Maybe try the zucchini noodles as a sub for pasta?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phranquie View Post
Trying to figure out what to wear to the beach. I have a serious issue with the top of my thighs. They look like melted wax or like I have a lady scrotum from all the lose skin I now have. And my tummy now has extra skin too so the bottoms fit across the tummy but are weirdly loose at the crotch and bottom of the butt (where did my lower butt go?). If I pull them up odd parts of my tummy skin pop out the bottom. Uggghhh! I might just end up wearing a top with some bike shorts.
OMG I read that and almost spit my coffee across the room! But only because I have the exact same problem and have never quite known how to describe it. I usually call them elephant skin thighs! But, yes, I hate the way my thighs look right now. It's weird because the backs of them aren't too bad, it's only the front. I'm hoping that eventually tightens, but I guess it's better than being over weight!!
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #423
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Me too.. I am thinking of buying a tankini and black swim shorts. I think it is LLBean or Eddie Bauer onlie. I think it is on sale right now.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
I gave up and bought one of those "older lady" swim suits with a black skirted bottom and a fairly modest top. I just don't feel comfortable in a high thigh suit any more and it works much better while chasing grandkids on the beach.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe holiday tomorrow!

Shun- I only wish the skirts would cover the dangling skin on my legs but they don't. And Older lady is a good way to describe them. I felt like I aged 40 years when I tried some on. So I am going to wear the bike length shorts with a tankini top.

Alice- I held a lot of my weight in my thighs, butt and upper arms. My legs and arms are frightening to look at now, but that is the price for being obese for a long period. The skin just has not snapped back like it did when I was younger. I look okay in clothes but I am just not ready to show my thighs to the world. I applaud people who just don't care, I am just not one of them. I am finally starting to feel "normal" and don't want to be self conscious while I am having a good time. In the bike shorts I look "athletic" and I can enjoy that feeling.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Happy 4th of July Everyone! Today will be a quite day here as DH has to work. But we are doing our cookout and fireworks on Sunday. I did get in a 4.5 mile walk this morning, which is my farthest ever!!

Have a wonderful Holiday!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Walked 8 miles today from sunrise to sunset. That's 20,000 steps. A new high for me. I was dripping like a sponge in this hot humid weather 2nd day of the heatwave...90+ degrees.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #428
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Had to come check on yall. The garage sale is finally over, TOM should be over in a couple days, I got my new fridge, so I should be around more this week and doing better in the weight loss part. I been LC this whole time just not able to be as strict as I would like.

Like I said, just had to come check on yall. See ya tomorrow!
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Almost glad the holiday weekend is over for me. Three days of BBQ's and company. Just did the best I could and today it is back on plan strictly for a few days to get rid of this water weight. Has a wonderful time with the grandkids but sure was glad to see their parents arriving last night to pick them up!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Our family cookout is today! I'm not worried at all about what I will be eating. We're having burgers and brats and hot dogs. I made a slaw with low carb dressing. We do have regular potato salad, but I also made some mocktato salad with cauliflower. Yum! I made brownies for everyone (wasn't even tempted, YAY!) and I have low carb choc chip cookies for me if I get the urge for a sweet. Chips and dip, but pork rinds and guacamole for me! I am ready!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Holiday weekend.

Mary, 8 miles WOW. I almost died after 4. LOL

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

Today I have only 3 mies asit has been an oven outside.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 319/305/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 1/2/14 for yet another time
Hi All!

I keep forgetting to come here and see what's going on.

Today is my first night back on the night shift. About 9 hours to go and I already want a nap!! But I slept all day so I should be good to go.

56 pounds now gone!! Woo Hoo! I either get to wear extremely baggy or very tight jeans, I'm NOT buying new one yet. And seeing how I busted the side out of a pair at work the other day, I should wear the baggy ones!

The old man went shopping last evening, I was impressed with the stuff he bought. The family doesn't low carb, I can't get them to do it!! But he did very well!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/223/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hey everyone. Just checking in. I am trying to say on track. Day 2 is done. We had family in town for the holiday and I lost my mind when it came to food choices. Once I start down that road, it's a slippery slope. I threw all of the crap out as soon as everyone left yesterday. Hope everyone had a good holiday. We had torrential rains the whole weekend, but it didnt stop my crazy family from shooting off fireworks in the rain.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is recovered from the holiday weekend. I did not do too much and did pretty good with food most days. I really want to make some progress this month as I want to get skin removal surgery later this year.

Gibbs- Congrats on the 56lb loss! I remember years ago on the second date with my BF that I was wearing a cute skirt and as soon as I hopped in his car I heard the seam bust. He had to follow behind me all the way back to my apartment in a very large and busy building. The skirt was totally split all the way up the back and my butt was hanging out. Go with the baggy jeans for now!

Michelle- Yay on getting your new frig! I am an ice fanatic and had to pay $$ to get my ice machine repaired. But with temps over 100 it was worth it.

Cfine- Having company can be very hard with the food temptations all around you. You got rid of the food and that is good. I probably would have eaten it all and only then gotten back on plan. So you are headed back in the right direction.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #435
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I finally weighed after all the stuff that happened and I'm 239.0! I'm really happy with that. I ate so much crappy food (not off plan just processed foods) I was nervous. That really made my day.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, MsWoods!!

I have decided that I am going to stop weighing every day and going to maybe once a week or maybe even once per month. I think it's getting to me.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Hi All!

Not really much going on here. Weight is holding steady even with the holiday so I'm happy! Someone even asked me if I'd lost more weight over the last couple of weeks, so maybe my toning attempts are working

Congrats Gibbs and Michelle!

Mary, it's been very hot here the last few days as well so I have been sticking to indoor workouts when I can.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Losing a little on the high stress, more illness in my family diet. I'd rather be fat and have everyone healthy. Should find out more at the Doctor this afternoon.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bethany66
Stats: 198/170/140
Start Date: August 2012
I am butting in to this thread! I am renewing my commitment to low carb living again today. I started the program in August of 2012 and by the end of the year I had lost over 30 lbs. In April 2013 I quit smoking and gained back a little. Now I am stalled and bouncing around an unacceptable number because I cannot focus on low carbing. I keep thinking a little ice cream or tortilla chips or "fill in the blanks" won't hurt and I have been so good. That thinking is out today and I am ready to go back to real weight loss. I am cleaning out cupboards today and getting a meal plan in place. NO MORE EXCUSES!!
bethany66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, Bethany66,
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I never realized how the sun and heat really do cut my appetite. The last couple of days with going out in the sun and 100+ degree weather in the afternoons I have eaten just a little during the day and then don't really feel like eating until much later at night.

Michelle- WTG on the weigh in! I try to avoid as much packaged food as I can but when I need to eat it I am glad it is available.

Welcome Bethany66!

Cfine- The scale can be frustrating at times and I try hard to use it as a tool and not become emotionally involved with the number it spits out every morning. Right now I need to weigh every day as a measure and for the accountability it holds me to each day. Later on if I am able to maintain without too much fluctuation I might think about going for it once a week.

Shunsweets- I hope the stressful family health issues are cleared up soon.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Hi everyone! I haven't posted for a bit but have tried to check in on you all. Sounds like everyone is staying on track. I'm holding on too, I'm only weighing once a week but I did start checking for ketosis. I've got a pretty deep color pink going now, (not purple like I want), but I'm happy with it. If I can keep that I know the weight will go eventually, I do feel like my clothes feel different on me so that's something!

I feel good and I'm probably at an ok weight. If I mention that I'm trying to lose a few more pounds people always say "why, you look good and you've kept the weight off", but I say I just want to lose a bit more. Truth be known ( Girls, I'm telling you all this in confidence!), I'm kind of obsessed with hitting the number I want to see on the scale. I've gotten within 4 pounds but then gain 5-8 pounds and have to start again. I really, really want this to be the summer that I hit the magic number!

I keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel! -- Unfortunately, I don't always listen to myself!!
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tweaker!

Frankie, I wish that the heat had that effect on me :-)
Old 07-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! Finally a cooler less humid day here, and no more rain for a few days. time to get in the garden today and get a few things done!

Welcome Bethany!

Shunsweets, I hope everyone is ok!

Frankie, I also weigh every day. Even though I'm mostly on maintenance now I think if I weighed once a week I would play head games with myself -- I'm not weighing until the end of the week, so I can eat this now and then lose it before I weigh! Been there, done that so I weigh to keep myself in line. LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post
I weighed once a week I would play head games with myself -- I'm not weighing until the end of the week, so I can eat this now and then lose it before I weigh! Been there, done that so I weigh to keep myself in line. LOL
Alice- I do the same exact thing if I don't weigh every day. Weighing keeps me accountable EVERY day. I am trying to get away from the behavior of eating too much or the wrong things and then the next day being super restrictive to make up for it. If I do that the binge eating monster wakes up in me. I am working hard on sticking to what I have planned and avoid that roller coaster of pigging out and then restricting.

Tweaker- I hope you get to that magic number!!!

Cfine- When it is that hot I just want to drink and stay cool. When I do eat I want something light or cold.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Frankie - Thanks, I will make it.

I hear you Frankie and Alice about weighing every day. I just said I was weighing once a week but I stepped on the scale this morning (just checking, ya know!) and I was down, so I was happy. Weigh-in is Sunday. I think I'll just keep an eye on it every couple days but will only [B]write[B] my weight in my food journal on Sundays. That should work, don't you think?
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tweaker- I think whatever works best for you! Some people get obsessed by the scale and cannot resist getting on it several times a day and get upset by the number change throughout the day. I think if you use it like any other tool to help you control your weight it is useful. I have gone back and looked at the periods of my weight gain and I do not weigh or log in my foods at all. As if when I don't weigh or log my foods I am not really getting fat! But when I see the reality of the number on the scale and I see exactly what I am eating on a daily basis, I am able to face it and do something to control my weight.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday! I'm enjoying a day off today.

After a week of heavy gardening, some great walks and workouts, I get on the scale and it's up. This is one of the down sides of weighing every day. I know I cannot possibly have gained 2 lbs of fat this week. And after all this work my joints feel swollen, so I know it's water. But I HATE seeing the scale up. We have this Love/Hate relationship with the scale. But it does keep me honest!

I also bought a heart rate monitor this week and used it on my walks. I did learn that I don't have to run to keep my heart rate in the right zone. A fast walk does it just as well, and is easier on my joints!

All in all a good week and I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 319/305/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 1/2/14 for yet another time
It's Sunday, break time at work, munching on a huge generic Slim Jim. Wishing I was at home with the old man, he was gone from Wednesday to Saturday night, I sort of missed him!!

I stepped on the scales a few days ago, 57 gone!! I just love seeing the numbers go down. 've slowed down lately, but the pounds are still leaving, so I'm fine with that. If I'd learn to exercise...that's not going to happen, I'm the first to admit I'm extremely lazy!!

I'm needing some new ideas on food, so I'm off to the recipe board. It seems like it's always the same food, every day. I want something in the crock pot!
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gibbs, good going!

Looks like DH might be in the hospital until Thursday as they need to regulate the coumadin and lower the white blood cell count.