Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
I'm in maintenance mode too Alice. Just sticking to my usual 30 total carbs and 1500-1600 calories and doing fine for right now.
Maintenance is boring but then again diet/diabetes(for me) shouldn't be the focus of my life anyway!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I am in maintenance mode too. The crazy schedules with all the driving is wreaking havoc on my feelings of exhaustion.

DH has a bloot clot behind the right knee, I found out when I arrived today. He was in a lot of pain. They wouldn't let him leave the bed other than to rollover to use the handy little plastic bottle. Tomorrow they are doing a cat scan. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He did start having some solid food today, but really had no appetite. I have tomwork Mon thru Wed and plan to pick him up on Thursday if all goes well and he starts to feel better.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #393
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm so jealous of those of you in maintenance.

If I wouldn't have done this to myself over the winter I would still at least be at a comfortable 204. Meh. I'm just discouraged a little bit today because of how hard I've been working and I'm still not back in the 230's. This week is my week. I have to do it, because next week will be Pre-TOM and TOM and there's just no hope when that comes around hahahahaha.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning everyone...

Me too Michelle but we'll get back down there!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

3.2 weight loss for me this week! Hope everyone is staying cool.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Sorry to hear about your hubby, Mary. Hope he is well soon.

MsWoods, you are doing great. You have been such am inspiration to me. I also had a backslide last year from oct to dec. we are back on track, so lets celebrate that!!

See that cute little dog in my pic? Well, she managed to get into my DD's dark chocolate so she spent the day at the vets office. Little bugger! The sad part was that we made the other one go also and get treated just in case she got into it too. It's been a horrible couple of days. My DD was in a car accident and now has whiplash. She already has medical issues and really didnt need anything on top of it all. The good news is that I've stuck to my eating plan so that has helped me to manage my stress.

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Michelle, re:TOM and TOM, it is only hopeless if you go off your plan. If you stay on plan as if it were any other day, when it is over, you just keep on keeepin on. Then you don't have to start over because you never went off. It is easier to hang on to the wagon than jump off and climb back on.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 322/306/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
I haven't been here in a while, well not on this page. But all is well, still on track, just enjoying the smaller pair of jeans I have on today.

I'm having a rough time making a decision, help me please. Chipotle for lunch? It won't be the same without the beans, but everything else and about 10-12 carbs. Do I want to spend that many on lunch? Will it be as good without the beans? I have to go somewhere and get lunch anyway since I didn't bring anything. It's peer pressure, others from work are going and bringing it back. What to do? What to do??

The more I think about it, Subway salad and 6 carbs sounds much better...
Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Morning All! I dropped just a bit under my 169 today! Even with eating out yesterday. Sis and I went to BWW which is always a good place for me to find good food. I had the parmesan garlic wings and a salad. Yum!

Mary, hope you husband is doing better!

Michelle, hang in there. You can do it! And TOM doesn't have to totally derail you. Preplan a bunch of snacks that are on plan and then you won't feel so bad when you over do it.

ScaleStepper, congrats on the loss!!

Have a great day all!

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gibbs - I would go with the salad. I like to save a few carbs for the evenings which seems to be when I want to snack. Great job on the new jeans!!

Hi Alice. What is BWW? Probably don't have one near me. So nice to go out to eat and not pay in pounds the next day! My daughter and I went to Cracker Barrel but I stuck to bacon and eggs so all was well.

Very hot here. Throwing off my exercise plan but I must be losing a pound each day at work just sweating!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Phranquie
Stats: 325+/149/125/ (5'-3" & 52 yo)
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: Restart: 7/16/12
I have not been posting for a few weeks. Had a major stress eating period for two weeks (caring for terminally ill relative and dealing with the aftermath of her death) and a resulting regain of over 12lbs. I am back on track now but feeling a lot of trepidation at how easily I went off plan and stayed off for two weeks, not wanting to get back on plan but not really even liking what I was eating.

I am back on plan this week and working to get back in the groove with my eating which I had really liked before. I am a bit ashamed of myself for the back sliding which has always been a downfall for me but which I thought was in the past and that it would not effect me this time. Now I know that urge to overeat and eat carbs is likely to always be there lurking in the background if I am not always vigilant with my planned eating, weighing, measuring and recording.

Gibbs- I like to get the Chipotle salad made with meats and veggies and top it off with guacamole. It is very filling and I use salsa as a dressing.

Alice- Congrats on getting to the 60's! I love garlic parmesan wings too. I have even found a good recipe to make them at home.

Michelle- Hang in there! Work as hard as you can this week and know you did your best.

Cfine- I hope the pups were OK. Congrats for sticking to plan and not letting the stress derail you. Last week one or both of my dogs got a hold of two of the Russel Stover sugar free candies. Evidence left with chocolate paw prints and empty wrappers. I watched them like a hawk for any distress thinking that if I eat three of them my gut churns and they are small dogs so what will the sugar alcohols do to them. I don't know how but they were fine, no extra gas and no massive diarrhea, no signs they ate it at all. Even though they are trained to not pilfer food I am careful to keep any treats off that table.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post

Hi Alice. What is BWW? Probably don't have one near me. So nice to go out to eat and not pay in pounds the next day! My daughter and I went to Cracker Barrel but I stuck to bacon and eggs so all was well.
BWW is Buffalo Wild Wings. They have wings and chicken and salads and things. Very yummy and if you choose correctly, very low carb!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

I didn't mean I go off plan during TOM I meant I don't lose weight that week no matter what I do.

I finally broke the 230s and saw 238.4 this morning but the rest of my day has been horriblebso I havenrt been around. Someone slashed my tires last night and it's been non stop hell. I don't even talk to anyone because I don't trust people because things like this happen, and it still happens. I just don't like people.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

I hear you MsWoods. I prefer dogs to most people.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Frankie, the dogs are fine. They were both given charcoal at the vets office and they monitored all day long because it was such a large amount of chocolate. I am a crazy dog mom. Sorry about the binge but glad you are back on track now.

MsWoods, so sorry about your tires. People can be so cruel.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone,
WTG Alice dropping below 169!
Nothing is harder than what you've been through Frankie, good job getting back on plan!
Awesome breaking into 230s Michelle.
Glad your dogs are okay Cfine.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michele- Congrats on getting into the 230's! That really sucks about your tires. People can be so senseless and mean not thinking how vandalism like slashing tires can impact the victim in so many ways. I hope the next few days get much better for you and you don't let the tire incident derail you.

Cfine- Glad your pups are okay. Nobody is ever that happy to see me when I walk in the door as my dogs are. And when I have a crappy day or am sick their snuggles feel so good.

Shunsweets- I like my dogs more than a lot of people I know. And my dogs usually have better manners that a lot of kids I know. I hope you can keep cool the rest of this week. It has been hot here too, I saw the thermometer in my car read 103 yesterday and the forecast is the same for today.
Phranquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone! I totally forgot to post this yesterday but it was my 1 year lowcarbversary!!

When I started I never thought I could do it, but now I don't see how I could ever want to go back to my old way of eating. I've lost 43 lbs, and so many of my health issues have improved. I don't ever want to go back to that!!

Cfine, so glad your dogs are ok. I know how much we love our pets. They are family. We lost our dog over the winter, and just last night our cat passed away. We found out last week he had cancer and it went very quickly.

Michelle, congrats on your loss!!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry to hear that your dog and cat passed away Alice. They really are family members! I have a geriatric cat and an older dog so know I will be facing the same plight soon. Sure wished they lived as long as we do.

Sticking with maintenance but finding I want cool, light foods in this heat. Craving fruit, sherbet and such but hitting the craving with ice cold cucumbers and pickles. So far so good. May make some jello tonight as sometimes that relieves a fruit craving for me.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Alice, so sorry about your kitty!! Congrats on your one year anniversary!

Can anyone say STRESS? I am trying to hold myself together. Instead of bingeing today (which is what I felt like doing) I indulged in a 12oz. Prime rib. So good and it made me feel better. Well, that and some SF chocolate :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are having a big family cookout on the lake tomorrow. It should be fun.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am doing much better with food now that I am back on plan. I have dropped half the weight I gained in my 2 week carbfest.

Alice- Congrats on your one year success. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Animals really are such a part of our families that it is hard to lose one.

Cfine- Great job on avoiding the carbs and heading toward some good protein instead! Have fun at the cookout this weekend.

Shunsweets- Ice cold crispy pickles are a really good alternative to fruit. I even found some sweet ones made with splenda (Mt. Olive brand). I might try some jello this weekend when I want to munch a little sweetness.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!!
The weather finally cooled off a bit so I got out for a 2 mile walk yesterday. And for my efforts the scale is up a pound today For some reason whenever I walk the scale goes up. I can do other exercise and this doesn't happen. Very weird. But I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow.

Frankie, great job getting back on track!

cfine, awesome way to control yourself! Have fun at the lake.

Shunsweets, I love cucumbers and pickles. But I do not like dill pickles. I always can my own in the summer but they have sugar in them, so this year I'm going to try my same recipe but use splenda and see how they come out!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
2 week weight loss down 4.6

Anyone know anything about the dreamfields pasta?

And Sam's has an awesome chicken picatta in their frozen section that is only like 3 carbs per serving- delicious if you bake it in the oven and not the microwave.

Getting camping stuff together- everyoene have a great weekend!

You can never change the beginning- but you can change the ending.
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That chicken piccata sounds yummy! I think I will check it out.

Had a great day at the lake yesterday. I was dreading the heat, but my husbands wonderful family found a spot under two trees. We had a breeze coming off the water and I didn't get hot at all. Lovely day and my grilled burger and hot dogs were yummy.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was low key with lots of movies Saturday and mainly relaxing with the BF yesterday. I am getting ready to plan a road trip and trying to figure out where I want to go. Doing good with food and am really going to work hard to get off the last of the gained weight this week.

Alice- When I exercise my weight goes up too. I am guessing it is water retention to repair used muscles? I wonder why it happens only with walking for you?

Laurie- Congrats on the two week loss, very nice! You must do some research into Dreamfields as there is a lot of controversy about it. Lots of posts over the last few years in the Main Lobby and online. Google Jimmy Moore and Dreamfields.

Cfine- Glad you had such a nice relaxing and LC day at the lake.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Another nice cooler day here, so I got in another 2 mile walk. yay me! Weight holding steady. Still would like to take off another few pounds to have some cushion, but I'm not pushing that.

Laurie, I have used the Dreamfield pasta and I have not noticed any stalls or issues. I did check my blood glucose after eating it and didn't have any big jumps or anything. I really limit how often I eat it though. Probably not more than twice a month, and I have a very small portion. Actually after not eating pasta for so long, I have found that I prefer the taste of spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #417
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondfire
Stats: 227/183/145
testing...
blondfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #418
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello blondfire...welcome
Old 07-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #419
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
Thanks for the info- keep up the good efforts everyone...I did gain a couple pounds after eating the pasta twice in 3 days- I only cooked a half cup but also I was exercising every day for the past 4 days and now I am wondering if that has something to do with it-
frustrating.
Still raining here every single day...so icky out...chickens and dogs in the mud...grrrr. LOL Nuf of that. Have a good nite.
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #420
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm around yall. Just so busy this week. We are going to have a 3 day garage sale at my house starting Thursday and I have to organize it all so I haven't had time to think. That plus I'm still working and we are so busy right now.

I did get a fridge but we have no food in it lol. I've been living off pork rinds. If I eat another one I might throw up. Seriously.