Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
Laurie, everybody is different so you may be able to eat them with no problems. I know a lot of people on the boards eat them with no trouble. I have always just lumped the seeds in with nuts just so I don't over eat. Maybe you could just cut the wine out first and see what happens? Good luck!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Bad day yesterday. No off plan foods just way too much. Couldn't seem to get rid of hunger or find the resolve to stop eating and ignor it. So up a pound this morning and will watch calories as well as carbs closely today. Onward.

I, too, group nuts and seeds together. I can't eat either anymore as they make me break out in hives. I have lots of food intolerances and seem to get more as I age. My mom is the same. She has developed hundreds of allergies in her old age. Hope I'm not headed there but it seems I am on my way.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
The only nut I eat are soynuts. And the only seeds are the really small ones, like sesame, flax, caraway, fennel, celery, chia...mostly for seasoning, but the flax I use ground up and the sesame in the form of tahini. I weigh the tahini and flax meal before using.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
Yes I think it was the wine...and cutting back on the brie and flax seed crackers- back to 222 today and ready to stay motivated- thanks so much for all the support and advice- it is great to have a place to share with people who understand what it is like..
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Morning all, and Welcome newtanya!

It's a beautiful Saturday here. I started out with a good breakfast of greek yogurt, chia seeds, and some walnuts. Then got a 2.5 mile walk in.

Hope everyone has a great day!
astribling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #306
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newtanya
Start Date: April 8 2012
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
I had the best sleep in That I have had in months ! I feel so refreshed and ready for my 5k tomorrow. ( well not ready , but am going to die trying, lol) it's raining lots today so house work it is!
I had an Omelette for break and a black coffee.
Day 5 under 20g of carbs 3 pounds down!
Have a fabulous day!
newtanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with the 5K newtanya. So proud of you getting out there!

Better day for me today. Still holding these last 3 pounds I want back off but bgs good and feeling great. Making meatballs for dinner - yum!
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Newtanya. We have wo chihuahuas and they are the best dogs ever! Can't imagine life without the little yappers.

I finally made it to 210 this morning. That was my Memorial Day goal. So glad to see it. I have had a wonderful day with my hubby. We went to watch my DD run a 5k, went out to lunch, came home and took a nap, went to the movies then the gym and then a quick bite for dinner. It's been a good day.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Welcome Newtanya! and congratulations on the loss.

Cfine - I know I was eating way too many nuts (almonds and macadamias are favorites) so I've stayed away from them this week, I have lost some so I'm going to try not to have any next week either. I love nuts though, what's considered a serving is just a starter for me.

Alice - good for you getting that walk in! I spent the afternoon preparing food for tomorrow, I having my brother and sister-in-law for dinner. I'm having marinated pork tenderloin, cauli-tater salad and cole slaw. I made some biscuits with Quizoid's flour mix and made a rhubarb dump cake for dessert. I was down another .4 today.

Shunsweets - Hang in there.

Good luck to everyone -- keep plugging away!

I have been telling myself often that nothing tastes as good as getting to my goal will feel!

Last edited by Tweaker Geek; 06-08-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laurie, glad you figured it out!

Tweaker, my new favorite is walnuts. They are so tasty . I eat nuts several times per week. I hate it when I have to give them up, but sometimes it's the only way to get the scales moving.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Today I am celebrating 23 months binge free and abstinent thanks to the loving presence of God in my life. I couldn't do this without my loving sponsor, my fellow travelers who do what I do and for all those who picked up my phone call or went to a mtg, all examples of God working in our lives. Thank you
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/170/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
Took a long hike up to an abandoned mining town yesterday with baby on back. Sore and tired. I was ravenous afterwards and totally caved. I ate 3 pieces of pizza, which I haven't done since October I'm going back on induction for 7 days starting today.

Happy Monday everyone!
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning
Good weekend for me, love reading all your posts
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Marymary on controlling the binges. You have found what works for you!

Snow dancer - exercise always makes me super hungry too. Welcome back to induction. I seem to live there lol. You will do great.

Went out for our monthly family dinner last night. Did well with a bacon cheeseburger, no bun, and broccoli at Applebees. No change in weight or bg this morning so at least I'm stable.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adiasmc1
Stats: 5'1" - 193/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Hey everyone, just checking in. I am really struggling right now, so tired. My husband has been so sick and basically out of it and work is really tough right now, a lot of stress from my admin. Thank goodness my son is such a good kid. I mean he is 4, and it is hard on top of everything else, but he is such a good kid.

Anyway, I am just really tired and super stressed. I want to cry all the time. My weight is the same, haven't lost, but I haven't been sleeping well at all and have eaten off plan a few meals. I really have to work on not comforting myself with food. I get so exhausted and I just want to eat sugar.

TOM just ended as well and usually the week after I feel better, but ugh, not this week.

Ok, just needed to vent, gonna suck it up and get back to strict on plan and I really need to find a way to exercise, I have been so lazy. I know that will help me with the stress and the weight loss, so I need to get on it. I am just so tired

Ok, enough complaining. Glad everyone seem so to be doing fairly well. Weight loss is always such a struggle. KUTGW everyone!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Jen. You need a hug! I hope your DH feels better soon and your job gets less stressful. Life always seems to throw it at us in multiples. Just do the best you can until things settle down.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Congrats Mary!

Hugs to those who need it.

I'm on plan, was trying to just get through TOM, the worst is over so back on it hardcore. My friend said I looked "skinny" today lol. She shoulda seen me last summer. I'm working on it though.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
I agree, you need a big ol hug Jen !! Things will turn around for you I know and that little 4 yr old blessing you have will help !

Back from camping, no cheats, toms here with pimples on my 52 yr old face lol...and I get to weigh tomorrow morning.
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llisarray View Post

Back from camping, no cheats, toms here with pimples on my 52 yr old face lol...and I get to weigh tomorrow morning.
OMG Don't you hate that! I always figured I would have a break between pimples and wrinkles, but now I have both

Hugs to you Jen. Stress plays havoc with your diet and the rest of your life.

My day went well. Staying on plan, still trying to break that 170 into 169 mark. I'll get there eventually!

Happy Monday all!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jen - Hope hubby is feeling better soon and that you can find exercise as an outlet for your stress and maybe even for your sleep patterns. It really is awful when you don't get a good night's sleep. I had one of those nights last night myself, but feeling good right now.

Today was my weigh in day and I'm pretty happy! I'm down a full 7.6 lbs. since last Monday! I considered 6/3 my official restart day, but by 6/3 I had gained 2.6 since 6/1! I said what the heck was up with that, I think that was water though cause I was down 2.6 on the 4th. This weight thing can drive ya nuts! I hope I can do nearly as well this week - wish me luck!

Good luck to everyone for the week, I try to check in every day. You guys really give me inspiration.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Tweaker! 7.6 lbs in a week is fantastic!

I'm still just down 2 since restarting induction but it has broken the pattern of gaining. I have 3 more to lose to be back to my goal weight which I had been maintaining easily up until recently. I know 3 pounds is nothing and I may be vain but my pants are too tight! Best of all my bgs are staying where they need to be. I'm trying to stay off insulin.

Llisarray and Astribling - I have more wrinkles since I lost weight and yep still an occasional blemish as well. So unfair!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MaryMary-WOW!! Congratulations on your success. That is something to be proud of. I pray continued success for you.

Jen, I'm so sorry that your husband is still sick. I hope things turn around for him soon. Just remember that eating sugar will only cause you temporary comfort, but in the end, you will only feel worse. Your body needs to be healthy for the days ahead. Hugs to you!

I have had a stressful day, but my eating plan has been great! I haven't really had time to eat off plan because I've been too busy taking care of everybody and everything today.

Happy Monday ya'll!!

January-commit-5 pounds lost
February-2.6 pounds lost

My goal is to see Onederland!!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shunsweets - thanks. It isn't being vain at all, it doesn't take much of a gain to feel the difference once you've lost weight. This go-round for me, I had gained only around 8 lbs. since I stopped keeping my food journal and I really felt it. My jeans were tight and I really felt bloated all the time! The last two days my jeans have felt very comfortable!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Happy, Happy, Happy, I made it!! 169.75 this morning!! Never thought I would see the 160's again. Not sure when I saw them last - not as an adult!

This board and group of people are such an encouragement so thanks to all of you!! It's a beautiful day here, and lots to do so I'm going to try to come down from cloud 9 and get on with my day!

Success to all today!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
Congrats Alice !!!!
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
Grrrr...I am still stuck. Guess it was unrealistic expectations after losing 30 lbs in 2 months- the scale has been stuck on 222 to 223 since May 28. Can't I just have a 221?? I want out of the 220's....ok enough whining. But it has been raining here for 10 days straight- so gloomy...feel like I live in seattle...lol..hope everyone else is doing well- love reading all the news. xoxo
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post
Happy, Happy, Happy, I made it!! 169.75 this morning!! Never thought I would see the 160's again. Not sure when I saw them last - not as an adult!

This board and group of people are such an encouragement so thanks to all of you!! It's a beautiful day here, and lots to do so I'm going to try to come down from cloud 9 and get on with my day!

Success to all today!
Great job!

TOM is finally left so I can get back on it. I went to Body Combat last night and it was good. I haven't got to buy groceries this week so I'm struggling a bit there, but hopefully I can make it work.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post

Success to all today!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Good morning everyone,

Ive been AWOL on the meat and egg fast page for a few days, and FINALLY got that darn stall to move. So down nearly 3 pounds!

It wasnt the most exciting 'diet' Ive done, although the food was delicious. It was just that even after eating and felling as full as a tick, there was this sense of not really being statisfied. My first salad was glorious

The experiment also helped me figure out the possible cause of my stall - too many veges, even if they were legal. Im a farmer and I fatten cattle on grass, so I should have figured out that myself before now, but yanno...

Anyway, good to see everyone seems to be still losing, and heres to a loser week to us all
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowdancer79
Stats: 202/170/150 5'8" restart 10.01.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Good morning everyone,

Ive been AWOL on the meat and egg fast page for a few days, and FINALLY got that darn stall to move. So down nearly 3 pounds!

It wasnt the most exciting 'diet' Ive done, although the food was delicious. It was just that even after eating and felling as full as a tick, there was this sense of not really being statisfied. My first salad was glorious

The experiment also helped me figure out the possible cause of my stall - too many veges, even if they were legal. Im a farmer and I fatten cattle on grass, so I should have figured out that myself before now, but yanno...

Anyway, good to see everyone seems to be still losing, and heres to a loser week to us all
I'm on day 2 of just meat and eggs (actually, I did have a few bites of hubby's salad last night). All I've eaten today is 4 HB eggs with salsa and mustard, and 2 cups bulletproof coffee. I don't even feel like eating dinner, but have to cook for the rest of the family. It's awesome!
snowdancer79 is offline   Reply With Quote