Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #2131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Well another weekend come and gone......

Another low key day today Putz around here and putz in the kitchen. Got some lunches and snacks prepped. Oh and the mustard concoction worked like a charm!!! Although the wraps got by the 3rd day anyway so no sense making too many in advance. And by day 4 my salads had grown fur That seemed super fast to me

Going to head on over to pinterest to see if I can find more little tidbit to preprep for the week

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #2132
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I got that potato starch too. started using it today. Also snuck in it into ML yogurt/oatmeals. Not even going to tell him its in there
Old 08-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #2133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Figured I better check in, before someone went & got sad.
It's been a pretty mirky past few days. I've self diagnosed, just earlier today...that I do believe I have what's called Gastroporesis. It's something that type 1's tend to end up with, especially if they've been diabetic for 10 years or more & exhibit other complications. Best understanding I have of it is that the Vagus nerve that helps move chow along in the gut, ends up with it's own form of Neuropathy...similarly to the feets. And, because the gut doesn't choose to move the eats along...the chow~chow essentially sits up on top of the gut & rots...causing one to feel nauseous & like hell has swept over 'em. That's been my deal for the past few days. The gutty feels so horrible...I can't even tell if I'm hungry or not. And, even if I was...I certainly can't throw eats back when I feel nauseous, and like the previous chow hasn't passed the base of my throatage. So, I've lost 9.5 lb.'s since last Thurs-Sunday morning...and I don't even know what since. We know that's temporary though, of course.
While looking into this whole possible sitch, I ran across something called "Dumping Syndrome", and wonder if this could be your deal at all?? It sounds like folk who have had stomach surgeries/bypass's & such experience this sorta deal quite frequently...but regular ole Joe's encounter it too.
What are your thoughts??

Dumping Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Foods to Avoid, and Treatments

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 08-25-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #2134
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I googled your disease you have now and I am not a fan of that at all! I feel like if you had that you would have a nasty taste in your mouth and dragon breath. Is that the case too??? How unpleasant!!! What if you are just eating shakes and blendy foods? Would that help for a few days to do that?

Hmm....not completely sold on my disease. Its pretty good though. Although you did get farther that I did! I can find nothing that fits the bill. It is entirely possible that I created a total new disease! Just sayin

Little A went and stayed the night at a friends house so G and I went to see a more grown up type of movie and had some girl bonding time It is so miserable outside that was the only thing I could fathom doing! Its not so so hot but the humidity.....oh boy!

Well someone is just drained today....going to call it a night! Catch ya later!
Oh and yes I do get to missing you when your gone

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 08-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #2135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick little Ello Matey to my favey fren!!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #2136
Blabbermouth!!!

Your buddy is in a foul mood! Seriously, not sure why but goodness people stay out of my way! And I get to work 12 hours tomorrow...yay me!!! Hopefully that nasty mood subsides by then!

Other than that not too much went on tonight. I did very little

Hows your tummy today?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #2137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no...Loter's gonna knock all the future -get in the way'ers-, like a hurricane tomorrow!! Whoa!! Yeah, that'll be a fun 12 hour stint. NOT!! Why? Why does it have to be 12 hours?? Speaking from ML's heart, likely (possibly)...Just Quit.
I'd be happy to handle the details...just give me the word & we'll end this nonsense.

<---Feeling straight up crappy. The super light chowing and reducing the insulin hits, has caused me to go into the full on diabetic keto acidosis. I had labs done this morning, and within just over an hour, the Endo dude phoned to lay it all on the line for me and tell me I was dangerously acidic...blah, blah. I knew that. Also know how to reverse the course, on my own terms...without the hospitalization someone was trying to gear me towards.
Having a blown out pancreas is just the shitz man. It just is.

Okay, on the flip...I have 3 neato lip glosses I'm really digging, from BBW.

And lets be careful not to take any panoramic views of the house right now...as housekeeping hasn't felt well enough to do her deeds around the diggs. Whatevv.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #2138
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I was wrong, 12 hr shift is tomorrow We are having a resident cookout until 7:30, so by the time we clean it will be like 8:30 before I get home.

Oh lets talk about the castle being dingy! My daughter (A) stayed the night at a girls house Monday night. Well these people just built a house and so of coarse it is perfect and super sparkling clean and no dings in the baseboards or anything. When they dropped A off she decided since the girl and her Mom had never been here she would give them a tour Oh I was fuming! Monday night I took G to a movie since A was gone and we really didn't even pick up the house. I had also ordered a whole mess of makeup and that was strewn all over the kitchen, hadn't vacuumed in 2 days, haven't mopped in a week....you get the picture. Oh I was just mortified! A got an earful!!! Man I was ticked! Maybe that spurred on the super bad mood

On a funner note....
Have you ever sat in one of those massage chairs they have in malls??? I have not. The girls and I went with MIL to the mall tonight and she insisted I try it. She is in them all the time. Good grief! I was punched, poked, squeezed, vibrated and violated!!!! I am not kidding! It was awful! First it starts with your neck I presume, but I am short so where other people might get a nice neck rub I had my temples squeezed! Then it goes to your back and is actually punching you! And rapid fire punching so a person like myself who has a lot of jiggle, well my gosh...what a horrifying show for the poor passerby's!! While that is happening you calves are being squeezed so hard it hurt! And then.......the ultimate in horrifying massage...the punching of the back continues to the seat of the chair and I am getting rammed right in the rear! I mean RIGHT IN THE REAR! I scream and try to escape but my calves are stuck in the death grip of the thing and I am stuck just having to take it up the you know what!!!! Seriously! I am just all sorts of embarrassed and the girls are dying laughing at my while all my fat is giggling and my legs are stuck and they know full well I am being molested to boot! I think it even jiggled something loose cause about 5 minutes after that I had to go pot~ty, like drop the kids at the pool potty

Holy crud, I need a drink!

Last edited by lotus33; 08-27-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #2139
Blabbermouth!!!

So enlighten me so I don't have to go researching.

Why do you become acidic from lack of eats??? I am sure you have explained it to me before but I can't think great right now....I had me temples squeezed remember!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #2140
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew....made it! But just barely! I only had about 35 people RSVP so I thought well with all of us there that would take it to 45 so I bought 120 hot dogs thinking I was good. Nope....ran out! Oh well, next year I will remember when its free food they feast!

putting me feet up now, they are swollen, and going to just play online for a bit. Been watching a lot of youtube about the RA and what to do about it. I sure don't want to go on the meds they make for it!!!! Think about a 6-8 week juice/blendy/raw food cleanse. What ya say? Wanna join in on the fun??
Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #2141
Blabbermouth!!!

Yawwwnnn! Whew long day! Just got home from the last home baseball game, super exciting, won in the last inning, 2 outs with 2 strikes and 3 balls....so it was super fun!

Ok....ttyl!!!

Hope your feeling ok!!! Check in when you can
Old 08-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #2142
Blabbermouth!!!

Well good morning my dear Ninja!

Todays list of important things....in order (kidding)

1-spend more time of my life researching blending vs juicing
2-call in an elder abuse case to the state
3-Frodo's baptism

After that ....not much. Its crap weather so we won't even be able to have one last hurrah in the pool this weekend. Well I will have to get in to clean it and then we are shutting it down. Stupid thing is the second the kids go back to school we are forecast for 80+ all week figures! Haven't been in that pool for 3 weeks I think

Ok, I better get to starting on that little list of things to do....C'ya later alligator !
Old 08-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #2143
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey are you alive over there or what????? I should think if you had landed yourself in the hospital you would have texted so I guess your just busy with real life stuff

So sad.....summer is coming to an end

Going to get all the chores done and then from about 2 on just play outside, try to get in a swim and then shut it down for the season....booohooo!

Had a good day yesterday at baby Frodo's baptism. I actually really enjoy the DB parents, they are interesting and witty and everything he isnt So just to be a turd I always dote on them and fawn over everything they do and then don't even say hi to DB Yeah cause I am spiteful like that Well if he wouldn't be a DB I wouldn't have to be so really it is all his fault

So ML just left.....he had to go to his football practice for the alumni game he is going to be in. Did I mention it is full contact???? Did I also mention it is against the rival school??? Oh and did I mention he is 38 and nowhere near football condition???? AND did I mention that the alumni ages range from fresh out of school to the oldest player this year will be 44??? My goodness.....they are going to kill themselves!

Still no further along on the juicing vs blending. I have that nice blender, I am debating whether I NEED a juicer too I will start my raw or as raw as I can be on Tuesday.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #2144
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Labor Day!!!!

I am feeling super yuck today. Achy all over. Not sure on the why of it, I don't think we ate badly at all, usually that is the thing that sets me over!

Oh ML said he was going to do the 8 weeks of raw with me We will see how that goes! I pinned a whole bunch of fun looking recipes to pull from to keep things interesting. Watched a bunch of vids from that crazy liferegenerator dude on the tube. He actually is full of info once you get past his kooky~hippy~ness

The boys are supposed to start the drive tomorrow! Well weather permitting, its really odd around here with weather these days! Going to get my groceries and get ready for them! Will have lunch ready for the guys. I am not letting them in the house to pee though. They are going to have to use a tree! They are not coming in here with those nasty boots on!

OK...catch ya later!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #2145
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I just couldn't *not* buy a juicer Years and years ago I had an old Jack Lalanne one but it didn't work so hot so I never used it. Got it free when I bought a bread machine if that tells ya anything

I did not do a ton of research other than I wanted a masticating one and then I saw one at Bed Bath and Beyond today so.......I bought it Going to start tomorrow! Got all my stuff sliced and diced and put in bags in the fridge so I should just be able to grab a bag, juice and go! ML is going to start next week. He is headed off to meet up with a buddy in Chicago this weekend and then head on down to a football game so no sense doing juice for 3 days then crap stadium food.. .he will feel super yuck!

OK....first day of school for the littles tomorrow. I am going to bed! TTYL!!!! HOpe your doing ok ......your starting to make me worried!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #2146
Blabbermouth!!!

Man down....man down!!!

Oh I feel like poo!!! I was in bed by 8 last night! After I texted you I went to sleep. My gosh me poor self is not enjoying detoxing at all!!! I ended up caving and taking a muscle relaxer and a pain pill and it still didn't touch it

The boys were at my house at 7:30 this morning Starting the driveway that early...I am sure my neighbors were super happy!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #2147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy Batman...I've missed out on so much!! Some folk have been violated around here while I was gone!! The Driver boys are on premises...there's a new juicer in the mix, visits with the DB's Kewl folks, Frodo's baptism...(couldn't remember his name for a sec, and thought it was Kado )...all kinds of action here!!

Well, it hasn't been -that- lively here. No. It's been a struggle just to get back on me feet. I'm on my way though.

Yes, I do wanna join the cool kids with their juicing!! What's your plan?!
Old 09-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #2148
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Hey Hey Happy Saturday!

Got up early and hit the farmers market. Got a trunk load of fruit and veg Seriously it was a ton! Chillin out here for a minute waiting on G to shower then we are running over to the next town to see about some organizing things. Want to finish up that makeup center so we actually use it! Need some stools to sit on and some baskets or something to organize it. It wont be painted yet but shoot....we can do with out that for a bit.

ML is gone for the weekend so its just us girls. We are just going to fly by the seat of our pants and probably keep the chores to a minimum this weekend.....he can't have all the fun!

Well the juicing is totally disgusting!!! Still haven't figured out a recipe that works. I did do totally raw and all fruit and veg all week though! Last night I did eat a chicken salad sandwich but back at it today. However reconsidering the 100% raw thing. Its very cold New plan will be this. Will have meat only on Sundays since that is the day we have the biggest dinner, the rest of the week I will eat the cooked veg at dinner with the rest of the fams.

6 days vegetarian
75% raw
1 juice daily
1 fruit smoothie daily
Sundays cheat day
supplements daily

Have a super day! TTYL!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #2149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your weekend plans sound fab, as well as your chow plans!!

Are you still gleaning veggies from the co-op, or was the Farmer's market haul in lieu of?

I have a batch of celery , and kale that really need to run in the blender & become my eats for a time. Ewwww!!

Did you do a weigh in...prior to digging into your stellar juicing?

I think I've pretty much gained back every ounce of the 12 pounder loss from last week, and to ensure it...after another stupid therapy appt., yesterday...I seemed to have ended up with a bottom feeder chow choice of those little choco single serve pies. Yes I did.
As a matter of fact...I was so concerned with the clean up that needed to be done all over the front of me...that I overlooked how specks of the pie goodness had shrapneled all over the front interior of the car....and that was discovered & brought to my attention this morning...by the other half.
I should also mention that this event took place not just after the stupid therapy appt, but after also spending an hour shopping and in line at Costco, only to find that the membership dues were over due on the member card...and the cashier wanted to collect an additional $110 from me, on the spot, before proceeding with checking me out.
The membership is actually my Step Ma's. I'm guessing she's decided not to re-up her membership...as they no longer live real near a Costco any longer. My bad for not having taken a look at the card before heading out to shop. So...I ended up bailing on the cart and then headed for the store with pie. Lose!!

We might see high 80's today and throughout the weekend. So, it might be all about squeezing the last bit of pool time in & maybe fire up the Q'er one last time.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #2150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cute little pup flick...

Stuffed Dog Attacks Real Dog - YouTube
Old 09-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #2151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goodmorning!!

Choring today, and givin' the Hunk a haircut, once he returns from church.

Should make some Zucchini soup and another batch of green vile , as I'd like to lose the 9 pounds I've regained...by the end of the day. If only!!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #2152
Blabbermouth!!!

IMAG1337.jpg

Mmmmmm! Totally raw, zucchini noodles and magic bullet sauce was tomato red bell and red onion. Yum!

I actually like the zucchini raw vs cooked....who woulda guessed!

That was a cute pup link! The little Beagle puppy was too young to care....so funny!

Well we girls have been busy! Not sure what is going on but we just have been on the go with project after project! Not exactly what I had in mind but hey....its what happened! I can tell you I have been like an energizer bunny these past two days! The diet is kicking in I guess! Oh made a just totally delicious drink this morning. It was pineapple, carrot, tart cherry extract. Could drink that all day! Now if I could only manage a more veg blend, gotta work up to that I guess!

So what else went down in your world today?
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #2153
Blabbermouth!!!

Howdy! What the haps?? How ya feeling? Still on the mend or are ya back at it?

Well driveway is almost done! Other than that not too too much going on.

Diet is going swimmingly! Loving it actually. Not loving the veg juice, still need to tweak that! I will find something though. Only draw back is there is some strange things goin on in the little girls room! Oh well better out than in right!

I might might think about adding in some sort of work outs. Big MIGHT though

K....I'm out! TTYL
Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #2154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!!

Alllllmost weekend time!! Ready for it!! Doin' pretty fair, just trying to keep up with all the going's on & yet attempt to pace meself too. So far, so good!!

Wowza!! Your Bell~Tomato~Onion sauce sounds Super devine & gourmet!! The piccy makes that dish look downright YUM!! I'm rather shocked that you found it so likey...with it being straight up raw & all!!
That's Awesome!!
Not one bit surprised about the strange developments in the powder. Kinda neat though...in the most disgusting of ways...to be able to see real time changes, so evident.

I have been less than faithful, where the vileness is concerned...but have been chowing pretty cleanly.
So today that looked like;
B: Loaded steamed Broccoli
L: Partially loaded Salad
D: Taco'ish Salad...minus anything resembling a taco.
DeZert: LC ice cream cone...(only 1 this time )

How exciting about the driveway!! That's just gonna be so yay!! How long do you anticipate having to wait, after it's finished, before being able to park on it?

I was just thinking about the *need* to figure out some sorta workout sitch, just earlier today. It was a very -brief- thought...that passed quickly, until you just went & mentioned it.
What's on your menu of possibilities? I should at least get on the recumbent bike here. I'll give it some thought.

I just read that we're expecting temps to start plunging into freezy degrees overnight...like 33*. That sure seems like it happened quickly!!
Are you guys looking at that sorta cool down as well??
Old 09-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #2155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah...how did your pursuit of bar stools go the other day? Did you find anything worthy?
In the interest of comfort on the tush...how would short cushony hassock's work?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #2156
Blabbermouth!!!

Argh.....I accidentally closed out before hitting send....

Well what brilliant~ness did I share and want to make sure you know???? Shoot I don't remember!

Well, made a v-8 type drink today. Was much better than my previous attempts. I blended it though and am just not a fan of blended hard veg. As good of a job as it does it is still a bit grainy and I just don't like it! Blended fruit I am cool with though so go figure. Well I suppose its just because it is softer

Driveway can be driven on after Monday. The city still has some work to do too. We were trying to decided what to do with the little patch of yard left on the side, I said grass, ML said all flower bed Well isnt that a backwards was of thinking! So I am going to let him have this one

Mmmmm I want loaded Broccoli! Sounds yumm~o! What are you throwing in your vile greenies? Are you blending or juicing them?
Old 09-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #2157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hate closing out before sending!! That's a drag!!

Well shawww...who wouldn't prefer fruit shakes to vegg?!

My vile shakes are pretty hardcore , in that they tend to be just Cuke, Lime, Celery, Spinach or Kale and Ginger. I'm using the Ninja to blend them, so as to make use of the entire vegg. I also add in water & sometimes crushed ice.
I donated my -juicer- when I purchased the Ninja. I was just all kinds of mortified at what felt like waste of product...and figured I just probably wouldn't be likely to use it much again.

Are you diggn' yours??

Ha!! On ML getting his own little flower bed!! Hey maybe he could go themey...and plant flowers the color of his fave teams. Oh yeah, and pinwheels with his fave team colors too!!

This eve I shopped out some sorta Garnier Fructis moisturizer, especially for the under eye lineages, for the overnights. This is a relatively new'ish concern of mine and it's just irritating.

Chow today:

1st B: Peach LC Yogurt...with a Banana <--No...shouldn't be messin' with it.
2nd B: Bowl of steamed Broccoli, w/mayo
L: Partially loaded Salad & 2 laughing cow cheeses
D: Mexi'ish Salad
DeZert: LC Vanilla ice cream...and another Banana...mixed into that.

Guess for someone that doesn't have much of a draw towards Banana's...it's probably tough to empathize with that weakness.

Straight whooped this afternoon/evening. I just felt like I had to push & push to make meself do all that needed to be done. Whatevv...will hit the sack early & plan for spryness tomorrow.

How was the day in Lotyland?!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #2158
Blabbermouth!!!

No if your going to cheat and eat a ton of sugar make it count! Eat cake or something not a flippin banana! Gross!

Yes yes now I remember your juicing issues! I totally get it! But the juice tastes much better to me and I did save the pulp when I did a bunch of carrot to use in a carrot cake so ...theres that. However other than some fiber there is probably not much nutrient left to it....may have to rethink that.

Yes! I love the sport them bed! Great idea! Now I am going to have to research that! Hello...pinterest here I come!

Ok...gotta run! At work
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #2159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I knew you wouldn't understand the sinful draw that the banana fest had over me!! In my very loose defense...I was sure to choose -green'ish- ones...in the hopes of experiencing somewhat less highs from it and I did share the last one...that I'd made into the banana ice cream party last night.

Back when I was using the *juicer*...I'd had a thought about putting the pulp to use as well, into some sorta baked muffin or bread loafer...but just didn't end up taking it that far...and found that I'd be more likely to continue to just dump it. Seems like it would be a pretty great idea though & surely would add moistness to the baked item. As to the nutrition value when it's that far mulched up...I don't know.

Today's B: About a half cuppa Cottage & a small nuked Sweet Potato, w/Butter. Noooooo. No, I don't really have any bizz having that either.
The *wants* are kinda ruling & reigning a bit right now. Could be worst though...I could be shootin' heroin & poppin' fully loaded cupcakes w/candy corns stickin' out of 'em.

That Sports themed flower bed action could be some of the 1st ever...(it is a pretty fab idea...really )...so you could be pioneering into new territory & may need to become the primary contributor of piccys, to the Pinterest folk that aren't aware of the greatness yet to come. Then again...we all know how little I pay attention to yards, flowers & the such...maybe tons of peeps are doing this.

Any Fun plans for the weekend?!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #2160
Blabbermouth!!!

Its cold and rainy and I got my warm jammies on and am down for the night! Fave!!

Just finished up with my dinner Big salad and an orange.

Hey I didn't tell you the other day I lost partial sight in my one eye for about an hour. Then it just came back Never had that happen before! Went to the doc today and will have to have an ultrasound of my neck to see if it was a blood clot and go see a Ophthalmologist next week Weird!

Blood pressure was down a bit but only lost about 3 lbs
Closed Thread