Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM   #1981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Been a slow goin' day...but who says it has to be anything other than that?!

I did make the call. That took an hour.
I shook off the burdens I felt over the CT garbage, and now possibly attribute some of my feelings about it to TOM.

Knocked out some basics around here, but fully avoided the vile green makings.
Yeah, instead...I chowed on pizza. Although I did leave the -majority- of the crustage behind.

I guess it's java time...and see if that doesn't spark some enthusiasm to go sparkle the powders.

Whatchoo up to?!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #1982
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Wait....what call? You called CT and had like an actual convo with her??? I think you are fine with whatever you said in private to the hunk, whatever you are feeling is fine and valid. The thing is with a CT we have learned to be so guarded and always waiting for the catch or the manipulation that even if they are doing something just to be nice we are always on edge waiting, waiting, waiting for the real reason. Maybe there isn't one, history usually suggests there is though, we just need to wait for it. So if you had a moment....you had a moment....whatev! Its fine. Don't waste a single second on worrying about it!! Really!

Must be in the air anyway! Everyone around here is on the verge of full meltdowns too!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #1983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are totally right on with your assessment of the CT vs. Guard up all the time bizz. Exactly right. The whole thing. And yes, of course there is an agenda. Of course!! In this case I believe it to be just using whatever successful methods in order to gain access to yours truly. So it turns out to be the kids and chow. Otherwise, I've got it completely cut off.

The phone call was to Pop & step Ma. It's been about 2.5 years since I called them. ALL of our contact has been just through emails, as that is my preference anymore. However she'd reached out by phone a week + ago...and I finally felt guilted enough in not responding in kind, that I just busted it out this morning. Also, I -always- hook my Dad up for Father's Day...except this time, as I've just been so mirked out, that I didn't get anything put together in time to ship out.

So, blah-blah fam stuff is always just so potentially loaded with opportunities for drama & I just try to avoid being available for it all.

Oh no for the MD's trying to go down in your neck of the woods too. Maybe the full moon has everyone wonked out. I don't actually buy that for a second...but I've heard others refer to it as being the prob source.

Any plans for your tomorrow?
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #1984
Blabbermouth!!!

Eh..pretty low key day yesterday. ML was in a funk so we laid low. He had a lady at work that is due Aug 1, and she came in sat morning saying the baby was awfully still. ML sent her to go to the redi med. She went and they sent her to the ER. Baby was gone. She was induced that afternoon and as of tonight at like 8 still hadn't delivered I just don't understand why the doc would let her go this long. Seems just cruel. Laboring for over 48 hrs just prolonging the awful outcome. Knock the poor girl out and take it for her.

Then ya know how they say it comes in 3's? My big boss got in a terrible motorcycle accident and crushed a leg. He is in the hospital still. The third thing, there was a dirt bike show/exhibit thing here this weekend and a 23 year old boy was killed on the coarse. He was a very good friend of one of the maint boys at work So sad

So there are my 3 things!

On a good note the cousin that had the preemie gets to come home tomorrow. He is on a feeding tube still, lazy boy! He still can't figure out how to eat and breathe at the same time

The pool is officially open! Been in it twice. You been in yours yet??

I have lots of strange family things to tell ya about...but uhg....I need more time! Gotta head to bed!

See ya tomorrow!

Last edited by lotus33; 06-16-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #1985
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh shoot one more quickie thing......got a call from a nutritionist today. Apparently my doc made a referral for me to see one. So...I am seeing one on Wed
Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #1986
Blabbermouth!!!

Well holy crimini! One of my maint guys landed himself in the hospital now. Got admitted last night. Can't get his BP lower than like 195/130 He failed his stress test too so they are putting in stents tomorrow. Goodness gracious whats going on around here?!?!?

I am just

Whats goin down in the Hood?
Old 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #1987
Blabbermouth!!!

Well the day is done, I am spent!

I sometimes feel like I want to be an alcoholic

Went swimming again tonight. I run in a circle for 20 minutes. Half frontwards and half backwards. Its so amazing running in the water, things bounce in slow motion so it doesn't hurt anything and you feel very young! Its like an old episode of baywatch right in my own backyard!! Well wasn't that a lovely image to implant in your brain Your welcome!!!

The chair comes tomorrow. Then tomorrow night I have MCT coming over. Not sure if maybe I said that already or not Whatev I am saying it again ML is going down to Detroit to a ball game with his work peeps tomorrow and then he has to teach a class down there the next day so he is just staying in a hotel for the night so it was a good time to have MCT over
Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #1988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha!! I'm sure it's EXACTLY like watchin' Baywatch over there!! EXACTLY!! Funniest thing I ever did read!!

So many things I wanna chat about that you've written!! Please, gimme' a hall pass...and I will ketchup on the soon.

I'm so beat this evening. I'm just gonna dose up, wash up & toss meself into bed.

You have too many wild things going down in your circle right now. Gosh I hope things settle down. Don't be trying to work on completing the next set of three's. No.

Alright...out like a trout. Tomorrow!!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #1989
Blabbermouth!!!

fine! So maybe it was more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngIW7hYXDLA
Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #1990
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh you can surely take a pass...on all of it! Just a whole lotta nonsense going on!

Do you have Amaz*n Prime? I just signed up. I didn't know they had a grocery delivery. Not fresh or meats, but hey if I can get away from grocery shopping so much and just click a button and it is delivered...I'm in!!!! Just did my first order!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #1991
Blabbermouth!!!

MCT just left!!! Got here at 5:30 and stayed till like past 10 What in the world???? She was actually pleasant so it was weird all around! What a new experience

I have not had a chance to tell you about my sister either. Its like the world has just been shook up and set back down and all the pieces are all willy nilly! I don't know if Kitty's funeral got her all emotional or what? She texted me the other day Not sure who gave her my number (guessing MCT which would be why she is in such a good mood now that I think of it ) It was last Friday, asking if we would like to all come over for Fathers Day dinner. Uh yea.....that sounds just super awesome! No thanks! I thanked her for the invitation but said we had plans. So then it was well when can you get together, how about today, how about Monday, how about......blah blah blah. What in the heck???? So I thought to meself.....I suppose after 9 years and a few kids and a husband she has grown up so I told her ...well maybe one day we can get together. Then it was relentless texting from her on a day, time, she would BBQ, come to their house...... I was getting very flustered by the whole hey haven't spoke in 9 years but now its going to be 100 MPH, full throttle, all in! I told her Monday but not at her house. We could meet at my work, so it was a little neutral and the kids could swim. She still wanted us to go to her house for dinner first then swim, I said no we can do pizza at my work. She said great that works. Well that was supposed to be this last Monday. To be honest I did not feel awesome and there was just so much weird going on with all these people we know I was not up for this particular meeting. I texted her and said sorry , I am not feeling well so we will have to reschedule. Then came the barrage of texts back. She was like oh I am sure your not contaigous, lets just meet anyway, my kids are really looking forward to it, I don't have another day off.....blah blah blah. I was like no...I am not up to it. She then wanted me to bring her my kids to play for the afternoon since her girls were really excited about it. Are you out of your mind!!!! Thats a big fat NO!!!! I apologized that her girls were disappointed but no it was not going to happen. Good grief...where is this coming from???? But I did reschedule for the 30th. Now to tell ML....... it may not go very well!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #1992
Blabbermouth!!!

The maint guy is still in the hosp, he had stents put in. He has 5 already and one of them was broken so it was a 3.5 hr surgery instead of like a 30 min thing!
Still cant get the BP to come down either!

ML was able to get that poor lady maternity leave so she will be able to have 6 weeks off.

I think thats all the updates on all the people you don't know but are terribly interested in

Chair came today, its ok. I will snap some pics tomorrow. Its dark now.

ML is pouting and lonely in Detroit. Asked me to call him at 6 am to make sure he is awake Pouting and lonely is cute.....needy and selfish is not cute! I would not like to wake up and call you ML!!!!

but I will....cause I always do everything....and I am not really that mad...shhhhh don't tell
Old 06-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #1993
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey what do we know about Leptin Resistance???? Anything?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #1994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eye~yie~yie!! Too packed full of days and too little of energy to get thru 'em!!
Woke up with another bs crash this morning and more bouncing off of my stupid bed post, trying to get passed me bed.
Just shoveled in some almonds, vile green and some vegg soup. I feel better.
Now it's time to rush around & get ready for a couple lame doc appt.s. Really, what was I thinking...scheduling two appt.s, back to back, starting at 9am? Awful.

I may take the rest of the day off. If so...I should have a good deal of time to get back here & get caught up with me Loterville.

Alrighty Ms. Mighty...see you soon!!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #1995
Blabbermouth!!!

Busy busy!!! What sort of doc appts did ya have? Why the BS crash again?? Sorry you feel yucky but the whole image of you bouncing off your bed make me giggle

Had a most annoying day, really silly people today, plus I was all alone so it was very difficult to keep up! The boss lady took the week off and the other prop mgr took today off as well so the new girl had to go over there to cover. She will be back tomorrow though! Phew!

Sat we have 2 grad parties and then going to go do some pottery with little E and get her foot print on an ornament like we did with little C.

Other than that....not too much going down the rest of the weekend.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #1996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well the day went nothing like I'd planned.
Ummmm...I don't even know where to begin!!
Yeah...many doc appt.s over the past couple few days. Saw the anaconda doc the other day, endo and primary today...plus a trip to get me toe x-rayed. I broke it half way into my eve of fighting yesterday...on some dudes shin/knee, during an exchange of kicks that clashed.

Your days have sure been filled with lots of randomness, huh?!! Especially when ya add in the MCT & a persistent Sister to the mix. Good call on your part to insist that the little pow-wow go down in more neutral territory...and then to feel to also nix the idea entirely when you knew you weren't feeling your best. It's already such a strained sitch...no need to set it up to be extra tough, when you're not feeling well. It concerns me that she would not let up on you, and instead became so pushy/demanding. You're super good about setting boundaries though...so I award you the honorary "I'll flip a switch if you don't back it up, Sister", badge.

I'm throwin' meself to bed. I need to maximize on any rest opps I can get me hands on right now. Seems we're lining up for a big weekend. Ended up with birthday dinner plans w/CT tomorrow, an ALL day tournament out of town on Saturday, and then church/bbq on Sunday. That's just too much for me!! We'll see how much of that I actually partake in.

Check in with ya soon!!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #1997
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww me poor broken ninja!!!!! ^^^ look she even has a high pony!!

I can't believe you kicked someone so hard you broke yourself

How did they fare???

Are you bandaged, or in a walking boot or anything?? Can't do much for toes
Old 06-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #1998
Blabbermouth!!!

So my package of eats showed up! How convenient!!! I am setting up auto deliveries of dog food and looking into some toiletries as well. I want to play since its summer not shop Gotta get creative since I am a working stiff! Thing is the prices are good if not better than going to the store so why not!

ML got recognized by the CEO of HD with a personal email from him!! Saying how proud and happy he was to see the news story of him!! I guess the company has a guy whos only job is to scour the internet for press and then submits the top 5 stories each week and ML was #1

He wanted me to make cookies for the gang to pass on the thanks.....but my new neighbor across the street has a cookie making business so I hired him to do it! He makes delicious cookies so win win for all! Still homemade and yummy ...just not from my home!

ML and I had a mini date night. The kids didn't want to go out to dinner so it was just us. Then we ran to Meijers to get some pool chemicals. I had wandered off and was looking for ML in the store. He was wearing a red shirt so I was looking for that until I realized the store uniform is a red shirt. Well it reminded me of a comic doing a skit about self check outs and it sent me into a full on laughing fit in the middle of the store, wandering around alone looking for a husband. Which in turn struck me as super hilarious so then we added in snorts to the laughter

This is the clip. Oh my gosh I just crack up at him! When I finally found ML I was like....hey those are your clothes and your clothes match the employees clothes so you CAN work here!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf56w3jZNOQ
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #1999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So your Optumus Prime delivery service...I've heard of it...as in the site always tries to prompt me to purchase it...and offer me a discount on my shipping or some such thing.
I wouldn't have ever even thought about them delivering groceries!!
What's the dealio that you got in on? You pay how much for them to cover what? Sounds like some sort of score!!

Your shopping trip to Meijers was just a crack up!! I can totally picture that whole thing!! When you mention Meijers...(which we don't have here in our neck of the woods )...it reminds me of way back when you thought I was trying to be all formal & fancy, by referring to it as Fred Meyer's...when truth is; we're talking about two totally diff stores all together!!
Funny comic strip!! That guy is a hoot!!

Totally can't imagine the Little's lettin' you guys mosey out to chow without them!! Like I would never pass up an opp to go get my eat on!! It's hard to imagine anyone just being -meh...nah-.
Yay for the mini dateage!!

The high ponytailed-crutch girl had me fully LOL'ing!! That's pretty darn close!! If we could just pack her with an additional 100 lb.'s and a Mrs. Roper moo-moo, done in green acres style...we'd have an identical match!!
So yepp, I was fitted with a tall, knee high transformer style boot.
Talk about serious overkill!!
The other fighter fared fine...in that he's a full sized dude and it was my toe VS. his knee or shin. He hurt at the time...but I bet all he has is a bruise from the clash.
The fighting we adults get into is much more aggressive that anything we exchange with the kids, of course. And actually not all of the adults are heavier hitters. Some are even down right timid, and seem to cringe at the idea of making contact with their opponent.
I was trained with and by a bunch of brut men folk...and so naturally have a thirst for a heavier exchange. <---Not a wimp.

It's been all kinds of festive here today!! Lot's O' fun birthday wishes from the students, cards, and pizza chows. The Hunk surprised me with a new lap top & has just transferred all the important stuff from the oldie onto a chip. Apparently I need to close up shop here & let him install the goods onto this new guy.

I'll touch base once we return from the tournament tomorrow!!
Have a super one!!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #2000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peek-a-boo!!

Just a quick smidge, before gettin' my hustle on to get ready.

I forgot to mention how proud I am of your ML, for being such an outstanding/upright guy. I'm not surprised one bit to hear that the CEO'age has paused to recognize him. I bet that note did his heart good. And see...he's just such a great person & so thoughtful, that his next thought was to pass along & share the feeling of Awesome, with his co-workers.
What a Great idea to farm out the cookie baking to the neighbor!! I bet he was all kinds of stoked to have landed that gig, and what a compliment to have his yummies be so well liked, that they're being ordered up for such an occasion. The request probably made his day!!

Really happy with this lap top. My other one was quite literally falling apart at the hinges, the battery would no longer hold a charge...at all, and the frame around the monitor was busting off in chunks. Not to mention that some of the keys were trying to opt out!!
I would have continued to use that old boy though, until there was just no way to. That was my plan!! Anyhow...I'm really enjoying this new one!!

So, off to the tournament here soon. We have some of our students going down to it as spectators...having never seen one before...and then one 9 yr. old boy, who will be competing.
Rob may let them use him as a judge...but with me busted toe...I think I'll just zero in on a bleacher seat & kick me foot up.

What's your planaroo for the day?!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #2001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Baaaa---aaaack!!

Pretty Fun afternoon!! A handful of student fams came out to check out the tourny today, and have been inspired to partake in the next one.

Our little contender fellow did real well, taking 1st place in creative forms, 3rd in traditional forms and 1st place in fighting. All-n-all, a real fun experience.

Hunkie & I went out to lunch at Baja Fresh, for some mexi goodness.
Returned home & collapsed into a couple hour carb nap.

What did you do today?
Old 06-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #2002
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm such an awful friend!!! I can't believe I missed your birthday If I recall......it was entering a new decade as well right? In my defense you know I am awful at birthdays.....I prefer to skip right past em!
Anyway...

^^^ can you believe I found that!?

So glad me gimpy little buddy had a great time at the tourney! Did the Hunk participate????

Yay for the little boy that did so great!!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #2003
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh jeesh I did lots today, but lots still to do!

Ran to the store, rearranged the kit cupboards on a whim.....who knows! Was TOTALLY NOT on the to do's for anytime soon but whatev....I just did it

Swam for a bit, gave all dogs baths and cut Jack's hair. Started to prep for tomorrows dinner. We ended up with dinner plans. Remember OOWH??? He is working and will be gone for a month on an assignment. His wifey wanted a get together before he left so they are coming over for eats and swimming tomorrow. I am going to have to bust a move when I get home!!!

Better hit the sack so I can get up with energy tomorrow!! HA! As if that would ever happen!!!!! I can sleep 12 hrs and still be tired!

Catch ya on the flip!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #2004
Blabbermouth!!!

headed to bed! Had a fun night with the peeps that come over.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #2005
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey.....where are ya? You didn't break anything else did you??

Actually a pretty mundane day today.

Work was work, had leftovers, went for an hour walk, half hour swim, now watching a movie. Perfect boring day!

First shipment of dog food showed up today! I am really gonna like this!! So much nicer than lugging 40 lbs of food home from the store

The new girl is on her last leg. She just can't get it together and be professional.....at all! Now we have a complaint from one of the residents that she is flirting with her husband Crikey! She def did not mean it! However since she is terrible at boundaries she must have crossed the line at some point!

Will have to deal with that tomorrow

So whats the happs around here??
Old 06-24-2014, 08:13 PM   #2006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, YO!!

I've been hanging on the down low with a bad reaction to a new dope.
It's really been just down right awful. This dope is called Cymbalta. I was prescribed it by the Endo, for Neuropathy...which is the burning nerve damage feeling in the feets, because of the high bs.
It's also prescribed to peeps for Fibromialgia, some sort of muscloskelital ish, and anxiety/depression.
The stuff is a nitemare. Aside from the horrible on-going headache, and powerful nausea...it's also tweakd me mind. Not really sure how to explain the ordeal...but I can tell ya it's what I'd imagine a really bad drug trip would be like. So...that's not gonna keep happening!!

Whoa boy...does Ms. No Boundaries have any clue that she's losing favor with her co-workers? What an uncomfortable sitch!!

Wow!! Good for you on being such a hard core worker-outter!!

What a score on the heavy pup kibble arriving right at your door!! That's the way to do it!!

I still feel soooooo yuck. I'm gonna head to bed.

Ketchup soon!!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #2007
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh dear! What a no fun sitch!!! Is it normal to have that happen when you first start?? Will it go away? Jeeze if it doesn't you just cant be all loopy all day!!!

How is your foot feeling anyhow???

Went shopping tonight. Not even sure what I got will fit....I hate trying stuff on! Bought ML a couple of birthday things too. He is sure having a rough time this week He is so depressed I think I told you about me throwing a surprise 30th for him didn't I?? Well anyway had a huge surprise party, found all sorts of old high school buddies and work mates and whatever. Tons of people, had it at the lake, rented a big pavilion, had volleyball games going on and horseshoes, Euchre tournaments, you name it, I had it. About an hour in his grandma was playing cards and she just got super funny and starting slumping over, has a massive stroke and never woke up. Died 2 days later. Poor guy, it was awful. Anyway he is so stressed about some stuff at work, this day always upsets him, that baby is really bugging him, he is just having an all around rough time. My poor guy
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #2008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, poor ML. That does sound like a stressful combo of a bunch of sad sitchies being lumped on top of one another. That's so hard.
Yepp, I totally remember you describing that Birthday party. It sounds like it was really set up to be the party of the century. Great planning on your part!! What awful timing for his Gram to go out.

So what did you come home with from your shopping trip? Tops/Bottoms? Standard Lotywear...or did you venture into other territory?

The dope, from what I've now read on some message boards, is a heavy duty med that really messes peeps up...especially when they try to discontinue it. It's been compared to being worst than trying to come off heroin. What?! So, no, I'm not gonna stick with that nonsense. I was on it for just a couple days...and that was more than enough for me.

Toe/foot is doing real well. The swelling has decreased quite a bit, and it's not much of a prob to wear real shoes again.

CT came by the school this afternoon & wanted to get hooked up with a trial membership to the gym we're connected to. So, I helped her through the process & then stayed on to do some stationary biking, while she did treadmilling and biking. I had my phone with me, so as to watch Rob's classes "live", in case it looked like he could use some back-up. He didn't seem to need any assistance, until the Adult class...so I stayed on that bike for THREE hours!! Who do you think is going to be hating life tomorrow?!
And I'm gonna bet that when I hear from CT next, I'll find that she isn't even able to leave her house...do to the pain factor she'll discover tomorrow.

Got a little extra daring with me polish this eve. The pretty pink was just starting to chip on some of the ends...so I used black polish on the tips of all of them...just like a french style mani. Oooooh, cool lookin'!!

How's baby B doing, now that he's home?

And what about the maintenance guy who was in the hospital? How's he coming along?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #2009
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh......we be friends so long I'm starting to repeat meself huh???? Oh well! He is in a little better mood today, well until I dumped on him that my once a month card party is going to be held at Lotyville Well that sent him into all sorts of a tailspin!!!! None of these people have ever been here before so apparently he is concerned about all the *half done~ish~ness* around the homestead Uh yeah ML.....cause we are seriously the ONLY people in the world to have a half done project get a grip buddy! I was trying to be nice and let the guy from work have the clubhouse for his kids birthday tomorrow, its not a big deal since it is summer to have the card party here. We will sit outside anyway.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #2010
Blabbermouth!!!

3 hrs on a bike on a broken toe?????????:notwrth y:Hows it going today??? Sore ? IS CT soar as well?