Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #1891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
Start Date: 9/20/2001
So, we had to trek the Firebird down to the DMV today, in order to register it. We've had it for 10 years now, but because it's been in -project- status this whole time...just didn't see a need. We decided that I'd follow behind the Hunk, driving the Explorer, so as to run blocker for any coppage action he might run into, with not having plates.
As we were on our last leg of the trip...the Firebird lost pieces of the drive shaft, out the back, and under the Explorer.
The Hunk managed to limp it along the rest of the way to the DMV, where we parked it, and then headed back to where the little bits of carnage layed out in the road.
We took care of all our DMV bizz & then hauled the car home by way of AAA towing.
Thankfully it'll be an easy fix to repair the drive shaft.

Hunkie discovered he lost $6.00, out of a pair of jeans that have a hole in the pocket. I swear that he could not have bought anything with that $6.00 that would have brought him as much joy as losing it did, and reveling in the idea that someone was gonna happen upon it & maybe become stoked over their find. He really is just super cool like that.

We popped over to Sonic's for messy double cheeseburgers for lunchies.
Took a hefty nap when we got back home...and then chored. Still choring actually. I've got 2 loads of laundries processing.

Loaded mexi-burritos for dinn. Yum!!

No, no wedding photo have ever hung in our house. Ummm, actually no peep photos in here at all. Like you, we just don't.

Wow, you did end up with a full load over at your homestead!!
So nice of your Aunt to keep you in mind for some of Kitty's items she thought you'd enjoy.

So being a part of bringing life into the world hasn't rubbed any major edges off the DB, huh? Sounds like he's just a DB thru & thru to the core.

I'm goin' over to check out our funny boys right now!! Thank you for sharing!! Need a good dose of them & Sal.

I hear ya on wanting to bail from the current work sitch, back to your old sitch. I wanna do that too...on the daily.

Friday, Dec. 5th , 2014 = 182.5

Friday, Dec. 12th , 2014 =

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-19-2014 at 08:50 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #1892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh such a lame, irritating, exhausting afternoon.
I tell ya, screaming little boys who also whine like little babies, are just at the very top of my rager list. Add to that, a sibling toddler; screaming & crying and you've got one bent outta shape Hood.

While I'm on this rant...I'd like to add that the sloppy looking Donald Sutherland fellow; who insisted on taking up our time as we were headed out the door for home, and wanted us to sell him a red belt, because it would match his outfit...was just extra icing.
He had the brass to tell me he understood perfectly well how one progresses from belt to belt and had no interest in it....to just sell him the red belt.
Fat chance of that happening Mr. Man.

The cherry on top was a visit from CT, right as we'd came in thru the door. Irritating!!

I guess that's about all.

How was your day?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #1893
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
I had a very clever and witty note all typed up....and I am so clever and witty I made it disappear!

I always feel silly trying to redo my own posts...even though you didn't see the original
Old 05-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #1894
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Howdy!!

Yepp, I'm gonna guess that earlier post was just filled to the max with cleverness & wittydoms. Busting at the seams with it, probably.
That's okay, I get it...once it's been put together & then floats off on it's own...it's just plain irritating to have to attempt to circle back around to it. Totally get it.

Ahhhh, Wednesday. Glad it's not Monday...but gosh darnitt...this still feels kinda far from Friday!!

How's it be over yonder?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #1895
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok well here goes....a synopsis of the witty one

I too dislike whiny children! Or people in general for that matter! i can assure you the littles are not!!!

I can not believe that dude had the guts to just say he wants to buy a belt! what a nimrod!

What in the heck!!! How nuts about the firebird and your adventures going to the DMV! Funny you had his back so the police didn't catch your man!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #1896
Blabbermouth!!!

Took MCT out for Mothers day dinner tonight....better late than never!

Got my bid for the drive in Good grief!!! $6400! Woof!

Got my little picket fence in that I ordered. It is 24 inches high and is fitted with small wire mesh to keep the dang rabbits out of my garden!!! I am going to move all the roses together and fence them in so they aren't eaten! Good project for this weekend!

Umm....nothing much else exciting. How bout you??
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #1897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh your garden project for this weekend sounds good!! The little fence sounds just darling too!!
Gonna need some piccy's on all that action.

Well Holy smokes on the drive way cost!! Like Geemaneeze!! I don't know a thing about that kinda stuff...as I would guess maybe $2500'ish or so.
How about we counter their bid, with mine?!

Very generous of you to not only take your MCT to dinner, but to actually carve out visit time as well. You get like 10 bonus points for that one.
The CT over here is lucky if I make meself available for her brief stop ins to grab the kids for a walk. Much of the time anymore, I just bail into another room, & leave the Hunk to deal with her.
I figure I'm doing her & I both a fat favor with that. My resources are already so tapped out, just in all the other interactions that go down in my day...I certainly can't really spare extra tolerance for just more of her nonsense.

In other news...we're ordering up a 4ft & an almost 6ft fight simulator, for the school. So excited, as these can really take some serious abuse. The students will just go nuts over them...as they can tackle 'em & easily pop them back up.

Gonna go throw meself to bed & try again tomorrow.
Ketchup soon!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fight Simulator.JPG (10.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #1898
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, I meant to ask...how are all the babies??
Did you hear as to the friends/fam response for help for baby B's fam?
Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #1899
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh well goodness....babies...

Well little B is doing fantastic! He is up to almost 6lbs!! Still having trouble breathing but is feeding, keeping his temp up, and growing like crazy! I haven't heard about any $$ coming in yet for them.

Ka announced she quit her job to stay home with C My BIL is so happy! The baby is doing great.

SIL/DB Oh do you know people who are super book smart but can't find their way out of a wet paper bag?? Thats them! The baby is having a really hard time gaining weight. Like instead of .5-1 oz a day she is 2oz a week. The doc is concerned and has them feeding her every 2 hrs. When they were here this weekend and I watched SIL feeding her I was like -Oh thats why she wont gain weight! She doesn't leave the bottle in her mouth more that 4 sec at a time. Seriously. The baby can't even latch onto it. SIL sees any bit of dribble and pulls it out to wipe her face. Plus E doesn't like the bottles. Its pretty apparent. I didn't say anything but I did ask if maybe they had tried other bottles. Reply-oh no! This one has the best reviews online. Well a whole lot of good a review does....she hates it! Whatev!

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210, Nov 1~207
Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #1900
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwe, so good to hear about B & C.

What a shame for E, that her folk are too brilliant to take a word of advice from folks who've been around the bend before them.

Eyeyieyie...one more day with the screaming maniacs ...and then weekend time.
By the looks of both the front & back yards...we'll be *working* during the days off. Whatevvv. For as much as I don't love yardwork...I will take it over those screaming beasts.

Are you guys planning on doing anything particularly festive for Memorial Day? Do you & ML get Monday off?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #1901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, have you began your ingest, of your progest?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #1902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here ye~Here ye...I'm not feelin' *Fun Friday*. No, I'm not.
I watched the clock tick away allllll night, and I just feel spent...especially where loud boys are concerned.

I need to work my way outta this crusty mood, as it's just gonna contribute to a worst/more difficult day otherwise.

So...I guess that's gonna look like throwin' back some java...maybe iced..., cranking some tuneage up...maybe 80's rock... and adding some ridiculous hairdo flair for some pop.

That's the plan, Man.

I hope your day is easy~cheesy.
Ketchup soon!!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #1903
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Oh yeah, have you began your ingest, of your progest?
Yes, on day 3. I just laughed and laughed reading the side effects. My choices are..either have no period or take the pill and get a period, and greater risk of heart attack, stroke, blood clots.... This is a lose situation for me isn't it!?

Argh...my day was so dumb! I will tell you about it tomorrow, I am just sick of even thinking about work today!

Hope you pulled outta your nasty mood
Old 05-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #1904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh man...what a trying day.
I did indeed (mostly) snap outta my crap mood...with a gooood deal of effort...only to walk into a couple hours of over the top irritations at the school...namely the younger siblings of our students, who were just packed in our lobby area this afternoon.
I had some office work I was trying to accomplish; but was continuously interrupted by the little darlings...whose mothers fail to parent them when I'm in the vicinity. Stupid!!
Ahhh yes, somebody needs to decompress...set this all aside & revisit the issue another time.

On a funner note...I had a really fun time in class with the adults tonight. It was just a handful of cool dudes...learning self defense moves & breaking boards. Fun!!

I hear ya on weighing the risks of taking the meds, to supposedly protect ya from junk, only to wonder if you aren't adding additional health risks, by *treating* the original ish.
So with taking this pill, is it the sort of deal where you will be able to expect Tom to come along on a real schedule?

Chowed on pizza for eats tonight. One of these days I need to re-apply my efforts towards that *whole foods* diet & see if that Ninja still works.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #1905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! Happy Saturday!!

I -was- gonna channel me inner Loty & get right out to the side and front yard, and dig into those weeds. Until I came out into the living room and kitch, and saw all the work that would be just sittin' here waitin' for me, once I finished up on the exterior...and thought...nahhhhh.

So, change O' plans...I'll focus first on the interior and then re-evaluate the energies for the exterior.

The Hunk left out for breakie with the bible boys. I know that yard work is at the top of his agenda for the day...so maybe I'll join in later and invite the kids out for a whole fam event.

What's goin' on over yonder today?
Old 05-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #1906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The diggs are sparkling (Ha!! Right!! Or it's as cleaned as it's gonna get today).
And, we've fully moved into yard work mode. I despise it as much or more than I ever have.
Really, I recall getting yard duty back when I was a kid...and thinking, "When I grow up, I will never do this again." Of course I didn't realize that I'd have had to consider making provisions for such a convenience...like hiring out to have it done, as -someone- has to do it. So, here I am...all these years later...still doing this. Clearly I could have bigger ish'es , but this is the annoying one of the afternoon.

Back at it... <---Me attempting to weed out the strawberry patch.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #1907
Blabbermouth!!!

Isn't that funny! I was coming on here to tell you what a great day I had! Went to 2 garden nurseries, bought a whole bunch of new plants for the front bed in front of the house. You know I redid that last year and 3/4 of it died A LOT of stuff around town died this year! Too many -10 plus days! Usually the ground freezes like 2 feet, this year it went 8 ft deep so it froze all the root systems of things. Well thats what I have been told anyway!

So I redid the whole front, I think I like it. I will get some mulch in it this year and then maybe next year I will rock it. Or......maybe I will take my chances and rock it this year....who knows!

I was smart and didn't do too many like things. Or if they are like things they are easily replaced if one dies.

Got this beauty for the centerpiece, when she is all grown up it will be We named her Kitty

Last edited by lotus33; 05-24-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #1908
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey is your pool up and running??

I am going to need pics of the whole yard! Front, back, sides.....you name it. I think we need a game plan for you!

I think you and I should have similar back yards! I plan on just about rocking the entire thing! I do have a crapload.....and I mean a crap load of things coming in the mail to plant back there but it will be around the perimeter I think. Trying to find and interesting way to seriously rock the whole back
Old 05-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #1909
Blabbermouth!!!

See the little weeping japanese maple there in the middle? I left lots of room around her empty for when she is big

Now to mulch.....and I think I will like it. But.....we know how that goes. It may be all different next year

Oh when we put in the driveway, I think we are on their schedule for August, we are putting a brick walkway in leading to the back gate. So all that dead grass on the edge of that bed will be a path

front yard.jpg

Last edited by lotus33; 05-24-2014 at 09:44 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #1910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your yard areas look totally FAB!! I really love your new Kitty centerpiece too!! You done Good work!!

Yes, I should post up some piccy's of this dives yardage areas!! I could certainly use some suggestions from the pro!!

Yepp the pool is pretty much just waiting on us to feel hot enough to brave it!! However 75* and cloudy is not hot enough. Chemical wise though...it is perf.
What about you guys? When will you be looking to divie in?

Jetted outta here for church this morning. Walked in & was just hit with massive adhesive fumes from the new carpet they laid, like 2'ish weeks ago. I sat there, building a quick head ache and gettin' re-ticked off at the yodeling sing songer that had my blood boiling the last time I was there. Really...it's as if she's trying to make sure that she does her opera yodel like a good 10 seconds after each verse of the song...just to be heard. I just fill with rage & fully seeth when I hear her/it.
So, we bailed. And went shopping for BBQ lunch chow.
Took a leisurely fam nap and now I'm contemplating hittin' the java, in order to get something done around here.

What's yer day been like?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-25-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #1911
Blabbermouth!!!

Yo~de~la~le~hoo Oh wait, I'm not done........Le~hoooooooooooo

So funny! Don't ya hate that! I get fixated on things like that too! Every so ofter when we go to a movie I will hear people eating popcorn and then once I hear it....I am done for! Thats all I hear and I get irritated!

What did ya BBQ? We had weird chows tonight. A got invited to a friends, adn MIL stopped over so she ended up taking G out to dinner. ML and I had leftovers at like 8:30 tonight We worked in the yard again all day.

I redid the whole side. Bought those little rabbit fences so *maybe* they wont eat my roses and I can actually see some pretty growth this year!! Inside that fence is all roses. If they ever grow I will snap a pic for you So lots of moving things and rearranging, the only things that are new are those 3 yellow false cypress shrubs.

side yard.jpg

I think I got a rash from being in the sun so much My arms, neck, forehead is all itchy

OHHHHH MMYYYYY GOOOOSHHHHH.........We went to turn on the water and didnt want a repeat of last year and flood the basement. It did it again!!!!!! Not sure if it was just because it was an awful winter or what! It has a frost free spicket on it too However we were able to stop it before it did damage but have to replace that pipe and spicket.....again
Old 05-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #1912
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning sunshine!

I had a terrible night sleep! Woke up super hot! Not the good kind of hot either! We still have fleece sheets on the bed...those babies are going today!!! I was nervous breakdown hot And then there was ML all snug as a bug Then since I was up and irritable anyway my mind got to wondering about the weekends events with the Kaka's (will tell ya bout it later) so I was up planning my full on attack! General Loter reporting to duty!

I'm off in a few minutes to take the cousin to see little B. Which I am happy to do ......any other time I have so much left to do around here and the kids are off from school, it just is not a good day. But.....I am sure there were lots of days that she had other things to do when she helped us out so I am whining to you but then going to go put on my big girl pants and buck up and go with a smile <<<<see? Smiling!

Our pool is still a nasty mess. Haven't started to get it ready yet. Next weekend maybe. Not like it would be getting much use this week anyway!

Ok.....gotta run! Hope you guys have a super day! Your closed right?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #1913
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm soooo tired

Back from little B's pad. He is such a turkey! Being a lazy boy, he could come home if he weren't so lazy! He can't eat and breathe at the same time so he eats but he turns blue. Goofy kid, thats all that is holding him up!

ML should be home in about 45 min and I know he will want to hit it hard and finish up the yard when he gets home. I don't know whether to go sneak in a nap or just bite the bullet and get started.

Nap always wins! Bye!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #1914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A Hello & unfortunately also a Goodnight!!
Yay for it being Wednesday tomorrow!!
Ketchup up more later!!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #1915
Blabbermouth!!!

My goodness where does the time go????

So busy and so stressful at work lately. The boss man was here yesterday and just teased me and the new girl that we were going to jail and then was just like.....I'll take care of it, don't worry anymore about it He really is a good guy!

They fired another prop manager though! She was stealing. Poor guy! She lives in one of the apartments and was sneaking her consumers bill in with the property bills. Dumb! Lost her job over $150 buck a month bill

What else is going on of any interest Hmmm....Well the hormones have done nothing, I have to have biopsies tomorrow done. Physical therapy for my back is a joke. Have to work Sat this week Flower planting time, we get basically a semi truckload of flowers delivered!

Went to my Uncles tonight, he said he had some of Grandma's things for me. Did I tell you about her Precious Moments collection? If I didn't let me know I will. Don't want to be a broken record if I did already

Still mad at the Kaka's. She texted me today asking if I was still mad so I gave it to her They come up this weekend, but stayed at the SIL/DB household. They decided that they just werent telling us or MIL I guess. But both SIL and KA started texting us pics of the babies playing together. So I was like huh....I guess since I am not in the baby club we don't even count anymore. Have a fun weekend. The response was ...oh sorry it was spur of the moment Uh sell me another lie why don't ya!!! You don't travel 2+ hrs with a baby spur of the moment! What sort of fool do they take me for!!! MIL is just crushed! They were literally 30 min from us and didnt bother to call and say hey we are here why don't you come over. And until they became baby BFF's Ka couldnt stand SIL so go figure! Now they have babies me and MIL are out! WHatev! When she texted me today I let her have it!

So the old prop manager gets sentenced tomorrow. That will be interesting. Maybe I will go watch
Old 05-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #1916
Blabbermouth!!!

So I need to talk to your new boss! I feel like your up too late and worked too hard these days!!!! Would you just pass that on for me please?

How many new students this month? Are you happy with the progress so far? Are you getting to a point where your making a little yet?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #1917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy Shizoli!! I feel totally outta many loops!! This may take me a few posts...as there were many things goin' down, that I have wonders about.

Back with more!!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #1918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So...yes, circling back around to the ish with folk and their annoying sing songing = yodeling and popcorn chowing, or any other chowing that can be heard...NOT a Fan of these things!! Not at all!! It's really one of the strongest, rage-iest inducing sitchys I encounter. Apparently you may feel similarly.

Just fully loving your landscapy pictures!! You really have such an eye for organizing in the great outdoors. I hope your new little fencing does the job & protects the goods this go around.

I bet your co-worker folk must really appreciate that you're also involved in the plantings there on the residents grounds.

Did you heal up from your over-sunshine exposure the other day?

Oh dang on the basement trying to flood again!! Unreal!! Good thing you caught it when you did.

Had to run out...so this note took 5 x the amount of time it shoulda hadta, to get posted.

More to come. But you best probably get to bed, and ketchup on the tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #1919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So you took your fleese-ee sheets off? I'd say that must officially mean you guys are into Spring!!
We have a micro-fiber type sheet on the bottom and a flannel top sheet. Not sure how that came about...but it's been that way for......maybe a while.

Sure is generous of you to take the time to help B's Mom with transportation to see him. I bet she just thinks the world of you for it, especially as she must know that you're also very busy juggling a bo-zillion other things. Such a nice way to be able to reciprocate.
Tell little B to get movin' on his multi-tasking...breath/chow/breath/chow.

Yepper's we took Memorial Day OFF!! I decided we'd go with the flow, of taking all Federal Holidays off.
I don't recall now what we did...probably notta-lotta.

Big Boss Man sounds like an alright kinda guy. So Glad that he's chosen to handle this experience by offering his peeps plenty of mercy & grace. It sounds like he must really -get it-, and wants to convey that to you both. That's a Good Fella.

That is just such crazyness that another prop manager was caught runnin' dirty!! Corrupt!! Geez...that just seems so short sighted, and not what ya think to expect from a grown adult!!

So, biopsies tomorrow? Will this be a similar process as a scoot down visit, or is it a whole different deal altogether?
I sure hope they come up with some answers for you.

Bogus about the waste of time PT for the back issues. I never got a thing out of that for mine either.

Nope, I didn't get to hear about the Precious Moments collection!! It sounds like it would totally be right up your alley though. Tell me about it!!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #1920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So interesting that SIL & KA have chummed up over their new found similarity. I guess I wouldn't have seen that coming, at all. Lots of shifting around in the fam dynamics.
Poor MIL, to have felt slighted out of a visit with a new Little.
I'd reckon if it wasn't clear to SIL & KA before, how their actions may have came across as insensitive to the rest of the fam...it probably was made pretty clear from your text.
Something Loter is real good at...setting boundaries and letting folk know when they're crossing the line.

Oh goodness, I wanna go watch the court scene unravel with you tomorrow, too!! Would love to be a fly on the wall!!

I will convey your dissatisfaction with the hours I'm keepin', with the boss folk around here...forsure, and I agree.

And on that note...I'm about to be left behind, as the rest of the household is venturing off to bed.

A quick note about today; I got to beat up a handful of little punks...one of which may have ran his mouth straight into my glove......ooop's, and got to show a grown tough guy what it's like to fight a "Feisty" June. Good times!!

Okay, gotta roll!! Chat it up tomorrow!!
Closed Thread