Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #1861
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Oh my gosh I just you!!! That punk still got your goat huh??? Isn't if funny what things flat out can get our dander up??? Like A's friends brother calling me fat.....little punk! He is still on my list!

Show the little punk a pic of this.......tell him its your Mom and now don't you think my makeup looks great!?

lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #1862
Blabbermouth!!!

What in the heck is it about salons and things that gets ya? Just the crowds? Smells? Sometimes the nail salon stinks!!! I havent had my nails done in .........well I don't remember!

Lots of irritants at work today People being dumb, just dumb! Like one guy moved out 2 months ago but still pays the rent so we didn't really know he was gone. He forgot to pay the electric bill and maint guys went in his apt today to do some work and woof! The smell! He didn't empty the fridge or freezer and now its a box of pure rot and grossness I called him and he was like...oh yeah I forgot.

Actually it was such a dumb day the boss lady and I just said forget it.....we are leaving and goin out for lunch! First time we have ever left that place since we have gotten there! We went and had the best lunch! Then ML wanted to go for italian tonight I didn't want to tell him we went out to lunch. He was off today he would have been sad we didn't invite him! I ate about 4 bites of dinner and brought the rest home. I am still so stuffed from lunch!

I think I will just roll myself to bed! ML went on his man~date and usually I would stay up and play online but I am just tuckered right out! Maybe I will read a bit. I predict that I will only get about 4 sentences and fall asleep though Then I will end up smacking myself in my face with my nook when I fall asleep and getting hurt...maybe I better skip the reading tonight

You better get a good nights sleep too!!! Too much girlkickinit going on!!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 AM   #1863
Blabbermouth!!!

Well so much for going to bed early went right to sleep and then about 2:00 ML was fussy and snorey and now I am awake I tossed and turned and thought I better get up before I wake him up too! He only has another hour and a half before he has to be up for work.

Uhg....gonna be a rough day!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #1864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Ahhh, Loter, you've certainly not had the easiest of nights, or mornings for that matter.
So, I'm gonna give you a pass to use on/for everything, all day & all weekend. Certainly given the recent events...you may also be awarded an extension, as well.
Will the family member that's been staying on with Kitty remain for a time, or is she set to bonsai back to her own diggs right away?
Not an easy time.

Your with-holding of info from ML, regarding your little luncheon...just cracks me up!! And for the reasons too!! So funny!! Very much like something ole June would pull too.
YUM for Italian-Anything leftovers!!

Yucko on the apartment with rotting yuck in it!!
How is it I wonder that the fellow was just happily paying along on his rent this whole time, when he's not even occupying the prop? I think there's a Dateline ID story somewhere to be unraveled.

The Mimi piccy is so funny!! Thing is...I totally DO see a resemblance between her & I. And if I showed the little punk that photo, it would probably just fully connect the dots for him!!

Gotta make this a 2 pager; due to heavy emo'ing!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #1865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh goodness...well, as for the salon issues; I feel like they're so close that they're breathing on me. And there's no denying that they're touching me. That's just all too overwhelming to me. It fully gives me the yuck factor to be so near a complete stranger...and then having to hold small talk convo too...while I'd prefer to just hold my breath!!
And wouldn't you know...today is just one such day, where I have to go hook up with the Endo, for all the last EKG and lab work results.
Although that appt. is usually not terrible on that level. He's only THAT close to me for a short time, to check the heart beat, lungs & thyroid glands. I can't even hold my breath thru part of it because he's telling me to breath in to listen to the lungs. That just makes my stomach fully sick/turn just imagining/anticipating it!! Thanx Loter!!

Okay, one more demanding day . I've gotta hit the ground running & pull meself together for this -breathy- appt, and then off to the workforce.

Take it as easy as ya can today & check in when you're able to come up for some air.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-09-2014 at 10:11 AM..
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #1866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Made it to the end of the workforce week!!
What a struggle that has been!! Really, having my back feelin' so whack this whole time has really been very trying. Between the fighting, the self defenses, and even just the simple (but verrry frequent) bowing...it has just been plain tough. Ah well, enough whining...it's over!!

How's it goin' in Lotytown?
Old 05-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #1867
Blabbermouth!!!

Well...hope your breathy appt went well! Oh and your welcome!!!! I know how you like to really be able to focus and concentrate on your appointments and really mentally prepare....just glad I could help out in a small way

on the back whack though!!! You get a weekend pass for sure! No stressful things and lay low! OH wait!!!!! your not going to have a totally stress free weekend as its Mothers Day I forgot to check on you to see what you came up with for CT? I have no ideas or any help to offer as I am in the same boat! MCT is the most difficult human in the world to get anything for! I usually do gift certificates or just take her to dinner.

Funny story.....way back when G was a tot I saw the CUTEST little Asian girl dressed up as Snow White for Halloween. Like never have I seen a cuter kid....ever! So from then on its been my running joke that I want a Chinese baby girl. I bug other women to have one for me Not strangers but like both SIL's, the boss lady, cousins, you know anyone I could tease. Been doing that for oh 11 years! Well I overheard A talking to ML the other day and she was saying -ya know how Mom always wants a Chinese baby? Can we get her one for Mother's Day this year?? YES!!! I would love to see how they pull that off!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #1868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! TGISaturday!! Oh and I mean that with everything I have!!

Hunk bailed off to church it up with the menfolk this morning and then will likely head to the hardware store for various project-ee supplies.

I'm strategizing my day out. I feel anxious about getting to all that needs gotten to, AND wanting to -rest- as well. It's tough to really do both!! However, it's the goal for the day.

I'll need to hit the market, and at some point this weekend also create CT's Mother's Day masterpiece. Keeping it very simple this year and just going to make her a choco pie that she's over the moon about.

So many tasks and such a load of choring to do!!

How goes it over yonder?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #1869
Blabbermouth!!!

I am just going to get some chores done and then eh....dunno. Want to play in the yard, might see if any out of town fams want to go to a movie or something to break up the day. Haven't decided yet. Not super motivated to do much of anything to be honest! But Kitty's funeral is not till Monday and no visitation prior. Just an hour before service. She wanted open casket for 30 minutes for just her kids, then closed for 1 hour for just family only, then service. Which leaves 2 days of bored stressed out people that don't see each other ever crammed into her house I went over last night and the tension is getting thick already! None of her 7 kids are very close. They all are pretty spread out and really at this point dang near strangers so its weird. The 3 that live here still are not super tight at all, then the one that is a buddhist monk lives about 1.5 hrs away, one is in Georgia, one in Arizona, and the last is in California.

I think she would be disappointed in all of them too if she knew what they were doing with her things. She has some very nice collectibles that meant a lot to her and jewelry and just nice stuff. I dont think she left anything like that in a will just thinking they would pass it out. But what the kid with POA has decided to do is if one of the 7 kids gave her soemthing they can take that back but nothing else. Then he is selling the whole estate to a broker as is for a lump sum and getting rid of all of it. I know its always odd on what or how to handle things but gosh I just feel like some of the stuff that meant something to her should at least get offered to family first. Whatev..not my call.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #1870
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh hi! I missed your post! Good idea on the pie! I will give you MCT address if you don't mind send one to her too!

I am in the same boat....too much to do....no wannas......lots of things I would like to do but none are productive at all

Argh....I guess I better though!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #1871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness, what a funny little story!! Yes indeed, I too, wanna see how that plays out!! So-So Funny!! A is at such a great age...where that just totally makes full on sense!!

That line of thinking reminds me; we have this new little guy, (7 yr.'s old and "slightly autistic", according to Mom), who came in for his 1st group class on Wed. Now that happens to be a fighty McFight day, at our school. The deal is; a new student has to have been to at least 8 classes prior to being eligible for -sparring-. Not only that, but you must have & wear all the required safety gear.
Immediately, when the little guy sees my gear, he asks if he can -have it-. Uhhh, No can do...and then I go on to explain how his gear will eventually come about. Well he's not happy about this. I explain his role & responsibility to stand in as a judge for the fights and all the blah-blah that one needs to know, in order to call & award points to the fighters. Most students are stoked to hold this position. Not this fella!! NO. Somehow all of a sudden he's begging me to give him a point, so that he can have his gear...like everyone else. Ummmm, what?? That's not~not how it works little Hun-Hun. There was absolutely no possible way of him grasping reality at that point. Nope, he just went into full melt down right there. He had to be taken off the floor, fully distraught. So, end result...he will only be attending classes on non-fighty days...until, if ever, he can gain some better coping skills, and get the gist of how things roll. Whoa.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #1872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow...no doubt that's a super stressful, unpleasant homestead for the -kids- to be sharing. Just...ugggh, that sounds awful, and depressing.
I just really can't imagine have so many siblings in the first place...but to have them all be so indifferent and just enduring each others company. What a tough time that would be!!

I agree, having Kitty's beloved items sold off just to earn cash, rather than 1st seeing if any of the fam feels drawn to her items...seems.....................I reckon I'm at a loss for words. But yes, we're thinkin' on the same page with that one.

Fam stuff is just always complicated, isn't it? And then of course we have to sprinkle every year with these stupid holidays to acknowledge how wonderful and highly we think of these people. Oh my gosh!!

On that note...yes I will releave you of your obligatory good daughter duties this year, and take care of your MCT with one of these pies, as well. Do you need another, for MIL? Gottcha covered.

Totally same boat...lots of musts today, and no wanna's for them.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #1873
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!!
Been tryin' to leave this note for a half hour now. Interruptions!!
Just a quickie, as me back is soooo fatigued...and I am too.

Peeps are just signin' up left & right at the school. I think we have over 30, maybe less than 35. Anyhow, all is cruising along as we'd hoped, in that dept. However, I'm feeling challenged by all of the constant interaction/hosting. It's just a LOT, of being *ON*.

Got dressed in my uniform today...and hadn't realized that the top I was wearing was the Hunks, a size larger than my own. Didn't know that was the case until he came out lookin' for his shirt, while holding up mine. Lose!!

Oh yeah, I busted out the scales yesterday...and I'm firmly planted at the same ole 179. No ice creams today. Tryin' to be on the straight & narrow.

Popped a muscle and pain relief dope & lookin' to hit the sac early!!

What's goin' on in your direction?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #1874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Arrrrg....quickies are becoming a habit here!! But, wanted to run thru & give a quick Hi, before I slink off to the boudoir.

So an update on the latest facial moisturizers that I picked up a week or so ago; well, they haven't reversed out all the signs of me middle age, or reverted me back to toddlerisim...that's forsure. Nope, instead, I've found that just staying a bit more hydrated & keeping the bs #'s more in line is helping to plump up the area under thine eyes. The new etchings under my peepers do look like they'll opt to stay on board in spite of my efforts. They just look a bit better when they're not also concaved, from the dehydration factor.

Tried a trick today that has me fairly stokered!! Because of these new lines appearing, and my complexion just looking so dull/dry lately, I decided to blend down a liquid foundation, with one of the moisturizers, and applied that on top of my normal moisturized mug. Worked beautifully!! Then I went to set it all with the norm light powder on top. Flawless!! Yes it was!! Ok, well as close as I can come to it.

I'm thinking of taking it a step further...maybe over the weekend, and adding in just a little squirt of a primer in the mix as well. Thinkin' about it.

Whoooaaa now, this quickie is gettin' outta hand!!
Truly, I need to get out of here & toss me on into bed!!

How was Kitty's service?
How's it going otherwise, in Loterville?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #1875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! Happy Wednesday!!

Fighty McFight Day!! Whoop~Whoop!!
We have 6 in the adult class now, and a couple of the men folk are surely going to be fun fighters...in that they're likely to be quick, heavy hitters. This is why it would make good sense for me to weigh about 20 lb.'s less, by the time classes start this eve., as I need to be light/fast on my feet, in order to get out of the way of their shots.

Gotta handful of errands to run before classes, and intro lessons stacked up before & after classes too. It's all good though...between keeping the bs's a bit lower, ditching me ice creams , and the back feeling -mostly- healed up...I'm feelin' pretty spry!!

Alright...out like a sprout!! See ya soon!!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:05 PM   #1876
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey at least you have time for quickies!!!! Uhg! I haven't been too busy but at the same time ......too busy! Whatev!

Glad your feeling better!!! We are kicking in back into gear tomorrow! Been a week of garbage going into our mouths..I am feeling poopy!

Oh ......gosh wear to start?? So much to say!

Kittys service was nice. Awkward for me because of fams I don't care to run into but oh well. It rained a good part of the day so that was a bummer!

Got my ultrasound back....need to go for biopsies of my uterus. Start hormones tomorrow too.

Started my PT for me back. Funny story there....Oh you know your Loter....can't very well stay quiet if something funny happens to pass in between my ears! So to start with the therapist is a man....just keep that in mind. Indian to boot, like wears a turban. Anyway, he is having me do all these stretches and twists and whatnots to see how my muscle strength and flexibility rate. I am failing miserably on most of the low back stuff. He has me lay on my stomach with my hands at my sides. Says to lift my shoulders and head up off the table and hold it as long as I can. So I do this no problem and he is just astounded and telling me how good I am doing and he is so confused why I can do that and hold it for so long. I start just busting a gut! Like tears running down my face, I tell him I am cheating. He is confused and I am just laughing and like .....I am not doing it at all! The tata's are so big they are holding me up! I couldn't lay flat if I tried! Oh the poor little man Well he asked

OK.....lots more to tell but thats all for now gotta run!

Old 05-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #1877
Blabbermouth!!!

What have we become!!!!!

3 days and neither of us were able to get on! Unacceptable!

Ok I suppose its been busy so I will let it go

Well I am not even going to worry about the last couple days as there is not too much worthy of talking about. Oh wait did I tell you about my Uncle who was here from Georgia and stayed with grandma for a week. He left Wed and my Dad took him to the airport. Well he had a massive heart attack and dropped down right in the airport! He was rushed to the hospital and needed emergency bypass surgery. He refused! He wanted to get home. They told him he had maybe 24 hrs to live without it so better hurry! My other uncle got him and drove down to Kentucky and his wife drove up from Georgia and met him and made the sway. Still havent heard how the surgery went. nutso!

Today is just chores chores chores....oh and chores I have a lot of wannas to play in the yard but the haftas are outweighing them

I'll check back in later!
Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #1878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, totally agree...UN-acceptable!! Too packed of crazy makin' days...then too little energy for much else then just gettin' tossed into bed...and rollin' out to do it all over again!! How did this happen?!

Past few days are just a blurr. The highlights; Tom came home, on time , and had me feelin' especially rage-full & psychotic this go around , and I've had two pretty major OD's on me dopes...one of which I experienced while classes were in full swing and I was center judging the fighting. All of a sudden I broke out in a super duper cold-wet dripping sweat and couldn't process what I was supposed to do next. I barely muddled thru that, before recognizing what was going down, removing myself & throwing back some almonds to counter the low.

Wowzer on your Uncle!! He REALLY did not wanna be away from home any longer!! What a tough time he's having. That fellow needs some peace and rest, on the double!!

I could fully ditto your whole last paragraph. With coming off such a packed week, I have a TON of chores waiting for me.

Oh yeah, so you started the hormone therapy?? Is this something bigger/badder than birth control pills?
What's led the doc's to deciding that you need a uterine biopsy? Like what did they see on your ultrasound/sonogram deal that had them making that call?
Is the process for the biopsy something like just a basic scoot down visit, or is this a whole diff beast entirely? Questions!!

If you spot the mojo for all this housework nonsense...please, please pass some along!!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #1879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What was all that jazz I was speaking of earlier...of choring? No...I've done nothing of the sort!! Instead, I was wrangled into taking a fam~nap...and it went longer than the Gilligans Island tour.

So...it's all still just as undone around here.

Hunkie's watchin' the 2nd Hobbit flick on the tube.
Isn't this the one you last took the Little's to?
Well, clearly it's light-years away from Dateline-ID or 48 hours...so I'm surely not missing anything if I choose to devote some time to choring.

Alright...no one seems to be trying to stop me......so I'm headin' into sparkle the kitchy.

How's it going over yonder?! Are you gettin' the mansion tidied or have you earned your *Wanna~Pass*?
Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #1880
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my!!! Gilligans Island We had a bit of a nap but not a 3 hour tour

So my day started with a contractor stopping over....we need a new driveway

The worked in the yard for a bit Weeded oh maybe 1/4 of the one bed then it stared to rain. Came in took a nap, vac'd and mop'd the whole homestead, kids did a couple loads of laundry, ML and I want for 1.5 hour walk came home and cleaned the bathroom, now made some popcorn and we are going to watch a flick. A is at a friends house for the night so we are just with G. She wants to watch a scary movie whatev

So I call that a good day! nap, garden, chores
Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #1881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow!! You have indeed had a Good day!! That sounds just about perfecto, really!!

Will you be movin' forward with the contractor fella that came out, or are you guys just gathering bids at the moment?

I did finally get around to knockin' down some of the tasks on the list:

A couple loads of laundry...that will still require more processing before completion.
Sparkled the kitch (that took about 2/3 times longer than I'd wanted to give it)
Made a huge vat of spicy italian-ee vegg soup
Hooked the pigs up with a mani & chilled with one of my many unread mags.

Tossin' back some java so as to continue on.
Oopphh!! But of course now you've swayed me into thinkin' I need some popcorn too!!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #1882
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah for productive days!

Yup fix yourself some popcorn!

Yes, we will use these contractors. I didn't get other bids. ML used to work for these folks so I know they aren't going to jip us. I am scared how much its going to be!

Oh the biopsy is because my lining is thick, I also have a bunch of cysts apparently I did not go get the hormones yet I better do that tomorrow! She thinks my progesterone is low which is why TOM doesn't visit too often anymore ....I keep rooting for her to take all my bits out! She wont though
Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #1883
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and yup....we did go to see that hobbit movie. Everyone here seemed to like it. I don't remember.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #1884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, as I was pulling off our bedding for the wash, I noticed a little collection of KiKi hair next to her/Ace's bed. So...that detoured me from anything else that may have went down this eve, and now I've gone & totally tore up our whole bedroom...in the name of a full on impromptu deep spring cleaning.

So...I've decided that I'd like less fabric for dust & whatnot to collect on, in the bedroom. I took down our white sheers we had at the 4 corners of the bedpost, and also the dust ruffle. No more!! At least for a bit.

Everything is being washed & will just have to get packed up for awhile. Some stuff is just gonna need to find another home...like knickety knackish dust collector items. No more!!
I'd like to hold off on putting our runner rugs back beside each side of the bed...but I'm guessing -somebody- will not be a fan of that and at least his will have to return. :eyesroll:

Good deal on working with trusted folk, for your driveway project. I hope they surprise you with a lower estimate than you're anticipating.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #1885
Blabbermouth!!!

Wowza!!! Totally impressed!!!! NOTHING would be bad enough for me to have an impromptu in me bedroom of any sort! Good for you!

Today will be cleaning the basement and then playing in the yard. I feel like I have a lot of stop in visits today too. A lot of -hey I might stop by- convos this week. Hoping none of them actually evolve!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #1886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Holy Canoli...you guys are clearly so much more hospitable than ussin's over here!! Evvven though you don't really necessarily want it to go down like that...the mere fact that ya didn't give the wanna be visitors the impression that there's such an unlikely chance of catchin' ya at home ...You win the badge on this one!!

Your basement & yard play plans sound lovely.

I'm pullin' myself together, in order to church it with the Hunk. I've been away for 2ish weeks now, and apparently it raised Q's among an older couple that sits back behind us...wanting to get the scoop on if everything is okay with the Hunk & his wifey. Ummm, yepp....sometimes a simple nights sleep in just not enough rest for this middle age gal; that and I think me back was out one of those weekends...if not both.

Here ye~here ye...The Hunk & his bride are celebrating their 23rd year of marriage tomorrow.
I'll see if I can't scrounge up a humble pie piccy to share with ya, from the way-way back!!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #1887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This was May 19th, 1991.
I was about 4'ish months prego with Christopher.
We had been living in the 63 Mercury up until maybe a week or so prior to this, when we were invited to stay with the parents of a friend of ours, for a short time.
The church we all attended put the wedding on for us.
Also in the piccy is my pal Tina. Still buds today.
The fella next to Rob is Joey. We lost contact with him years ago, but thru old mutual friends hear he's been in/out of prison over the years & just quite the criminal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding.jpg (61.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #1888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welp...didn't end up churchin' it afterall. The Hunk was draggin' tired this morning, from a rough anti-sleep night...so he got to sleep in. I made us some breakie and then we just kinda lounged for a bit.

Afterwards we headed off to Wally for some of this and that...and ice cream.

It's a cold, rainy-blustery day. I reckon we'll just continue on with indoor projectoes. He's having a yay time messin' around with some stamps , and I'm considering get jacked on some java, for some choring power.

What's goin' down in Lotytown?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #1889
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh thanks for sharing!!!! Such a great looking couple you guys are! What fun to pull that out! Do you have a wedding photo hanging up in your house??? We don't. Not sure why, to be honest I dont have much pics up of anything.

Oh yes I indeed had lots of stop ins. My Aunt stopped by, she had some things of Grandmas that she wanted us to have MIl came over then SIL, DB, and E. He is such a major DB!!!! MIL stayed for dinner but the rest went home.

I gotta tell ya, I am watching our fave joker boys, this may be one of my favorite episodes. My gosh its funny!!!!! The two way glass bit and our boy Sal....

Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #1890
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok can I just say that I literally want to quit my job about 3 times a week I sure do miss my old place and my perfect part time job!

Ok this concludes our broadcast day! I'm signing off!