Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #1831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Just a D of a day...in many ways.

:Fast Forward:

I'm exhausted!!
Try again tomorrow!!
G'nighty!!
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #1832
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Uh oh.....what happened??? Better today?

I threw me back out....hardcore! No idea how. Was sitting at work yesterday and went to get up....um nope! LOL I was not able to stand erect. I was only able to walk around like I was looking for me marbles

I finally about mid afternoon today was ok to walk. Still making a doc appt to get some drugs though!

Holy we have some storms blowing through here!!! How bout you???

Working on some baby hats for little E. SIL requested a few so I am making up a few. Been awhile! I forget how!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #1833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just blowin' thru on the quick, in between classes.
Today IS better. A lot less stupidness going on...so far.

Before I skip out of here...remember the punk that enlightened me that I "wear a lot of make-up"?
Same boy, after getting in line yesterday, loudly says "Why do I have all the mexican's in MY line??" Ummm
That is one non-filtered mouth!!

I'll stop back in this eve., once we're outta here.

P.S. You're just the sweetest to make the Itty Bitty E little bitty hats!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-29-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #1834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya!!

What a drag on your back goin' out on ya again!! That's No good!! When are you able to get in to be seen & given some dope?

Yikes, yeah, I've heard of the freaky weather goin' on over on your side.
Uhhhh, no we're not having anything like that. ((Fixin' to brag ))
We're having 70's-low 80's this week.

We busted out yard work out front today. I wanted to get that yard debris can filled, as it's being picked up tomorrow and our front yard was/is outta control with weeds & wiley bushes.
May hit some more tomorrow before we jet off for work.

Finished off our big ole container of green juice earlier today & made a whole new batch.

Got a new 4 yr. old student into our Lil' Dragon program. He's only able to keep focused for 10/15 min.'s, but whatev...he had fun & is excited to come back tomorrow & earn his white belt.

Tomorrow I'm gonna crock some spicy chipotle chicky thighs. <---Truly YUm!! They'll become the interior of burritos.

Did the frozen yogurt goodness make amends for the cross 4 headed monster?! I see your frozen yo, and raise you by 4 or 5 cones yesterday. Yeah, it was just one of those kinda days.
Wait, what about G? No frozen amends for her?

Your ADD note skip cracked me up!! I may just have to post random piccy's just because now...and let you come up with your own story about them!!

Yepp, turmeric is very spicy. Has quite the bite.

OH NO about the wax junk all over your wood!! Is it on your vanity??
Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 AM   #1835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: natosha120
Hey gals,
How are of you, ok after adventure of all different things I am up and down on either fruit or low carb, but today couldn't live on raw fruit again so back to low carb which I fall in love too lol.. However, at my goal weight and normal fluctuations.
just feel like well had huge crave for this plate something that just is a blend of yummo lol.

I have been lately been busy on my blog getting tons of things in selling things I don't use to make cash which is useful lol. I am now making my blog more into fashion and beauty so get alot of different goodies there and clothing like dresses over 100 dollars etc.. lol but its cool and they get to use my photos on their site as well, which is awesome lol.

Recent dress tried on, a pink in color with a flower design when close up.
Had to customize one of the things they wanted us to do lol

However I love it lol . Well I did get my hello kitty tat on my leg as well and now 27 lol since april 20th lol . Another year older lol and don't feel any different lol

How are you all? I'm sorry I'm like barely on here any more

Have a wonderful day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day 1 4 30.jpg (25.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0647.jpg (64.7 KB, 3 views)
natosha120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #1836
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no, G got no froyo! She was doing homework that was a month late that I found in her room NO NO froyo fo yo!!

How did your chicken turn out? We had chicken of the fried take out variety tonight I got stuck at work until 6! The boss lady ordered the carpets in the clubhouse and offices to be cleaned today and they didnt show until 4:40. Yours truly got to sit and babysit them The big big wigs are all coming tomorrow to do a whole property inspection tomorrow to see what needs fixing. Well......we need new carpet so WHY would you clean it so it looks nice??? I was mouthing off a bit today about it I think she was unimpressed....probably why I got to stay till 6

That may be a fun game! I'll throw 3 random pics up and you tel me a story!
Old 04-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #1837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness you crack me right up!! Yes, I'll tell you a story about your pics & how they came to be. Fun!!

One of the little heathens (we're guessing ) bailed outta class earlier, swiping our key that operates the front door. It's the type that an office would have, that sticks into the bar going across the door, in order to allow entry, or not. In our case, right now...we aren't able to lock up & bail, because we simply can't lock it with out the key.
So...I wait here till the Hunk returns from trying to get us another. Lame.

Ooooop, gotta run!!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #1838
Blabbermouth!!!

I would be calling everyone and asking if their little darlings happened to by mistake snatched the key!!! How rude!!

Ok here ya go...lets see what ya come up with!

ballet-shoes-6.jpg

LollipopItem.jpg

wolf.jpg
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #1839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a seriously random/odd day.

One set of parents in our lobby area arguing over custody of their kids.

Another set arrives 30 min.'s late for their 45 min class and then proceeds to have a full on melt down between the parents as to whose fault it is.

Towards the end of our adults class, a drugged up fellow came thru. I was the only one available to meet & greet with him, as the Hunk was finishing up the class. It was a whack experience. He asked me what the building was next door to us. Reality is it's called "Renew"...as it's a fitness club. I was rattled by him and his obvious *compromised state of impairment* & instead said it was "Rehab". He said in that case he thought he was in the right place...as he's looking for discipline. He insisted he wanted to sign up for classes and tried to push his money on me. OH NO!! So I just stalled until the Hunk was off the floor & able to visit with him.
That's the 2nd time we've had *that type* roll thru and attempt to come on board. The 1st one wanted to exchange classes with his "cleaning up of the blood spills on the floor", for us, from our fights.

Lastly...CT came by to take the kids for a walk. We have little bags to take on the walking ventures...just in case the kids leave something behind on their outtings. CT insists she doesn't wanna be bothered with packing around any bags & usually refuses to take 'em. Well, a gal called her on it during their walk, as Ace dropped some bombs & she just walked off. The gal said "Aren't you going to pick that up?! Our kids play on this sidewalk!!" CT just told her she didn't have a bag with her. And, dontcha know...CT thinks the women was just horribly rude to stop & ask her about it.

BRB
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #1840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I take that back...this is the 3rd Wiley fellow we've had come thru. Just earlier this week was a transient that came thru wanting to buy weapons. Specifically he wanted to buy throwing stars.
I never know with these guys what their agenda is, cause they each have been straight polluted, and just way *off*.

How did the big wig walk thru go? Yeah, that seems silly to go to the effort and expense to clean the carpets when they should be in line for replacement.

Oooooh, G & her overdue homework. Of course it's gotta be No Froyo fo yo!!

The chipotle chicky in the crock was a true winner!! I'll see about hookin' you up with a recipe for that bad boy!!

How goes it over yonder?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Super Flave right here!!

Spicy Slow-Cooker Chicken Tacos

Everyday Food Apr 22, 2014

You don’t have to spend big bucks for big flavor. This spicy Mexican-inspired shredded chicken uses boneless, skinless thighs, which are much cheaper than other cuts and perfect for the slow cooker — saving you money and stress! Just set it and forget it, and come home to these spicy chili-chicken tacos!

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)

4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa, plus more for serving (optional)

1 to 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo

1 tablespoon chili powder

Coarse salt and ground pepper

8 hard corn taco shells

Cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges, and sour cream, for serving (optional)

1. In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).

2. Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings, if desired.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #1842
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO!! Good Afterrrrnoon!! Happy~Happy Friday!!

Up & at the choring this morning. I suppose this is one facet of our worky schedule, I do really-really Enjoy and am super Grateful for; having time to tidy up before we bail out for the eve., each day.
Oh but lets not fully kid ourselves...many times, aside from throwin' breaky down for the batch of us, that is the only claim to *productivity* that I have, before we jet out. That's very true.

Hunkie was scheduled to clean the church tomorrow, but already has such a bizzy morning, with his men's bible study/breakfast and then his monthly stamp clan gathering...so he's opted to head on over now & just bust it out now.

Today is Fun Friday at school...like every Friday. So we'll focus on weapons, breaking boards, obstacle courses & general high/loud energy nonsense.

Gonna put a green vile together before we head out. We've been throwin' 'em back each day and that's great...but our other chow is not quite aligned properly. Lots of it is good vegg...but then we'll also indulge in tortilla's as we did with the chipotle chicky dish, and of course the ice cream cone party that just doesn't end!! Not quite the "Whole Food" plan I had spoke of a while back.

I hope your day is going swimmingly!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 05-02-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #1843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, real quick

I see your random piccy's and I'm weighing my response, carefully.

Talk about RANDOM!!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #1844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fryyyday Niiiiight!!

It was a fine day. Gorge weather!! Like 76-78'ish. Matter of fact we had dinn chow out on the back deck when we got home, as it was still warm & sunny. It could probably be said that we had an ice cream or two as well. Yepp, we did.

Got big plans for tomorrow!! Ha!! No I don't!! Nope, actually as it turns out...I'm planning to have a very chill day.
I have a slow cooker short rib recipe I'll throw together early, so it'll be ready for lunches, as well as a side of alfredo & mushroom zoodles, as a side. I'll pass along some deets on the short ribs, if they turn out great.
Otherwise, there'll be a little focus on some daily's...and the remained will be spent hangin' with the kids...maybe lounging on the back deck & playing fetch.

OH, I've been meaning to mention; in this last month or so..., I have aged under my eyes in awful ways!! Seriously, a month ago I had one line under my left eye. I've had it for 3 yr.'s or so. It wasn't even more than a mild little thing. This past month...BOOM...tons of them, under both eyes...horribly noticeable. Horribly.
I have some theory's;
I did change moisturizers. Maybe what I was using was actually masking what was really going on. I will be going back to the original one ASAP. (It was by Lubriderm...for Men's faces 3 & 1...or some such thing).
Another likely contributor would be this nonsense of running around dehydrated all the time.
Lastly...the weather change, going into warmer/dryer temps.
Maybe??
Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #1845
Blabbermouth!!!

long emotional days have been whats going on over here the past couple of days!

Will fill you in later...i can hardly keep my eyes open!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #1846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhh, weekend time.
Hasn't gone as planned...but pretty Great none the less!!
I woke up at 3 am & decided not to try to go back to sleep, but rather bust on up and hit Wally for some wrinkle defying products.

Did a lot more choring than I'd wanted...but just kinda got on a roll. That and the weather shifted fairly early on and went dark/ominous. <--Fave conditions to chore under.

Spent a good deal of time in the kitchy today. Crocked the short ribs. They turned out okay...but really nothing to rave about. Whipped up the zoodles...that's always good. And made up some shake-ee.

I'd picked up a flick for the Hunkie to vegg on this eve (46 Ronin...or something like that ), and knocked out a fresh mani~pedi as he watched it. It was a heavier/twisted movie than we normally watch...but kept us on our toes & engaged, forsure. Scary!!

So, no lounging of any kind outdoors today...like I'd day dremt about. Too cold. But, we made up for it; with a long fam nap.

What's going on over yonder?
Old 05-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #1847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Loter. My heart hurts reading your latest.
I'm sending you guys up prayers for peace & comfort for your troubled-hurting hearts.

Yes to getting your rests. Take it easy on yourself. Check in when you feel up to it.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #1848
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy moly!

So quick rundown of my weekend then I am off to sleep!

~Friday 5:00 get out of work
~Kaka is to arrive at 6:00
~ran to grab a couple of groceries and get a call from MCT-kitty grandma has just took a terrible turn and has maybe 48hrs
~run home make dinner vac and mop-go to run over to kitty's and MCT calls and says she is not accepting visitors try tomorrow
~stay home but the house is a weird vibe, A is hysterical, G is withdrawn, and baby kaka is fussy! EVERY time the baby made a peep Sunday cried also. She just loves loves babies and felt she needed to take care of her! Its really something to watch though!
~ sat wake up at 7 and baby kaka is up and so I snatched her and took her with me back to bed slept 3 hrs with her my fave!
~kaka, G, MIL all get ready and go to see SIL and DB and baby. A and I go to visit kitty, we stopped and got her flowers and Boo treats
~then run home pick up ML and head on up to SIL and DB's
~go out for froyo
~Sunday morn the cousin with the preemie needs a ride to the hosp so I get her about 9:30 and sit with her all day. Take her home about 4:30, come home, get groceries, made dinner, then took A and G to see kitty tonight. MCT and Dad were there The kids have no idea who he is. G asked me in the car who that guy was and I was just like -oh he is just some family member Didn't say cause I don't really want them coming back and telling ML! All H-E-double hockey sticks would break loose!!

<<<< dropping over from exhaustion

So....nobody wants Boo! One of my cousins from FL is staying with Kitty until she passes and I told her I will take him until I find him a home. I asked the cousin with the preemie if she would want him and she is like YES! Yay!!! So I tell the FL cousin today, hey I found a home for Boo and she is really excited. She looks at me and is like who is excited Grandma? I said OMG no I am not telling Grandma I was looking for a home for him. She laughs and says oh shes been talking about you and hoping you find him someone nice. I said to the FL cousin- but I didn't tell her I was looking. She says- well she knows what you were doing last night when you took that picture. You were trying to get a pic of Boo to show him to people! Well for being on her death bed the lady doesn't miss a beat does she??? Anyway she is content and knows I will find someone for her baby Boo

OK....I am off to bed!!!!

Hope your doing great!!! Chat again when I can!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #1849
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh crud.....forgot one super important tid bit. Kitty does not have 48 hrs! But maybe 2 weeks. She was given a prescription for anti depressents and she couldn't sleep, she thought they were sleep aids and popped a few! So when the nurse go there the next morning and she was hallucinating and weak, falling and mumbling they thought....this is it. Uh no.....kitty is just doing stuff she shouldnt! I was teasing her that she was turning into a drug addict! Now she has round the clock care though with the FL cousin so she won't do that again!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #1850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa, Loteage...that's just too much of a weekend right there!! Too much!!
Of course you're exhausted. That's hittin' hard & heavy on both the physical and emo levels. Especially with the sprinkling of adding in an unplanned joint visit with the parents too, over at Kitty's!! I think you handled that very well, with just glossing over the who & the why for G, and just avoiding all un-necessary potential drama/fall out from it. You = A bright one.
That IS pretty funny that Kitty had the full on pulse on what was going down with the impromptu photo op.
You know I bet Kitty really appreciates knowing that her Boo will be of the highest priority, because you care enough to make it so. I bet THAT is the sort of thing that will help her most in her transition...knowing all of the important basis are covered.

Sooooo Sweet that you got to pop a little vite C into bed & snuggle for a nice while!! Funny that Sunday wants to be such the little baby helper & get her tended to.

Notta lot went down over here today. I got up this morn, fully intending on gettin' ready for the day & bonsai-ing out for church, and *Whappo* my back nearly went out on me. It felt like my spinal cord was nearly being severed...towards the lower half.
I tried to rest it off for a bit...but soon enough I could tell it just intended to remain -fragile-, so I opted out & instead, took some muscle relaxer dope & went back to bed, for the whole rest of the day.

So, Mother's day is next Sunday. Do you have any thoughts as to what, if anything you'll be putting together for MCT? Some occasions are just more irritating than others. This one is!!

Okay, I'm gonna hit the sack.

I hope the structure of the worky week helps to bring the pace you're running at down a few notches for you. Later Alligator!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #1851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hola!! Happy Cinco!!

It's a sun shiney~cold day. Brrrr!!

My back is still somewhat Whack, but I'm planning to press on. My hope is that moving around & giving it a hot shower will do it some good.
It's a full day of classes, with a new student coming in for his intro class, at the tail end of the day.

If I can bend over to grab the scales tomorrow morning, I will. I -feel- like I may have fully climbed out of the 170's...in the upwards motion...one ice cream goodie at a time!!

I hope the day is easy on you.
Ketchup soon!!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #1852
Blabbermouth!!!

Uhg! back out it the pits! Hopefully you were able to manage today!!

Busy busy again today. Will update you later! I need to go look at some plants....I have to redo my yard
Old 05-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #1853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes...it is deff the pits...and lame.

New plants?! Did your others get damaged, or??
Are you guys totally done with all the snow nonsense?

I need to whip me eats into shape!! And step up the work outs. It looks like we may have a few more adult students coming on board, and before I know it, it'll be fighty McFight-Fight time with them too.

How are things rolling along on your side?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #1854
Blabbermouth!!!

Argh! I was doing so great and then......just not so great with eating But we better get on it! I don't want you getting beat up by some rookie kung fu wanna be's!!! You are better than that!!!

Yep, snow is officially gone! However the freeze was so deep this winter that most bushes in town died. So sad! I lost all my front bushes and a couple of the ones in the back. Then.....to top off that, my side garden that I have been working of for 4 years now will have to be redone also! The power company came through out street and chopped down any tree that was in the way of the power lines. Which means my garden that was mostly shaded dring the day is now full sun and those plants will burn! But I can transplant them to the backyard.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #1855
Blabbermouth!!!

How did your back feel today? Does it act up from class? Did I tell you I finally went to the dr. about my back???
Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #1856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I knew you were fixing to go to the doc & you'd hoped to pull some dope from him. How did it go? Is it in better shape these days?

My back is doing pretty well. It's fragile...but even the level of that has improved. What classes do for it is just fatigue it further at this point, and I've limited how much I participate in things that would likely aggravate or throw it out. All & all...doing pretty good!!

What a total drag about your plants/bushes!! Awwwe, and your little garden too!! I don't reckon I've ever known of anyone that's put as much effort into making their landscape-ee area look so nice, as you have. So that's especially sad news.

With all that you've been juggling here lately, I'd say that's fully earned you a -Gonna chow on what I want- pass. Well, unless it makes you feel badly...then I say someone needs to put it in gear...like someone else.

I think I mentioned that I've got a new transient pal, that stops by (twice now), at the school? Any how...I think our pal-ship is about to be ended. He's <play> threatening to throw my own -throwing stars- at me, and to pocket the ones we have at the school, on display. What?? When he did it during our 1st visit...I just blew it off. On this 2nd visit, I got to recalling this statement I heard somewhere along the line, "trust people when they tell you what they're about or up to".

Found a nail polish over at Wally that I'm totally digging; "Pure Ice". I picked up THE prettiest pink, "Peony". I love it, and the way it applies is just fab...plus it has a super nice gloss finish!!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #1857
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my! You need to get rid of that new friend asap!!! Like before restraining orders are needed!!! What a kook!! Not a fan!

Hey so have you ever had a gel polish manicure done?? Hmmm....I think thats what its called. I'm having a brain fart! You have to buy special polish and set it with a uv light. You can buy the kit to do it at home but its like 60 bucks! However.....if it means it lasts 2 weeks, well maybe its worth it! I might get one at the salon first and then see if it lasts.

So Kitty is mostly unconscious now. When she is awake she doesn't know who anyone is. Well except the cat 6 of her 7 kids made it home. Not sure when the last one will be here. The ones that don't live here are having a really hard time. She is in no pain and comfortable though.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #1858
Blabbermouth!!!

Oops....yup I guess I did tell ya about the doc appt for me back. Well I didn't get any dope And before they will look at doing anything to fix it I have to do 6 weeks of PT. Oh yeah cause doing a few stretches is going to regrow discs and cartilage genius!!! I can see a switcheroo in docs soon! This one didn't listen to me
Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #1859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quickie Hello, as I'm pert near passing out.
Such a packed day!! Crazy bizzy!!

I'm so Glad to hear that Kitty is transitioning peacefully. Sign me up for going that route!!
Hopefully her children & the rest of the fam will be able to take some comfort, in knowing -she's- not having a tough time. That may do their hearts some good, at some point.

Nope, I haven't tried the gel nails. I've heard about them...and will eagerly await your review!!

Fun fact #36729; June is not able to go to and enjoy a manicuring shop.
I feel like my space is being fully invaded...kinda like the hair dresser, dentist, general doc appointment. Just no can do.

Okeedoke...I wanna stay & chat some more...but the synapses aren't firing off well anymore.

Ketchup with ya on the tomorrow!!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thursday!!

If there were ever a day where I'd really like to tap into a back up energy source...I reckon I would be looking to do it today.

I'm flat exhausted!! We've been so busy...with new students coming on board (7 this week ) and lots of very physical activities, with yesterday & today being fighty Mcfight days.

But Au Contraire...no, in fact today is another fully stacked (fighting) day, complete with private intro lessons before and after reg. classes.

How irritating that your doc totally tuned your concerns out!!
I tell ya, we are in the same boat with the doc the Hunk last saw. He went in to see this one specifically for a referral to a chiropractor, and instead he was given a referral for an acupuncturist. That's what the doc submitted to the insurance folk...and now the insurance folk have denied him for chiro visits. What?! Oh it's just one of those extra little irritants!!

Alrighty...I've fully procrastinated for as long as I can get away with. We all know how I require a LOT of time to put on all my loads of heavy duty make-up. Yepp, still irritated by that little punks comment.

Later Gator!!