Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #1771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Guess who is sick now?? The whole Hood clan. All of the pieces are startin' to come together now. Remember the little dude I mentioned who was such a handful of awfulness last Thurs & Friday? Turns out he was coming down ill, as was many in his 3rd grade class. The Hunk was working with him very closely those two days...and then began feeling "effervesant-ee" in the head on Sun, and then into a full on sore throat & whole shebang by Mon/Tue. Yesterday was rough on him, as he could feel the symptoms really start ramping up during the eve classes, and it became clear that it was not the onset of allergies, but a real live cold.
Of course he shared...and since middle of the night last night I've been quickly losing ground on health meself.
The Hunk reached out by phone to all students/parents this morning to let them know we would be postponing classes till next Monday, so as to keep our germs all to ourselves. That's when we found out about the sicko trouble making boy having been out of school for the past couple days over his ills.
So...that's that. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep my endo appt. tomorrow afternoon, or if I should anticipate feeling crappier and just call it off now...while there's still a smidge of time for them to attempt to fill the space. I hate to put them in that sort of position. Also don't wanna be the one to pass along yuck to them though. I'll think on it over the next hour.

Stoked that there's grub in the house...but not overjoyed that it's all healthy -gotta prep it in order for it to be truly edible- type junk. I reckon that will be the main priority I'll focus on over the next day or so. It won't be choring, I can tell ya that!!

What's goin' down in Lotytown?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #1772
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
Well what a little turd to get you both sick!!!! Thanks Mom! Next time keep the kid home when he is sick!!!

Well hope you feel better super fast! And it isn't one of those lingering types! Or anything exploding from any orifices!!!

I feel like life is a blur right now! I am running out of time and too much to do!!! And with being gone yesterday I am all out of whack with me days! I don't know what day it is right now

I tried shopping again tonight for some things for G. A is all set but G hates shopping so I try to go without her and it just never works out! Its too hard anymore when they aren't there to try things on! Well it shouldn't be hard....if all brands ran the same in sizes!

Thursday night I have to get stuff to make baby shower treats ( what was I thinking volunteering for that????) Friday night is my card party with the ladies, Sat the Kaka's are coming for the day and we have a baby shower. Sun will be my last big clean/shop/pack day. Monday is nothing much, Tues is normal, Wed I have a scoot down appt and final packing....then we go! I am starting to feel the crunch though! Makes me want to eat chocolate brownies!!!!

The fanny packs came in last night.....they are ginormous!!! Oh I don't even now if I can do it! They are double the size I was thinking, about the size of a pro wrestling champion belt Might have to rethink that one!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HA!! Love the visual of the pro champion wrestler, sportin' his big kidney pack/belt!! I absolutely think you should wear that, and feel rather strongly that you should offer up a piccy of it too!!
What a fun time that's waiting to be had!!

Whoa man, of course life feels fully blurry right now...that's one heck of a bizzy schedge you're keeping!!
I reckon you must be eye ball deep in your shower gatherings right now. What are the deets on that? Will you be hosting one of your gourmet menus?

NO. There's nothing explosive goin' down over here. Well certainly not on my end!! Nope, this seems to be just a full on head cold type ick. The Hunk has the worst of it. I only have a smidge of it...so far. Or, let me say this...ummm... some of us are quite macho and are able to endure their ills ...and some aren't.

I ran off to my endo appt. today. Looks like I'm gettin' lined up for a battery of tests to find out what the cause of my rapid heart beat is all about. Today it was 108 in their office. I'll go for some extra labs & an EKG, to help pin point the why's and how comes. They're gonna test for anemia as well as thyroid garb. Blah-blah...we'll see.

Made a big pot O' mixed vegg soupy chowder. I'd wanted to take it into the chicky arena...but totally spaced picking up chicky this week...so plain O' vegg it is.

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-10-2014 at 04:17 PM..
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #1774
Blabbermouth!!!

Well an hour ago I had two happy kids....now I have two almost in tears! A got a little sundress and its pretty thin material and I suggested she may need to start wearing over the shoulder pebble holders Well we got one tonight, which was traumatic but she was ok. Until.....G texted all the fams that her sis got her first bra tonight! Now to be fair.....when G got her first one A ran all over telling everyone so its just an eye for an eye thing but oh boy she is embarassed!

Then G wanted me to trim her hair up for her, the ladies at the salon just aren't getting it quite right. Well neither did I so I have been told! Well goodness, I groom dogs. If she wanted to look like a Golden Retriever we'd be all set!! So now they are both upset....oh well!

I bought a pair of shoes tonight that you need for your walking! Maybe not the treks up the mountainside but just walks. They are sketchers go walk 2 slip on shoes. Really light and flexible and so far super comfortable on me feet! This is the pair I got but they come in lots of colors....I even saw purple online!!! Would have got them if they were in the store!

Old 04-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #1775
Blabbermouth!!!

Well is your HR that high at home? Is your BP high as well? Mine are always higher at my doc that always does painful things to me Are you checking it at home? Are you feeling that fluttery thing we had talked about before? I still get it every once in awhile. No idea what it is! I feel like its probably a clogged pipe and I don't really want to deal with it!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh the horrors...of everyone knowing your brazeer bizz!! I can totally see how G felt it was clearly her duty though.
I miss being able to wear pretty little sun dresses!! I bet she looks just darling in it.

Ha!! On the the Golden Retriever snip!! You can show her what a -real- jacked up do looks like by showing her me scary pony tail shot...

Those shoes are totally CUTE!! They look like they'd be super to be worn sockless? Is that how you're gonna roll? I bet they'd be perfect for capri's too!!
So you've got shoes to wear for your trip!! Do you have any light tops in your mitts?

No, the BP is good. The heart rate is always in the 100 region...even at home, while I'm totally relaxed. The doc's always suggest that it's as high as it is because I may have the -white coat- syndrome in effect. Ummmm, NO...I don't. They're giving themselves much too much credit as to the impact their visit has on me.
My best guess is that it's a combo of stressors on my system. I think it could be linked to my bs's remaining high and most recently I'm sure my system could be reacting to the crap I've been feeding it. Or I'm clogged...like you. Yeah, it's a fluttery, palpitation-ee feeling, when I notice it. Most the time that it's brought to my attention...like today, I hadn't even been clued into it.

I watched a little skit from our Impractical boys before I went into the doc. So freakin' funny!! They had Sal invite himself to a dinner table of folks that were total strangers...and he had to remain at the table without being asked to leave. Not only was he able to manage that...but he started scarfing their pizza too!!
Sal is my fave, then Joe, then Mer and lastly Q. There ya go...if ya ever need to answer a secret question on the subject, you've been versed!!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am really so over enduring -someone's- illness. The constant moaning, heavily -overly- emphasized clearing of the throat, coughing, complaining.
BUCK UP BUTTERCUP!! Oh my gosh!! Sick of it!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!
Yay, today is your fun card playin' night!! That oughtta be a kicker!!

Oh wait...I'm not totally done with venting. This is a youtuber ticker offer for me. So many of those freaks get on there, say their blah-blah whatever message and then try to wrap it up towards the end with "So, yeah." If they wanna recap something they've already covered, then inevitably they will circle back around for their "So, yeah" AGAIN. Sometimes this happens multiple times. Most upsetting is that I see it over & over by MANY different folk. It's got me feeling so cross!!

What a Peachy Pal to hear out my big frustrations.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #1778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you run into this sorta ish when you took the Little's out?

Yellowberry: Meet the Teen Titan Who Is Taking On The Youth Bra Industry – Lingerie Talk
Old 04-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #1779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!! Happy Sunday!!

It's been a challenging few days over here. I'm tired of it!!
I think we're coming thru though.

I've decided to "stop the nonsense", again. I was tempted to shift back to the raw chow...but have decided to just step over from this inhaling of full on garb, to a more whole foods approach. So...what I will be eliminating is just processed yuck and making a more conscious choice to add highly nutritious -real- eats. What a novel concept, huh?!
My system currently feels just so bogged down...toxic even, from having to endure sub standard fuel. So...Enough!!
I'm wishing I'd have remembered that I wanted to weigh this morning. I'll try again tomorrow I suppose. I really have no # goal in mind this go around. I'm just going to focus on clean choices that better support a healthier/better feeling being.

So today is your last big cleaning/shopping day!! Are the Loty's all gettin' the jonesy excitement goin' on?! You guys are just gonna have the best time!! Especially if you go packin' with your kidney belts!!
How was your KaKa visit? How's baby C?
Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #1780
Blabbermouth!!!

Just swinging through to say HI!!!!

Lots going on today, will be back tonight to chat!!

glad your feeling almost human!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #1781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So today was veggie soup, veggie soup, and then a salad. I'm ready to fill me plate at the Buffet...but alas, I will just chug some ACV water and have some Ginger tea. Feels a bit like a fast.
Tomorrow I hope to make it by the market, in order to better stock up on some goods, and make this transition easier.
Oh yeah, the Hunk was also put on notice that his chow program is changing up too.

Words cannot convey how I am looking forward to him feeling healed of his ills. I swear that the coughing and clearing of the throat and sniffles increase by 30 times when it's known that I'm within earshot!!

I hope your day was filled with a ton O' fun!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-13-2014 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #1782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, this is what's goin' down in the Hood this afternoon.
In this beauty is:
Carrots
Lemon
Celery
Rhubarb
Cilantro
Ginger
Cuke
Kale
and maybe other stuff I'm not remembering right now.

Not too bad...totally do-able.

This spill is due to someone forgetting that they needed a "catch" container for the juice. I guess it's been awhile since I've used this little gadget. I'd really like to upgrade that bad boy to something that doesn't have to struggle to get thru something like Kale...and Ginger.

So, today has been veggie soup, and this green goodie. Might put a salad together when we return from the workforce...which I'm just not really too terribly excited about...truth be known. Whatev.

How's Loter today?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-04-14 12.50.29.jpg (18.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-04-14 13.17.53.jpg (23.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #1783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spinach was in that concoction too.
And, 179 this AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #1784
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I mean Your juice looks just divine! Good for your for jumping right back into things though!!! I totally get the sluggo feelings! I am just starting to get around to feeling more alive than zombie like! On Sunday the kids wanted pancakes and I had oh maybe 1 and was on the verge of puking I felt so nasty from it! Not that every cheaty type meal would make me feel that way but heavy carb meals sure do!!!

What kind of juicer is that? Funny you started that. The bosslady brought in her bullet today and was all gung ho on smoothies. She made one with strawberries, banana, and spinach Blech! I hate banana! But she chugged it right down! What sort of eats is the Hunk trying to do? Is he going raw~ish too?

How is your poor sick baby doing??? Isn't that just the strangest thing? Does yours swear he gets *sicker* than most people when he does get sick and that is why he is so pathetic? Mine does! Are you all better now? Back to work I see so you guys must be feeling pretty good! How did all the kids/parents take it when you closed classes?

Well I think we are all set to jet off! Finally!!!! G has been a royal PITA! Just becoming a teen I guess. Trying to get clothes for her has been just torture!!! A is still really easy going about clothes and shopping but good grief....G makes up for it! I had to run out tonight and get a couple more things. Undergarments of all things! It would seem that after blowing the wires out of the brassieres or just having to pitch things I didn't have enough to last 6 days anymore! Apparently I am just recycling the same 2 bras and 5 undies And just stop right there cause I know what your thinking.....yes I do wash them and no I don't just turn them inside out! Anyway had to go pick a few more up since we won't have a washer. I could go commando but I would be afraid that the weight from me kidney/wrestler belt might tug on my pants so much they would fall down and then wouldn't I be in a pickle????

We have the yuckiest weather today! Started out this morning at 62 and has continually dropped and now its in the low 30's and will be mid twenties by the wee hours of the evening and possible 2 inches of snow!! We had so much rain the last 2 days that the river is going to crest sometime during the night and flood some areas what a mixed up bag this is!!!

Alright I suppose I better hit the sack.....long day tomorrow!

Oh wait....one more story before I go! So A calls me today around 2 and is crying. Her tooth is so loose and it is hurting so bad she is in the office crying. So I had to run to school and pull her tooth for her I took her in the bathroom and one of her little basketball friends walked in and I asked her if she wanted to sock A in the face a good one and get that tooth out for her! She was but gladly volunteered! (I didn't really let her punch my kid!) I did pull the tooth though and patted her on the butt and sent her back to class and went back to work.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #1785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was all set to chat, got derailed over here & now I need to hop in the shower & go prep for throwing meself to bed!!

Ketchup on the the tomorrow!! G'night!!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #1786
Blabbermouth!!!

Stressful day today. Too much to do, not enough time, then MCT called and said that my Grandma was put on hospice today She is old, has been relatively healthy but her heart is just giving out. It is only working at 25% so could be any time. I sure hope it doesn't happen while I am gone We are going to go see her tomorrow night. She is supposed to go to the hosp but refused so the hospice will come to her house.

How are you both feeling today? Almost back to norm?

What was the chow like today? Um...don't ask about mine, I get a pass today
Old 04-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #1787
Blabbermouth!!!

I was looking up the heart thing.....cause self diagnosis is what I do

I don't think she will pass while I am gone, its not as dire as it sounded. She could have a MI at anytime or a stroke but she could live for a long time yet with that. She must have something else going on that MCT was not understanding or remembered. I'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow though

Ok....I gotta get some stuff done and get to bed sometime soon too!

Good night!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #1788
Blabbermouth!!!

Crud....I forgot I wanted to tell you one more thing!

I toured a guy today that is a war vet. He has such terrible night terrors that he got a therapy dog from the army. The dog was a beautiful yellow lab and is trained to sleep by him and wake the guy up if he is having a bad dream! How freakin awesome are dogs!!! He also had an injury from the war and has rods in his legs, if he falls down the dog brings him a phone

Ok....bye...for real
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #1789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh No Loter. Is this the Grandma with Boo?? Awwwe man, that's so hard. Lifting you guys up in prayer, that the Lord will give your Grandma an easy passing; both physically and mentally, and surround you and the fam with healing strength, to endure this.

My oh my, yes you do have a whole lot on your plate right now!! Plus a scoot down tomorrow?! Wowzer. I think this time away will do the whole fam real good. It'll be so nice for you guys to enjoy a warm environment for awhile too!!
Ha!! I busted a gut reading your note about having to shop out additional skivvies, and *claiming* to not just be recycling/turning inside out!!
As for camandoing...I've been a full comando'er for 12 years...back when we 1st got into Karate. I just -had- to. You see when you're throwing all kinds of high kicks...the skiv'z have a full on tendency to ride into terrain ya just don't want 'em. I saw that me other classmates were having to -adjust- and pull things out. I thought that looked so tacky & gross. So, I just endured...until I got the bright idea...that no one would know if I didn't sport any at all & I would have instant freedom from that distracting nonsense.
Because we'd train upwards around 2-3 times a day, and then skip off back to real estate work...I just decided to go alfresco...rather than changing in/out of the underoo.
There ya go...probably much more than you wanted to know...but I don't filter with you.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM   #1790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You best not stay up & keep reading these notes. It bee your bedtime, and these notes will still linger on. So Goodnight!!

I'm gonna work on my next note...while you sleep!!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #1791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, we be pretty close to 100% non-sicko's at this point!! The parents were all very understanding and even appreciative that we called off, rather than exposing their kiddo's to our yuck. As for the students themselves...it just created more of a frenzy jonesing to get back into class.
Four more newbies signed on today!!
Oh yeah, your story about ML claiming to be the sickest person to have ever lived while sick... No, this one doesn't exactly put it in those words...but geez...the actions of the moaning and whining sure do speak volumes as to that being the line of thinking!! I really felt like I'd lose it on him over all of that. I just don't have much ability to coddle & pity on someone, ya know?

So, as for the juicing...do you recall quite some time ago when you & I were checking out the "LifeRegenerator", AKA Dan the Man McDonald on the youtuber? He was totally into jucing and always asked "Can you dig it?" Well anyhow, I caught a handful of some of his latest vids the other night, and became re-inspired to regain some footing on this health sitch of mine...so out came my juicer. Dan the Man has evolved a bit, since we last wondered about him. He's marketing himself and his inspirational line of products to folks, and apparently had been enlightened by those assisting him, that he needed to notch up his professionalism...by a lot. He's trying. He did at least cut that straggly hair and put a nice dress shirt on for a couple of the vids. Looks like that hair is growin' back though. Wait, cause I have room to talk & all!!
My juicer is nothing special. Really. It's a very used Jack Leman's Juicer that we bought at the thrift shop last year for $3.
I used to have a brand new with all the bells/whistles juicer many moons ago. I donated it after learning of the diabetes diagnosis, as I figured I would never have a need to juice fruit again. Back then, that was all I used it for. It wouldn't have occurred to me to use it to juice vegg. Anyway...I'm considering upgrading my $3 unit...and getting a hold of something that's not so challenged by pieces of ginger, kale and rhubarb. This one seems to think I'm asking it too much. Lame.
Yeah, as for Hunkie...he is chowing on cooked oats for breakie, then slamming a vegg juice with me in the afternoon before classes...then a salad once we've returned. He'll do very well on that, and probably drop some poundage pretty quickly because of it.

Feeling afeared of over emo'ing...brb.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The visual the tooth pulling sitch you had, has created such a funny image of the no-nonsense that is Loty, in my mind. I can just totally see that whole deal playing out!!
How much are teeth worth in Lotyville? I think I recall gettin' a quarter, back in the day.
You know CT saved all my baby teeth, and gave them to me a few years back. I understood while growing up that she was saving them for me...and it seemed to make good sense, at the time. However, once they were passed along to me...the Hunk & I agreed that it was just kinda yuck, and couldn't fathom why I'd wanna hang on to them. So I tossed 'em.

Hmmmm, I guess clothing and style are more important at a younger age than what I remember. I think I was 12/13 when I became concerned with what I was wearing/image. Prior to that...no.
Is G's PITA'ness specifically surrounding clothing...or is this like general attitude stuff, and clothing is just another thing lumped into that?

Yeah, that's the thing with quickly deteriorating health...even when it looks pretty bleak...there's still no absolute expiration date stamped on our feet. I've seen some folks in Hospice/Palliative care, not expected to live beyond 6 months, at the mooooost, continue on for a couple of years.
Something I do believe for certain; we will not go on to our "heavenly home" a moment too soon, or too late. Prayers that your Gram's journey is peaceful and feels like everlasting-abundant love & joy once she arrives.

Ahhh, the vet & his dog. Yeah...pups ARE really just the best. Those two will be the best of friends, and mean the world to one another.

Ewww...past bedtime!! Fine, I'm out like a scout!! Ketchup tomorrow!!

Oh, 180 this morning. Up a pound!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-15-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #1793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And here I am...havin' one of my little ice cream cones!!

How are things in Loyville?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #1794
Blabbermouth!!!

what???? Full on commando every day??? What a fun fact!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Yup no holds barred with us huh?

Oh yes the juice hippie! I do remember him! Well I will have to take a look at his new stuff when we get back! I will probably need to detox from all the crap we will most likely eat I have done a bit of searching and found some good places to eat that aren't all burgers and fries and yet not $20 a person either! Uhg!

Um....gross about the teeth! MCT mom had saved hers also and gave them to her. Yuck! Although I think the theory now is there may be some stem cell thing develop in the future but way back then...I have no idea what possessed my grandma to save them. Stem cell research was probably not even though of yet! Teeth around here are worth a Susan B. Anthony coin for anything that is not a molar which get a $2 bill. So there ya go!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #1795
Blabbermouth!!!

Well we went to go see kitty grandma tonight but she did not hear us at the door. But is scared me thinking she was dead in there! So I called her and talked to her for quite awhile. Most of it about Boo He was just the best thing for her! She is just smitten with him! They sleep together and every afternoon she reads to him while he sits on her lap I just tell her how nice it was of her to take him in and keep him from certain death at the shelter She need never know its all a lie

She is not understanding hospice. She is just tickled pink that her doc is so nice to send her people to check up on her at home! She is just happy that she won't have to go to the office anymore, her doc knew that she didn't like all the running around so was nice enough to do that for her! Oh kitty grandma! She did go to the Dr. today though and I don' think she is in immediate danger but maybe a couple of months. She is in kidney failure but refusing dialysis, and CHF. My Grandpa was in dialysis 3x a week for years so I understand her not wanting to try that! Hey she is 91 and never really been sick, just this now and I don't see it being a terribly long drawn out ordeal. If we could all be so lucky huh?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #1796
Blabbermouth!!!

Here is a letter my brat kid wrote to her teacher and us. The assignment was to evaluate how your 3rd marking period of school is going. This is what she turned in! So to answer your ? about if it is just shopping that she is being a pain about...no its not!

I actually found it pretty amusing because none if it is wrong, however totally appalled that she wrote that and sent it to her teachers!!! Clearly having 2 parents with very little in the filtering department is having detrimental outcomes for her! We talked about how we liked that she was honest, we don't like liars but she needs to express her feelings in a non hurtful way! Good grief! I had to write both the teachers apology notes today and email them! I was going to make her email them also but she had already taken it upon herself to do so. At least she recognized it was hurtful and took action. Just wish she would see that before the damage is done!!

Begin note~

My report card varies on the grade from an 'A' to a 'C+' because of how well I like the class so I give different amounts of effort into it. The class I actually enjoy is L.A. so that has an 'A' grade. How I'm getting an 'A' in science is something I don't know because I don't really like learning about rocks, or science in general, because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to need to know about rocks for that many jobs that don't include biology. In 'Western Hemisphere' I am truly befuddled at how I got an 'A-' because I'm wasting a week right now learning about the Aztec decline because the way we did improve "improvising" and will help us in "my future". I mean I fully comprehend that it's just highly boring and I have a hard time keeping my attention and probably the only way I don't walk out of the room is because one day 'Jeopardy' might have something on it and I can pull out my middle school knowledge on the Mayan Calendar and seem like a genius. The other class I have with Ms. Doran is math and I have a 'B-' in that and I have very little knowledge on how it's that high because it has to be the most unentertaining, snore-fest class I have the pleasure if participating in. I mean I have had several power naps in that class because nothing brings more joy to me than math in the morning. Finally I have a 'C+' in band because the thing were graded on is solo tests and I freak under the pressure and play at a lesser quality than normal.

In the fourth marking period I plan on paying more attention in classes and find something that at least will make me give a small fraction of my attention. Also I need to get over the awkwardness of having people's attention on me.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #1797
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you enjoy your ice cream!!

I am headed to bed! I'll check in if I can while gone! Don't miss me too much

Old 04-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon to Saturday!!
Yes, I do miss you my Loteage!! The piccy of the "groper" helped get me thru though. You know I still need to see the Loter's sportin' the Champion belt/kidney packs!!

So today we're gonna bonsai outta here in a few with the Chillin's, for a field trip/vaccine trip. Their rabies shots are due. We missed the boat on gettin' 'em in last week at Petco, (didn't know about it in time), and now instead they'll go to the Big R feed store, where they also offer a bi-monthly vaccine clinic. I hope they fare well and have no reaction. I always worry about that. To console ourselves, for the shot factor, they're gonna get to make a stop to Petco to pick up some Greenies and treats beforehand.
Also making a trip to the library.

Oh G and her school note!! Wow...well you know there's certainly much value in knowing where ya stand!! Ya don't have to read between the lines with her!! VERY matter of fact, tell it like it is...brace yourself if you enjoy all that is truth!!
That's very telling that she took it upon herself to reach out to the teachers, once it was made known to her that her note may have been somewhat harsh...even if totally true.
Oh yeah, her Jeopardy line just totally killed me!! She's a character, that's for sure...and quite a smarty!!

I think that's A-okay that Gramma thinks the Doc is just being ever so attentive to her needs and sending folk out to -check on her-, in lieu of her having to bust out of the house for her appt.'s.
What a precious connection she & boo have made, too. I just love that!! I hope they will have a good deal of -quality- time left with one another.

Very smart that you did your homework on the eateries you will be near by!! That's exactly the best way to handle going into the unknown.

Gotta head out!! Back after a bit!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-19-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #1799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We survived!!
That was kind of a longish/stressful ordeal though. So the "clinic" was held at the back of this big Farm-ee type store. It's open to both cats and dogs, 1st come-1st served. We ALL had the bright idea of arriving a bit early. So, an hour & half later, of standing in line with other anxious pups and lots of fried nerves but both the kids remain legal.
Right before these two stepped up for their shot, a little Doxen was rushed over by it's Pop, as he thought maybe she was having a reaction to the shots. She'd gotten sickie. The poor things little tail was tucked & she just -looked-like she felt awful. I felt heartsick for her, and her Pa, as he was clearly so full of fear for her. The tech person checked her out and opted to give her an antihistamine, to combat any reaction.

After we got the kids settled back here at the homestead, we bailed out for a new to us little mexi-fest dive, for burritos. YUM!! Then back here for a serious fam nap!!

Throwin' back some java with hopes of a rooma-zoom-zoom effect...as the kitch is a full on despicable disaster.

I wonder if there will be some sort of special Easter Egg Hunt goin' down at Disney for you guys tomorrow?!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yeah, I still need updated deets on the cleansing *tea* pills!! Did you remain faithful for the 14? Would you take them again?