Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #1741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Wow...you guys are the the full fledged walkers these days!! Buddy must be feeling all kinds of special. Are his siblings askin' him questions about what's goin' on out there in the big world, or do they care?
The two heathens over here would straight have a fit if one kid got to haul out for a field trip and the other had to stay behind.
Yay on your temp heat wave for the day!! What a nice surprise!!

YUM on the poo cookies!! Those sound totally Good!! I wanna test them out & maybe lose some of those peachy pounds I took on!!

Yepp, the word on the chick peas...is hold out/off. It's deff up there with the kale experiment. I finished off the last of the creation this afternoon...and swore it off for the foreseeable future.

I am soooooo Glad to hear that G has turned the corner. What a relief!! Good catch on her folks part & helping her reel it in.

Okay, as for the the suspicious produce fella ; he looks at me with -hungry/amorous eyes. No, I haven't brought that little tid to anyone's attention...except you.
So, because I'm creeped by 'em...we've been chowing on more *frozen* vegg than usual.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 PM   #1742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's Tie Our Belt - YouTube

Had some parent folk who were having a tough time recalling how to help their Little's tie their belts...so I video'ed the Hunk & we put it on the schools facebook page, for them to view it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
WOE: mostly raw, plant based
Start Date: 9-1-14
Hello!!!

Busy day at work today! My gosh...just nuts! 1st of the month and weird things going on

Oh and on top of that it was April fools Had a prank or two pulled on me

I weigh in tomorrow and then I am going to start 3 days of stillmans. I think I am going to alternate a few days each week of that. Just to vamp up the loss a bit more

Whats going on with you today???
Old 04-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #1744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick .
I have an awful-booming rager of a headache tonight...and chills. I'm just gonna take me to bed.

I hope your weigh in is a good one tomorrow!!

G'nighty~Nightage!!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #1745
Blabbermouth!!!

Confession time.....

I did not make it to the store this morning to get stuff for my stillmans diet and so instead I went after work and bought stuff to start tomorrow. But for dinner I opted for Burger king burger and fries

However after enjoying my last cheat meal I am going to do stillmans QWL until the day we leave for FL I also bought a 14 day colon cleanse so that will take me till we leave too! Just realized how fast that trip is coming up so I am going to just commit to it for the 2 weeks till we leave!

Oh and I lost 2.8 this week

Sep 1~223, Oct 1~210
Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey I forgot to watch the hunks vid! I just did! Very nice video! I am totally impressed with it!

Oh and then I headed over to your facebook....looking great as well!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

Here ye, here ye! Loty and ML will be sporting these lovely fanny packs with duel hydration holders in a mere few days! At the extreme horror of their children they will be worn proudly the entire trip to Disney!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #1748
Blabbermouth!!!

Bought some stuff for the trip, me and the girls got really lightweight nylon backpacks just to carry a sweatshirt, drinks, snacks or whatever. Then ML got a backpack that is actually a cooler so that he can carry cold drinks. At like 3 -4 $ a piece I do think we will carry our own drinks! Also had to get a new camera. The one I have is oh probably 7-8 years old. Which isn't that old, well I wouldn't think it is but it doesn't hold a charge anymore. It sucks the life out of new batteries in an hour or 2. Weird huh? I don't care to buy a really nice camera so I guess when all I buy is $100 cameras I can't expect them to last forever! Anyways got a nice on that is actually a video camera as well. Has wifi too so you can instantly send stuff to your computer. I guess FB peeps find that interesting. Since I dont FB its not too exciting to me!

OK......i'm off to bed!

See ya tomorrow!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #1749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A colon cleanse?! Holy canoli...14 days of it?! WHAT?!?! I'm sure I don't understand this. Is this something I wanna do too?? I just don't know what to think about a 14 day process!! Do you recall that special tea I picked up some months ago, for the sake of cleansing? It was a make one batch and drink 2 little cups worth over 2 days deal...and holy smokes...I nearly had some serious accidents!! I seem to recall you asking me -What were you thinking!!-...and yet here Loter goes down a eerily similar path?!
So how does it work?

You and your *last meal*...crack.me.up!! I don't think I know anything specific about Stillmans...just have heard the name. Is it LC based?

Wow, your trip is coming up soon, huh?! That snuck up fast!! How long will you be gone for? I feel like I may as well start gettin' my grieve on right now over it.

Super work on being a losing loser again this week!! You're knocking it out of the ball park!! Can you -feel- a difference?

So yesterday CT phoned at 10am and asked to cash in on the chauffeuring to the Urgent Care that I'd previously offered. So we hung out for a few hours while they ran cat scans and such on her. She doesn't have anything major going on, according to the results of the scan...aside from a finding of what looks like evidence of having had a stroke at some point. Who knew?! So, they gave her an opiate grade shot & sent her on her way.

I think we have about half of the students outfitted in sparring gear now. We had a couple walk in's today that may turn into students, and one adult fellow who will be starting in tomorrow evening.

I'd really like to spend some time with your chow choices tonight!! WANIT!!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #1750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great idea on the back packs!! You will surely be so glad to have them while you guys are sporting around. It'll be great to have your hands freed up too!! What a smarty!! And the cooler...YES!! I'd say that ML could take on a few extra Macho Man points for being the packer of cold drinks, and saving the day like that!! It's noble and worthy...and quite the high calling, really.
Do you have any idea what to expect, weather wise? Oh yeah, who is going to be seeing after the fur children while you're away?

I hear ya on not wanting to part with big monies for the cameras. The one we had before our currents ones, that are a part of our cell phones...was around $120 I think. It's lasted us quite a while, and thru many pic.'s, while doing real estate, and plenty of videos too. It takes much better pic.'s and video than our cell phones do, but is a real after thought anymore.

Well, since no one was trying to share their Burger King chow with me...I made some mexi-style salads. Good stuff!!

Interesting factoid; two of our students...totally unrelated to one another, are foster kids. Well, kind of. I think their folks have actually adopted them. Neato, huh?!

Alright...I think I will follow suit with that great idea you had, of crashin' out. Chat tomorrow!!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #1751
Blabbermouth!!!

Well hello!

Oh now that you mention it....I do remember your tea! What have I done??? Well I did it on purpose though. Stilmans is very very low carb. Basically the quick weight loss version is low fat meat, cottage cheese and egg. Thats it. I thought a little cleanse would be a good thing while on it to keep from getting blocked up!!! The one I bought was from Walmart it is an Acia berry 14 day colon cleanse. If you google that you will see it. I am making ML do it too! I will let ya know how that goes! But hey nobody said this was going to be fun!

It sure sounds like the classes are going over great!!!!! How did the sparring go so far? Are you beating up on any youngsters??
How many adults do you have signed up??

Glad to hear that CT is ok. Is she feeling better since the shot? Well that sure was surprising news about the mini stroke! No idea when? She doesn't remember at all? Is that normal?

The furbabies are being taken care of by my MIL. She will just come over three times a day and let them out and feed them. I should send them to the kennel but I just don't like to unless I HAVE to! We are leaving the 17 and will be back the 22. We are flying out of Flint at like noon and get there around 4, same for the way home. Which is perfect! We dont have to be up early and still don't get home late. Flint is about an hour from here. We are staying right outside Disney so we don't need to get a car. I hate driving in bit cities! The hotel has free shuttle to everywhere we want to be!

Oh did you see the post that joined the party? Look up a few I was telling someone I ordered those and they were embarrassed for me too! hey who cares! They will be handy!

K...gonna hit the sack! Night!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #1752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, do tell...how was Tea time today?!?!
I had to share the deets w/Hunkie when the text came in, as I was fully busting up & he had to know why. So he got to crack up too!!
Oh yeah, so ML was put on this program too?! How is he fairing? You two are something pretty funny!!

That's so cool that your hotel will shuttle you guys around & you don't have to rent a car & drive. That's just one less cost and stressor!!
Also, most excellent how you guys have your departure & returned timed with your flights and whatnot. Super efficient, and relaxed. This ought to be a really fab trip for the fam.
That's Great that MIL will take care of the fur kids & be poppin' into the homestead so frequently.
*Probably wouldn't suggest you pack any Tea time pills with you!!

Your gunny sacks are a riot...but very practical, so I've gotta give them a double thumbs up too.

Yepp, CT is startin' to feel better, and the headache is finally lifting. The shot didn't do jack for her.
My aunt, her sister, sent those flowers over here...to ensure that CT would get them...as she may not have answered her door for the delivery folks. Anyhow...she really doesn't care one way or another about flowers...so she refused to take them on over at her house.
So I passed them along to the Grandmother of one of our students. She was beside herself happy. Her daughter came in and was just gushing about them and so happy cause her Mom loves flowers so much & just doesn't get many. Yay...Awesome!!

We had a challenging time with one of our fave students today, and yesterday. His fam life is hecktic, at best, and we're wondering if that's where some of his recent acting out is coming from. We've decided that we will attempt to speak with him & his fam about it come Monday and hopefully nip some of his behaviors in the bud.

Brought take-n-bake pizza home for dinn tonight. Not LC.

How goes it in Lotyville??
Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #1753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YO, Happy Saturday!!

Who ran off with me gumption?!
The Hunk bailed outta here fairly early, to start in on cleaning the church, then breaked for breakie with the guys and their bible study. He just sent a text a bit ago saying that he's finishing up on his cleaning duties. Oh yeah, and a show off piccy of some sorta goodness that looks like homemade egg Mc Muffins. His breakie action...but not mine!!
I -just- got outta bed, and hooked meself up w/breakie...two ice cream cones. Yes I did.
I have the regular blah-blah chores to hit today. There are serious wanna's for a super low key, don't wanna go anywhere/see anyone sitch goin' on as well.
CT made some noise about maybe coming over around noon to take the kids out for a walk...so that might end up being their being field trip for the day.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 04-05-2014 at 09:14 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh you know how tea time was!!!! Still is!!!! I went this far, might as well see it through! Seems to hit me about 3 hours after taking a pill. I was in a book store today and a silent but deadly slipped out......oh my At least I could jump a few isles over before anyone knew it was me!

Going down to see the baby tomorrow They got home yesterday. Apparently didn't learn to keep her home though, already had her out to a store and are taking her to church tomorrow morning before we get there Whatev....I don't say anything, well just to you and ML

What is going on with you!!! All inhibition is just gone with the wind! Ice cream for breakfast?? Your straight up crazy! Eh....I had some tonight after dinner too so we just won't talk about it anymore....deal?? Made a delicious turkey tonight! Threw it in stone frozen and cooked it upside down. Shredded it when is was done and threw it in a bowl with all the juice and fat from the bottom of the pan....yummo! had it with baked sweet potato and zucchini. Oh and ice cream but we aren't counting that ! Totally blew the diet the last 2 days Will get back on track tomorrow. Well besides that for dinner all I had today was a small dish of cottage cheese so cals wise I am fine, just wasn't on the plan I wanted to be!

That was so nice of you to give the flowers away! Why does CT not like them?? Never heard of such a thing!

poor little fella in your class with the messed up home front! Really does play a huge factor in the goofing around behavior! He probably doesn't even know why he is doing it.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #1755
Blabbermouth!!!

Its on like Donkey Kong now

nevermind......I'll PM it!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #1756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh the fun of the SBD's (silent but deadly's)!!
This reminds me...and makes me fully bust up every time I recall it; back when I was working in a hospice home, a SBD came tumbling out & I thought I was in the clear, because it was just an old/ancient resident in the room, and another care person. I figured the care person would just assume it was the oldie. NO, she didn't. Not only that, but she called me right out on it...asking "So & So, did you just ***** your pants?!" I could have just fully died right there on the spot!! She had the most disgusted look on her face that I've ever seen a person make...and for good reason, too. And yet...I still fully denied it.

Shipping this...then onto another.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #1757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh those KaKa's...it seems like this is a real disconnect in between their ears on this one. I hope the little one fares thru it okay.
How exciting to be able to visit little C!! Oh and I bet your Little's must be really excited too!!

Ahhh yes, ice cream for breakie. Not a new thing for me though. This nonsense began back when I was probably 5 or so, and able to grab things for meself out of the kitchy. Remember, CT has never put much together in the kitch...and I didn't care for cereal as a kid, (I'd love some now!!), so I'd just have a big bowl ice cream. Old habits die hard...if at all.

Wow, your Turkey dinn sounds devine!! Pretty crafty and confident of you to just go throwing a frozen turk in the oven & plan on it working out!! How big was it? Did it take half a day to cook?

Good one..."Why does CT _______?" You know I have no answer for this!! Ever...relating to anything!! I'm just as much at a loss as you as to why she wouldn't take the flowers on over at her diggs.

I agree, it is awful that this little kiddo in class is having a hard time...likely due to his folks who are split & just straight dogging each other, right in front of him. That's gonna be what we look to address come Monday. In addition to that though...I feel like we must put Mr. Kid on notice, too & make it clear that students who behave the way he did...will be pulled from class & wait on the sidelines, till Ma or Pa come to pick them up.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #1758
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh holy cats!!! I cant believe your work mate called you out on the SBD!!!! What a funny story!!! Well I suppose I would call out someone but not in a jerky way like that!

So did you get to relax yesterday? Or did the hunk rope ya into some sort of activity?? I was running and chores most of yesterday. Then today we just were all about little CJ. Long tiring day but was nice! She slept the whole time we were there which was just great cause all we did was pass her back and forth to all of us and take little cuddle sessions She is really sleepy from being so worn out from last week!!

I just booked a hotel for A and me. Tomorrow night we are headed for a girls night. She has her field trip to the capital on Tuesday and we are going to stay the night before and have some fun! I did it with G because she used to get car sick and I didn't want her puking on the bus! Or did I tell you this already??? Anyway, to be fair, I am taking A on the same little outing.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This here is the bomb diggity!! Heading into the kitch to put together some zucchini goodness w/Alfredo sauced meatballs. Back in a flash!!

Order Here!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #1760
Blabbermouth!!!

I swear I was going to but that thing yesterday!!! Decided to wait and research a bit first. Do you have it? It looked sort of cheap Does it work?? I really wanted it! Hopefully it works great! I bought some shoes (before trying them on) and have to return them so....I could just exchange the shoes for one of those thingys! Well only if you say its good!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #1761
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhhh....I need a super slicer too!!!!

Argh! Didn't I ever warn you I have a problem with informercials!!!! I NEED them alllll!!!! Really I do!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #1762
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, well I have to go to bed and now I probably wont sleep for sheer wonder and excitement!

I sure hope your happy with yourself!

Ok, I can't stay mad at ya!

Night!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #1763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is a dynomite little gadget!!
I picked it up at Wally this evening for $14 & change. It's very basic...easy to use, and will be able to be rinsed & set right into the dishwasher. It's wonderful!! I DO believe you NEED one....seriously!! Mine didn't come with the fancy slicer...just the bare bones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-04-06 19.31.08.jpg (40.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #1764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I took my Zoodles & steamed them...to soften them, before adding the sauce-n-ballz. Not missing the -real- pasta one bit.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #1765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes...I DO recall your attraction for all things "As seen on TV".

The Hunk was also fully impressed with the noodle maker. Thought it was "Excellent!!".
Tomorrow's goodness will be a pork stirfry...using the zoodles.
I see that there's youtuber vids about it. I'll have to spin over & watch 'em.

What a Fun trip that will be for you & A!! You're really the best Mum around.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #1766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just now seeing your "sheer wonder & excitement" note. Yes, if you had any true idea...you would certainly be gettin' your dreamy wishes on over it. This could so totally be such a big helper to us!! Rob say's he thinks he's gonna be skinny by tomorrow morning because of it.
I'm just thinking of all the possibilities!! One of the settings is for thin noodles...like spaghetti...and the other is more like a linguine. Like for maybe a linguine & clam sauce!! I even just had it with butter, s & p and some parm...and it was such a winner!!
I can't wait to try it with a spag sauce too!!
The only disclaimer that I think you should be aware of is that the very ends of the zucchini is unable to be noodlefied. I just bagged mine & will chop them into our salads. And, if a person wasn't paying close attention, as they're nearing the end of their zucchini, and pushing it on thru, without the safety pusher guard thing...they could zip the tip of their nail/finger off. Aside from that...go get it & get busy busting out your zoodles!!
I used green and yellow zucch today. Tomorrow I'm gonna mess around with carrots too.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #1767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my gosh...in the little recipe booklet that comes with the Veggetti...they mention a Pesto recipe!! That would just be so outstanding!!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #1768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tonight's Zoodle Yum is Pork Chow Mein over zucchini, yellow crook neck & carrot zoodles. Snow peas & onion were also involved...but they are bottom of the list mentions because they did not go thru the fancy zoodling. I totally forgot that I'd wanted to add mushrooms. Turned out super anyhow!!

The little brochure that the Veggette came with says the noodles can be micro'ed too. That could be a wonder.

Would you believe it was 77* here today?! The kids got to go on an early afternoon & eve walk. Happy pups!!

How's the pre-field trip fun going?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #1769
Blabbermouth!!!

Well we're baaaa~aack

Had a fun time. Stayed in a bit of a craphole of a hotel though. It was under construction which is fine but jeesh....the room was a pit too! Anyway we had fun, and ate yummy stuff at new places. The tour was really nice too! Then on the way home we stopped at an outlet mall and did some shopping. Did not find much.... Going to have to find some clothes asap!!!!

I am totally going to go get one of those zoodling things! I thing it is just a great idea!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #1770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aside from the craptastic diggs, it sounds like it was Fun!! I bet A really enjoyed having the one on one time with her Ma, too!!
Yes, you will need to be finding some vaca wear, like quick!! Will you be sporting shorts or capri's for your trip? Some of us don't feel like we can wear shorts anymore. Do you still pull them off well?

Yepp, you do need the little zoodle gadget!! I think you'll enjoy it.
I've taken it into the school as my show-n-tell item over the past couple days. And have created a little frenzy among the Mom's to rush out to Wally to get one.

The Hunk seems to be trying to get sick. He couldn't tell if it was that, or maybe he was developing allergies. He's never had allergies before...but from what we understand...they can come on at any time. Don't know for sure...but he's now suspecting a real live head cold is gettin' him. Hope not!!

Havin' chili for dinn tonight.
Closed Thread