Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #1681
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lotus33
Stats: 220/214/130
WOE: smash up of a few
Start Date: 3-17-14
WHaT? Are those pics even real??? How amazing! Just stunning! I think the hunk was right in his thinking!!! I would just love to go there! Do the kids mind enough to go off leash or do they have to stay on leash regardless? Are they predators in there that would get your kids if they wandered off?

70???? Thats just not fair! I think we -3 tonight and tomorrow a high of 17, just not fair! Waaaaaawaaaaa! Oh yeah the ice that melted on parts of the sidewalk and then refroze are probably 4 inches thick where I couldn't get it up. ML went out today to try but didnt get any farther than I did.

Thank you! I had fun making my little ray of sunshine wreath! Its a little premature in the season buy I don't care!
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction
Ends up being the biggest step of your life.
Tip toe if you must,
but take the step.
lotus33 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #1682
Blabbermouth!!!

Did I tell you about the mess I got myself into?? Argh...the new girl at work had gastric bypass a few years ago. Anyway after 2 kids and eating too much she has to have it redone. She has to go on an all liquid diet for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. Somebody felt bad for her and said they would be a support buddy So I ate like a pig today and starting tomorrow only liquids for 2 weeks! I iz skeered!!!! I can have malto meal, yogurt, jello, and ice cream, other than that.....liquids. Oh me and my big mouth!!!!

Wish me luck!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #1683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
The previous piccy's are off the internet...so who knows what kinda doctoring may have gone down. However, I can vouch that we have *many* nights where our skies look just like those in the photos...so who knows. The piccy below is off the Hunks cell camera, from this afternoon.
HA!! And the notion that we could let the kids run loose....heck NO!! Those little heathens would be off on a permanent adventure if they were to get loose. Well, Kiki would probably stick near enough to get scared about not responding to her Pa's stern voice...but Ace...there's not enough brain cells up there to contemplate consequences. Truth!!
Yes, the park has signage warning of rattlesnakes & coyotes...so they could get themselves in trouble with them too.

So...this weather you guys are still getting...is this typical, or who knows? What an ordeal to have to deal with big ice blocks like that!!
From what I'm gathering, ours shifting into Springy, but very unpredictable weather is pretty much the norm for here, for this time O' year. Today was right around 70*, but tomorrow looks like high 40's.

Oh yeah, a funny from church this morning!! As I was chatting it up with a gal, I hear Rob, a few feet away from me, intro'ing himself to an older couple sitting behind us a bit; he say's "Well I'm not real good with names or faces...but I can memorize license plate numbers and social security numbers."
After a long pause I hear the women say "Doesn't that make you kind of dangerous??" Then he say's, "Well, I was an accountant for 15 years." I don't know...the whole thing just stuck me so funny, I kept replaying it in my mind and cracking up, while we were sitting there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SmRo.jpg (54.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #1684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Loter, what have you done?!?!?!?! 2 Weeks?!?!?! Whoa man...WHOA.
How awful that the new office gal is gonna go under the knife, again!! I hate that for her. Any chance she could have such great success on her own during this next couple weeks, and reconsider the surg? I hope so!! In fact, I mean to pray for just that.
GirlKickinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #1685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As for me Loteage...You can totally do this!! Have you tried having chicky broth, with just a smidge of HWC? It turns it into a cream O' chicky soup that is soooo satisfying!!
Tell ya what, I will strive to work in more liquids over these next two weeks too. Every time I do...I will send out a little prayer for you & NG (New Gal), for continued strength in this en devour.

I'd like to help ya both out right now,,,by dishing up a fat bowl of ice cream. But I don't have any.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #1686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another wonder; how about homemade frozen yogurt pops/frozen juice pops?

ooOOoOooh, do you have a juicer, in order to bust out some carrot/apple juices?? Fruit smoothie action!!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #1687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am sooooooooooo Glad to be back home, and a bit early too!!
I've felt Super Cranky allllllll day, and certainly did not wanna be Mz. Social all afternoon/eve. Not a good mix for Cranky pants.
Hit the market on our way home...but only nailed half our list.

What was your day like?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a pretty Great day today!! The Hunk & I returned to the Smith Rock park this morning, and did a 2 hr. hike~aroo. The toughest part for me was the climb back outta the rock bottom, to the top. Holy cow man, I was huffin' & a puffin' like it was no one's bizz. My lungs and throat were just straight burrrrning!! I could have gone all day long throughout the rest of our venture...but man that part was a doooozzzzy!!

Afterwards, once we arrived back here at the digs, I took a mini nap.

Classes were fun tonight!! Two of my most favey boys were in & I enjoyed being their attacker, while Rob worked with the others. They're so animated.
Got another 8 yr. old boy signed up tonight. He'll have his intro lesson tomorrow @ 3pm, and then come back for his first group class later in the eve.

So will you be staying on for the meeting portion tomorrow am, or is it just a quick run through, to hop onto the scales??

How are the KaKa's doing? Little C is just a doll!! I bet the whole fam is just over the moon!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #1689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anybody wanna take on cleaning me kitch tonight?? Yeah, me neither!! I'd just like to go turn me heating blanket on & go climb in.
I'm about this (-) far away from doing just that!! What a slacker though!!

The day was A-okay...nuthin' really to write home about.

That hike from yesterday is really catching up to me now. My knees feel congested and my calves burn every time they're used. Oh yeah, as well as the muscles that run along the outside of the shinages. Yowch!!

I expect we will experience full on chaos tomorrow, as we're expecting the kids class to have 8 boys in it. Calgone!!

Alright...enough dillying. I'm headed to the stupid mess of a kitch!!

See ya tomorrow!!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #1690
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy cats! What a week this is turning into!!! Did I tell you about G getting into trouble with her phone getting onto a social media sight and posting naughty things?? Well if not ....she did and we had a super long awkward talk about it and I trusted that she deleted. However...I did make a secret account and friend requested her and have been spying The little brat was back at it this week so guess who doesn't have a cool phone anymore??? And guess who now has her Grandmas old old old crappy flip phone??? I took them into the store and had the phone numbers switched. So my MIL now has a very nice very expensive phone she has no idea what to do with and my daughter has a crapola one. But she was warned and I am not giving second chances on what she was into so there ya go! ML and I are just upset though and broken hearted really. Oh well....

Then had a big hashing out of right and wrongs ....again...and I told her she is becoming the kid that other parents don't want around their children! She better straighten out or I am sending her to a private academy. The entire graduating class is only like 15 kids! K-12 all fits in one elementary school But if she is not handling peer pressure well or is going to continue to get into trouble thats what will happen next. Mama don't play that crap!

Then the other morning ML was complaining so badly of weird pains and pressures in all the nether regions (both ends) that I made him a Dr. appt and took him in this morning. Very very nice Doc that we have never seen before. While we were there we talked about all the ailments that he has. I have been trying for 15 years to get him into a doc for his stomach so now we have a plan for that too! He will have an ultrasound on Wed to take a peek. Then go from there. Picked up some meds for him tonight and he is going to have to switch up his diet and bad habits so it will be a work in progress. What do you bet I lose weight now? Won't do it for me but since he has to I will. Dumb huh?

Needless to say I am totally backed up on chores. The littlest derailment send this place into a tailspin I swear!!!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #1691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Holy Canoli, you've had your parental hands FULL!! Oh my goodness. What a shock for G's folks, and whoa...totally awkward forsure!!
Great stalker work on your part, and then also swinging right into action with the consequences. Not easy stuff at all, but you sure did the right thing by her. Is she just fully irked or devastated with this fall out & bye bye to her fancy phone?
That's a tough lesson...no doubt.

BRB
Old 03-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #1692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your pulling of the phonege, swapping out the #'s and handing them back off to the new owners is just the most brilliant handling of this sitch. I totally am all for swift/heavy justice in these cases. Little's need to know when to back up off the line and that they can fully trust Ma & Pa to reign them in when they wander off course. Excellent parenting!!

Interesting idea to give some thought to...that academy. What have you heard about it? Would you consider placing both girls at the same time?
That could be a super fab option!!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #1693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good call on getting ML into see a doc, in order to weed out all these suspicious symptoms!! As nerve wracking as I'm sure it is for both of you, going thru the whole process...at some point I bet you'll get to receive the benefits of some of the wonderings being lifted off your shoulders.
The pains you described sound very familiar. The Hunk speaks of -pains- occasionally too. Maybe this is just typical boy pain. Just yesterday he said he had a cramp type pain in the interior of the hiney. It came on fast, while we were in the market. He mentioned it on the drive home.
What is most typical in the way of dude pains, for him, is the roughly once a month'ish striking pain in one of his *hanger's*. The pain can easily last a whole day...sometimes a couple. For that he has been told that it's a natural type of reoccurring blockage...that works itself out.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #1694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so with ya on the choring maintenance plan having gone out the window!! It just drives me fully insane, not being able to tend to all that's screamin' for attention around here!!
I'm trying to work on at least making the bed, and leaving the kitch cleaned up, before we head out each day.
What really-really needs to happen is a thorough vac as well...but the most it's been getting is the Hunk doing a mop sweep...about twice a week...and that is NOT even kind of a kin to thorough; simply because ya can't suck out dog hair & such with a moppy thing...ya need the vac sucker.
I've been trying to hit a powder room in the eve., for a mini spruce.
There's just a bozillian other things that need tending, and aren't getting it.
I could go on!!

What's goin' on Lotyville this weekend?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #1695
Blabbermouth!!!

Well good morning!

I slept in! But it has caused headaches so a win/lose sitch. Whatev!

Going to ATTACK the house today Uhg...gotta get a lot done!!! Top to bottom it needs a scrub a dub!

*hanger* You have the best way of explaining things! I could not come up with anything as clever but yes that is the issue here too! So to recap ML aches and pains...

15 yrs he has had stomach pain with frequent vomiting- cant get him to a doc
2 yrs he has had the same fast acting intense hiney pain-wont go to a doc
a few DAYS he has hanger pain- WE HAVE TO GO TO THE DOC NOW!!!!

See the hierarchy of body parts here?!?!

The hanger pain the doc said was fluid leaking into places it doesnt belong. He could have a surgery to repair or just live with it, it is not harmful.

The hiney pain, he is unsure of but really I think it is leaning towards and IBS type thing. The stomach I still think is an ulcer but will need more testing to see.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #1696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday!!

I guess the Hood's are gonna pack up here pretty quick, and go traverse the mountainsides again...like old billy goats. Really, the Hunk keeps mentioning us going thru a trail I only got a glimpse of, called "Misery Ridge". From what I saw, it sure didn't look like there was much shoring that little path up, and it's literally along side of one of the rocky mountains.
I may have to pop over & you tube, to make me decision...otherwise, someone will try to peer pressure me into just doing it. My other concern is that beings it's a weekend, it'll be fully loaded with other peeps up there & I would just die of embarrassment if we got on a trail where I was the reason it was backed up for 40 miles. Totally could happen!!

Anyway...that's the sitchy here, as best as I can tell. I reckon we'll have to manage another trip to the market if we wanna still enjoy chow, and all those chores I was complaining about....well they'll still be here, waiting on me.

What are you guys up to today?!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #1697
Blabbermouth!!!

Well we were going to see the baby this weekend but they only came home Thur night so we opted to let them have a min. Its going to be a rough weekend with a ton of people and not knowing what to do with a baby I think they were a little hurt we are not coming but I am sure by the end of the weekend they will understand it was for the best! Its not like they live close where I can pop in for 20 min ya know? When we go it will be a whole day thing.

Well G is very intelligent and mature despite the actions of recent days. She actually freaked out just a bit but then was very understanding of the consequences. When I asked her to explain it back to me what and why she was in trouble and future consequences she totally gets it. I just wish she would get the whole -if you dont do it in the first place this wouldnt happen thing! She is however totally freaked about thee academy! So I still have an ace up my sleeve

She got in a bit of trouble yesterday too though She just doesn't know I know! She was a bit late when MIL picked her up from school. She was all worked up and told MIL that there was is a girl in her class that threatens suicide all the time. She said her and her little group of friends were going to confront her after school and I do believe they thought they would beat the girl up to straighten her out. Brilliant! Have a gang of girls beat up the one that wants to kill herself for wanting to kill herself....that will fix it! They decided the best coarse of action would be to go to the principle though and tell him. Better choice ladies! But it doesn't negate the fact that she was willing to participate is a gang beat down Good grief.....bring back memories? Remember how suckish middle school was?? Don't pick on the unstable ones though!! Jeesh....beat up girls for looking at your boyfriend or somthing normal would ya?
Anyway I asked her twice if anything exciting happened at school and just got nope. nothing. MIL was the one who told me.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #1698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hike Misery Ridge Loop in Smith Rock State Park - YouTube

Well shoot, I guess it doesn't look at freaky from the trail as I thought it did from the ground, looking up. I'm tempted to let meself be swayed & just do it. If I recall right, it's just a bit over a couple miles. I hope I've got that right.

Ha!! Yes, I totally see how the level of importance to ML became *We gotta address this medical crisis RIGHT NOW!!*, as the issues traveled farther & farther south!!
I agree with your diagnosis on the hiney/IBS relationship. Hopefully that's something that will fade, once he has a better hold on his tummy. What a nightmare to have to live with such a sensitive gut as that!! I just can't fathom. That would certainly be my biggest concern as well. I hope these doc's take a very proactive approach in finding him a cause & treatment. He'd likely feel more inclined to visit them, if he finds it does him some good.
I can't recall if you'd mentioned some where along the line...has ML had a Vas? Mine has, and if I'm recalling right, that's partially why he has his -monthly- striking pains to -his people-. And really, I guess I'm overstating the frequency a bit. It's probably every one or two months...somewhere in there.

I'm green with envy over the clean house one of us will have & enjoy, by the end of the afternoon!! Some of us won't!!

Alright I'll drop ya a line once I've resurfaced from the craggly rock of ages this afternoon!!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #1699
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and ....I am probably going to eat food today. This liquid thing is enough. Actually I punched in what I ate into ****** and there is not an ounce of nutrition in it! broth, yogurt, malto meal, cream soups.......its not adding up to much in the way of anything useful!

I have my monthly cards tonight so I wont eat junk but maybe bring a fruit and veg tray and munch on that.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #1700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa man...that was a treacherous-overwhelming...and long hike. All & all, 4 hours from the car, back. The lame that I am, didn't even consider that I should really give some thought to the soles of the shoes that I chose for the trek. I wore very comfy shoes, but the sole is like close to 2'ish inches thick and does not bend. So there was absolutely no chance of gripping, for traction's sake...and they are also fully lacking any sort of grippers. No, instead they're like smooth skies...so that one can have their feet skate out from under them, with almost every step on the rocky nightmare trail. <---Pretty good depiction of the range of emo's I was experiencing throughout our travels. Seriously...as we were coming down the other side of the goat climbin' mountainside, and my feet kept slippin' out from under me...I thought I'd just lose it. It was so stressful and overwhelming. I should clarify though...my rear never actually touched down during those slides. The worst slip involved me reaching out real quick, grabbing a hold of a bush and having it turn out to be some sort of thorn bush that ripped through my grasp. Ouch!!
Aside from all that, it was a really terrific experience!! The Hunk held my hand the whole time, and helped me through. The weather was totally perfect, and we were there early enough to get a jump start before it really started to swarm with folk.

We stopped in at Sonic's (a burger joint), and gorged on double cheese burger's, before heading home. A far cry from my raw diet, eh?! So worth it...so SOOO WHAT!! Once we arrived back at the homestead...the whole fam napped for 3 hours!! Good times!!

BRB
Old 03-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #1701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yepp, the KaKa's may not have initially been able to appreciate the break you were giving them...but that may become more & more clear as the hours with the new babe, and flow of well wishing company streams through. It will be nice to visit them when that's all cooled down a bit, and maybe they're feeling a little fresher/rested.
Wow, a whole different world is opening up to them. Emo's and life stuff they've never had to really consider before. They will benefit greatly from you & ML's years of experience, to help them navigate this new to them territory.

Oh G. Yepp, middle school years. Such crazy times, and odd ball thinking. I remember it well.
So Glad to hear that the suggesting of the Academy is frightening and powerful!! Use it for all it's worth!!

Yes to you breaking from your liquid fast and chowing on some nutritional goods. I think that's a Great idea!! Your platter idea is perf.

So, after I sent the Hunk out on an ice cream run... , I scooted the kids out for a walk with CT, and vac'ed. The sun was shining through & I could really see how much KiKi hair was being left behind with every pass. That frustrates me so badly!! It's already just a PITA to whip that thing around the whole house in the first place, but to have it lack effectiveness...just makes me feel like blowing up!! RAGE!!
I reckon I should hit the kitch with some sparkle. That will likely be the end of the Clevering around these parts today. Whatev!!

*Oh yeah, I was sharing with Rob about ML's boy issues & their similarities...and wouldn't ya know, within hours of chit-chatting about it, he says he's having an episode/attack on a hanger. It's his TOM.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #1702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!!

Do you recall the Big Hoopla about the Angelina Jolie-Pit leg pose? It was probably at least 6'ish months ago. I don't follow that crap on TV, but I saw the story both online and on mag covers in the grocery store. Anyhow...it seems she was jetting one of her legs out fairly far, awkwardly so, through a slit in her dress.

Doesn't it look like the Hood is pulling off his own Angie leg?
I assure you, it wasn't on purpose. He had his foot up on a rock I think, and if asked about the Angie leg thing...would have no clue what you're talking about.
FUNNY!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg His Angelina leg.jpg (47.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #1703
Blabbermouth!!!

Whoa I am straight up totally impressed by your hike up a freakin mountainside!!! May i suggest that you should probably go shoe shopping if your going to continue on your nature hikes! Or just go all out and wear some pumps...whatever you want!

How are you feeling today? Sore at all or pretty good?

OK can't play much ......its finish up chores day....yeah I needed 2 full days to take care of just the essentials!!!

BBL Hope you have a fab day!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #1704
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello! I'm taking a break!

Oh we post at the same time all the time! I didnt see that cheeky pic till just now! hubba hubba! I'm so jealous your able to wear shorts! And no snow!!! We got 2 inches Friday night! Still only 25 here today

G got into more trouble I took a peek at her computer and dang it if she isnt on that site again! Even after she lost her phone! So she no longer has a computer at all either! I am just so sad about her behavior and the lying and deceiving! The loss of that computer hit harder than the phone. I think just cause she was overwhelmed with the loss of everything she loves in one week! I really am just heart broken over it. I told her she has done such a 180 in her behavior that its like we are strangers so we are starting over. We have to build from the ground up. I am treating her like a stranger. No holding on to the past and what she used to behave like because she is proving time and time again that that girl is gone. Uhg!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #1705
Blabbermouth!!!

Tried making eggs benedict today for breakfast. Not a fan of hollandaise. Or I botched it up terribly. Never had it before so not sure but blech! It was not that tasty! Have you ever made it?

Made some other treats for the fams and did have 1 cookie. last night I was a little bad. Started with veg and fruit.....ended with mini quiche and nachos. Don't ask..... I thought I would be sick today from it but instead it blocked me up! That is a problem I never have! Weird! I did eat food today but not too bad. Will go back to a liquid~y diet tomorrow.

Oh still off the coke! Have been drinking cold cherry tea the last 2 days. I can only stomach those water flavoring mixes for so long. They taste nasty to me but help me to choke down water so I used them. But the cherry tea Yum! I make a whole pitcher at a time and do put in maffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

^^^^^^^I guess I dozed off and me headed bobbed and I saw that! Anyway....as I was saying. I make a whole pitcher and add a heaping tbs of stevia just to sweeten it a hint. Love it!

Got lots of chores done today. More still can be done but I am retiring for the evening! I have just had my fill of fun for the day! Well and clearly as soon as I sat down I started to crash

Last edited by lotus33; 03-23-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #1706
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I forgot to say how funny about the Hunks Hanger Hurting!!! Sympathy pains maybe?? What a hoot!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #1707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick run through, as I've still gotta wrap up some laundries and remake the darn bed!!

I just wanted to offer some for this ordeal with G. She seems straight bent on steering this direction. What a tough position this places you & ML in. I'm at a loss. That and I reckon I just don't have any direct experience to pull from on this sorta sitch.

that you guys are given the strength to cope and the wisdom to guide her thru this rough patch.

I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow!!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #1708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

Only Tuesday, huh? Eye-yie-yie. Hustle Weekend!! I'm ready already!!

TOM had me in the throws and clutches yesterday. There were no signs of sunny dispositions up in here. Oh no...just controlled venom & wrath!! So annoying.
A partial solution became pizza, chips and ice cream for dinn. Yes it did.

CT took a dive in her kitch yesterday. Here's her note about it, in response to my asking what she was doing playing Hop scotch on her counters:

"Well,I feel more dead than alive this morning. I'm going to have to cancel my 12:00 hair app today. The head is sooooooooo sore. I landed on the left side so that side of the head is still pounding, I think it received the most damage. The left ribs, and arm is sore and not usable but probably just sprained. If my head was ok, I could survive. But I think it may take some time to heal. I had been standing up on the kitchen counter several times trying to fix the brackets for the curtain rod. So that particular time I was standing on the sink edge and I started getting dizzy and just fell backwards all the way to the floor, hitting my head on the oven, and chair, and floor, on the way down. So guess I'll be couch ridden till the brain damage heals.
Yep, The pizza was good, I think I have the timing and temperature figured out now.
Chat laters, Tell the children it will be awhile before there Gram takes them for a walk."

I've offered to chauffeur her to the urgent care...but she's passing on that for now.
If she'd have knocked herself out with that fall, she could have been there for days without us having any idea, if it weren't that we'd just arranged for Rob to stop in & grab pizza from her, once we got in for the day.
So in a very indirect, reaching sort of way...us having Pizza nearly saved her life...if it in fact was near losing...which it wasn't...but...Pizza saves the day!!

Oh NO...I am no fan of that hollandaise sauce action. NO.
A pal of ours made us his Ma's special (his fave) breaky, a few years back; even buying a special eggs benie pan to make the stuff in, and was just going on & on about the Awesomeness that it surely would be for us. Neither the Hunk nor I had tried it before. We both about gurged over that breakie. I don't know what peeps see in that!!

I've never heard of cherry tea before!! If I wanted to experience the goodness, is there a brand I should look to shop out? Could I find it at a regular market, or is this a fancy specialty item? Questions!!

I would like to go on record that it would be super helpful & ease the stress level if there were an emo counter to the side over here, as I'm typing.
But because it gets to remain as a fun guessing game...I will ship & send another!!

Last edited by GirlKickinIt; 03-25-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #1709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So how goes it w/the liquideez? How is NG fairing? I've pictured her as being a singleton, living alone if there's any truth to that...then I'd say that would be the easiest sitch to really get it together from. Especially if she's not -in charge- of prepping other's meals for them.

Our neighbor pals have approached us, again, wanting to arrange creative payments in order to purchase the Firebird from us. This time however, they really need access to it as their daily driver, for work, right away, and are asking us to allow that, while we carry the title....waiting on their payments. Ummmm....No.
I think instead we will just look to insure it & hit some of the rod runs around the area, once it warms up, while sporting a "For Sale" sign on it.
I want a nice clean -sale-, or none at all.

Hittin' chores before it's time to get ready & head out!!

How's it going in Lotyville?!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just got in a bit ago. Made lasagna tv dinners for chow. Yepp...that's how we roll sometimes.